SC Soccer
Posted By: cat scratch SCISA 2010 - 01/15/10 02:03 PM
Thoughts on who will be good this coming season?
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/18/10 09:58 PM
hopefully someone will knock pinewood off their high horse
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/26/10 08:42 PM
my reputation as a thread killer is notorious
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/27/10 12:49 AM
Pinewood Prep will dominate SCISA this year. Last season was a gut check and they still won the state championship. Watchout!!!!
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/27/10 04:37 AM
maybe. I heard some talk that porter gaud got some very talented players up from their j.v. team this year
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/28/10 03:18 AM
The Porter JV team went 6-9 last year, losing to Pinewood JV twice. One of the scores was 4-2. I don't think there's anything to worry about to be honest. But we shall see.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/28/10 04:52 AM
im talking about individuals. i didn't say the whole team was moving up
Posted By: DirtyMone Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/28/10 06:40 AM
Coach Eudy should have Cardinal Newman in good form again.

St. Joe's has 3 or 4 players from the CESA 94 Premier team and a couple from the CESA 94 Challenge team coming in this year. They will be young, but talented. Fortunately for other SCISA teams, they move to 1A next year.
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/28/10 12:12 PM
Another CN vs Pinewood Prep rematch. Pinewood Prep has 4 players playing on the South Carolina United Academy Team. The elite club team in the state.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/28/10 02:12 PM
Yeah, I still doubt that these JV players will make them that much better. Becuase looking at last season, they have some work to do.

And I SoccerTalk, I think I'm going to pull for Hammond this year over CN. I hear they have some new kids coming in.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 01/31/10 07:06 AM
CN has a couple key players injured, but who knows what could happen.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/02/10 12:41 AM
i heard hammond got that new brazilian kid up top.....straight outta boca's youth club
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/02/10 03:14 PM
they would do that
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/02/10 08:00 PM
For being straight out of Boca's youth club...he's not that great. I mean, he has talent but you don't have to talk him up that much. But I could be thinking of a totally different player, what's his name?
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/03/10 06:21 PM
Can't remember his name, but by the way your describing him this is a completely different player.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/03/10 07:57 PM
Maybe, 3 posts just talking up Hammond. 2 here and 1 about Braeden Troyer being SCISA POY. Fernando Posada now goes to Hammond is what I heard
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/04/10 03:19 PM
cat scratch, you are right about fernando. He transferred to Hammond this year and is a junior. I have no clue who came up with the brazilian boca player considering he has always been around south carolina soccer.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/04/10 05:41 PM
cat scratch i beginning to think i should change password....u got me down haha, well apparently i heard wrong....
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/04/10 07:38 PM
So right now I'm only seeing Hammond, Cardinal Newman, and Pinewood being the top teams as usual.. Anyone else? Cardinal Newman lost 10 starters? Or is that just a rumor?
Posted By: Always Right Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/04/10 08:39 PM
Quote:

i heard hammond got that new brazilian kid up top.....straight outta boca's youth club

Boca Juniors is in Argentina. Isn't Hammond's coach from there?
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 03:01 AM
yea Hammond's coach is argentinian but that has no relationship to fernando. Fernando was born in the states so i don't see where your guys are coming up with all this... also, i don't believe CN lost anywhere near 10 starters even though they did lose a few key players.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 03:35 AM
just wait. hammond returns all starting players from last season and have added fernando pasado to their lineup after serving pinewood their first scisa loss in six years. Hammond will be state champs 2010!
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 03:42 PM
well put 803baller, couldn't agree more
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 05:49 PM
Can anyone tell me about Pinewood.. I heard they lost a lot in the last graduating class.
Hammond needs to win games when it matters most.. They still have not beaten CN... So CN is the team to beat this year.. Great Coach
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 07:30 PM
they lost joe sweet, malcolm reed, brandon ferro, trey reidmeir and a few other players who i cant remember. They lost alot of their best players. Hammond graduated one starter and CN graduated 5 or 6 and their starting center back and all region player (Zach Wrovat) tore his ACL. im putting my money on hammond who has a great coach in adrian pinasco
Posted By: Bear Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 07:45 PM
Pinewood lost some very significant players for them in the 09 graduating class, listed above. The last time this statement was made, was a few years ago, when this graduating class was the rising junior class, and the comments were very similar, as it is year in and year out, Hammond or CN is the team to beat.

Also, it is still very similar that there is a very talented Pinewood junior class that are experienced playing together in very high level club soccer. Another similarity, Pinewood retains a very talented goal keeper.

Yes, Eudy and Pinasco are very talented coaches, but, Birchwood can say he's won 3 in a row, 4 of the last six, and has proven he can lose a lot to graduation, with a talented core rising, and maintain a championship program. Not something Eudy and Pinasco can say....yet.

Although no longer connected, I think this year, the state race is more of a toss up than it has been. I think it is Hammond in the upstate (of course St. Joes is a wild card that doesn't get mentioned too often), and Pinewood in the lower state, and the makings of another close championship match. Given the history, Pinewood is the favorite, until proven otherwise on the field.

PS: (this can either be considered a post script, or pot stirring, so it really is meant in jest.) Can CN really say Hammond needs to win games when it matters most?
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 07:59 PM
Yes, Pinewood faced their first SCISA loss in 6 years but not taking anything away from hammond, but they lost in pks and Pinwood went up to Hammond to play them at home during the playoffs and handeled them. And then came back from being under 2-0 to win 4-2 in the championship. Pinewood returns 5 players who have all played at the Academy level. And 4 of them still do, for SCUFC. Joe Sweet, Malcolm Reed, Trey Reidmayer, and Brandon Ferro were all key players to the team, but let's face it, they did not play too well last year at all. There was no consistancy.

The road to the championship will be tough between the 3 teams, and like usual, Pinewood is never the favorite.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 09:12 PM
well put Bear and cat scratch. However, I do not see how catscratch can say that pinewood "handeled" hammond in the state semi-finals. Hammond went up 1-0 in the first half and then lost 2-1 in literally the last 5 seconds of regulation off somewhat of a lucky play where the keeper came out of the 18. But I agree that the road to the championship is between Hammond as the favorite followed up by a strong Pinewood and CN
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 10:06 PM
Coach Birchwood is the best soccer coach is SCISA. There is no debate. His record speaks for itself. Before Hammond can be considered in the same league as Pinewood Prep, they must win something first. About the PK win over Pinewood, all I can say is " A blind squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile." Pinewood has a core group of elite players that make them the best team in SCISA.
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 11:16 PM
Hammond is playing CN in March. The Hammond coach goes crazy in Big Games.. Let see if they can win.. Before you can win a championship you have to get to it. I guess Pinewood got lucky when it mattered most. I'm still pulling for CN.
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/05/10 11:18 PM
Tuesday, Apr. 21, 2009
Skyhawks shock No. 1 Pinewood Prep
John Devlin

Hammond’ hasn’t had much luck against Cardinal Newman, the second-ranked SCISA boys soccer team, so far this season. The third-ranked Skyhawks, however, pulled off a major surprise Monday in Summerville by toppling No. 1, defending state champion Pinewood Prep 2-1 in a shootout thriller.

Matthew McClam scored Hammond’s lone goal in regular play, and keeper Jack Felmly, with plenty of defensive help from his teammates, kept the potent Panthers, who came into the match averaging nearly seven goals per outing, pretty much in check.

In the decisive penalty-kick shootout session, the Skyhawks proved superior with a 5-3 edge in successful conversions. McClam, Pat Hutchinson, Braeden Troyer, Rob Grosslight and McIver Prickett all beat Pinewood keeper Robert Beebe to steal the win.

It was the first loss to a SCISA foe this season for the mighty Panthers (14-2-1) whose only previous setback came against 4A public school Wando back on March 10.

Hammond likely will finish second to Cardinals Newman (13-3-1, 7-0) in Region 1-3A this season after winning the championship last season. The Cardinals need just one win to clinch the region’s No. 1 state playoff seed. The Skyhawks (11-3, 6-2) dropped both region outings to the Cardinals in a span of four days early this month. Still, Monday’s outcome should make things very interesting come playoff time.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 12:30 AM
and lets not forget the controversy surrounding the CN pinewood game last may
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 12:45 AM
Woah...Brozo the Clown, Birchwood might be the most successful coach IN SCISA, but i wouldn't go as far as to say he's the best, maybe its not how successful the team is, but what you do with the players your given? Same league as pinewood?, Is that why noone else in SCISA can "recruit" athletes the way Pinewood does?, must be a great league.
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 01:18 AM
BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean

I guess the Pinewood Coach is just lucky at what he does.. Are you saying that the team doesn't play well, or the players looks clueless on the field. Personally have you seen a Pinewood Game?

I wonder how Hammond got the new player this season... Lets say "recruit".

For the record now.. I want someone to challenge Pinewood this season. We came very close last year but fell short in the Finals
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 01:24 AM
"And lets not forget the controversy", WWWOOOWWW. As a soccer loyalist and for the purity of the game, a win is a win. Pinewood, as a soccer institution, understand the dynamics of the game. Talent is not everything but Pinewood has a winning attitude/tradition that permeates their soccer program. That is what separates championships (6) from runner-ups. Pinewood has it!!!!!
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 02:03 AM
haha for some reason that has always been a touchy subject for pinewood....., i know the team plays very well and has great players and thats what i was making a point at that you cant always measure a coach by his success especially in a private school division when some teams are provided with a larger group of talented players than others, im not taking anything away from those players i just thought the remark about their coach was a little overstated. And for the "recruit" he was probably looking for a higher education program which hammond provides, and is one of the best. Pinewood on the other hand has been caught for illegal recruitment within athletics before....not saying the soccer team has been caught, but that aspect as well permeates through the pinewood athletic program.
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 02:15 AM
I got to admit that a lot of the kids on the Pinewood soccer team have been at the school for a long time.
Can anyone tell me how do you measure if a coach is good or not?

Opinion Will vs Adrian..
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 05:14 AM
I would have to go with Coach Adrian Pinasco from Hammond. I wonder why he won SCISA COACH of the year back to back years in 2007 and 2008... what other coach could have the season that adrian did last year after losing 3 college soccer players, including the player of the year in jordan troyer, the best keeper in the state in ross power, and the most feared midfielder in the state in stiles harper who all went on to great collegiate soccer programs. i would also like to add that I have not witnessed any other coach with the amount of passion and love for the game as adrian
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 06:14 AM
well we all know who this guy is pulling for. THIS IS UNREAL!!!
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 01:36 PM
Well how many finals have Adrian appeared in or championship won.... I would agree with the passion it's out of control
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 06:16 PM
the question was "opinion will vs. adrian" meaning the CN coach vs the Hammond coach. CN did make it to the final last year but in the past two seasons the series is tied 2-2.
Posted By: resolute Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 07:37 PM
Broseidon, The softball team was caught illegally recruiting. That is the only recorded recruiting case involving Pinewood. So unless their are some softball players joining the boys squad at pinewood the two sports are not really related. And I don't see how when a high-level soccer player joins Hammond it is in search of higher educational opportunities but when Pinewood has talent it is immediately labeled as recruited.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 08:25 PM
Well ive never heard of anyone transferring to hammond for soccer this is probably the first talk of any transfer to hammond having a soccer backround so i doubt theres a whole lot of recruitment being done, but when it comes to the overall athletic program soccer and softball are related through athletics, and i said softballs the only one thats been caught. I doubt were gonna agree on this highly paradigmatic subject but i was just stating my opinion and some "related" facts
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 10:11 PM
agreed Broseidon... Hammond brings much more to the table than strictly soccer, considering the academic prestige. So to say fernando was recruited is completely inaccurate. Fernando has played with several players on the hammond team in previous years and simply wanted to come to hammond for school. Resolute--if you consider fernando being recruited just because he was asked to come to hammond by his friends then you are insane because that is clearly not "recruiting"
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/06/10 10:43 PM
All Private schools have to market themselves.. So yes someone at Hammond recruited the player... Athletics or academics.. Hope they can manage the talent that the school has assembled for this great coach
Posted By: live and learn Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 12:33 AM
Where did Fernando Posada go to school before transferring to Hammond?
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 03:42 AM
He went to blythewood. Fernando makes good grades and wants to play college soccer. Hammond can make that happen for him
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 02:40 PM
I like how the season is shaping up.. Someone transfers to Hammond its for Schooling and desire to play college soccer and not recruiting.. If someone transfers to Pinewood its for soccer and they were recruited... but they have not been caught.. This one is funny.....
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 04:01 PM
i think we've established these arguments already soccerislife
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 05:00 PM
I glad that you're able to confirm the double standards that exist.. That one was too easy
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 05:23 PM
exactly what i was doing...
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 05:47 PM
On to another topic - Strengthen of Schedules
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 08:07 PM
good topic... I think it is evident that Hammond has the toughest schedule in SCISA considering the following out of conference games: Irmo (preseason #2 in 4A), South Aiken(defending 3A state champs), Darlington School out of Georgia, Dreher, Blythewood, Beaufort, West Florence and a few others.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/07/10 08:37 PM
Irmo and maybe south Aiken are the only good teams that you listed.

Pinewood on the other hand plays west Ashley who won the region that beaufort is in, wando who narrowly lost to irmo in ot last year, fort Dorchester who is easily as good as blythewood or dreher, north western 1st nationally, Farragut and Norman north both top 20 in the nation, bishop England who's always strong, and a slew of other 4a public schools and other competative teams...
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/08/10 12:23 AM
so when you look at the strength of schedules and tough games you have to look outside of SCISA?
Posted By: MidlandsKid Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/08/10 01:06 AM
As if Blythewood couldnt, both are very talented programs. I'm pretty sure fernando was not recruited hes just always loved the coach and does have friends on the hammond squad. There is more than meets the eye as to why he left for hammond, yes he gets good grades and he is a talented soccer player. However i would not make such a claim as too Hammond recruiting unless you know all the facts.
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/08/10 02:40 AM
I thought we moved on from the recruiting topic.. Hammond does not recruit.. The players and coaches are just great so everyone wants to attended the school..

Let hope that someone can beat Pinewood when it really matters. Hammond has the best team on paper and the toughest schedule.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/08/10 04:24 PM
But when it comes to actually winning the state championship, Pinewood is the best team.

I'm looking forward to watching these kids compete, I think it will be a good season, tough for the three teams.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/08/10 04:29 PM
Well said soccerislife. That is true cat scratch Hammond didnt put pinewood away when it mattered last year. Its a new season though and anything can happen. It will be quite competitive
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 02:01 AM
this should make for an interesting rivalry this season...are hammond and pinewood scheduled for a regular season game....and where are all the "cards" at, dont count yourselves out yet....just playin, im just wondering where all the HS v CN talk is this year
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 02:09 AM
Cardinal Newman stands a better chance of making it to the finals than Hammond.. When is the last time Hammond reached the finals. Hammond and Pinewood not playing this year.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 02:15 AM
That is a good point but when hammond gets knocked out before CN by the same team CN loses to in the finals you dont have a whole lot of room to talk big, yes CN won the better seeding, congrats, but CN has yet to beat pinewood in the recent years.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 02:42 AM
Just wondering--what are everyone's top three predictions (in order) this year for SCISA? Take all things into consideration such as players who graduated, new players, coaching, etc...
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 03:54 AM
CN plays both hammond and pp in their regular season so we will see whatsup before the playoffs
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 02:20 PM
1. Pinewood (Return very experienced players, great coach, state championship experience)
2. Hammond (Returns most players from a good squad last year)
3. Cardinal Newman (Lost alot of players and dont gain replacements)
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 03:34 PM
1) Cardinal Newman - Because of better Coach
2) Hammond - Returns a good group, needs to prove themselves
3) Pinewood - Because they lost too many experienced players last year
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 04:24 PM
1. Hammond- Great coach, returns all players and adds new ones.
2. Pinewood- State championship experiance. Few good players.
3.Cardinal Newman- Lost 7 starters
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 08:05 PM
When is Cardinal Newman's and Hammond's first scrimmage/game?
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 09:50 PM
soccerislife when you say better coach do you mean better than hammond and pinewood or a new one...no disrespect for "the boss" will eudy, great guy, also very passionate
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 10:36 PM
I think Cardinal Newman has a better coach in Will than Hammond. Just my opinion.. It gives them the edge.. Pinewood lost too many impact players to be considered in this years race..
Posted By: MidlandsKid Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/09/10 11:42 PM
1. Hammond
2. Cardinal Newman
3. Pinewood

No explination needed its what i believe you can believe what youd like.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 12:53 AM
soccerislife you know i gotta disagree with you, but i do consider Eudy as one of the top coaches in scisa along with kevin graves and the st joes coach, clearly the pinewood coach as shown through his success, but when it comes to overall coaching Pinasco is in a class of his own...if you've seen the man coach a game you know he cares and puts more into each game than anyone on the field. I'd put Hammond, CN, and Pinewood in the top 3 for this season, but i wouldn't put money on a winner...all fairly equal in talent this year, but it'll be up to who performs on game day to differentiate the "Big 3"..... midlandskid way to lay down the law after your picks.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 03:20 AM
cat scratch, Hammond plays their first scrimmage on Feb 17th at Bylthewood. However, Hammond will be missing four starters due to basketball.
Posted By: MidlandsKid Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 03:27 AM
Doubt you would be able to tell much from a game this early anyways. Im sure Hammond such as Blythewood will be working every player around to find the best line-up. Should be interesting to see how Fernando plays against a Blythewood team that has club mates and a few players that played with him on that team last year.
Posted By: High Flyer Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 03:36 AM
It looks like everyone here knows a lot about the SCISA league, and I just have a few questions.

1. Why are there private schools not playing in this league?
2. Why are the private schools that don't play in this league not in 4A?

I don't understand how it is fair or fun for the smaller public schools to play teams like this?

I ask becuase I see that St. Joe's is moving to 1A next year. How is it fun for anyone if teams that have so many premier and quality challenge players to play schools that can barely field teams? If they want to play in the public school leagues I think they should have to play in the league where they would be most competitive.

Either I think they should all be in this league, or there's no point in having it.

But I'm not very familiar with the league, so can anyone fix any wrong interpretations that I have.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 04:49 AM
Soccerislife I disagree with your statement about Pinewood not even being in the race. Mainly because what seniors Pinewood had last year, weren't working to their full potential at all times like they needed to be. And now that the seniors are gone, I believe that the experienced players that they do have will be ready to step it up and lead the team. Referring to the very talented junior class.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 05:02 AM
highflyer i could be wrong but i believe the reason private schools can't join 4A is due to the lack of size of any private school....i don't know why or how st joes moved into 1a, but I feel like if a school changes divisions in one sport all the sports of that school have to change with it...and lets be serious bro montana, private school football vs. public school football...haha....but i could be wrong, just a guess.

And catscratch, i agree i dont believe pinewood will be out of the running, definitely not as talented, but still highly competitive.
Posted By: CoachA Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 01:13 PM
What about the smaller SCISA schools?
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/10/10 02:18 PM
Pinewood plays West Ashley this afternoon if everything goes as planned. Should be an exciting game.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/11/10 12:18 PM
Pinewood won 2-0 against West Ashley. They are looking good this season. After going up 1-0, subs were made to give the younger kids an chance to show what they have.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/11/10 11:49 PM
catscratch, what was your take on the team compared to last year since that seems to be a big issue on the thread?
Posted By: DirtyMone Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/13/10 09:38 PM
As mentioned earlier, the school can not be in a different classification for different sports. I believe football drove the 1A classification along with economics as Christ Church and Southside Christian are both 1A and very close to St. Joes (right down the street). Starting next year when they go to 1A, they could dominate for several years in soccer as they have a slew of premier and challenge kids coming through. They never had a JV soccer team (just middle school), but they have so many kids coming up they are starting a jv squad next year. There non SCISA games for this season include top rated schools in 1A and 3A like JL Mann, Eastside, Riverside, Southside Christian, and Christ Church. Probably wont contend for SCISA title this year due to youthfulness of better players, but do not look past them.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/13/10 09:39 PM
This year's Pinewood team will definitely be strong, but they are also kind of young. They have kids who are very experienced and most of them have played a high level of soccer. I noticed that they seem to be small in some areas on the field, but they can move the ball pretty well.

Yes, Pinewood lost a lot from last year's squad, but it seems that they have moved on quite easily. They lost Brandon Ferro, Trey Reidmayer, Joe sweet, and Malcolm Reed but the midfield slots were filled this year by Taylor Katsanis and Blaise Rashtchian and Brandon Ferro's forward slot was filled by his younger brother, Thomas Ferro, who is a much better finisher. Despite the size difference, he can dribble well and is quick. And then of course, Justin White runs the Pinewood offense with his craft and speed.

They are solid down the center of the field but looked weak on the outside. Malcolm Reed is the only major loss that can't really be replaced, as he moved on to play at UCF. However, Brandon Phinney and Dillon Thies provide a strong central defense.

All the players mentioned have all played at the highest level of club soccer available.
Posted By: High Flyer Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/13/10 11:19 PM
Alright thanks for clearing that up a little bit for me. I just tend to see private schools dominate a lot of sports when they play in the public school leagues. So basically it's all about football. That's nice to know lol.
Posted By: DirtyMone Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/14/10 06:57 AM
club soccer (especially elite teams) tends to be a middle to upper middle class sport due to costs (fees, travel, etc) so it makes sense that more of these kids are also the kids that end up going to private schools plus if a kid is a good enough (athletics or academics), they can also offer scholarships.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/15/10 02:26 AM
correlation or causation?
Posted By: High Flyer Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/15/10 02:39 AM
Either way it def gives them a leg up on the rest of the competition when they play public schools. I just don't see how it can be fair to play schools that can barely field teams. There needs to be a way around this happening to 1-A and 2-A public schools.
Posted By: DirtyMone Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/15/10 03:30 AM
In soccer, I agree it is a mismatch, but they will not dominate all other sports like football, basketball, baseball, etc. Since this is a soccer forum, I guess it would be seen as unfair.
Posted By: DirtyMone Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/15/10 03:38 AM
St Joes has one of the best (90+ percent rates) college placements out there, so I tend to believe more correlation.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/16/10 12:53 AM
Pinewood plays Wando tomorrow in a scrimmage at Wando.
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/16/10 08:05 PM
This would be a good test for Pinewood.. Waiting for reports...
Posted By: MidlandsKid Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/17/10 03:10 AM
Blythewood vs Hammond for 2/17 cancelled.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/17/10 03:20 AM
Wando / Pinewood canceled. But Pinewood will face them in the Carolina classic next Saturday.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/22/10 04:21 PM
How did pinewood do against wando saturday? Does anyone know?
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/22/10 05:10 PM
if it wasn't immediately posted by cat scratch then wando probably won
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/22/10 06:22 PM
Carolina classic is this weekend..Rotary classic BE 1 Wando 0
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/23/10 12:17 PM
12th Annual Carolina Soccer Classic
February 26-28, 2010

Group A – Myrtle Beach (3A), Pinewood Prep (SCISA), Summerville (4A), Wando (4A)
Group B – Brookland-Cayce (3A), Fort Dorchester (4A), Hilton Head (3A), Waccamaw (2A)
Group C – Bishop England (2A), Lexington (4A), Socastee (3A), West Ashley (4A)

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26 (Field #)

(A) 6:30 pm – Summerville vs. Wando, #3
(B) 6:30 pm – Fort Dorchester vs. Brookland-Cayce, #5
(C) 6:30 pm – West Ashley vs. Bishop England, #1

(A) 8 pm – Myrtle Beach vs. Pinewood Prep, #2
(B) 8 pm – Hilton Head vs. Waccamaw, #4
(C) 8 pm - Lexington vs. Socastee, #5

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27 (Field #)

(A) 9 am - Summerville vs. Myrtle Beach, #1
(B) 9 am – Fort Dorchester vs. Hilton Head, #4
(C) 9 am – West Ashley vs. Socastee, #3

(A) 10:30 am – Wando vs. Pinewood Prep, #2
(B) 10:30 am – Brookland-Cayce vs. Waccamaw, #5
(C) 10:30 am – Bishop England vs. Lexington, #4

(A) 2:30 pm – Pinewood Prep. vs. Summerville, #1
(B) 2:30 pm – Waccamaw vs. Fort Dorchester, #3
(C) 2:30 pm – Lexington vs. West Ashley, #5

(A) 4 pm – Wando vs. Myrtle Beach, #2
(B) 4 pm – Brookland-Cayce vs. Hilton Head, #4
(C) 4 pm – Bishop England vs. Socastee, #5

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (Field #)

9 am - #1 vs. #4 (1) - Semifinals
9 am - #2 vs. #3 (3) - Semifinals
9 am - #11 vs. #12 (5) - 11th Place

11 am - #9 vs. #10 (5) - 9th Place
11 am - #7 vs. #8 (3) - 7th Place
11 am - #5 vs. #6 (1) - 5th Place

Last year (2009), Pinewood Prep went 3-0-0. CN went 0-2-1
Posted By: shut^&play Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/23/10 02:26 PM
Quote:

Last year (2009), Pinewood Prep went 3-0-0. CN went 0-2-1

Which means that they were subsequently hosed by the Charleston officiating in the final for good reason right? We've all seen the Youtube.
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/23/10 06:02 PM
haha....hosed, great word choice
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/25/10 01:00 AM
Hammond 1 Dreher 0
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/25/10 02:04 AM
Was it a good game.. We need match analysis from the unstoppable Hammond squad
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 02/25/10 03:53 PM
soccerislife-- hammond scored in the first 20 minutes off a header by matthew mcclam. Hammond played with out Braeden Troyer and Fernando Posada because of a school field trip. Dreher had a few free kicks but other than that no real goal opportunities. Game was dominated in possession and hammond misses a few easy chances at goal.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/01/10 03:40 AM
wow did pinewood really go 0-3 in the carolina soccer classic
Posted By: Gentleman Dave Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/01/10 12:20 PM
no. they went 0-4.
Posted By: Birch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/01/10 03:17 PM
Pinewood had a rough time this weekend.. Playing in a very competitive group.. Great for our preparations for the up coming season
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/01/10 04:21 PM
Who did pinewood play?
Posted By: Import Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/01/10 05:04 PM
02/26 L 0-1 Myrtle Beach
02/27 L 0-4 Wando
02/27 L 0-3 Summerville
02/28 L 0-2 Lexington
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/01/10 05:52 PM
didn't even score a goal. ouch!
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/02/10 04:24 PM
That is some tough competition but it wouldve at least helped to have scored a goal. Looks like it wasnt even competitive. Says things about pinewood this year compared to their play in the tournament last year.
Posted By: Liverpool12105 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/07/10 05:56 PM
Keep an eye on St. Josephs. They will be a sleeper this year just like 2 years ago. They are a very talented but young team, and should mature as the season goes on.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/07/10 06:06 PM
Pinewood 1
Fort Dorchester 1

