Quote:

They are getting the skilled knocked out of them.High school soccer is more of a bang game.Club soccer is more of a skill game.D.F. needs to play more hard nosed Football.Give the same play as they get.

I understand the frustration when you're playing a team like Ridge View that is incredibly physical; however, the bottom line for Dutch Fork is beating Wando to get into the state finals. Trying to out-physical Wando is going to get a lot of players taken out of the game for injuries -- because teams don't come much more physical than Wando -- and if you lose a couple of players ***I KNOW*** Wando is going to beat you because they are incredibly deep (remember, 18 returning players.) No one in the state has a better and deeper bench than Wando (in my opinion.)

Instead of trying to out-physical Wando and other opponents, Dutch Fork needs to play to their strengths -- play the ball fast and simply to each other (which they already do very well) and use speed and skill to attack.

Does this mean you don't have to go after 50/50's in a tough manner -- of course not. But I don't think trying to "bang" against bigger and stronger opponents is the way you're going to win. You play to your strengths -- not your opponent's strengths.

Then again, I don't know anything...