Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
world cup
world cup
Clover will be even better this year than they were last year. Definitely a top 15 team in 2008.

Spring Valley is always hanging around the Top 10 with a .500 record and a very strong schedule. This year I think Spring Valley steps up and improves both their record and their final ranking.

But this year's "darling" will be Dutch Fork. They are certainly back after getting the death penalty and their roster is stacked. They will be mentioned in the same breath this season with the heavyweights. They are my pick to start strong and win the Viking Cup.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Ahhhhhhhh, DF did look good last year! I've heard SV is going to take it's top 10 status and move it to top 5 from a very reliable, but ugly, source. Yes, that's right, I called you ugly. Anyway, i'd like to see Drew and that West Ashley bunch go on another tear. There a sentimental favorite thanks in part to lapf.

corner kick
corner kick
I see Byrnes as the sleeper for 2008. They have a strong core returning with a good coach. I heard they may have picked up another premier league player this year. Mauldin only lost 2 seniors from last years team and they should give Dorman a run for the region title. Dorman will be strong with several senior players to lead the team. Once again the Region II 4A will be tough.

Who will the Viking Cup curse claim this year?

world cup
world cup
Region II will be the strongest region in the state this season.

......and where is the daughter of the new Wofford men's coach going to attend school this spring? Very good player could be dropping into some Region II school's lap.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
We've only hit the AAAA schools. Anybody with some AAA tidbits?

corner kick
corner kick
Well the topic is Top AAAA Programs......

Riverside will be without their 4 year starter at keeper and the number two scorer from last year. Eastside had alot of seniors on last years team but will still be in the hunt. Greenville is coming on but maybe a couple of years before the can challenge for the upperstate. JL Mann has a new high school this year and I am sure rezoning will bring them some new players. I still believe Eastside and Riverside are two best teams in the upperstate.

corner kick
corner kick

Did any of the top female players in the state enter college early?

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Dutch Fork didn't lose many seniors and keep a large core of last years starters. They've got some talent moving up to varsity who should be able to complement and support the upperclass. I predict they'll be in the thick of it all.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
FOS, all discussions are welcome and yours is certainly welcome!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Hurst,

clover will certainly contend with FM for the regional championship, BUT do they have enough depth (or the ability to develop some) to do much in the playoffs? You can't win a state title with 11. Do they have anybody else? And can their coach develop any of her subs into servicable role players to give the starters a break??? But, Clover can definately beat any team in the state not in the top 10.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard