SC Soccer
The 17th annual Palmetto Cup, hosted by Brookland-Cayce High School in Cayce, S.C., will be held April 8-11, 2009 (Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday).

We have 16 teams committed to the Spring Break tournament (2008 Massey Rating) so the 2009 Palmetto Cup is closed:

Alabama (1)
Bob Jones (Madison), 6A #4, 15-5

Oklahoma (1)
Norman North, 6A

South Carolina (11)
#1 Spring Valley, 4A #2, 25-1
#3 Riverside, 3A #1, 22-3
#5 Eastside, 3A #3, 22-4-1
#7 Wando, 4A #4, 20-3
#8 Lexington, 4A #5, 15-9
#18 Brookland-Cayce, 3A #4, 19-6-1
#23 Christ Church, 1A #1, 15-6
#25 North Myrtle Beach, 3A #10, 18-6-1
#30 Southside Christian, 1A #3, 19-4-1
#51 Walhalla, 2A #4, 18-5
#91 Sumter, 4A, 8-12

Tennessee (3)
#3 Farragut (Knoxville), 3A #9, 19-2-2
#8 Knoxville West, 3A #3, 17-5
#16 Dobyns-Bennett (Kingsport), 15-2-3

For more information concerning the "premier in-season high school boys tournament in the Southeast," please visit the 2009 Palmetto Cup.
Reminder. Two spots remaining.
So Dobyns-Bennett has commited to this years Palmetto Cup?
Yes, D-B is committed for 2009. Reminder that two spots remain available.
Norman North of Oklahoma committed to the Palmetto Cup tonight after confirmation from their school district.
Southside Christian of Simpsonville (19-4-1, #3 Class 1A) has committed to the Palmetto Cup.

This is the final entry of the 16-team tournament.
See below.
Fort Dorchester has had to withdraw from the tournament, thus leaving one available spot. If any teams are searching for a tournament during Spring Break, April 8-11, 2009 please contact Kevin Heise at kevin@scsoccer.com.
Christ Church, the eight-time defending Class 1A State Champion, has fulfilled the vacant spot for the 2009 Palmetto Cup.

Brackets will be reconfigured to accommodate other requests regarding travel, etc. Stay tuned!
Group A
Christ Church
Eastside
Norman North (OK)
Wando

Group B
Bob Jones (AL)
Brookland-Cayce
Farragut (TN)
Walhalla

Group C
Dobyns-Bennett (TN)
North Myrtle Beach
Southside Christian
Spring Valley

Group D
Knox West (TN)
Lexington
Riverside
Sumter
The 2009 Palmetto Cup schedule has been revised as of 10/20/08. The schedule is as follows -- 2009 PALMETTO CUP.
Good to see Farragut is going back. Interesting to see Knoxville West is in it. They beat Farragut in OT in the playoffs last year. They are from the same city and some say they have a rivalry going, especially since Knox West has really started competing. It is good around here to have a third good/great soccer team from a public school every year, normally it is Farragut and Bearden. I hope they can stay competitive. They are in a slighlty easier district than Farragut for the regular season, so they generally meet in the playoffs and I think last year was the first time in awhile if ever that Knox West has beat them. I guess we will see if last year was a fluke.
Dobyns-Bennett High School of Tennessee has informed us that they will not be able to participate in the 2009 Palmetto Cup, April 8-11 in Cayce/West Columbia, SC.

If your team is interested in competing in the tournament and can commit to the following schedule/dates/times, then please contact Coach Kevin Heise at kevin@scsoccer.com at your earliest convenience.

Group C - North Myrtle Beach, Southside Christian, Spring Valley

Wednesday, April 8 vs. Southside Christian, 4 pm @ Northside MS

Thursday, April 9 vs. North Myrtle Beach, 2 pm @ Brookland-Cayce HS

Friday, April 10 vs. Spring Valley, 2 pm @ Brookland-Cayce HS

Saturday, April 11 vs. TBA
Bumping this up!
Still need one team!
Thanks to Coach Dick Hiller and the Chapin Eagles for filling the vacant spot in the Palmetto Cup! Chapin will be an excellent addition to the field!
Look for the Palmetto Cup digital sign in downtown Columbia on the marquee board off Blossom Street -- coming from Cayce towards USC's Greek Village and Colonial Life Arena.
From a "drive by" this morning on the way into work.

I thought we were going with this guy this year
should be a great tournament....
looking forward to the talent that group c and d have.
i predict one of those groups will produce the winner of the tournament.
good luck to all!
*** 2009 Palmetto Cup Release ***

The 17th Annual Palmetto Cup, hosted by Brookland-Cayce High School, will take place April 8-11, 2009 in Cayce/West Columbia, South Carolina.

Tabbed as "The Southeast's Premier Boys High School Soccer Tournament" by StudentSports.com, the Palmetto Cup annually attracts the top teams from South Carolina as well as regional and national reknowned programs. Joining the host Bearcats will be 11 Palmetto State teams, 10 ranked in their respective classification, and four out of state teams (see below).

Admission is $15 for a Tournament Pass or $5 per match.

The tournament sites will be The Cage on the campus of BCHS and soccer practice fields for Bearcat Soccer at Granby Education Center and Northside Middle School. Spectators are encouraged to bring lawn chairs to the fields at Granby and Northside. Stadium seating is available at The Cage. Concession stands and restroom facilities will be available at all venues.

Parking at The Cage should be along State Street in front of the school where the marquee board is located and behind the stadium's press box in the lot adjacent to the softball field. For Granby, parking should be in front of the school along Dunbar Road. At Northside, parking should be in the school lot prior to reaching the soccer field or in the lot between the soccer field and Howard Park baseball facility.

For more information concerning the Palmetto Cup, please visit:

Brookland-Cayce Bearcat Soccer - http://scsoccer.com/bcsoccer/
2009 Palmetto Cup - http://scsoccer.com/bcsoccer/pc_info.htm
Palmetto Cup History - http://scsoccer.com/bcsoccer/pchistory.htm

Brackets
Group A - Christ Church, Eastside, Norman North-OK, Wando
Group B - Bob Jones-AL, Brookland-Cayce, Farragut-TN, Walhalla
Group C - Chapin, North Myrtle Beach, Southside Christian, Spring Valley
Group D - Knox West-TN, Lexington, Riverside, Sumter

Class 4A
#3 Wando (6-2-1)
#9 Spring Valley (7-2-1)
#10 Lexington (7-4-0)
Sumter (3-3-0)

Class 3A
#4 North Myrtle Beach (9-1-0)
#5 Eastside (7-1-0), #19 NSCAA National Rankings, #5 NSCAA Region 1 Poll
#6 Riverside (5-3-0)
#8 Chapin (4-4-0)
#9 Brookland-Cayce (7-2-2)

Class 2A
#5 Walhalla (5-2-0)

Class 1A
#1 Christ Church (5-3-0)
#3 Southside Christian (8-4-0)

Out of State
6A #7 Bob Jones (Madison, AL), 12-2-1
3A Farragut (Knoxville, TN), 5-0-2, #7 NSCAA Region 1 Poll
3A Knox West (Knoxville, TN), 0-1-2
5A Norman North (Norman, OK), 2-0-0, #15 NSCAA National Rankings, #3 NSCAA Region 4 Poll

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you at a nearby pitch this week!

Kyle Heise, Director
2009 Palmetto Cup
Directions to Brookland-Cayce High School – The Cage

CHARLESTON – Coming from the lower state or Charleston area on I-26. Take I-26 west to exit 115. The exit comes up quickly after the exit for the I-77 expressway. At the end of the ramp, take a right onto Charleston Highway. Follow this road as it curves toward downtown Columbia. It becomes Knox Abbott Drive. Once you pass by Krispy Kreme on the left at the corner of 12th Street and Knox Abbott Drive go to the 2nd traffic light. This is State Street. Take a right and BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

FLORENCE – From Florence and points East: Take I-20 west until reaching the Columbia exit, just past Two Notch Road. Take this exit, S. C. 277, to downtown Columbia. When the expressway ends, you are on Bull Street. Take Bull Street until reaching Elmwood Avenue. Take a right (follow signs to I-126) and as you approach I-126, stay in the left lanes. Exit left onto Huger Street and follow until you reach Blossom Street. Take a right and cross the Congaree River into Cayce. The 2nd light is State Street. BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

GREENVILLE/SPARTANBURG – Coming from the upstate area on I-26: Follow I-26 into downtown Columbia. Stay left until leaving I-26 onto I-126 after exit 108. As you enter the downtown area, get in the right 2 lanes and exit onto Huger Street. Follow Huger Street to Blossom Street and take a right. Cross the Congaree River into Cayce and take a left at the 2nd light. This is State Street. BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

ROCK HILL – From Rock Hill and points North: Take I-77 to SC 277 near Columbia. Follow signs to Columbia and then when the expressway ends, you are on Bull Street. Take Bull Street until reaching Elmwood Avenue. Take a right (follow signs to I-126) and as you approach I-126, stay in the left lanes. Exit left onto Huger Street and follow until you reach Blossom Street. Take a right and cross the Congaree River into Cayce. The 2nd light is State Street, take a left. BCHS is two blocks ahead on your right.

Directions to Northside Middle School - 157 Cougar Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169

• From Brookland-Cayce HS – Turn left from BCHS on State Street and follow until reaching Hwy. 378 (Sunset Blvd.). Take a left at the light and continue 2.5 miles until turning right onto Cougar Drive. The field sits behind the school and in front of the Howard Park Baseball/Softball Complex.

• From I-26 – Take exit 110, Hwy 378. (This is the Lexington County Hospital Exit.)Take 378 east towards West Columbia through 3 traffic lights. (approx 1.8 miles) Take a left at the light beside Palmetto Citizens Bank onto Cougar Drive. The fields are located directly behind Northside Middle School.

DIRECTIONS TO: NORTHSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL
157 COUGAR DRIVE
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169

Take Taylor Street toward West Columbia/Lexington. Take 1St exit after crossing the Congaree River and turn right on Highway #378 (Sunset Boulevard). Go approximately two (2) miles and turn right on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the right at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.) OR Take Gervais Street across the bridge. After crossing the river then turn right on Highway #378. Go approximately two and one half (2.5) miles and turn right on Cougar Drive.

Take Highway #378 toward Columbia. Cross over the bridge at 1-26, go to the 4th stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

Take 1-26 toward Charleston then take the #110 exit. At the stoplight turn left on Highway #378. Go to the 4th stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

From highway #378 take 1-77 toward Charleston/Spartanburg. Get on 1-26 toward Spartanburg then take the #110 exit. At the stoplight turn right on Highway #378(Sunset Blvd.) Go to the 3rd stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

Take 1-26 toward Spartanburg then take the #110 exit. At the stoplight turn right on Highway #378. Go to the 3rd stoplight and turn left on Cougar Drive. (Palmetto Citizen’s Federal Credit Union is on the left at the stoplight where you turn on Cougar Drive.)

Directions to Granby Education Center - 1407 Dunbar Road, Cayce, SC 29033

• From Brookland-Cayce HS – Turn right from BCHS on State Street and follow until reaching Frink Street. Turn right onto Frink Street for a little more than one mile and turn right onto Wilkinson Street. Field sits adjacent to Wilkinson.

• From I-77 - Take the Cayce/West Columbia Exit and follow the 12th Street Extension for two miles until you reach the Frink Street intersection. Take a left on Frink Street and then the next right on to Wilkinson Street. The filed is adjacent to Wilkinson.
Thanks to Teddy Heffner, host of "Talking Sports" - The Team Sportsradio 1400AM radio in Columbia, for having us on the air this morning to promote the Palmetto Cup. Teddy featured prep soccer for about 10 minutes on his morning show at 7:40 a.m.

The Team Sportsradio
Ohhh! SportsRadio Web site make Achmed's eyes bulge.

Not find his virgins here
Quote:

Thanks to Teddy Heffner, host of "Talking Sports" - The Team Sportsradio 1400AM radio in Columbia, for having us on the air this morning to promote the Palmetto Cup. Teddy featured prep soccer for about 10 minutes on his morning show at 7:40 a.m.

Ahhg! I missed it. You need to give us the heads up on things like this.
Very good info even though Teddy is a HUGE bace-ball homer. anyways very good job by coach heise as always.
Well done guys, and thanks Teddy!
Good Luck this week to all teams..by far one of the best tournaments in the state
Updates will begin this afternoon in this thread. It's a beautiful spring day in Cayce-West Columbia, so if you are out of school for Spring Break or can swing a businessman's special, come on down to The Cage, Northside Middle School, or Granby Education Center. Stay tuned!
We selling CDs, DVDS!!!! I got that Mos Def and Camron!!! I got that Camron Come Home with Me with Tupac when he was still alive!!! I got those 2 for 5 Palmetto Cup passes what you need!!!
And its a beautiful day in West Columbia at Northside Middle School, where Riverside and Knox West have gotten under way. We are six minutes in, no shots yet and only one free kick given thus far... the wind is definitely a factor today as the corner flags are flying horizsontally.
GOAL! Knox West 1:0 Riverside

Knox West draw first blood as a shot and corner resulted in a small flurry outside the six yard box. The first shot was blocked by a back but the rebound went right back to A. McWilliams on 14 minutes who fired a shot past Joseph Painter.
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 0:1 Spring Valley

From The Cage, on 11' Spring Valley takes the lead on a N. Myrtle Beach own goal.
Thanks DE still in class, then detention duty then home game vs Heathwood, thanks for keeping us stuck indoors up to date! Awesome.
GOAL! Knox West 2:0 Riverside

An indirect free kick into the Knox West penalty area was not cleared by the Warrior defense, and J. McCoy was there to put it away on 27'. Most of the action is headed in the Knox West direction as they've tallied 6 shots and 4 corners, and have been whistled for offsides three times. Perhaps the wind is playing as vital a role as we thought it might.
Riverside out here gettin the treatment Earlier!!!
Ditto!...thanks Dave

I can only take so much of this Raid-on-Load Implementation in a Silicon Reference Platform meeting
Don't think your coming to the Palmetto Cup and having a cake walk!!! Get your a put on b!!!!
Halftime: Knox West 2:0 Riverside

We've played 40 minutes here at Northside Middle School and the score remains 2:0 to the folks from East Tennessee.

Halftime Stats:

Knox West 2:0 Riverside

Goals: KW - A. McWilliams, J. McCoy;
Shots: KW - 6, R - 1;
Saves: KW (T. Thompson) 1, R (Joseph Painter) 1;
Corners: KW - 4, R - 3;
Offsides: KW - 4, R - 0;
Fouls: KW - 10, R - 11;

The second half is getting underway...
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 1:1 Spring Valley
We've played an hour at Northside Middle School and we're still at 2:0 in favor of Knox West HS. Riverside's Matt Sluga just had a brilliant opportunity from about 18 yards out but the shot went well over the crossbar.
Thanks Dave, keep the updates coming. Since I could not get off from work to coach the game today, this is how I am keeping track.
GOAL! Knox West 3:0 Riverside

A Knox West counter attack following the Sluga effort results in a corner kick on the far side of the pitch. K. Eliazar sends the cross into the box and it is met with the boot of M. Williams who drives it into the corner of the net on 65 minutes.
FT: Knox West 3:0 Riverside

A quick flurry by the Warriors almost results in a goal but was cleared off the line by one of the backs. Just after the clear, the AR waved his flag and spoke with the center official. He then took out the book and showed a straight red card to Riverside captain Jesse Donald. Knox West hold on, though, and take the first match of the day by a score of 3 goals to 0. Knox West nets 10 points, while Riverside are on -2 after the deduction for the straight red.
FT: N. Myrtle Beach 1:1 Spring Valley

The first match at The Cage ends in a draw and 4 points each for the Vikings and Chiefs.
The ball has been rolled out at Northside Middle School for Chapin v. Southside Christian. The winds weren't the factor we thought in the first match but it is still something to take into account when sending it up the pitch...
GOAL! Eastside 0:1 Wando

On seven minutes, Wando take the lead at the Cage 1:0.
One third of the match has passed us by at NMS with the score still 0:0 between Chapin and Southside. Chapin have had a couple scoring opportunities, the best coming from a free kick taken by Evan Stone from about 25 yards. But the shot was low and wide right of Southside's goalkeeper. Chapin's Colden King was then shown a yellow card for a hard foul, and the resulting free kick led to a Southside corner. However Chapin cleared and play has been pretty open since then. Good action, but no goals from NMS at this time.
GOAL! Chapin 1:0 Southside Christian

Foul inside the area and Chapin are awarded a penalty. Joey De Mare takes the short run to the spot and hammers one home to the goalkeeper's right. Play is still open with good action and counters back the other way. Southside have had three shots on goal to Chapin's two.
GOAL! Westside 1:1 Wando

On the half hour, Westside get the equalizer to make it 1:1 at The Cage.
Halftime: Chapin 1:0 Southside Christian
Halftime: Eastside 1:1 Wando
The second forty minutes is underway at both sites. A foul whistled against Chapin's Colden King brings a moment of concern as referee Mark Davino could have likely pulled out a second yellow card. But a stern 'talking to' was the result, and play continues. Southside are up on shots 6 - 2 but down on the invisible scoreboard by a score of 1 to nil.
GOAL! Eastside 2:1 Wando

GOAL! Chapin 2:0 Southside
Chapin's Joey De Mare doubles his goal output of the day after possessing it down the right side of the pitch for some 40 yards and finishing nicely. Shortly after the restart, the Eagles' Ben Bosco goes down and is walked off the pitch with a slight injury. I believe he will be back tomorrow, though. We've played an hour with the score Chapin 2, Southside Christian 0.
GOAL! Eastside 3:1 Wando
GOAL! Chapin 2:1 Southside Christian

Southside Christian are getting numbers up, and the relentless attack produces a fine goal by Hunter Wyer to draw near. Goal on 66 minutes, with Southside having 10 shots to Chapin's three. This match is still undecided with 10 to play.
GOAL! Chapin 3:1 Southside Christian
FT Chapin 3:1 Southside Christian
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 0:1 Walhalla

We're underway at The Cage, and the visitors have struck first. Alex Cruz sent a promising cross to the left of B-C keeper Chris Duzan, who made the initial play. But sloppy Bearcat defense and pressure from Razorback Cody Dunton prevailed as he found the back of the net on 9 minutes.
Halftime: Lexington 1:0 Sumter

From Granby Education Center, Lexington leads Sumter by one goal to nil.
We're approaching a half hour played here at the Cage, and while even on shots at two to two, the visitors from the upstate have the advantage on the scoreboard. Walhalla are taking it right to the host Bearcats. B-C's Taylor Lewis had a promising opportunity on a ball sent forward and controlled into the area. But Walhalla cleared and continue to attack. Thirty played, and 0:1 to Walhalla.
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 1:1 Walhalla
Play in the B-C attacking third results in a beautiful long throw by Brandon Paul. The throw is spot on for a back post header, and possession is momentarily lost when Juan Florez fails to shield the ball to the touch. He tracks back 15 yards and dispossesses Walhalla, sending a beauty across the top of the penalty area. An onrushing Taylor Lewis takes two steps to meet the ball with a first touch left footed rocket down and to the right of Razorback keeper Cody Dunton for the equalizer!
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 2:2 Walhalla

Less than five minutes pass and B-C's Taylor Lewis receives a long throw again from Brandon Paul and tickles the twine. However within a minute Walhalla have equalized on a Geraldo Vivaldo to Cody Dunton goal. Walhalla have 5 shots to the Bearcats' 4.
Halftime: Brookland-Cayce 2:2 Walhalla
2:00 Match: Spring Valley 1-1 N. Myrtle Beach
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: SV 1-0 NMB.
Goals: (SV) Own Goal, (NMB) Alan Gore.
Shots: SV 9-13 NMB.
Saves: (SV) Ben Limbaugh 3, (NMB) Kyle Smith 2
Corner Kicks: SV 0-3 NMB.
Offsides: SV 2-0 NMB.
Fouls: SV 21-14 NMB.
Cautions: (SV) Steven Verdugo, Troy Szadek; (NMB) Taylor Collins, Taylor Denny;
Officials: Marion Shull, Rob Mann, and Steve Darnell
Weather: 62 Degrees; Sunny; Windy.
Records: SV (7-2-2); NMB (9-1-1).

4:00 Match: Eastside 3-1 Wando
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: E 1-1 W.
Goals: (E) Corey White, Bryan Symmes, Thomas Valikonas; (W) Jarrell Smalls.
Assists: (E)Jonathan Woolford (2), White; (W) Brandon Burkholder.
Shots: E 10-5 W.
Saves: (E) James Garilas 2, (W) Dustin Bailey 3
Corner Kicks: E 1-3 W.
Offsides: E 2-1 W.
Fouls: E 11-12 W.
Cautions: (W) Malcolm Glenn
Officials: Marion Shull, Rob Mann, and Steve Darnell
Weather: 62 Degrees; Sunny; Windy.
Records: E (9-1); W (7-3-1).

2:00 Match: Knox West 3-0 Riverside
Northside Middle School @ West Columbia, SC

Halftime: W 2-0 R.
Goals: (W) Andrew McWilliams, Jack McCoy, Michael Williams.
Shots: W 11-7 R.
Saves: (W) Tanner Thompson 2, (R) Joseph Painter 1
Corner Kicks: W 7-4 R.
Offsides: W 5-0 R.
Fouls: W 15-12 R.
Cautions: (R) Matt Sluga, Andrew Kocis, Jesse Donald.
Officials: Barry Lee, Mark Davino, John Mower.
Weather: 58 Degrees; Sunny; Windy.
Records: W (1-1-2); R (5-4).

4:00 Match: Chapin 3-1 Southside Christian
Northside Middle School @ West Columbia, SC

Halftime: C 1-0 S.
Goals: (C) Joey De Mare (3), (S) Hunter Wyer.
Shots: C 4-10 S.
Saves: (C) 4, (S) Shuler Polk 0
Corner Kicks: C 2-1 S.
Offsides: C 0-0 S.
Fouls: C 11-20 S.
Cautions: (C) Colden King, (S) Rico Dolan, Hunter Harrison.
Officials: Barry Lee, Mark Davino, John Mower.
Records: C (5-4); S (8-5).

6:00 Match: Brookland-Cayce 5-4 Walhalla
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: B-C 2-2 W.
Goals: (B-C) Taylor Lewis (5), (W) Giovanni Cuevas (2), Richard Cantero, Chris Tueso.
Shots: B-C 11-11 W.
Saves: (B-C) Chris Duzan 3, (W) Cody Dunton 4
Corner Kicks: B-C 3-0 W.
Offsides: B-C 2-5 W.
Fouls: B-C 7-21 W.
Cautions: (B-C) Rico Jackson, Thomas Harris, Coach Kevin Heise (2) - Technical Ejection.
Officials: Gerald Simpson, Alan Schectman, and Kevin Stanley
Records: B-C (8-2-2); W (5-4).

8:00 Match: Bob Jones (AL) 0-1 Farragut (TN)
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: BJ 0-0 F.
Goals: (F) Waymon McLaughlin.
Shots: BJ 6-13 W.
Saves: (BJ) Ryan Haws 2, (F) 4
Corner Kicks: BJ 1-4 F.
Offsides: BJ 0-2 F.
Fouls: BJ 8-9 F.
Cautions: (BJ) Kevin Mortimer.
Officials: Gerald Simpson, Alan Schectman, and Kevin Stanley
Records: BJ (13-3-1); F (6-0-2).

GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 2:3 Walhalla

The host Bearcats are once again behind the eight ball as poor defense strikes again. Keeper Chris Duzan fails to make the play and allows a second touch to Walhalla's Richard Cantero. Cantero waltzed into the goal and the Razorbacks lead 3 to 2.
Action hot and heavy at The Cage as calls on the pitch raise the ire of B-C head coach Kevin Heise. Two cautions early in the second half result in a technical ejections for the leader of the Bearcat program.
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 3:3 Walhalla

On one of the nicest goals you will see a high schooler make! Taylor Lewis nets a hat trick after carrying it some 25 yards straight towards the 18, maneuvering left and making a nice dummy to the right while double-teamed. A quick touch back to his left creates a small opening as the keeper comes out to attempt a play. Lewis fires another left-footer into side netting and we're even at The Cage.
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 4:3 Walhalla

Lewis makes it four goals on the night with a header following a Greg Stone shot which came back into play off the crossbar. Lewis outjumped the Razorback defense and it is now 4-3 in this defensive struggle at The Cage.
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 5:4 Walhalla

Can't get the posts in fast enough while updating box scores! Walhalla equalized on a Chris Tueso goal and within 5 minutes Taylor Lewis beats the goalkeeper and puts in his fifth goal of the night. We're on 74 minutes but there's no way this one is over...
Walhalla, showing no signs of quitting, have an excellent opportunity develop near the corner of the penalty area. Backy Mestizo turns and fires on goal and B-C's Chris Duzan cuts the angle and makes the save. Corner for B-C now as we type...
FT Lexington 1:0 Sumter
FT Brookland-Cayce 5:4 Walhalla

B-C appear to score another goal but it is called back. However they've done enough to net 8 points in the win over the Razorbacks.
Wow five goals. Thats a big time player
Farragut (TN) and Bob Jones (AL) are underway at The Cage and we've played a half hour, still knotted 0-0. Farragut's Angus MacLellan just hit a rocket from inside the area and hit the 90 to be denied on the woodwork. Farragut have the better of the play and have outshot the Patriots 6 to 2.
Halftime: Norman North (OK) 2:0 Christ Church

From Granby Education Center, Norman North may have driven to the wrong venue but they have made up for it so far at the Granby field.
GOAL! Norman North (OK) 3:0 Christ Church

The visitors from the Sooner state are putting in on the Cavaliers from the Upstate.
Farragut's goalkeeper makes a brilliant save to force a corner off of Patriot Ben Patrick's blast from 20 yards. Good action here in the second half in The Cage.
GOAL! Bob Jones (AL) 0:1 Farragut (TN)

Waymon McLaughlin breaks the tie with the follow-up after a rocket of a shot, nicely saved off the line with a header by a Bob Jones defender. Good action continues between these squads, who have found their legs after a long trip to the Palmetto State.
FT Bob Jones (AL) 0:1 Farragut (TN)

Its final from The Cage: Farragut outclasses Bob Jones in a very entertaining match.
Pics from the Chapin VS Southside Christian game.

www.colaeventpics.com
Pics from Palmetto Cup
Bob Jones vs Farragut

http://PalmettoCup2009.winkflash.com
Pics from Palmetto Cup
BC vs Walhalla

http://www.winkflash.com/photo/public.aspx?u=bc_soccer2009&ic=7194117
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2009

Knox West (TN) 3-0 Riverside
North Myrtle Beach 1-1 Spring Valley
Chapin 3-1 Southside Christian
Eastside 3-1 Wando
Lexington 1-0 Sumter
Norman North (OK) 3-0 Christ Church
Brookland-Cayce 5-4 Walhalla
Farragut (TN) 1-0 Bob Jones (AL)

THURSDAY, APRIL 9

@ Northside Middle School (West Columbia, SC)
1pm - Norman North (1-0) vs. Eastside (1-0)
3pm - Farragut (1-0) vs. Walhalla (0-1)

@ Granby Education Center (Cayce, SC)
5:30pm - Riverside (0-1) vs. Sumter (0-1)

@ Brookland-Cayce High School (Cayce, SC)
12pm - Knox West (1-0) vs. Lexington (1-0)
2pm - North Myrtle Beach (0-0-1) vs. Chapin (1-0)
4pm - Spring Valley (0-0-1) vs. Southside Christian (0-1)
6pm - Bob Jones (0-1) vs. Brookland-Cayce (1-0)
8pm - Wando (0-1) vs. Christ Church (0-1)
Posted By: Dave Easley Thursday at the 17th Annual Palmetto Cup - 04/09/09 04:18 PM
The second day of the 17th Annual Palmetto Cup is now underway at The Cage. Knox West (TN) are battling Lexington, and on 13 minutes we are still goalless. West have outshot the Wildcats 7-0 thus far and have had the better of play.
Posted By: Import Re: Thursday at the 17th Annual Palmetto Cup - 04/09/09 04:27 PM
Wish I was there to watch Know West. From what you have posted appears to be a solid squad.
GOAL! Knox West 1:0 Lexington

On 29 minutes from The Cage, Ben Cooper finds Patrick Maloney who nets the first goal of the day. Knox West have not been scored upon thus far in the event.
Halftime: Knox West 1:0 Lexington
GOAL! Norman North (OK) 1:1 Eastside

Under way at Northside Middle School as well now. Eastside are awarded the first corner of the match and a header by Cory White finds its way over the crossbar. A nice save by the Eagles' keeper James Garilas shortly thereafter and a scary moment as Eastside's sweeper Sebastian Restrepo finds the post as he hustled back in defense. But he stayed on the pitch and recovered. Brandon LittleAxe finds the back of the net on Norman North's second shot on goal. Within three minutes, though, Eastside's Carlos Berrio receives a pass through from Matt Henderson and sends it past Timberwolf goalkeeper Nick Nance to even it at 1:1 on 13 minutes.
FT Knox West 1:0 Lexington
Suggestion for next year:
Webcam for those of us who can't make it to follow the games.
Part of the SCSoccer subscription or separate fee?
GOAL! Norman North (OK) 2:1 Eastside

On thirty-eight minutes, Norman North's Khalil Benaliouhaj gets away from the Eastside back line and pushes it past James Garilas for its second goal in three attempts on goal. Rajat Ghosh sent the pass to the goal scorer for the assist. Halftime now ... the visitors from Oklahoma have the edge 2:1.
We've thought about having that, and having a live commentary link to the championship match. Right now just getting updates from out in the middle of a pitch w/o electricity and no network connection is an accomplishment, though! Thank you, Verizon Mobile Broadband!
No change in score here at Northside Middle School ... all action, though. Eastside have outshot the Timberwolves 15 to 5, but it has been a quality match. Tempers are beginning to flare as the Eagles have not been able to penetrate Nick Nance's goal. Two cautions in ten minutes to Norman North's Will Smith led to his sending-off. Ten to play here at NMS, still 2 - 1 in favor of Norman North.
FT Norman North (OK) 2:1 Eastside

A quality football match ends as it was at the end of the first 40 minutes ... Eastside mustered 15 shots to six for North ... North net 7 points as the technical red will cost them one point and are sitting on 17 in group play. Eastside add one to their tournament total for 10.
Seem like theres a lot of hot heads at the Cup!!!!
Freaky Zeeky...get in the car...you're going to jail...hold up...hot heads?!?...have u seen cam'ron??
I've had enough work for one day....
I'm headed to the Cup!!!!!!!

Northside is on my way.
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 0:1 Chapin

From The Cage: Chapin's Joey De Mare picks up where he left off yesterday with a goal on the hour, off an assist from Scotty Halbick.
Uunn! I aint seen him! Just a bunch of Purple Power Rangers
Walhalla and Farragut are in the 25th minute. The Admirals have been on the attack with 5 shots, four corners, and they were whistled for offsides once, negating an apparent goal. But the Razorbacks have had two very good opportunities -- one drawing a fine save from goalkeeper Steven Matlock. 0:0 on 25' ...
FT N. Myrtle Beach 0:1 Chapin
GOAL! HT: Farragut 1:0 Walhalla

The visitors from outside Knoxville draw first blood here in match two from Northside Middle School. Eight shots to two, and relentless forward play have led to an Andrew Hale goal on 33 minutes. Play is leaning steadily towards Farragut since the initial two shots by the Razorbacks.
To the spot they go ... Farragut are awarded a penalty for a foul in the area. Trevor Grieco chooses to go left, but keeper Cody Dunton chooses his right and makes the save. The rebound is hit over the crossbar by Brandon Karner and the result is a goal kick for the Razorbacks. Still 1:0 ...
We've played an hour, and although Farragut have had fourteen shots, the Razorbacks of Walhalla are not throwing in the towel. Still 1:0 to the Admirals...
Walhalla are mounting a charge and have held possession more the past five minutes than the majority of the match, which has been pretty stoutly controlled by Farragut. Less than five to play from NMS.
FT Farragut (TN) 1:0 Walhalla

Walhalla made two quality last ditch efforts to poke in an equalizer, but the result was a fair one as Farragut dominated play.
Can someone please tell me rules and where they are posted? Not on website...trying to figure out how this tournament is scored if Norman is sitting with 17 points and Eastside with 10....I guess it's not a simple 3 points for a win 4 points for a shutout????
Quote:

Can someone please tell me rules and where they are posted? Not on website...trying to figure out how this tournament is scored if Norman is sitting with 17 points and Eastside with 10....I guess it's not a simple 3 points for a win 4 points for a shutout????

A win nets a team 6 points. A draw nets a team 3 points. Goals count up to 3 points per goal. A shutout is awarded 1 point. A red card via two yellows (technical red) is a -1 deduction, while a straight red is a -2 deduction.

Hope this helps. DE
FT Spring Valley 0:1 Southside Christian
HT: Riverside 1:1 Sumter
AC/DC's Hells Bells rings out on the PA at Brookland-Cayce in The Cage as the matchup between visiting Bob Jones and the host Bearcats gets underway.
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 0:1 Bob Jones (AL)

A collision in the area between B-C goalie Chris Duzan and Patriot's Kevin Newcomb, and Newcomb is down. The injury substitute comes on and within a minute Bob Jones forward Ben Patrick puts it in the back of the net. A half hour has been played at The Cage.
Bob Jones defense stands firm once again as B-C puts its fourth shot on goal ... a second back save as the ball is cleared off the line again denying the Bearcats an equalizer. But B-C have a corner ...
1:00 Match: Norman North (OK) 2-1 Eastside
@Northside Middle School, West Columbia SC

Halftime: NN 2-1 E.
Goals: (NN) Brandon LittleAxe, Khalil Benalioulhaj (E) Carlos Berrio.
Assists: (NN) Rajat Ghosh, (E) Matt Henderson.
Shots: NN 6-15 E.
Saves: (NN) Nick Nance 6, (E) James Garilas 2
Corner Kicks: NN 2-9 E.
Offsides: NN 1-0 E.
Fouls: NN 13-13 E.
Cautions: (NN) Will Smith (2 - Sent off), Kyle Allen; (E) Sean Donohue, Matt Henderson.
Officials: Alan Korrea, Barry Lee, Marion Shull
Weather: 63 Degrees; Sunny; Breezy.
Records: NN (5-0); E (9-2).

3:00 Match: Farragut (TN) 1-0 Walhalla

Halftime: F 1-0 W.
Goals: (F) Andrew Hale.
Shots: F 17-4 W.
Saves: (F) Steven Matlock 2, (W) Cody Dunton 5
Corner Kicks: F 5-0 W.
Offsides: F 3-0 W.
Fouls: F 11-8 W.
Cautions: (F) Trevor Grieco; (W) Hayden Wilson.
Officials: Barry Lee, Alan Korrea, Marion Shull
Records: F (7-0-2); W (5-5).

12:00 Match: Knox West (TN) 1-0 Lexington
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: KW 1-0 L.
Goals: (KW) Patrick Maloney.
Assist: (KW) Ben Cooper
Shots: KW 19-10 L.
Saves: (KW) Tanner Thompson, (L) 5
Corner Kicks: KW 7-1 L.
Offsides: KW 3-0 L.
Fouls: KW 8-13 L.
Cautions: (KW) R. McAlister; (L) J. McCoy.
Officials: Steve Darnell, Rob Mann, Jason Kent
Records: KW (2-1-2); L (8-5).

2:00 Match: N. Myrtle Beach 0-1 Chapin
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: NMB 0-0 Chapin.
Goals: (C) Joey De Mare.
Assist: (C) Scotty Halbick
Shots: NMB 7-3 C.
Saves: (NMB) Kyle Smith 1 (C) Jason Vaeth 4
Corner Kicks: NMB 4-7 C.
Offsides: NMB 1-1 C.
Fouls: NMB 16-7 C.
Cautions: (C) Colden King.
Officials: Rob Mann, Jason Kent, Ben Pritchard
Weather: 65 Degrees; Clear.
Records: NMB (9-2-1); C (6-4).

4:00 Match: Spring Valley 0-2 Southside Christian
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: SV 0-1 SC.
Goals: (SC) C. Huffman, H. Wyer.
Assist: (SC) G. Carpenter, Wyer.
Shots: SV 9-9 SC.
Saves: (SV) 3 (SC) 2
Corner Kicks: SV 3-4 SC.
Offsides: SV 0-0 SC.
Fouls: SV 8-17 SC.
Cautions: (SV) Antoine Parris; (SC) W. Gray, H. Harrison.
Officials: Jeremy Brooks, Kamron Azad, Ben Pritchard
Weather: 68 Degrees; clear, windy.
Records: SV (7-3-2); SC (9-5).

6:00 Match: Brookland-Cayce 1-3 Bob Jones (AL)
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: B-C 0-1 BJ.
Goals: (B-C) Thomas Harris; (BJ) B. Patrick, S. Mehl, M. Tassone.
Assist: (B-C) Taylor Lewis, Greg Stone.
Shots: B-C 13-12 BJ.
Saves: (B-C) Chris Duzan 7 (BJ) A. Brown 5
Corner Kicks: B-C 7-1 BJ.
Offsides: B-C 3-6 BJ.
Fouls: B-C 9-17 BJ.
Cautions: (B-C) Chastin Lockhart; (BJ) Jacob McClellan.
Officials: Dennis Cook, Kamron Azad, Brad Harman.
Records: B-C (8-3-2); BJ (14-3-1).

8:00 Match: Wando 4-3 Christ Church
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: W 2-0 CC.
Goals: (W) Ralph Lundy, Eric Fornell, Brandon Burkholder, McKenna Beam; (CC) Josh Shaw, Kenny Grant, Robert DiBenedetto.
Assist: (W) .
Shots: W 14-11 CC.
Saves: (W) Dustin Bailey 5 (CC) Dirk Pieper 6
Corner Kicks: W 2-2 CC.
Offsides: W 2-1 CC.
Fouls: W 17-8 CC.
Cautions: (CC) Robert Furman.
Officials: Alan Schechtman, Emir H, Brad Harman.
Weather: 63 Degrees; clear, windy.
Records: W (7-3-1); CC (6-5).

5:00 Match: Riverside 3-1 Sumter
@Granby Education Center, Cayce SC
Records: R (6-4); S (4-5)
GOAL! Riverside 2:1 Sumter

Matt Sluga nets one for the Warriors near the hour to take the advantage in this match at Granby Education Center.
FT Riverside 3:1 Sumter
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 0:2 Bob Jones

One call can make a big difference in a match. Brookland-Cayce are awarded a corner. On the resulting kick, a B-C player shoots and hits the back of the net from 25 yards. Offsides was called on the shot. Bob Jones attack and are awarded a corner. The Patriots somehow managed to stay onsides and they finished accordingly. "Oh Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do ..."
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 1:2 Bob Jones

The flag stays down this time as Thomas Harris finishes nicely after receiving a flick on from Taylor Lewis delivered by Greg Stone. Harris steps past Patriot keeper Ryan Haws and delivers a breath of life to the Bearcats.

10 to play...
It looks like another Bob Jones' goal, but the flag goes up and it is called back. Less than seven to go in a thriller in The Cage.
GOAL and FT! Brookland-Cayce 1:3 Bob Jones

Brookland-Cayce have all eleven in their half and have two free kicks on goal, both denied by Patriot defensive prowess. On the second free kick, the resulting clear allows Matthew Tassone to outrun the forward-laden Bearcat backs and pass it into the empty net less than 30 seconds from match's end. Entertaining match down to the wire, and a two goal win for the Patriots -- a win which ends a 17 match unbeaten streak in The Cage for B-C.
Riverside 3
Sumter 1

Goals: Parker Wolfinger, Matt Sluga, Stephen Painter
GOALS! Wando 2:0 Christ Church

Ralph Lundy scores on a sweet free kick and Eric Fornell nets a second for Wando to take a 2-0 lead against the Cavaliers. We've played a half-hour at The Cage in the night cap. Eight shots to three in favor of Wando, but Christ Church are getting their opportunities.
HT: Wando 2:0 Christ Church
Second half underway in The Cage and the referee points to the spot ...
GOAL! Wando 2:1 Christ Church

The penalty is given for a handball in the box. Josh Shaw steps up and drives it to the right of diving Wando goalkeeper Dustin Bailey to make the match more interesting. Less than seven minutes into the second half and it is 1-2.
Southside Christian 2
Spring Valley 0
GOALS! Wando 3:2 Christ Church

Brandon Burkholder puts some breathing room between the Warriors and the Cavaliers as the match is barely an hour old. On 63' at The Cage, it is briefly 3:1. However on the next possession after the restart, Kenny Grant has a beautiful strike for a goal for Christ Church to narrow the gap back to one goal. Just over 64 minutes played, 3:2 Wando.
GOAL! Wando 4:2 Christ Church

That euphoria didn't last long! McKeena Bean follows up a George Carlin shot with twine. Wando are once again two goals up.
GOAL! Wando 4:3 Christ Church

Christ Church are right back in it. Robert DiBennedeto closes the gap once again ... less than five to play in The Cage!
FT Wando 4:3 Christ Church
N. Myrtle Beach VS Chapin pics

www.colaeventpics.com
Pics from Thursdays games
Farragut-Walhalla
Spring Valley-Sothside Christian
Wando-Christ Church
http://palmettocup2009.winkflash.com/

All Brookland-Cayce games can be view at
http://bc_soccer2009.winkflash.com/
(note: this are generally BC centric)
Here are the group standings as of day three:

Group A

Norman North (2-0-0), GF-5, GA-1, GD-(+4), Tech. Red -1, 17 Points;
Eastside (1-1-0), GF-4, GA-3, GD-(+1), 10 Points;
Wando (1-1-0), GF-5, GA-5, GD-(0), 10 Points;
Christ Church (0-2-0), GF-3, GA-7, GD-(-4), 3 Points;

Group B

Farragut (2-0-0), GF-2, GA-0, GD-(+2), 16 Points;
Bob Jones (1-1-0), GF-3, GA-2, GD-(+1), 9 Points;
Brookland-Cayce (1-1-0), GF-6, GA-7, GD-(-1), Tech. Red -1, 9 Points;
Walhalla (0-2-0), GF-4, GA-6, GD-(-2), 3 Points;

Group C

Chapin (2-0-0), GF-4, GA-1, GD-(+3), 17 Points;
Southside Christian (1-1-0), GF-3, GA-3, GD-(0), 10 Points;
N. Myrtle Beach (0-1-1), GF-1, GA-2, GD-(-1), 4 Points;
Spring Valley (0-1-1), GF-1, GA-3, GD(-2), 4 Points;

Group D

Knox West (2-0-0), GF-4, GA-0, GD-(+4), 18 Points;
Lexington (1-1-0), GF-1, GA-1, GD-(0), 8 Points;
Riverside (1-1-0), GF-3, GA-4, GD-(-1), Straight Red -2, 7 Points;
Sumter (0-2-0), GF-1, GA-4,GD-(-3), 1 Point;

In the event of a tie for placement in group play, the tie-breaking procedure is as follows:

(1) Head-to-head competition
(2) Goal differential
(3) Goals against
(4) Goals for
(5) Spot kick shootout
Just wanted to say thanks Dave for all the great updates.. Also I have to admit I am surprised Knox West is doing as well as they are.
Day three action is underway at Northside Middle School in the 17th Annual Palmetto Cup, with Walhalla battling Bob Jones (AL). The clouds are rolling in and the wind is whipping ... 60 degrees in West Columbia.
A quarter of an hour is in the books at NMS, and Walhalla are putting a lot of pressure on Bob Jones. The Razorbacks look comfortable in the back and seem to be a half-step ahead of the Patriots against a fairly brisk wind in the first half. Good action from The Palmetto Cup!
The best scoring opportunity of the match goes by the wayside: Patriot forward Jarrod Cox works his way in, and Walhalla keeper Cody Dunton comes out to force his hand and cuts down the angle just enough that Cox's shot rolls about a foot outside the far post. Subsequent frantic action on the pitch results in a caution being shown to the Patriots' David Robinson. One half hour in the books, still goalless at Northside Middle School.
GOAL! Walhalla 0:1 Bob Jones

A rocket of a shot and diving save forces a Bob Jones corner kick. The save knocks the wind out of Razorback goalkeeper Cody Dunton who requires attention and must come off the pitch. Hermilio Jiminez comes on for Walhalla, but the corner is served well into the box and the ball finds a home in the back of Espino's goal on 33 minutes.
HT: Walhalla 0:1 Bob Jones

Halftime Box Score

Halftime: W 0-1 BJ.
Goals: (BJ) Landon Mueller.
Assists: (BJ) Max Schmitt
Shots: W 1-6 BJ.
Saves: (W) Cody Dunton 1, Hermilio Jiminez 1; (BJ) Ryan Haws 1
Corner Kicks: W 0-3 BJ.
Offsides: W 1-3 BJ.
Fouls: W 4-2 BJ.
Cautions: (BJ) David Robinson.
Officials: Jason Kent, Ben Pritchard, Jeffrey Story
A quarter hour into the second half, good action both ways as the wind doesn't appear to be a detriment to Bob Jones who are firing towards the west end of the NMS field. One shot each thus far this half ...
GOAL! Walhalla 0:2 Bob Jones

On the hour, Matthew Tassone finds an opening and fires it past Hermilio Jiminez to give the Patriots a two goal advantage.
GOAL! Sumter 0:1 Knox West

On 21 minutes at The Cage, Knox West strike first ....
GOALS! Walhalla 2:2 Bob Jones

A corner to the Razorbacks, a timely substitution, and the ball not cleared lead to an opportunity for Christian Romero. He takes a bouncing ball and nails it to bring Walhalla within one. Before this post could be sent online, they strike again on a ball designed to be a cross but it floated on over Patriot goalkeeper Ryan Haws. Less than 10 to play and we're all square at Northside Middle School.
GOALS! Sumter 0:3 Knox West
GOAL! Walhalla 2:3 Bob Jones

Patriot persistance pays off as Jarrod Cox sends a 15 yarder past Jiminiz in the last minute of the match.
FT Walhalla 2:3 Bob Jones
HT Sumter 0:3 Knox West
11:00 Match: Walhalla 2:3 Bob Jones (AL)

Halftime: W 0-1 BJ.
Goals: (W) Christian Romero, Alex Cruz; (BJ) Landon Mueller, Matthew Tassone, Jarrod Cox.
Assists: (W) Richard Cantero, (BJ) Max Schmitt
Shots: W 4-11 BJ.
Saves: (W) Cody Dunton 1, Hermilio Jiminez 2; (BJ) Ryan Haws 2
Corner Kicks: W 0-4 BJ.
Offsides: W 1-4 BJ.
Fouls: W 10-6 BJ.
Cautions: (BJ) David Robinson.
Officials: Jason Kent, Ben Pritchard, Jeffrey Story
Records: W (5-6); BJ (15-3-1).

1:00 Match: N. Myrtle Beach 1:2 Southside Christian

Halftime: NMB 0-0 SC.
Goals: (NMB) Travis Buis, (SC) Craig Huffman, Hunter Wyer.
Assists: (SC) Gordon Carpenter
Shots: NMB 8-10 SC.
Saves: (NMB) Kyle Smith 4, (SC) Shuler Polk 2
Corner Kicks: NMB 2-3 SC.
Offsides: NMB 1-2 SC.
Fouls: NMB 8-10 SC.
Cautions:
Officials: Ben Pritchard, Scott Flicker, Jeffrey Story
Weather: 69 Degrees; Partly cloudy, windy.
Records: NMB (9-3-1); SC (10-5).

3:00 Match: Eastside 4:1 Christ Church

Halftime: EHS 2-0 CC.
Goals: (EHS) Ben Caldwell, Isaac Granados, Brian Rueda, Miguel Teos; (CC) Robert DiBenedetto.
Assists: (EHS) Miguel Teos (3); (CC) Kenny Grant
Shots: EHS 23-4 CC.
Saves: (EHS) James Garilas 0, (CC) Christopher Woody 6
Corner Kicks: EHS 9-3 CC.
Offsides: EHS 2-1 CC.
Fouls: EHS 7-10 CC.
Cautions: (EHS) Sean Donohue, (CC) Kenny Grant
Officials: Joe Balazs, Scott Flicker, Marion Shull
Weather: 70 Degrees; Partly cloudy, windy.
Records: EHS (10-2); CC (6-6).

12:00 Match: Sumter 0:4 Knox West
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: S 0-3 KW.
Goals: (KW) Tanner Thompson (3), Andrew McWilliams
Assists: (KW) Michael Williams, Kenley Eliazar
Shots: S 4-13 KW.
Saves: (S) William Wescott 5, (KW) Kenley Eliazar 1
Corner Kicks: S 2-2 KW.
Offsides: S 0-3 KW.
Fouls: S 16-8 KW.
Cautions:
Officials: John Mower, Marion Shull
Weather: 70 Degrees; Partly cloudy, windy.
Records: S (4-6); KW (3-1-2).

2:00 Match: Chapin 1:1 Spring Valley
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: C 1-1 SV.
Goals: (C) Michael Ragsdale, (SV) Matt Harding
Assists: (SV) Antoine Parris
Shots: C 6-13 SV.
Saves: (C) Jason Vaeth 7, (SV) Ben Limbaugh 5
Corner Kicks: C 5-3 SV.
Offsides: C 0-0 SV.
Fouls: C 8-6 SV.
Cautions:
Officials: Kenneth Ayers, Jeremy Brooks
Weather: 70 Degrees; Partly sunny, windy.
Records: C (6-4-1); SV (7-3-3).

4:00 Match: Wando 2:1 Norman North
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: W 0-0 NN.
Goals: (W) Eric Fornell, Nick Selby; (NN) Trevor Laffoon
Assists: (W) Ralph Lundy
Shots: W 9-13 NN.
Saves: (W) Dustin Bailey, (NN) Nick Nance
Corner Kicks: W 3-0 NN.
Offsides: W 0-1 NN.
Fouls: W 9-8 NN.
Cautions: (W) George Carlin, Connor Dillon, Malcolm Glenn, Lundy (NN) Cole Adkins
Officials: Kenneth Ayers, Jeremy Brooks
Weather: 70 Degrees; Clear, breezy.
Records: W (8-3-1); NN (5-1).

6:00 Match: Brookland-Cayce 0:1 Farragut
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: B-C 0-0 F.
Goals: (F) Waymon McLaughlin
Assists: (F) Nick Muth
Shots: B-C 4-12 F.
Saves: (B-C) Chris Duzan, 7 (F) Shea Beltran, 2
Corner Kicks: B-C 1-0 F.
Offsides: B-C 3-0 F.
Fouls: B-C 17-11 F.
Cautions: (B-C) Chastin Lockhart, Thomas Harris (F) Farragut Bench, Kellen Catani, Carlos Ramos, Muth.
Officials: Jeremy Wills, Alan Correa, Michael Shealy
Weather: 70 Degrees; Clear.
Records: B-C (8-4-2); F (8-0-2).

8:00 Match: Lexington 1:0 Riverside
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: L 0-0 R.
Goals: (L) Ryan Freiberger
Assists: (L) Paul Melton
Shots: L 4-7 R.
Saves: (L) David Pent 2, (R) Joseph Painter 3.
Corner Kicks: L 2-1 R.
Offsides: L 0-1 R.
Fouls: L 7-6 R.
Cautions: (L) Paul Melton, Jay Lloyd (R) Matt Sluga, Parker Wolfinger
Officials: Alan Correa, Jeremy Wills, Michael Shealy
Weather: 65 Degrees; Cloudy.
Records: L (9-5); R (6-5).

GOAL! Sumter 0:4 Knox West

The second half is under way in The Cage, and Knox West show no signs of slowing down.
One half hour played at blustery Northside Middle School. Clouds to the North, clear to the south, and the most consistent easterly wind we've seen thus far during the tournament. Good action, with most of the play in North Myrtle Beach's offensive third. The Sabres' captain, Hunter Harrison, was on the trainer's table after a nasty knocking of heads opened up a fairly deep gash in his forehead. No stitches yet, but a steri-strip and wrapping are applied and a new jersey quickly put on and Harrison comes back onto the pitch. Still 0:0 ...
FT Sumter 0:4 Knox West
HT Southside Christian 0:0 N. Myrtle Beach

Halftime Box Score

Halftime: NMB 0-0 SC.
Shots: NMB 5-2 SC.
Saves: (NMB) Kyle Smith 1, (SC) Schuler Polk 1
Corner Kicks: NMB 2-1 SC.
Offsides: NMB 0-2 SC.
Fouls: NMB 3-5 SC.
Officials: Ben Pritchard, Scott Flicker, Jeffrey Story
Weather: 69 Degrees; Partly cloudy, windy.
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 1:0 Southside Christian

North Myrtle Beach draw first blood on a Travis Buis shot. The ball was 'hanging around' the box and Buis capitalized to put the Chiefs ahead 1 goal to nil.
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 1:1 Southside Christian

On the hour, Southside have upped their attack and are now on level terms as a twenty yard strike by the Sabres' Craig Huffman from the left center atop the penalty area finds its way home.
Less than ten to play and it is wide open at NMS. Southside have had the better of play the last 10 minutes or so, and captain Hunter Harrison just misses on a sharp strike to the left of the post.
GOAL! and FT N. Myrtle Beach 1:2 Southside

What a finish for the Sabres! A build up in the last minute of the match forces a Southside shot, saved by N. Myrtle Beach goalkeeper Kyle Smith. However the ball is not taken cleanly and Hunter Wyre is there for the rebound and finishes it off to gain the victory for Southside Christian.
HT Chapin 1:1 Spring Valley

Chapin currently sit atop Group C with 17 points, and the goal today makes 18 -- which matches Southside Christian's total for the tournament. Regardless of today's result, Chapin will win the group unless they have point deductions.
FT Chapin 1:1 Spring Valley
HT Eastside 2:0 Christ Church

Eastside controlled the run of play the first half, albeit with the wind. They outshot the Cavaliers 10 to 1, and have had 6 corners to 1. Christ Church have some work to do the second half.
GOAL! Eastside 2:1 Christ Church
It wasn't wind aided, by any means. A brilliant through ball from the Cavaliers' Kenny Grant allows Robert DiBenedetto to work his way in. He makes Eastside pay and the match gets more interesting ... we're a quarter hour into the second half.
We've played an hour here at Northside Middle School, and despite being outshot 14 to 3 the Cavaliers are putting up a fight. Still 2-1 in favor of the Eagles of Eastside High School.
GOALS! and FT Eastside 4:1 Christ Church

Fast and furious at the finish, and the Eagles put two past Cavalier keeper Christopher Woody in the final two minutes. Woody kept the Eagles at bay for much of the match, but its tough when you're peppered with 23 shots against you.
These updates are great for those of us at work. I'll be down there tomorrow. Go Eagles!
FT Wando 2:1 Norman North (OK)

One heck of a second half at The Cage. Wando's win puts them in second place in Group A. We'll have a group update here shortly. The 6 o'clock match is getting under way between Farragut and Brookland-Cayce ...
Lots of action around the B-C defensive third thus far. But we've had only two shots on goal to account for ... approaching a quarter hour played.
Is there an 8 o clock game? If so who?
Posted By: Dave Easley Group Standings - Day Three - 04/10/09 10:37 PM
Here are your final group standings in 2009 Palmetto Cup in Cayce/West Columbia SC:

Group A - Final Standings

1st Place: Eastside (2-1-0), GF-8, GA-4, GD-(+4), 19 Points;
2nd Place: Wando (2-1-0), GF-7, GA-6, GD-(+1), 18 Points;
3rd Place: Norman North (2-1-0), GF-6, GA-3, GD-(+3), Tech. Red -1, 18 Points;
4th Place: Christ Church (0-3-0), GF-4, GA-11, GD-(-7), 4 Points;

Group B - Final Standings

1st Place: Farragut (3-0-0), GF-3, GA-0, GD-(+3), Straight Red -2, 22 Points;
2nd Place: Bob Jones (2-1-0), GF-6, GA-4, GD-(+2), 18 Points;
3rd Place: Brookland-Cayce (1-2-0), GF-6, GA-8, GD-(-2), Tech. Red -1, 9 Points;
4th Place: Walhalla (0-3-0), GF-6, GA-9, GD-(-3), 5 Points;

Group C - Final Standings

1st Place: Chapin (2-0-1), GF-5, GA-2, GD-(+3), 21 Points;
2nd Place: Southside Christian (2-1-0), GF-5, GA-4, GD-(+1), 18 Points;
3rd Place: Spring Valley (0-1-2), GF-2, GA-4, GD(-2), 8 Points;
4th Place: N. Myrtle Beach (0-2-1), GF-2, GA-4, GD-(-2), 5 Points;

Group D - Final Standings

1st Place: Knox West (3-0-0), GF-8, GA-0, GD-(+8), 28 Points;
2nd Place: Lexington (2-1-0), GF-2, GA-1, GD-(+1), 16 Points;
3rd Place: Riverside (1-2-0), GF-3, GA-5, GD-(-2), Straight Red -2, 7 Points;
4th Place: Sumter (0-3-0), GF-1, GA-8,GD-(-7), 1 Point;
Quote:

Is there an 8 o clock game? If so who?

Riverside takes on Lexington in the night cap ...
HT: Brookland-Cayce 0:0 Farragut (TN)

Shots: BC 2-6 F
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 3, (F) Shea Beltran 1
Offsides: BC 0-1 F
Fouls: BC 5-8 F
An hour at The Cage and it is still scoreless. B-C has narrowed the shot margin by mustering four to Farragut's six, and the referee's notebook has been pulled out multiple times. 0:0 between B-C and Farragut.
More action from The Cage as a straight red was shown to Farragut's Carlos Ramos. The Admirals are down to ten men for the last quarter hour.
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 0:1 Farragut

A B-C foul outside the area leads to a nice finishing header into the back of Chris Duzan's net by Waymon McLaughlin. The Admirals take a 1-0 lead into the final ten minutes at The Cage.
FT Brookland-Cayce 0:1 Farragut

The Bearcats gave it their all, but Farragut hold on for the win and take first place in Group B. B-C finish third in the group, and will take on Norman North.
Ryan Freiberger almost gives Lexington a one goal advantage, but is denied by the crossbar on a sweet finishing effort. Only moments before Riverside appeared to have scored on a brilliant quick kick over the four-man wall after a foul just outside the area. But the official was walking off ten yards and had not blown the whistle to restart play. Scoreless in The Cage on the quarter hour.
FT Lexington 1:0 Riverside

Just after an hour of play, and lighting was spotted North of The Cage. After consulting weather radar and the National Weather Service forecast, the match was ruled official at 63:36. Lexington's game winner came on a free kick from Paul Melton to Ryan Freiburger, who found the back of the net on 56'.

Group Standings are earlier in the post, as well as today's box scores.
What is the schedule for Saturday?
NOTE! Schedule Change
Due to the condition of the field at Northside Middle School following last night's thunderstorms, the semifinal scheduled at 9:30 there is being moved to The Cage. It will follow the first semifinal. Matches scheduled for NMS will be played at the GRANBY EDUCATION CENTER field!

SATURDAY, APRIL 11 @ GRANBY EDUCATION CENTER (CAYCE, SC)
#13-16, 12:00 pm - North Myrtle Beach (0-2-1) vs. Sumter (0-3-0)
#9-12, 2:00 pm - Spring Valley (0-1-2) vs. Riverside (1-2-0)
#5-8, 4:00 pm - Southside Christian (2-1-0) vs. Lexington (2-1-0)

SATURDAY, APRIL 11 @ THE CAGE (Cayce, SC)
Semifinal 1, 9:20 am - Eastside (2-1-0) vs. Farragut-TN (3-0-0)
Semifinal 2, appx. 11:00 am - Chapin (2-0-1) vs. Knox West-TN (3-0-0)
#13-16, appx. 12:30 pm - Christ Church (0-3-0) vs. Walhalla (0-3-0)
#9-12, appx. 2:30 pm - Norman North-OK (2-1-0) vs. Brookland-Cayce (1-2-0)
#5-8, appx. 4:30 pm - Wando (2-1-0) vs. Bob Jones-AL (2-1-0)
Championship, appx. 6:30 pm - TBA
GOAL! Eastside 1:0 Farragut

A poor goal kick from the Admirals and Eastside's Senior forward Miguel Teos makes them pay on one minute here in the first semifinal.
Good action in The Cage as we approach the half hour. The Eagles have outshot the visitors from Knoxville 5 to 2, and Farragut have been whistled for 10 fouls compared to 4 for Eastside. Miguel Teos is really sparkling out on the pitch today. He and Matt Sluga from Riverside are great signings for Warren Turner's Erskine squad. One to nil is the score.
HT Eastside 1:0 Farragut
GOAL! Eastside 1:1 Farragut

First minute goals in each half here at the 2009 Palmetto Cup, as Farragut's Brandon Klarner finds the back of the net on the first shot of the second half. Forty-two minutes played, we're even at 1-1.
An hour is in the books at The Cage. Farragut have found their legs and evened up the shots total at 5 apiece. Spirited play by both squads and it is still 1:1 in the first semifinal.
GOAL! Eastside 1:0 Farragut

Ten to play ... still 1:1. If Eastside's Sean Donohue could have gotten his shot of just a bit earlier, it may have been 2:1 to the Eagles. But the Eagles persist and Miguel Teos just waltzed through five Farragut defenders in the area and walked it around the goalkeeper, passing it in for a brilliant goal and the advantage! Eastside now lead 2-1.
FT Eastside 2:1 Farragut

A magical goal by Miguel Teos on 70', and the Eagles are in the finals. If anyone has that goal on video, post it on You Tube and let us know! Congratulations to Farragut, who played an outstanding tournament and finish with a 3-1 tournament record.
Today's second semifinal is now underway in The Cage with Chapin and Knox West battling it out for the right to face off against the Eagles of Eastside High School.

A big 'Thank you' to officials Joe Balazs, Kamran Azad, and Steve Darnell who have taken on the match moved to Granby, and to Gerald Simpson and Marion Shull who are staying on for the 'noon' match at The Cage.
GOAL! Chapin 0:1 Knox West

Knox West's Michael Williams scores from midfield to put the Rebels ahead 1-0.
Friday Pictures (so far)
Walhalla vs Bob Jones
Sumter vs Knox West
Southside Christian vs N Myrtle Beach
Chapin vs Spring Valley
Christ Church vs Eastside
Wando vs Norman North

GOALS! Chapin 0:3 Knox West

On 74' now in the second semi-final...

GOALS: N. Myrtle Beach 3:0 Sumter

Hat trick for the Chiefs' Taylor Collins. Two assists thus far for Alan Gore. Nearing the half at Granby Education Center...
Is that Chapin score correct, Dave?
GOALS! N. Myrtle Beach 5:0 Sumter

Taylor Denny hits home almost 7 minutes into the second half, and the penalty is given against the Gamecocks for a foul in the area. Jose Ramos spot kick is true to the right of diving Sumter goalkeeper William Wescott. The Beach are on cruise control -- starting keeper Kyle Smith in as a field player. Five to nil here at Granby
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 6:0 Sumter

Taylor Denny with his second of the match...
GOAL! N. Myrtle Beach 7:0 Sumter

Drew Smith finds the back of the net on a third assist from Alan Gore. Everything is going the Chiefs' way.
FT N. Myrtle Beach 7:0 Sumter
HT Christ Church 1:0 Walhalla
Note: The championship match will get underway as close to 6:30 as possible due to the shifting around of matches related to the unplayable pitch at NMS. Eastside High School take on Knox West in The Cage at that time.
GOALS! Spring Valley 0:2 Riverside

Riverside put away two goals in the first 5 minutes. Spring Valley's Steven Verdugo has been sent off after two successive cautions before getting off the pitch for the first one...
sad to see Farragut lose in the semis. Would have been interesting to see an all TN final. Also, seems Farragut had the tougher road to the finals than Knox West, but glad to see they are doing well.
They have played a half hour here at the Granby grounds -- Spring Valley have found their legs and started to put the ball on the frame. After being scored on twice in two shots, the Vikings have out shot the Warriors 4 to 3.
FT Christ Church 2:0 Walhalla
HT Spring Valley 0:2 Riverside
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 0:1 Norman North (OK)
GOAL! Brookland-Cayce 0:2 Norman North (OK)

Almost a quarter hour played in The Cage and North HS (Norman OK) are taking care of business against the host Bearcats. The two afternoon matches in The Cage will be shortened to 30 minute halves to accomodate travel needs and get the tournament back on schedule.
also don't know if it has been mentioned, but Knox West is playing without their starting Goalkeeper. He was injured in a dog attack a few days ago and couldn't make the trip down there....
PrepXtra Article
PrepXtra is local newspaper's high school coverage section.
GOAL! and FT Spring Valley 0:3 Riverside
HT Brookland-Cayce 0:3 Norman North (OK)
GOAL! Southside Christian 0:1 Lexington

Rhett Park puts the Wildcats up on the Sabres on 8 minutes.
FT Brookland-Cayce 0:3 Norman North (OK)
HT Southside Christian 0:1 Lexington
9:30 Semifinal: Eastside 2:1 Farragut
@The Cage, Cayce SC

Halftime: E 1-0 F.
Goals: (E) Miguel Teos (2), (F) Brandon Klarner
Assists:
Shots: E 9-7 F.
Saves: (E) James Garilas 3, (F) Shea Beltran 2.
Corner Kicks: E 1-2 F.
Offsides: E 4-0 F.
Fouls: E 16-20 F.
Cautions: (F) Sean Donahue, Kendrick Schuettler
Officials: Joe Balazs, Kamran Azad, Steve Darnell
Weather: 65 Degrees; mostly sunny.
Records: F (8-1-2); E (11-2)

11:15 Semifinal: Chapin 0:3 Knox West
@The Cage, Cayce SC

12:00 Match: N. Myrtle Beach 7:0 Sumter

Halftime: NMB 3-0 S.
Goals: (NMB) Taylor Collins (3), Taylor Denny (2), Jose Ramos, Drew Smith
Assists: (NMB) Alan Gore (3), Drew smith
Shots: NMB 25-6 S.
Saves: (NMB) Kyle Smith 1, (S) William Wescott 2.
Corner Kicks: NMB 7-1 S.
Offsides: NMB 5-0 S.
Fouls: NMB 4-6 S.
Cautions:
Officials: Joe Balazs, Kamran Azad, Steve Darnell
Weather: 70 Degrees; mostly sunny.
Records: S (4-7); NMB (10-3-1)

12:00 Match: Christ Church 2:0 Walhalla
@The Cage, Cayce SC

2:00 Match: Spring Valley 0:3 Riverside

Halftime: SV 0-2 R.
Goals: (R) Ryo Ogawa, Eric Daamen, Brandon Lee
Assists: (R) Michael Cash, Ogawa
Shots: SV 14-10 R.
Saves: (SV) Ben Limbaugh 2, (R) Joseph Painter 3.
Corner Kicks: SV 2-5 R.
Offsides: SV 0-1 R.
Fouls: SV 15-8 R.
Cautions: (SV) Steven Verdugo (2 - Technical Red), Johnny Kim
Officials: Barry Lee, Jeremy Brooks, Ben Pritchard
Weather: 75 Degrees; mostly sunny.
Records: R (7-5); SV (7-4-3)

2:00 Match: Brookland-Cayce 0:3 Norman North (OK)
@The Cage, Cayce SC

4:00 Match: Southside Christian 0:2 Lexington

Halftime: SC 0-1 L.
Goals: (L) Rhett Park (2)
Assists:
Shots: SC 5-10 L.
Saves: (SC) Shuler Polk 2, (L) Bradley Moore 4, Michael Lee.
Corner Kicks: SC 4-6 L.
Offsides: SC 0-0 L.
Fouls: SC 1-2 L.
Cautions:
Officials: Jeremy Brooks, Ben Pritchard, Barry Lee
Weather: 75 Degrees; mostly sunny.
Records: L (10-5); SC (10-6)
HT Wando 0:1 Bob Jones (AL)
GOAL! Southside Christian 0:2 Lexington

Rhett Park, with his second goal of the match, makes some breathing room for the Wildcats in the 50th minute at the Granby grounds...
FT Southside Christian 0:2 Lexington
FT Wando 0:1 Bob Jones (AL)
Here at The Cage for the Championship between Knox West (3-0-0) and Eastside (3-1-0) and it is a beautiful evening in the suburb of the Capital City!

After the introduction of both teams via international walk-in the Eagles from Taylors, S.C., start extremely fast as the all blue clad squad get on the board first on a goal by Devan Dorn in the seventh minute. One shot and one goal for the Palmetto State team.

We are now at the quarter hour mark and EHS holds a 3-0 advantage in shots as the all red clad Rebels earn their third corner kick of the young match. So far the player of the four-day tournament has definitely been Eastside's Miguel Teos and his pace and skill has Knox West on the defensive.

15' - Knox West 0-1 Eastside
25' and the first caution of the match occurs when West's Kenley Eliazar hammers Eastside's Sebastian Restrepo. So far the foul total reads Knox West 7 and Eastside 1.

STARTERS

Eastside - J. Garilas, M. Henderson, S. Restrepo, B. Caldwell, C. White, M. Teos, B. Symmes, S. Donohue, J. Woolford, D. Dorn, C. Berrio

Knox West - T. Thompson, J. McCoy, P. Maloney, K. Eliazar, B. Cooper, M. Williams, A. McWilliams, M. Reece, N. Williams, K. Finn, J. Traver

Goalkeeper change for KW as Eliazar on the caution enters the net and Thompson returns to the pitch. And as soon as he gets into the net he is under fire and makes a fine save but the pressure is too much as Dorn rips a rebounded shot into the net for a 2-0 EHS lead.
30' and Eliazar has been questioned several times now and made a couple of good saves, but Eastside again makes the Rebels pay as Dorn nets a half-hour hat-trick to make the scoreline 3-0 in favor of the Eagles. Kai Hubbard merited the assist on Dorn's third goal.
Boy, if things could get any worse for Knox West I don't know what it would be as the Rebels' Tanner Thompson is sent off with a straight red card in the 34th minute. KW will play a man short the remainder of the match. Just three minutes earlier, West's Ben Cooper was cautioned.

Shot total is 12-1 in favor of Eastside. Just to show the quality and depth of this tournament, EHS suffered a loss in group play to nationally renowned Norman North, which finished the tourney with a 3-1-0 mark yet will wind up in the bottom half of the tournament standings.

I forgot to mention our officials for tonight's finale: Referee Alan Schechtman; Asst. Referee Rob Mann; and Asst. Referee Marion Shull.
Halftime - Knox West 0-3 Eastside. It's been all one way traffic thus far and I'm not talking about the trip from I-26 to I-40! The Eagles have been flying high from the start and it has been an extremely impressive showing for EHS.

Past tournament champions:

1993, Brookland-Cayce
1994, Richland Northeast
1995, Chapin
1996, West Florence
1997, Brookland-Cayce
1998, Socastee
1999, Ridge View
2000, Norman North-OK
2001, Ridge View
2002, Bishop England
2003, Spring Valley
2004, Norman North-OK
2005, Norman North-OK
2006, Northwestern
2007, Riverside
2008, Spring Valley
BOXSCORE
Knox West 0-3 Eastside
Goals: (E) Devan Dorn 7'; (E) Dorn 24'; (E) Dorn 28'.
Assists: (E) Kai Hubbard.
Saves: (E) James Garilas 1; (KW) Tanner Thompson 1, Kenley Eliazar 5.
Shots: E 14-1 KW.
Corner Kicks: E 3-2 KW.
Offsides: none.
Fouls: E 4-12 KW.
Cautions: (KW) Eliazar 19'; (KW) Ben Cooper 31'; (KW) Thompson 33'.
Officials: (R) Alan Schechtman; (AR) Rob Mann; (AR) Marion Shull.
Temperature: 73 Degrees, Clear, Breezy.
Knox West pulls one back on a nice finish by Jack McCoy in the 51st minute. Could a game be made of this in the second stanza? A minute later McCoy is whistled for a foul and cautioned immediately by the referee. Knox West 3-1 Eastside.
Interesting opening quarter-hour as the score remains 3-1 in favor of EHS and Teos comes on for the first time in the second half. An extended intermission for the senior whose family hails from El Salvador.
We've played an hour at The Cage and it is still a two-goal advantage for the Eagles. West Coach Kyle McCoy was cautioned for an equipment violation on the hour.
Surely that's the dagger for Eastside as Teos delivers goal #4 in the 67th minute to push the scoreline to 4-1. Shot total is 21-3 in favor of the Eagles and the EHS fans in attendance are certainly not feeling blue - though that color is racing up and down The Cage tonight.
Teos is booked at the 69' mark and he departs the pitch with Eastside holding a seemingly commanding 4-1 lead.
It's knock-around time for Eastside as West has certainly run out of steam down a man. 75th minute and it appears a Palmetto State team will capture the title for the fourth consecutive year.
FINAL SCORE - Knox West 1-4 Eastside
MVP - Miguel Teos, Eastside
Great Tournament this weekend.

Pictures from the Championship games are now posted on winkflash:

You can view Palmetto Cup pictures without a winkflash account.

However, if you would like download access to the higher definition pictures (or would like to order from winkflash), sign up for a free account on winkflash. Once you're signed up, send me the email address that you used on your winkflash account.
Send it to spduzan@hotmail.com (subject: winkflash access), I will then give you rights to download the full picture.

Steve
Congrats to the Eagles! I knew (and hoped) this would be their year. Keep it up boys!
2009 Palmetto Cup All-Tournament Team

4 - Eastside
3 - Knox West (TN)
2 - Chapin, Farragut (TN)
1 - #5-16 teams

Ben Bosco, SR, Chapin
Joey Demare, JR, Chapin
Connor Dillon, JR, Wando
Devan Dorn, SR, Eastside
Ryan Freiburger, Lexington
Trevor Grieco, Farragut (TN)
Bobby James, SR, Christ Church
Taylor Lewis, JR, Brookland-Cayce
Patrick Maloney, SR, Knox West (TN)
Jack McCoy, SO, Knox West (TN)
Ishmeal Martinez, Walhalla
Nicholas Muth, Farragut (TN)
Kevin Smeaton, Riverside
Drew Smith, SO, North Myrtle Beach
Miguel Teos (MVP), SR, Eastside
Tanner Thompson, JR, Knox West (TN)
Thomas Valikonis, SR, Eastside
Taylor Wells, SR, Spring Valley
Hunter Wyer, Southside Christian
Just like to say thanks to all those involved in putting on the Palmetto Cup for making it a great experience for everyone. Having lost the use of Airport field at such short notice and then getting Granby and Northside ready so quickly was a minor miracle.
Congratulations to Coach Heise and all that helped with the effort.
Good job by all involved in the Cup. We go every year and it is such a warm friendly environment.
Hats off to Kevin Heise and all that make The Palmetto Cup a first class event. I hope everyone realizes how hard Kevin works for HS soccer not just in the Mid-State but for HS soccer throughout SC.
Pics from:

Chapin VS Spring Valley
Chapin VS Knox West
Farragut VS Eastside

are online www.colaeventpics.com

sorry it took so long...went out of town for Easter!
Riverside Player for All Tourn. Team

Kevin Smeaton
Southside Christian School Player for all tournament team.
Hunter Harrison
Hunter Wyer
Walhalla hs players for all tournament team:
Ishmeal Martinez
Alejandro Cruz

Thanks Kevin for inviting us. Walhalla had a great experience that will help us develop in the later half of our season. I was very impressed with the way the tournament was run. Coach E.
just to update you on the Knoxville, TN teams that were in the Palmetto Cup this year.

Farragut will be playing in the AAA State Championship game tomorrow. Farragut beat previously undefeated and according to ESPNrise #5 Cleveland High School 2-0. Farragut dominated the game from start to finish out-shooting Cleveland 18-1. In the first round Farragut won 1-0 against Hendersonville High School.

Knoxville West didn't make it past the region tournament losing to Farragut's arch-rival Bearden.

Farragut and Bearden are about 8 miles apart and almost met in the State Title game for the 2nd time in 3 years, but Bearden lost in the state semi-finals to Brentwood.

Farragut is currently 21-2-2, with losses coming to Eastside(SC) and Christian Academy of Knoxville (I think they are in their 6th straight A/AA state title game).

Knoxville West finished their season 8-4-2. Farragut and Knox West did play this year, with Farragut avenging their loss from last season 3-2.
Norman North finished 14-2 and lost in the OK Quarterfinals.
Farragut defeated defending champion Brentwood 2-0.

Farragut finishes the season as the AAA State Champs with a 22-2-2 record.
Class 4A
#4 Wando, 21-5-1, Semifinals
#11 Spring Valley, 11-7-3, 2nd Round
#13 Lexington, 16-9, 2nd Round
Sumter, 10-10, 1st Round

Class 3A
#2 Eastside, 25-3, Upper State Champions
#4 Chapin, 15-8-1, Quarterfinals
#5 North Myrtle Beach, 19-5-1, 2nd Round
#6 Riverside, 17-8, 2nd Round
#7 Brookland-Cayce, 15-9-2, Quarterfinals

Class 2A