SC Soccer
S.C. High School League Soccer State Championship Weekend
Memorial Stadium

1000 South Holly Street
Columbia, SC 29205
http://www.schsl.org/2010/stateso.html

State Finals Admission - $8 (NO RE-ENTRY)

Friday, May 20 (Records Updated after Finals)
Girls 2A/1A - 3:00 pm - Academic Magnet (20-3-1) vs. Christ Church (18-4), 3-1
Girls 3A - 5:00 pm - Hilton Head Island (21-4-2) vs. Fort Mill (17-7-3), 4-2
Girls 4A - 7:00 pm - Wando (23-1) vs. Mauldin (22-3-1), 1-0

Saturday, May 21
Boys 1A - 11:30 am - Charleston Charter (11-6-1) vs. Christ Church (20-4)
Boys 2A - 2:00 pm - Bishop England (14-6-1) vs. Gilbert (24-2)
Boys 3A - 4:30 pm - Myrtle Beach (22-1) vs. Eastside (17-9)
Boys 4A - 7:00 pm - Wando (25-4) vs. Irmo (24-0)

The Soccer Finals will be re-broadcast on Time Warner starting May 23 -- http://www.schsl.tv/twc/spring
SCHSSCA Coaches are asked to volunteer their services in the following areas:

***Bringing canteen supplies -- Water (17 oz or less) & Gatorade (20 oz), Candy, etc.
***Canteen Workers
***Parking Detail
***Press Box Personnel

Please reply to this post to let us know what game(s) you will be available to work and in what capacity. Also, contact Coach Katie Smith at ksmith@SJNCatholic.com to confirm, so she can put a workers list together.

All proceeds from the canteen sales will help fund the two all-star games this summer.

Thanks for volunteering!
Update from the SCHSL concerning this weekend's State Championships.

The SCHSSCA are responsible for the following:

***Ticket takers = money donated to SCHSSCA - 1 on each side

***P.A. Announcer (David Easley) - money donated to SCHSSCA

***Need to get 2 large air horns - we will be reimbursed, keep receipts

***Teams must bring their own Gatorade and cups - SCHSL has no coolers, cups, etc. since Gatorade no longer sponsors the organization
Kevin,
I should be able to help out Saturday for canteen or other duty. I will be there before the games start and should be able to stay through the AAA game. Anthony Pelton Mid Carolina Soccer.
I could most likely make Friday's 5:00 and 7:00 games to help.
Kirk Adams - York
kyle@scsoccer.com

Participating State Championship teams should send a numerical roster with player's names, positions, and grades listed. Also include all coaches and soccer staff.

Thanks and congratulations!
As in previous years, I'll be glad to work as ticket taker again for all 3 games on Friday.
Its worth the price of admission just having you welcome the fans as they enter...the Riverside fans will definately miss seeing you this year!!
I will not be able to help this year.
You can "follow" @SCSoccer on Twitter with regular updates of all the State Final matches!
Is there a weather report for Columbia for today? It's overcast and raining lightly in Fort Mill right now.
The canteen is clean and ready to go for anyone working it, Coach Klein checked the sound systems, the field was cut still a little thick but looks great. They were watering last time I walked to check it. The lines should have been painted yesterday if not this morning. Coach Klein is checking everything this morning and making sure things like (i.e. corner flags) and that type of stuff is out and ready to go, or that somebody knows where they are. So everything should be looking good to go for the stadium, I ask that fans respect the stadium and do a good job of looking after themselves and the trash pick up around the stadium.
Thanks, we'll be down to claim the 3A crown tomorrow - I hope! Hurst, ever heard of the Weather Channel? 28, who are you?
@ 5pm...mostly cloudy, 85 degrees, 10% precip all day

Best of luck to the yellow jackets today!
Thanks Worm.

Mostly cloudy? Guess I won't be busting out the Tom Selleck tropical button-down.
Remember to follow match updates via Twitter @SCSoccer - great tool for the State Finals!
Can anyone from Fort Mill explain what their goalkeeper coach was doing last night? He was diving around and pulling his shirt up to beat his stomach towards his gk!
1A Boys State Final, Christ Church 5-1 (HT) Charleston Charter
Quote:

Can anyone from Fort Mill explain what their goalkeeper coach was doing last night? He was diving around and pulling his shirt up to beat his stomach towards his gk!

Motivation!?!?
He may look crazy, but it just might be crazy like a fox! Between the pipe can get stressful maybe he feels it helps the girls if they see him acting out and cutting up, a little.
Quote:

He may look crazy, but it just might be crazy like a fox! Between the pipe can get stressful maybe he feels it helps the girls if they see him acting out and cutting up, a little.

That dog won't hunt! Just made him look like an idiot and 4 goals later Fort Mill a fool. Totally ridiculous!
Ok, whatever, I do not know why he does it was just a guess on my part, you wanna be a hater and stir ... whatever.
Link to Pictures from the Boys Soccer Championship
© SC Soccer