I notice that the proposed Constitution changes now have the name change as "Summerville Soccer Club doing business as Carolina Elite Soccer Academy of Summerville." It appears CESA has abandoned turning SSC into CESA-Charleston.

Just my 1.5 cents worth: if CESA will give up on turning SSC colors into CESA colors, they just might get their more substantive proposals (smaller, easier to manage board, sponsors) enacted. There is no question that Andrew Fleming has made a very favorable impression with many SSC parents as the new CESA-installed DOC at SSC. But I just don't think there's is anything Andrew can say or do to convince folks to change the club colors. It may seem trivial, but if CESA would stop to consider the blood, sweat and tears that have been shed in blue and white over the last 27 years , they ought to understand.

Personally, I have no problem with SSC "doing business as" CESA-Summerville. I have no problem with a smaller, more manageable Board. I may have some issues with giving membership priveleges (i.e., votes) to sponsors, but I could be flexible on that issue. I am not flexible on changing the colors and I really don't think too many folks who have worn those colors will be either.

And now back to worshiping or mocking Ronnie Murray (you pick).