Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats kinda strange, how come only the 2 players talkin trash were banned? There was like several players from both sides that were using profanity and talkin trash, that just doesnt make too much sense to me

Brace
Brace
The first 'wave' of inappropriate posting prompted us to put out one final word of warning to all users. These individuals were also contacted. The second post, containing similar verbage under yet another thread, prompted the dismissal. The second set of posts did NOT contain inappropriate subject matter from the original abusers, however.

We hope it makes sense to you now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No not yet, cause "number6" is one of the guys on my team and he says he was never contacted about it, and never got any warning prior to his dismissal.

Brace
Brace
To set the record straight, part of your statement regarding the individual you specified on your team is correct. However, two days prior to the incident to which we are referring, a different thread was created and posts were added in the Boys HS Soccer forum regarding a match Crestwood had recently played. The dialog between some players from both teams began getting out of hand.

I took the liberty to make a statement in a 'locked post' at the top of the Boys High School Soccer forum imploring that all users understand what was meant by acceptable use of the board. The two individuals who were causing that particular thread to go beyond the acceptable limits were not singled out individually in my statement. Both contacted me independant of each other with apologies prior to having been removed from the list of subscribers, and both received personal replies from me. Kyle and I spoke, and since I had communicated with the two at fault and in my message of surprise at their voluntary apologies I had implied '... don't let it happen again ...", we did not remove them at that time. From that point forward I issued our 'public warning'; since that time, no warnings have been issued to any message board abusers before deletion from the list, and none will. The people you referenced posted their immature replies AFTER I made a public message to everyone in the hopes that folks would stop abusing the system. They chose to post in an improper manner AFTER being publicly warned, creating a brand new thread in a manner which appeared to simply CONTINUE THE SPIRIT OF THE ORIGINAL, IMPROPER TOPIC.

When joining the board for the first time, one receives a message which give the guidelines for using the board. One must click 'accept' before being added to the new member queue and subsequent registration. In addition, it is in my opinion common sense to think that a board concerning mostly high school soccer messages by mostly high school aged will in some way be moderated so that the site is usable by ALL AGES OF PEOPLE, and done so in a manner that is tolerant and courteous to everyone who may post.

In addition, each person who posts a thread, or who replies to a thread, has the ability to edit his/her own message. If someone gets upset and replies in haste, that person can correct himself/herself with two or three mouse-clicks.

I encourage the dialog we have facillitated here between players, coaches and fans. The 'trash talk' can be posted in an acceptable manner, and I enjoy reading the comments -- both informed and uninformed -- that ensue. However, living in our society dictates that when we are in public (as this board is) that we follow a few rules ... like trying to use proper grammar, refraining from using inappropriate language or subject matter, and being somewhat tolerant and courteous to the people with whom we are dealing.

I don't correct the improper uses of the English language we often see on boards (in some ways it adds to the flavor and spontaneity, and allows one to draw his/her own conclusions about the level of education shown by each person posting or replying). But we as members of the SCHSSCA at SCSoccer.com will promote nothing less.

I appreciate your candid reply, and hope you feel similarly about mine. I hope you respect the position we are in and understand what we are trying to accomplish. Best wishes to you and your teammates throughout the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you on the subject of grammar. Personally, I find it rather amusing when someone can't spell the easiest word. Sure, they may be better than me at soccer, but I know that I have them beat in education. It's good stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah not only that, but when they think its kewl to spell things wrong on purpose. "Playa" HAHAHAHA [Big Grin]

Link Copied to Clipboard