Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Manchester #90369 10/15/07 09:30 PM
S
goal
goal
S
Congratulations to Nestor!

So how do Nike and addidas pump money into AAU programs? How do they get around NCAA rules and/or what are the rules that govern this type of donation/support/funding?

Soccer16 #90370 10/15/07 10:44 PM
M
brace
brace
M
16, I'm just passing on what I've read about Nike and Adidas and their involvement in AAU and can't elaborate further. Maybe someone else will pick up this thread and let us know what the specific rules are governing financial influence of players outside of school systems. I wouldn't be surprised to find that different rules apply to privately funded (club) competition vs high school and/or collegiate competition.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Manchester #90371 10/16/07 12:52 AM
kick off
kick off
One would think Bridge FA should qualify to be one of the "Nike Premier Club" affiliates. I don't think they pump alot of cash into the club, but it would certainly help with discounts towards the purchasing of their soccer related products. Nike seems to be a litle more proactive in youth soccer than Adidas.

Anyone know what the qualifications or acceptance criteria is?

G
throw in
throw in
G
"The principle of the Academy is the best program available for the players that want to player soccer at a higher level. Quality practices over just playing games."

Interesting quote. There are plenty of A licensed coaches in this state that have 3 high quality practices for their premier teams. What more is the Bridge offering their players? As to meaningless games.... I think that these games are extremely important to player development and also keeping the interest of the players. These meaningless games include league game and tournaments. I am just curious as to what the coaches at Bridge will be offering over and above what is available in the rest of the State ie DSC, CESA,CUFC et al.

My general impression of the Bridge decision to join is that they were looking for a way to separate themselves from the rest and attract players that they have so far been unable to attract. Not a bad plan if it works, but they should probably concentrate on being the best in the state before they branch out. Just an opinion

Giggs #90373 10/16/07 02:53 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Giggs,

What does being the best in the state have to do with the Bridge offering a program that they believe would be the best thing for the kids in its program? If other kids from other clubs think its a worthwhile program they would join.
Some clubs decided to take the wait and see approach whilst other clubs saw this program as the future of elite soccer in the country.

The premier league is a very competitive league, and have good coaches also.

I made my statement by assessing the framework of the academy league to the other top leagues in the world. The academy mirrors those leagues that have produced great results for the young talents in the program. Looking at the frame work and the backing behind the academy league leads me to conclude it would be a success in the future.

If the Bridge consider itself to be an elite club I think they have made a good decision to join this league. Looking at the Bridge Website they have a lot of players selected for the SC ODP team and have players that were held over for the region team in the past and; they also have had two players on the national team pole. The club is taking care of its players.

G
throw in
throw in
G
My prior remarks were not meant to demean the BFC, only to ask what they were getting in return for the extra expense re: training. I think it is great if it benefits the club. Only the club,parents,and players can assess the value. I guess I was asking what you are getting in return. Is the training any better than you were receiving before?

Giggs #90375 10/19/07 09:17 PM
O
kick off
kick off
O
It was my understanding that BFA was going to use monies from their tournaments to help with costs for the two teams participating in the Academy. I just went on the web page and noticed they have canceled their Thanksgiving Tournament. What a shame. I guess Paradox won't be happy now. I sure hope they have found a sponsor to help with $$$$.

P
kick off
kick off
P
The Academy is new. No one can say exactly what is going to happen in the future with this league. A lot of people have predictions. In the past there have been many “firsts”, some firsts produced outstanding benefits, other firsts ended there. Change is going to happen in everything in life. Either you make changes or changes make you. I had my doubts concerning the Academy program and I thought going to California was crazy.
I’m not on any board, not a coach, not in any “inner circle”, in fact my few suggestions are (I guess heard), but not implemented. My thoughts are based on my family’s view, not from the club view, as selfish as that sounds. The club made the decision to be apart of the Academy, not a sole asked me what I thought.
It’s my belief that California was a one time trip, I think sponsor (s) provided the air fare only. It was “all that” and next year if we are allowed to go again, my family will go with or without a sponsor. The rest of the schedule seems manageable to me.
The Academy league will continue. I think new clubs will be added and maybe some clubs will be dropped (my opinion), again I don’t know what happens behind the scenes. I have been told my other club members that are involved in the decision making that there is a wait and see attitude concerning the Academy. That position is very understandable.
The Academy is different – some major, some minor ways. The opportunity to play teams that you would not otherwise get to play because they were not in the same league. Weekly reports from U.S. Soccer out of Chicago that gives a rundown of every game played. Also, I must say very well written. The National Anthem is played before every game; something that I thought should have been done in other leagues. Sometimes, simple things mean a lot.
Time is our best friend or can be our worse emety. Only time will tell us what happens with the Academy. For me and mine, we are enjoying what the Academy is offering. I believe that down the road – if you want to play the most competitive soccer – it will be in the Academy.
The most important thing for us all to keep in mind is that for our youth and for the beautiful game - just play somewhere – GAME ON !!!!!!!

Paradox #90377 10/20/07 10:51 PM
world cup
world cup
Does the academy play by international FIFA rules? Limit three substitutions, no re-entry?

If the purpose is to give these kids a similar experience to what other international professional clubs provide, perhaps they should consider this.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #90378 10/21/07 12:15 AM
kick off
kick off
From USSDA Regulations

A. Laws of the Game
1. General: Unless otherwise provided in these Regulations, all Academy Games shall be
played in accordance with the Laws of the Game in force at the time of the competition and as laid down
by the International Football Association Board. In the case of any discrepancy in the interpretation of the
Laws of the Game, the English version shall be authoritative.
2. Game Length: All Academy Games will be two 45 minute halves.
3. Substitutions: All Academy Games will have a maximum of seven (7)
substitutions per game with no re-entry.
B. Disciplinary Matters: Disciplinary incidents are dealt

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard