SC Soccer
Posted By: sG Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/09/09 07:55 PM
Northwestern shall reign!!! Back to Back baby!!! Anyone disagree?
Posted By: pinger90 Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/09/09 10:27 PM
I think this is a pretty dumb statement but it will be a great game to show who really is the best team in the state... IRMO
Posted By: MUnited Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/09/09 10:29 PM
Quote:

I think this is a pretty dumb statement but it will be a great game to show who really is the best team in the state... IRMO

I think this is a pretty dumb statement.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/09/09 11:08 PM
I think that any team that thinks they are going to walk through the competition like a hot knife through butter better get their heads out of the clouds. Both Northwestern and Irmo are going to have bulls eyes on their backs the entire way through the playoffs. I refereed the defending state champions here in Illinois this fall, and watched them get owned by Boylan in a sectional match. Is this because Boylan was the better team, most likely not, but they played a much better match that game. People that come on here and state that a specific team is going to win hands down are either:

1) A complete moron
2) Blinded by their own school affiliation
3) Have no idea what it takes to make a successful run in the playoffs

I would think that Irmo and NW should make it to the state finals, but there are a lot of teams in their way that they have to play first. Think about what could happen if a couple of key players get injured during this run. That could be a total game changer...never count your chickens before they hatch.

Good luck to all teams that are in the playoffs, and hopefully there will be a lot of fun and exciting games to watch.
Posted By: sG Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/10/09 04:10 AM
ERRONEOUS!!! ERRONEOUS!!! I'm not a moron, I'm definately not blind, and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to win in the playoffs. Therefore Soccerboy, Northwestern shall reign!!!
Posted By: Spartan Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 12:22 AM
Quote:

ERRONEOUS!!! ERRONEOUS!!! I'm not a moron, I'm definately not blind, and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to win in the playoffs. Therefore Soccerboy, Northwestern shall reign!!!

Wouldn't that depend on how many goals are called back???
Posted By: Cesc_Fabregas Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 12:29 AM
What are you talking about Spartan?
Posted By: Spartan Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 01:02 AM
http://revver.com/video/886252/upper-state-championship-irmo-vs-northwestern/

Last year's upper state
Posted By: sG Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 01:11 AM
You people never let it die, get over that stupid game. NW won. Regardless, Northwestern shall reign!!!
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 01:20 AM
i agree. they are the most overall dominant team since last years NW team
Posted By: Cesc_Fabregas Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 02:01 AM
Wow Spartan, a bit bitter aren't we? I mean seriously.
Posted By: Spartan Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 02:52 AM
I'm Not "We People", but I did think the video was quite telling...
....I can see why you NW fans would like evidence of that play to go away!

Best of Luck to "You" and Irmo. Hope you both make the fanals.

I also hope the refs that make it are as equally talented as the teams that make it to the finals
Posted By: Spartan Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 03:07 AM
C Fab,

I'm not bitter, I just like to pick on Northwestern!

You boast about finishing big, but you play absolutely NO competition during the regular season.

....maybe the schedule is "not" NW's fault, but they certainly don't mind running up the numbers on the much weaker opponents!

ps. I don't like the Yankees either
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 03:22 AM
Running up the score? They have only broke 10 goals in a game once this season. Irmo has done it 3 times (not comparing the two, just trying to make my point more valid). And Nortwestern did it against a much improved Rock Hill High School team.

And NHS certainly does not play their starters the whole game against these "weaker" opponents.

So what exactly are you saying??????
Posted By: sG Re: Northwestern = UBER PWNAGE!!! - 05/11/09 06:53 AM
Spartan quit whining. Yes NW region and schedule is weak. Erroneous, they are still undefeated. Concerning last year, they had a weak schedule, but if I remember correctly they were undefeated in the playoffs. So in saying that, it does not matter who they play during season. NW has been playing and waiting for the playoffs all year, they know thats all that matters. They knew they would have no trouble getting there, they just did what they had to do. All that to say, Northwestern shall reign!!!
© SC Soccer