Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
HappyDaddy #90409 12/13/07 10:56 PM
S
coach
coach
S
>>Why should a club contact a player and try to get him/her to change teams? Is that beneficial to the overall health of the clubs in SC? I don't think it is.<<

Okay...the argument is no longer one of harm to youth soccer in the state but instead is that active recruiting isn't beneficial. I guess I'd agree; I see it as neither a positive or negative but simply a zero-sum game between various teams and clubs at the overall youth soccer level. At the individual level, it seems to me that the player contacted has two choices: say "go away" or say "sure!" The player contacting saying "go away" doesn't change anything; the player contacted that says "sure!" is doing something of her or his free will that she or he wants to do. Who is being harmed?

>>More specifically, why did Bridge join the Academy if it didn't intend to fill its teams with Bridge players? There are more than enough 91/92's playing at Bridge to fill the U-16 roster. Why is it necessary (or appropriate) to broadcast a call for players? Was the purpose of joining the Academy to field the strongest possible team wearing the Bridge colors, regardless of where the players come from, or was it to give Bridge players the benefit of what the Academy program is supposed to offer?<<

What about this: Bridge wants to field the strongest possible team wearing Bridge colors so that Bridge can help its best soccer players get better by playing with the best.

What I wonder about in both of these topics is why you feel that Bridge offering players the chance to play more youth soccer or another club contacting a player they'd like to play on their team hurts that player? If it's not the player who will play and/or be contacted that you're worried about, who precisely do you see being hurt?

HappyDaddy #90410 12/15/07 02:59 AM
goal kick
goal kick
What's the big deal? If a club is looking for players, I think its good to know. If you're happy where you are, you will stay put. I want as much information about playing opportunities as I can get.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard