Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Have clubs in CPL announced team fees? Are they significantly higher now? Hearing the fees of a club in CPL have shot up and wondering if that is the cause.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Can only speak for our club.

Technically our team fees should have been reduced as we adjusted Club fees (up) by $25 to offset League fees for our Junior Academy.

Meaning starting this year, we include League fees in what parents pay the club for.

So while club fees went up, team fees should go down by the associated $

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Thanks for the clarification. So it was essentially net zero change for CASC junior academy due to change from SCYS Coastal league to CPL?:
Club fee +$25
Team fee -$25
Net change $0

If there were no associated increase in fees due to league change for CASC, I'm curious about the large increase in team fees I heard. Maybe the other cub is already factoring in the costs for the travel weekends for the league?

J
Bench
Bench
J
We aren't in CPL but our club pays right at $1500 per year, to play against clubs that pay $225 per season...in a league that costs $250 or so. :P

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
The only additional CPL fees I see for our club is going to be for teams that are playing in the statewide league(s). So while the regular club fees cover the CPL league fees and tournament fees, it does not cover coach travel/hotels. How much this will be will depend on how many overnight/out of town CPL dates a team might have.

However, this is no different than if the teams played in non-CPL state-wide leagues.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Thank you. It sounds like the associated costs are only different for those club teams that are playing in CPL at the premier or championship levels(statewide levels) and are younger than u12. Prior to CPL, those teams would have played locally in the SCYSA leagues. Is that a decent summary?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Some at U12 may have played in (SCYS) Statewide League last year (my 06 girls did), and those costs probably would be about the same this year for either SCYS or CPL top State Leagues.

I think the biggest difference will be evident at the U11 (2008) grouping for the top teams who want to play beyond their region.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I guess I'm a bit slow. Does that mean teams that are 09 and below in the low country are only playing the 5 or 6 local clubs in the CPL? 1 or 2 of those clubs have 3rd level teams(or more). That would mean some of those divisions only have 3 or 4 teams in it?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
My son is playing in the statewide premier team., but his fees haven’t changed....For good or bad, we don’t pay any seperate team or tournament fees. We a pay a set amount for the year and all tournament fees and coaches fees come out of that.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I have heard that from friends at GPS NASA. That definitely helps parents with cost transpsrency/expectations for the year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard