Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
We were talking about this one the other day at the battery forum. Some people think Greenville is the best city for the team, but I think it could be possible in columbia.

What you guys think?

Club of the century.
throw in
throw in
I would love for them to be in Columbia, it is such a bigger market but they have had a team before and i think it defunct now and they never got much attendance, plus Greenville has prolly a better Soccer market with CESA being so big and such good soccer being played in the upstate

so it could be a toss up, why not just put teams in both cities that would solve the problem!!!

Or put it in Newberry where they could be the Newberry Swine Flu

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
What i was thinking was to have a pdl team in columbia sponsored by usc, that way college players can play in the off season, i think a pdl team is realistic for columbia, i think programs like Irmo have the soccer traditions and fanbase, but the thing is, the interest in making this project happend is not here.

For Greenville it will be better to have a usl 2 team and they could be the feeders for the Battery.

Greenville has a HUGE hispanic community from what I heard and that is good bc we breath futbol.

That being said, I wonder what happened to the team that used to be in columbia, why they didnt succed?

anybody has any info about the subject?

Club of the century.
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Columbia and Grennville both have had teams. Greenville had the Grennville Lions (Shamrocks before that) which dropped down to a PDL team. Attendance was poor and the teams just can not make it financially. Its nearly impossible to put business and soccer together in this State. I would love to see it but doubt will have much more than the Battery for some time....

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
so uall think there is not chance of making any of this happend any time soon?

Club of the century.
throw in
throw in
Too bad CUFC cant develop a PDL team... would be good for all the college guys who come home during the summer and for those guys who are going to college the next year. We have enough talent in the Columbia area to produce a team; we just need someone to put it together.

Link Copied to Clipboard