Very exciting game
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 03:29 AM
what's the deal with pinewood this year? lost all four games of their first tourny and now a tie??? Do they have injured players or are they just getting outplayed? doesnt't sound like the team from last year...
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 01:35 PM
Well considering the fact that Fort Dorchester is a 4A team, and they went into overtime with Wando, I don't think tying them is a setback, in fact it was a good game where Pinewood improved their play and have seemed to found a system that proves productive. They're hopeful for the future.

And what happened to the 4-0 beatdown Hammond received from Beaufort.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 04:44 PM
It says pinewood lost to wando 4-0?? Hammond had just lost their starting left back the game before due to a torn acl. Hammond turned around this weekend and almost beat Darlington soccer academy in a 2-1 loss. Darlingtons goals were undeserved as well. Darlington turned around and beat Irmo 2-1 the next morning and Irmo beat the #1 team in the nation northwestern the next day. Hammond went on to beat 4a greenwood 1-0 without fernado pasado and beat augusta soccer academy 2-0 without fernando pasado or starting holding mid ramsey ugarte. At least Hammond can bounce back.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 04:52 PM
riddle me this...how did hammond leapfrog CN from #3 to #! without a single region game or SCISA game being played.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 05:01 PM
Tournament play?
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 05:30 PM
803baller.. A lost is a lost regardless... Pinewood lost all there games last weekend, the coach went on record saying they had a rough weekend.. Stop making excuses..
Hammond would be a force in SCISA this season...
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/08/10 06:38 PM
Yes, Pinewood lost to Wando 4-0 without center mid Taylor Katsanis. Pinewood held Wando 0-0 for 70 minutes until they encountered another red card for language. From there it went down hill. the game was more competative than it looks on paper.

we will see how the season turns out for all 3 SCISA teams.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 02:39 AM
Huge games this week for Hammond.

Tuesday night against St. Josephs @ home and Thursday night @ home, HUGE game against Cardinal Newman ( #1 vs. #2)

Predictions???
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 *DELETED* *DELETED* - 03/09/10 04:16 AM
Post deleted by brosefus
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 04:24 AM
pinewoods time has come and gone. them winning state last year was a fluke. CN got robbed. its either CN or Hammonds year. both are looking to be the frontrunners in SCISA!
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 05:45 AM
why is everyone underestimating augusta christian and orangeburg prep this year? they didnt lose too many seniors right? Daxter Yuronzal from OP is a force to be reckoned with. good luck shutting that man down
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 03:45 PM
probably because they lost just about every game by ten goals
Posted By: Wayne Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 04:59 PM
How did this game result in a tie? (P Prep and Ft D) The SCISA Blue Book says:
Game Information:
1. No match may end in a tie. During the regular season there will be two (2) full five (5) minute overtime periods. If a tie still exists, penalty kicks will determine the winner.

SCHSL is similar.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 05:30 PM
Scrimmage.
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/09/10 09:18 PM
Daxter Yuronzal from OP has scored 8 and 1/2 goals from the sweeper keeper positions in OP's elite 5-3-3 style with, of course, Yuronzal playing both sweeper and keeper. Plus he just signed with Jackson Hole Bible College making him the first SC player to play college soccer in wyoming.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/10/10 01:12 AM
Is this a joke?
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/10/10 02:18 AM
This is really funny brosefus. The joke was good the first post. Who has ever even heard of this Daxter?? And first SC player to sign to some Wyoming Hole Bible place. Is that even real? If it is I stand corrected but regardless. Sorry OP and this so called amazing sweeper keeper who scored 8 and a half goals is a joke.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/10/10 03:10 AM
Hammond 3
St. Josephs 2

St. Joes went up 2-0 in the first 20 minutes of the half. Then Hammond scored shortly after to leave the score 2-1 at half. Hammond then wnt on to put two more goals away in the second half to win. Very physical game and I would not count out St. Joes this year, they are young but very skillful and have a great player in burnikel.
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/10/10 03:43 AM
Pinewood Prep 3
Wilson Hall 0

Goals:
Justin White 1
Jarrett Londergan 2

Excellent defensive game by Pinewood's defenders (D. Thies, B. Phinney, J.White and goalie: R. Beebe). PP controlled the game. We're back!
Posted By: EagleMan25 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/10/10 01:40 PM
Heathwood Hall 5
Florence Christian 1

FC was without their starting goalie, he will be out another week or so.
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/11/10 12:27 AM
Ok.

