I do have one question though...reading that article. And by no means am I trying to be inflammatory, but if the Lexington coach "knew" that it was for the entire second half, then why didn't he go over to the referee's bench immediately and stop it then? Is there missing information that says he got up and went to the bench and got ignored? I would assume that if they took notice of Coach Champ when she went to the referee directly, they would have done so with him.

It just seems like almost 40 minutes of a half is a very long time to not concretely do anything about something you've known the entire period--and by concretely, I mean staying calm and rational and moving up to the nearest referee to request a word of concern, not screaming from your sideline and hoping someone will maybe hear you...especially in such a crucial game.

If anyone has more information, please let me know so I can try to further understand everything. PM or on the board works, either way. Thanks!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.