the sign that said braves or cowards was the first thing i saw at chapin, before i even got in the gate and bought my ticket. how can you say the players have no sportsmanship when theyre being openly insulted like that. what would you have done? i think the most honest thing ive heard about this is the chapin player who admitted he would have been pissed off about it too. ill admit i graduated from socastee so it definately pissed me off. if you want to make signs limit them to your own team. ask the boys from chapin if that sign helped them at all. it only gave the socastee boys more motivation to win. it was classless. it wasnt even clever or tongue in cheek. it was a blatant insult and a bunch of 15 16 and 17 year old boys reacted like anyone else their age would have reacted in the heat of battle. they didnt shred the signs, the didnt throw them back in the fans and parents faces, they didnt stomp on them, they just tore them down. i seriously doubt the cheerleaders would have done anything different with the signs anyway. as for the game it was fun to watch, but kind of scrappy. simple fact is socastee finished and the "horrible" keeper came up with some good saves to keep chapin out. chapin played hard and even when it was 4-0 there were only a few frustration fouls, nothing too ugly. congratulations on a strong season and with four freshman and several sophomores starting good luck with the next few years, youve got a solid foundation to build on. good luck to my boys from socastee, wish i could be in columbia on saturday to see you guys play.