Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Bottom line, Coach Camp notified the 4th refree as soon as she relized that Wando had 12 players on the field. It is then up to the refees to decided what, if any, penalty is going to be imposed. Coach Champ informed the refees, that is what is important. No she did not do it on purpose, and for the Lexingtion coach to refuse to shake her hand and say she won by cheating is wrong. I have been keeping my mouth shut all season long. Any time the low country does something good it has been shot down. Foe example, Wando, the low country champs, to have only one allstar elected?? Wando JV has a player that improved enough to be moved to varisty(JR) and they are sandbaging. Get over it. Thank you Coach Champ, you are a class act, and will always be thought as one. Wando girls, keep you heads high for you are the state champs and no one came take that from you. As for the Lexington girls, Thank you for the class you showed, unlike you coach, who refused to shake hands.

ok first of all the lexington coach was telling his players to not say stuff like that and to not say anything about the referees or the 12th person incident so get your facts straight and wando has no class whatsoever for having their players flick us off while we are getting our awards now tell me is that class?!!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
legs:
Both Lexington coaches walked over to the Wando photo session after every thing calmed down. Lexington's coach shook wando's coaches hand. So settle down.
Sometimes people do things in the heat of the moment that the regret later.
In my oppinion that took class.

Last edited by truefan; 05/12/07 04:21 AM.
D
bench
bench
D
NO wando players were flicking off ANYONE!!

this is all so dumb
everyone leave it alone
WANDO WON and its OVER WITH!!..it was over with after they got there FIRST GOAL

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
How does this happen? It has no been two years in a row in which officiating has been a major deciding factor in the 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Last season it was a terrible officated game between Irmo vs Dorman with the game being called as Irmo scored the tying goal into an empty net. Now 12 players on the field. This is getting ridiculous. This is the biggest game of the year. Athletes dream of this moment from the time the begin playing the sport they love so dearly. I just think it's a shame that in recent history, both Boy's and Girl's there has been WAY TO MANY games influenced in a negative way by the officials.

corner kick
corner kick
It does take incredible class to make up for a mistake you made in anger. Many kudos to the Lexington coaches if they did indeed go shake hands with Wando later on; that shows some class and humility for a mistake in the face of adversity!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
coach
coach

kick off
kick off
the lexingotn coaches did shake hands with the wando coaches after and it is the moment lexington had been waiting on for years to finally make it to the championship only to get stripped of it by poor officialing it is really sad way to end the season but atleast lexington played fair and hard and wando didnt deserve to win so sry defender but they just aren't as good as you think they are and some of the girls did flick off lexington players get your facts straight b4 you defend something that you know nothing about

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
corner kick
corner kick
I do have one question though...reading that article. And by no means am I trying to be inflammatory, but if the Lexington coach "knew" that it was for the entire second half, then why didn't he go over to the referee's bench immediately and stop it then? Is there missing information that says he got up and went to the bench and got ignored? I would assume that if they took notice of Coach Champ when she went to the referee directly, they would have done so with him.

It just seems like almost 40 minutes of a half is a very long time to not concretely do anything about something you've known the entire period--and by concretely, I mean staying calm and rational and moving up to the nearest referee to request a word of concern, not screaming from your sideline and hoping someone will maybe hear you...especially in such a crucial game.

If anyone has more information, please let me know so I can try to further understand everything. PM or on the board works, either way. Thanks!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I also love in the article how it states the fourth official "hesitated" when Champ told him there were 12 on the field. Doesn't seem like too hard of a concept. I'm neither a Lexington nor a Wando fan, just hate to see what sounds like a very intense game ruined by incompetence of an official(s).

throw in
throw in
TlRCamo,
The Wando keeper did not punch or kick a Lexington player. Twice during the game the Wando keeper was hit hard AFTER she had full possession - once by the goalpost a good 2-3 seconds (yes, we have video) AFTER she had possession of the ball. Words were exchanged, some shoulder pushing, but no punches or kicks. The second incident occurred while the Keeper was coming down from a high ball. This time the Ref yellowcarded the Lexington player, not the Keeper,so you are way off base. Quit looking for reasons Lex. lost, and let ALL the girls on both teams focus on the fact that it was a hard fought game. Someone had to win, and tonight it was Wando.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard