cates is def not the best player in the state. accolades mean nothing. watch him play. all american status is so political its ridiculous. a 'best in the state' player to me, is a player who makes me go 'wow' in awe at their abilities. not necessarily ball skills, but overall abilites. like an enzo. thats 'wow' status. the forward from greenville, thats 'wow' status. secondly, his attitude sucks on the field. who berates their team mates when ur up by 12? honestly people. i personally witnessed cates, on a 4-1 counterattack, with his team down, attempt to CHIP the remaining defender, to get the ball to his team mate. and he failed miserably. an all american either beats the player, or passes it off in a give and go. i give you the fast, strong attribute. but hes nowhere near enzo. i mean NOWHERE near enzo.

and no im not a danny cates hater by the way. i just think its disgusting the hype he gets. get me results first, then ill crown the guy. not this 'well down in disney, nobody could score on him' garbage. um folks, last time i checked soccer is a team game. without his other defenders, he'd be nothing. he wasnt even the best defender on his club team. daniel lynch is far superior in a defensive role. and dont play the 'every game, he got either a goal or an assist' card either. if we want to think like little kids, then lets also say that kyle paradise from white knoll last year, was one of the states best player. he also had a goal or an assist almost every game.

thats what i thought.