Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
goal
goal
I put a dirty 5 dollar bill on Danny Cates as the best player in the state. Can play any position, fast, strong,etc. He's been playing like he's already at the next level for the past 3 years.

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
C
kick off
kick off
C
cates is def not the best player in the state. accolades mean nothing. watch him play. all american status is so political its ridiculous. a 'best in the state' player to me, is a player who makes me go 'wow' in awe at their abilities. not necessarily ball skills, but overall abilites. like an enzo. thats 'wow' status. the forward from greenville, thats 'wow' status. secondly, his attitude sucks on the field. who berates their team mates when ur up by 12? honestly people. i personally witnessed cates, on a 4-1 counterattack, with his team down, attempt to CHIP the remaining defender, to get the ball to his team mate. and he failed miserably. an all american either beats the player, or passes it off in a give and go. i give you the fast, strong attribute. but hes nowhere near enzo. i mean NOWHERE near enzo.

and no im not a danny cates hater by the way. i just think its disgusting the hype he gets. get me results first, then ill crown the guy. not this 'well down in disney, nobody could score on him' garbage. um folks, last time i checked soccer is a team game. without his other defenders, he'd be nothing. he wasnt even the best defender on his club team. daniel lynch is far superior in a defensive role. and dont play the 'every game, he got either a goal or an assist' card either. if we want to think like little kids, then lets also say that kyle paradise from white knoll last year, was one of the states best player. he also had a goal or an assist almost every game.

thats what i thought.

goal kick
goal kick
First of all Kyle Paradise is terrible. He's playing down in Junior College and had one goal in about 20 games so yeah lets not even mention him any more. And as for danny why do you need a wow player? Any guy could do things that can make you say wow, I'd rather have a player who gets the job done. And whats wrong with yelling at people. I've played with him and almost everytime he yells its usually advice and its usually the right thing. Plus he is one of the most competitive people I know which is why hes out there "shouting" advice. And who cares if he made one bad pass when they're up 12 to 0. He probably had 8 goals without making a mistake to get it to that lead.

Thats what i Think

goal kick
goal kick
Woah... im pretty sure he said he team was down, not winning by 12... the difference in scenarios makes a big difference

i wanna stay inside
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Danny is a quality player but not the best in the state. I believe he is definately good enough to play at USC but I dont understand why he gets all this national attention. Hes good but not that good but i guess once your in, your in.

One Time!
S
kick off
kick off
S
Dear God never mention Kyle Paradise again.

Last edited by supasta; 02/16/08 12:24 AM.
goal kick
goal kick
Ok so i read it wrong. And even so when has he been on a team that has been down 4-1 please tell me that. And as for Daniel Lynch, quality player but not nearly on danny's level.

And i agree with you on that supasta

goal kick
goal kick
Dutch Fork has lost the bad before. Didn't they lose to NW that bad a couple years ago?

i wanna stay inside
C
kick off
kick off
C
woah17, i didnt say anything about them being down 4-1. i def said '4-1 counterattack.' but i digress. as for everyone else, i also agree about paradise. i didnt mean to compare those players' abilities. god no. i was just trying to make a point that stats arent everything.

and yea dutch fork has lost that bad before. and if things dont improve from what ive heard, im seeing bad things for them when they play irmo. forget that its a usually close contested rivalry game

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
i dont know how u can say that cufc is the most talented out of them lex and cesa in the 89 group. of course they are very good, but their results havent said as much they have never beat lex and since their creation lex and cesa have won the state championships, not cufc. with these facts in line i dont kow how u can say that they are definalty more the most talented team in the 89 group

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard