Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#79968 03/19/07 02:59 PM
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Has anyone had this pompous prick as a referee this year? I've never bashed a referee publically but conversing with several coaches and OTHER REFEREES alike as long with parents who have had the horrible circumstance to cross pathes with this wretched excuse for chemically imbalance individual I have to voice my opinion here. What is his deal? Why is he still refereeing in this state if everytime he does it becomes a near tragic event usually almost ending in violence towards him? One parent who is also an official in his spare time said it best, "He is worried about everything outside the lines and never worried about anything happening inside the lines." I hope you read these boards Dennis because I cannot for the life of me understand why he is still allowed to referee when time and time again reports are filed via phone, email and other proper procedures to act against him. I know for a fact that he refereed during the Airport Girls tournament this weekend and caused yet another scene after causing a really unfortunate scene earlier in W. Columbia. You've got Fred the Beave touching people here and there with his don't talk to me or I'll have you arrested attitude and then you've got freakin Patrick Cunningham throwing out scorekeepers and issuing yellow and red cards because a female coach "hurt his feelings". I mean what is with these people? You wonder sometimes why this only happens in soccer because you sure don't see it in the big-three. Does the SCHSL not give a rip about how soccer officials conduct themselves or is someone simply not doing their job to regulate finks like these from, I use this term loosely, officiate the matches of high school student athletes?

If you have had a run in with the one Patrick Cunningham, who is from California and there they stop the clocks at 5 minutes til the half, make parents stand on a certain sideline, and feed the workings of "not hurting feelings" from Sesame Street to overgrown men with larger than average bucket heads, I invite you to share it here publically in hopes that some official will read this and ban him from refereeing in this state...FOR GOOD.

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
If this is the same guy that did a number of games for the U17 boys lexington team, then I have seen run ins with him from just about every game he referees. I know that the Lexington U17 boys coaching staff actually asked that he not be allowed to referee any more of their games.

If this is the same guy (the MO is exactly the same), then, as I said in an earlier post, he is the worst referee I have ever seen. In addition to what you said, he also tries to keep the game close by making calls (or no calls) when then game is one sided to the point that people actually get injured because of it.

I agree that he should not be refereeing at all. Maybe he could go back to California, where he says he was a HIGHLY respected ref.

J
throw in
throw in
J
The worst referee on God's green earth. Can't even have civilized conversation with him. He is a embarrassment to the sport. When he refs the spotlight is on him instead of the two teams playing. Get rid of this jerk!!!

Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste death but once.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Agreed, this guy should be gone! Shamefull.Cunningham watches and listens in on the fans more than the play in EVERY game that he works.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
...It's all fun and games until a lady hurts your feelings...

corner kick
corner kick
Is the ref that tells the players "you already have 3 goals you don't need anymore"? This ref also gave the whole team a yellow card for laughing at his response during a game. If so I have seen him in action and he needs to change or pick another sport.

Last edited by fan_of_sports; 03/19/07 07:49 PM.
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Post deleted by shut^&play

Last edited by shut^&play; 03/19/07 09:19 PM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

...It's all fun and games until a lady hurts your feelings...

I'm not really sure if that makes much sense let alone has any relevance here. If you want to bigtime on a message board please try SCGOLF.com for all your latest prep golf. I'm sure you can pick up some tips there from people who are able to make their school's squad. For now, I'm trying to bigtime a terrible referee with my arrogant a** avatar. Your lame input really isn't needed.

...attitude and then you've got freakin Patrick Cunningham throwing out scorekeepers and issuing yellow and red cards because a female coach "hurt his feelings".

I don't think he was trying to be dissrespectful to you...he was merely making a reference to the above statement about a female coach "hurting this ref's feelings."

-Attitude reflects leadership-
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
haha, Thanks! Sorry B.I....it's been a LONG season

Brace
Brace
Eerily sounds like a "clown" in the Lowcountry. Sad to see this in the Midlands as well. Too bad that the High School League won't ban this guy. Sounds like a chemical imbalance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard