Quote:

GS DAD,

That U 12 is very good and Jim is a great guy and coach. However, I do not think they have played the CUFC Elite team 11 a side, (Have they?) and in fairness, they have picked up kids from CUFC and Congaree within the last year or so. This again is good recruiting, something they will need to keepdoing to keep that quality team together and get the numbers for 11 aside. I imagine CESA greenville will be a good connection there. Those kids are very good though. I take nothing from them.

We don't have the players to play 11 a side but will be looking to fill out the roster to do just that in the fall. That same team U-12 11v11 CUFC Elite team was in our league at U-11 but by some "quirk" in scheduling we never met through 2 seasons despite the fact that we each played some of the other teams twice in one season. You can make up your own decision as to why we were never scheduled.
None of the kids on this team have ever played for CUFC. We do have some from Congaree. And all the talk about inferior coaching at CESA-Columbia makes me laugh when I think about Jim who is top notch. Much better than watching your kids play while the coach was sitting in a chair on his cell phone the whole game which is what we got before joining CESA-Columbia.

Last edited by GSDad; 04/15/08 03:27 PM.