Hurst66: I should have known better; I was a dip-head (mis-hyphenation intended!)

futbol(soccer): I made an assumption about the "painted boys"; I knew the bottles came from that general area and just assumed. I apologize. My parents came to their first soccer game to see their granddaughter and accidentally initially sat among the boys; I moved them "safely" away and thus could only observe from a distance.

My point was that I felt that the behavior doesn't quite rise to the level of the gang activity ascribed to some high school sporting events in our state -- and yet this guy is calling for a police presence to stop what I guess was the wanton emotional damage done by those two 12 ounce half-filled water bottles and the chants by the crowd. Again -- I don't condone what (apparently) the students did -- but it seemed rather tame to me even if I compare it to what went on 30 years ago when I was playing high school sports.

I found it interesting that I understood more about the game from reading "The Lexington Chronicle" (a weekly newspaper) than I did reading "The State" or "The Post and Courier."

As an FYI, the Lexington Chronicle said that four minutes were played 12v11. I have not a clue as to where they got that number. I honestly don't think it matters whether it was 1 minute, 4 minutes, or 40 minutes. However, I am confused as to the actual number -- here's my amazingly bad recollection.

With 12 minutes to go, Lexington moved a midfielder from midfield to forward. Wando had been marking that player with 1-2 players during the game. You could see a lot of initial confusion as Wando players adjusted. At the 10-11 minute mark, I turned to my spouse and told her to note that there were 6 players almost constantly on the back line defensively. At some point, and I honestly don't recollect when it was, Sam Decker (a former Lexington player) tapped my shoulder and told me I should count the number of players on the field. Stupidly, I counted 11 but didn't include the keeper in my count (note: I never said I was the deepest carrot in the patch.) At what seemed to be a more than a few minutes later (and I stress "seemed"), I saw both the Lexington coach and Wando coach trying to get the referee's attention. Then all heck broke loose.

Please note that I am not refuting anyone regarding how much time actually was spent playing 12v11; I honestly don't have a clue. My sense of time was distorted as I grew increasingly frustrated by Wando's excellent defensive strategy and their superb execution of that strategy (note: I mean this completely and utterly as a compliment.)

I would love to buy a video copy of the game; will anyone be selling them this year?

And again...while this is all an interesting discussion...none of it matters in terms of who won that game. Congratulations again to Wando...