Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
world cup
world cup
Well stated Happy Daddy.

Looks like we have three dominant programs in the state right now, one in each district. There is also a few more good clubs out there able to field a competitive team every now and then, or, at least, provide a steady pipeline to The Big 3.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
As "Loc Dog" noted, it's hard to disagree with the point previously made that there may well have been a different response on the message board given different results. However, let's ignore the emotional underpinnings of that debate...

The reason I look for statistical differences in things, from companies in which I advise or invest to selecting mutual funds to school achievement scores to grocery shopping and beyond, is for two reasons:
  • As someone who owns and/or helps businesses, I believe that benchmarking and evaluation of "best in class" businesses, as measured as objectively and rationally as possible, leads to better businesses.
  • As a consumer, I believe that statistical differentiation, particularly against expectation and particularly over time, can potentially give me a higher value in terms of what I'm spending.

Taken together, these tend to me to form a large part of the "invisible hand" of which Mr. Smith was so fond.

[Postscript: I made a promise to some folks that regardless of outcome, I would perform the same analysis this year that I have since before CESA was formed. I've lived up to that promise; now I will fade away to my previous state of posting little or not at all... ]

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I have noticed very little talk among posters this season about pretty much anything..Maybe we just don't care anymore or all the former poster's children has moved past club soccer..but to say that there would be alot of talk on the message board if CESA would not have performed as well is purely an assumption on everyone's part or maybe it's a way to get the board up and talking..With all that CESA provides it's players I would be surprised if they did not dominate state cup year in and year out..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 12/10/07 09:36 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
I agree the chatter would be different if the results were different. However, this may be just a result of the number of posters from the respective clubs as opposed to any message board bias. My disappointment is better shared through other avenues as big brother is always watching.

The"Evil Empire" is to be congratulated for their dominance of the state cup. But is does appear that the force is working in mysterious ways.

coach
coach
The Evil Red Empire from the North will always prevail with the incredible leadership within that organization. The only way to bring the Empire down is to cut off the heads of the 'Red Leaders', (so to speak), so they will not be able to provide the exceptional training they are known for. And in a year or two we won't have to put up with all of Chico's stats and pecan-pie charts that he uses in the Club Soccer thread. But, alas, I am sure he will switch over to posting similar stats and exceptionally exceptional analyses in the college thread. CESA will one day have a bad year, maybe like in 2025......... so like the Yankees, and the Dam Irish, and any California sports teams, and Clemson and Georgia bulldogs, and any Florida sports teams, and any Texas sports teams, and the Yankees, and the Tarheels and Duke basketball.............we need to hate on 'em while the hating's good.

Last edited by 2004striker; 12/11/07 12:22 AM.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
seriously?

B
kick off
kick off
B
Hurst,
Pipelines run both ways sometimes. Aren't there 6-7 players from outside of Rock Hill on the Discoveries team. I believe that one of these "pipelines" scored the lone goal in the DSC-CESA match.

atl
throw in
throw in

I would say that the dominance CESA has on the girls side will end soon. With the CESA U18G premier team graduating, all other teams in the state have their chance. The dominance of the U18G team was due to a number of girls coming from outside the Greenville area. When that stops the dominance will be over.

Look at the state cup finals this year, CESA U15G & U16G go down. Cesa U17 win but were beaten last year in finals. How may outside players are on those teams vs. the U18G team. When the elite players in the state and out of the state stop traveling to Greenville the Empire will fall.

I believe that the CESA U18G premier team had at least 7 players that traveled 2 hours or more to play. That is a good move when you win 4 straight State Cups and go to 4 straight Regionals and are seen by every coach in the country at Disney & Regionals. I would suspect that every player on the CESA U18 premier team has been offered to play at the college level. Why? Look at their achievements and the ability to be seen by college coaches. Coaches don't offer who they don't see!

Are players being seen where they play? Is your club going to tournaments that are attended well by College coaches. I can tell you that CESA has stopped going to WAGS & CASL Shootout. Are Bridge and CUFC going to these tourneys? If so, players will stop at your door to play first before by-passing you to play in Greenville.

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
world cup
world cup
B-Rabbit,

An example of "pipelines running both ways" would be a club team (other than the Big 3) receiving players who have burned out, been cut, or have become dissatisfied with one of the three superpowers.

I consider the DSC team to be an example of one of the state's smaller (or less-successful) clubs producing an absolutely dynamite team. No doubt that Enzo & Company have had tremendous success, not only against SC's Big 3, but also at the regional level.

Hats off to Dom Wren and those DSC boys on another great season.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
kick off
kick off
B
That's not exactly the case with the DSC team. Several of those players come from out side your so called big 3.If you have a good coach and a good team you can pull players. Of course there is the flip side to that. Don't offer a competetive team and quality coahing and players leave.

atl
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard