Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
P
kick off
kick off
P
I have to ask myself if all this ranting and raving would still be going on if SSC had consulted and/or contracted(whichever turns out to be the case) with CASL or Atlanta Fire. This seems to be about personal grudges with CESA more so than bringing in a professional management team.

Andrew and Pearse are in this for the State of SC and all our kids. They have dreams and aspirations of creating a program that is recruited by all the top colleges. Do we, as a state, have a better chance of sending teams to national championships if we combine our kids from different regions or if we continue to fight amongst each other and select from tiny pools of kids. Yes, tiny. Compare our market with Atlanta, Dallas, SoCal and our entire state is tiny.

In case you havent already figured it out, I am a CESA parent. Based on knowing Tormey and Hyslop, I would envision them trying to maintain strong competition within the state, but also fielding our best SC teams to compete elsewhere in the country.

I think much of the friction comes from the fact that some of our kids are not going to make the 'Premier' state team. Those of us in the upstate face that same reality. Bridge is a solid club and that is the reason for such a great rivalary, and if a single premier team is made, many lowcountry and midlands kids will be on it.

I, too, have asked the question of how we maintain strong competition if we are on the same team. The reality is that there will have to be solid teams in all areas so that we can continue to play amongst ourselves and GROW from those contests.

The only conclusion that I can draw is that Tormey and Hyslop see this as an opportunity to 'franchise'(at the risk of sounding like its a McDonalds) their program into other SC areas to further promote soccer in this state. They are not seeking to 'matriculate' everyone into Greenville teams.

For those of you who like to parse these posts to pull pieces out of context, have a ball.

I
goal
goal
I
Seems to be a lot of concern over CESA getting 'control" over SSC. Was it a hostile take over or did SSC allow or ask for it? I do not understand this issue, it is up to the clubs to decide who they merge with or work with.

It would be different if CESA had tried to muscle them out with a pricing scheme or something along those lines. Read a View from the Rock, by Rocky Harmon. Kids and parents are very moveable when it comes to a club. Offer something better than CESA, they will come.

CESA is good at what they want to be, a large pyramid of kids fighting to reach the top.

Do CESA coaches and more 'challenge' players equal success, no. One high school team has a Greenville CESA coach, with the most challenge players he has ever had, but has a poor record and has given up 3 goals to 1 made. Success does not automatically come.

The story is, find what is best for your kid, children or club, get busy with making them or it better. Most folks just talk anyway, bless those who volunteer, and strive for excellence. CESA does a good job, CUFC does a good job Bridge does a good job. Many smaller clubs do as well. Depends on what you want. High School state champs can be trained almost anywhere, if the coach really trys to train them.

I have watched many, and I mean many matches this season, the biggest difference I have seen is club players, versus none club players, and coaches who can get kids to perform and those who can not. The High school coach I am speaking of had the talent to be successsful, but his model of success did not work with the kids. Given the Rocks view on kids and High School coaches, how tough, hard, bad, did he have to be to run the kids off? HMMM

Good luck to everyone,

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
According to an email I was forwarded (not from the original author), the proposed amendments to the SSC Constitution include changing the name to SSC doing business as Carolina Elite Soccer Association at Charleston. They propose to wear the colors red, black, and white.

They have called a meeting of the general membership to vote on these changes next month.

Sounds like the current community has the ability to make their voices heard if they choose.

H
goal
goal
H
It just gets "mysteriouser" and "mysteriouser." A simple consulting agreement with Tormey and Hyslop necessitates a name change? Can no one explain what is really happening down there?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Fields!!! It's all about the fields

I
goal
goal
I
how so?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Happydaddy,
Do not know for sure..The board in their statement says they seeked out Pearse and Andrew..I would watch the webpage for more details..Forget the fields thing..It would take to long to explain..Too much history there

I
goal
goal
I
It is one of three things driving this. The SSC is really trying to get better and are asking a successful club for help to get better organized. Or for volunteers to get away from work, or for someone to make money. Simple...

Money trails are easy to follow... that will probably be where the truth lies...

B
goal
goal
B
fan,

Most of the dialogue with respect to this issue, as is typical with most dialogue on the message board, is from the competitive, (challenge/premier), players and parents. Not all, but most. There does appear to be an increase in postings from the classic level, but I still think it's dominated by challenge/premier.

I would think that the most vocal people, talking of the rivalry between SSC and CESA, are actually currently members of Bridge. There was a rivalry between SSC and St. Giles, that carried to CESA, but that rivalry shifted with the formation of Bridge. I don't think there really is an overwhelming rivalry between SSC and CESA currently, but I don't know.

That said, the community voice you speak of is limited by the current SSC bylaws. This, if it's the case, being a meeting and vote to change the SSC Constitution or Bylaws, the only people voting will be current SSC members, not former members of SSC who are now members of Bridge. The only way for current Bridge members to have a vote in this is if they have multiple children, 1 or more at SSC and 1 or more at Bridge.

So it doesn't surprise me that the e-mail had to be forwarded to you, because the SSC bylaws require member notification prior to any vote to change the bylaws.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Bear,

I am not a member of SSC.

Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard