Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
world cup
world cup
This DSC team is the exception, not the norm.

Many good players from Rock Hill & York County get their foundation from DSC or Tega Cay (CSSC) and then move to more competitive club teams in Charlotte or Greenville.

After a few years away, some of them come back to the York County clubs for a variety of reasons.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal
goal
S
Grim Keeper

CESA girls placed all four teams in the finals, winning two and losing two in PK's. Looking at Hyslop's U-14's and the rest of the CESA teams, the future looks quite good in Greenville.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Best Games Anyone?

With the many games going to PKs, there was plenty of drama.

I did not get to see any of the girls games...

world cup
world cup
sweet,

I agree. CESA Premier U-14G are a nice team.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Did the U-16G final go to the 12th penalty kick?

Did CESA Premier fight back from an 0-2 defecit to draw even with CUFC Elite?

Sounds like a candidate for Best Game to me.

Last edited by Hurst66; 12/11/07 03:56 PM.

throw in
throw in

Sweet feet:

I did not say that CESA would not be good, I said that they would not be dominant as in the past. For example, 2004 & 2005 CESA girls won all 4 challenge state cups. 2006 CESA won 3 of 4 challenge state cups. 2007 CESA won 2 0f 4 challenge state cups. See the trend.

How many players on Hyslop's U14 team are from out of the area? How many will stay for four more years if they don't go to WAGS & CASL Shootout? CUFC seems to be going to the best tourney's. Disney will be part of CUFC's tourney list after winning state cup.

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
H
brace
brace
H
Grim Keeper you are wrong if you think people traveling to cesa do it based on how many state championships cesa wins.i think it is more based on if a team is playing in the region III league and the coaching they get.if i am looking at this right then cesa has teams at every age in region play.i also see that there are only three cufc teams in region play.two of those will be the rising u-17 and u-18 girls which will age out over the next two years.if i understand the meaning of your post then you are saying that the older girls will be leaving and nothing will be coming to cesa.with hyslops u-14 team that most likely will have a region spot later and with all other ages having a region spot i think players will continue to come to cesa.if people that are looking for a club will look close they will see that with what cesa has to offer it will be the best choice.i assume your are a cufc parent and there are some good teams there.BUT other than the rising u-17 and u-18 girls,what do you have to offer kids to make them want to travel to columbia.i saw some kids and parents on the cufc 15 girls team that was upset that they not only lost in the final 4 but im sure a little upset that they will not have a region spot.i wonder if any of those younger girls will be leaving to play in the region III league.you do not need to worry about the outside pipeline.you need to worry about the pipline within your club.

Last edited by happyfeet; 12/11/07 05:44 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...it's pretty clear that there are two dominant clubs in the state....

I think Bridge still has to be considered among the top clubs in the state. The fact that no boys' U16-U18 Bridge teams are in the final 4 was to be expected considering their membership in the USSF Academy. But if by "in the state" you mean "in SCYSA", I would agree with you.

Respectfully, I think that CUFC as a club can this year claim clear dominance over Bridge and has established itself as clearly superior (note: last year I argued against this based on last year's results) CUFC put 8 teams into the final 4. CUFC also had important championships in non-challenge level soccer. I believe that CUFC is the only club other than CESA currently offering the widest range of competitive soccer to all age groups.

I'm by no means a "Bridge-hater" -- I've championed the club for years. But it's clear when looking at final 4 numbers (which are much more statistically significant than finalists or championship numbers) that CUFC deserved a clear #2 (and not a disputed #2) ranking in SC.

I have no disagreement with this at all in the context of SCYSA/USYSA. I was just indicating that to assess the strength of Bridge as a whole, you would need to include their USSF Academy participation which has understandably reduced their SCYSA results.

S
goal
goal
S
happyfeet

State Cup Finals = Premier league.

S
goal
goal
S
Grim

From a clubs standpoint it all starts with State championships. Championships afford a club options that they wouldn't otherwise have. At least CESA has options to attend tournaments like Disney,WAGS and CASL. I'll take weather in Orlando over the DC area and I'll take the fields at Disney over the cow pastures at CASL.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard