Quote:

CESA didn't drive out Foothills Premier or CFC or the other clubs in the upstate just as CUFC didn't drive out LCSC or CRSA. What these clubs did was offer an increase in choice in that more kids in more age groups and genders were able to play highly competitive soccer -- if they chose to.

My understanding BFA was for the challenge level player. A unified place where players from all the area clubs could go for more competitive and committed soccer.

To my knowledge no one is asking for a monopoly of all soccer or eliminate the area clubs. I believe BFA agreed not to field teams below the challenge level so as to not compete with the area clubs.
It is my understanding the local clubs feel they "own" these challenge level players because they trained them and do not want to let them go.

Soccer is changing for the better in SC. Let's get with the times, lowcountry. The challenge level player IS leaving the local clubs. BFA offers the best opportunity in our area at this time. IF the local clubs want to squeeze them out, we'll drive to Columbia or Greenville. It will be worth it.

There are definately enough options for the players that do not want to compete at the challenge level and more than enough players to support the local clubs.

Value for us...more committed players, more competitive soccer, better coaching, the opportunities to travel to higher level tournaments. For our family, those things are the fun of it!