So, i dont mean to change any subject but lets get serious: Mascots.

Whats the deal with mascots in SCISA? Heathwood's wears a skirt...wowsers. Pinewood's is a cat..and Hammond's is a sky hawk...as opposed to a land hawk???!

I was thinkin they could all change their mascot names to be a little more similar to the school name. tell me what you think...

Cardinal Newman Priestly Wizards
Hammond School Hambones
Pinewood Prep Woodcutters
Heathwood Hall Hall-Monitors
Ben Lippen Scottie Pippens (my personal Favorite)
St. Joseph St. Josephs (ironic eh?)
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/11/10 01:09 AM
nah not really bro
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/11/10 01:13 AM
Whoah broski. Your getting a little ahead of yourself now. The mascots are fine how they are now
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/11/10 10:20 PM
ok.

Top 3 Players in SCISA who bring a rolly backpack to school.

1. Brandon Phinney-Pinewood Prep
-This Pinewood defender uses the classic L.L. Bean style rolly backpack for comfortability while keeping a classic style. He is quoted, "I like the rolly backpack and the chicks seem to dig it. With L.L. Bean's version, I can store all my pencils and pencil cases so that I no longer have to use pocket protectors."

2. Fernando Posada-Hammond School
-The skyhawk forward prefers a Colombian leather rolly backpack believing, "its slick style matches my slick moves on the field."

3. Alex Burnikel-St. Josephs
-This St. Joes Striker models burberry's newest top of the line plaid rolly backpack, a collector's edition only shared by the likes of Mike Tyson, Chad Michael Murray, and Vanilla Ice. Burnikel, though, is not a consistent backpack roller, sometimes he prefers to wear a satchel, "like Alan from the Hangover."
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/11/10 11:04 PM
Why is nobody including Ben Lippen in the SCISA discussion? They have a solid team this year and will suprise alot of teams with their excellent work rate and great behavior!!
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/12/10 12:14 AM
Haha thats great....also watch out for Camden Military, their gonna suprise alot of teams with their military style tactics and fresh uniforms on and off the field
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/12/10 12:19 AM
What about St Marys school for the Deaf and Blind?
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/12/10 12:41 AM
The funny thing is Broseidon is that Heathwood if i remember correctly actually lost to Camden Military last year haha
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/12/10 12:14 PM
Quote:

What about St Marys school for the Deaf and Blind?

Could you please take this discussion a little more seriously??? Youre just not funny.
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/12/10 04:33 PM
Brosefus ill take your conversation seriously when you change your user name... and just to add on everyone knows Joey Shciano models the Italian leather rolly back pack made in the streets of florence...BL4LYFE
Posted By: icecoldlover Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/15/10 03:42 AM
I also recently heard that Fernando Posada was given a red card for throwing hair gel in the eyes of a St. Josephs player. I've heard the term play dirty but don't get caught, but isn't there some boundaries? I hope the refs can keep this under control from this point on. Ice Cold Lover Out

"Get off the tracks when the train's comin..."
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/15/10 07:14 AM
Oh by the way catscratch. Irmo only beat beaufort 2-1 getting their go ahead goal from a pk. So obviously beaufort is a talented team.
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/16/10 01:18 AM
Pinewood Prep 8-0 Hilton Head Prep
Hilton Head, SC
Pinewood Prep 8-2 Hilton Head Christian
Summerville, SC
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/17/10 01:45 PM
Pinewood Prep vs Porter 3/19
Pinewood Prep vs Cardinal Newman 3/20
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/17/10 07:22 PM
looking forward to see how the SCISA 1-2-3 rankings turn out after this week
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/17/10 07:48 PM
Well I guess we would get an honest assessment of the game on Saturday..
Posted By: EagleMan25 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/19/10 01:58 PM
Florence Christian 5
Laurence Manning 0
Posted By: Birch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/20/10 02:21 AM
Pinewood Prep 2
Porter Gaud 1
4-3Pks

Pinewood was up 1-0 at half time. Porter equalized with 30seconds to play. Game went into overtime then Pk's
Great game from Porter tonight. Pinewood play Cardinal Newman at 1.00pm Pinewood Field
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/20/10 03:45 AM
Cardinal Newman 2

Academic Magnet 1

Great game by AM. Great atmosphere with the dirty bird drum line!

Congrats to Coach Bennage on his 500th win last week. And a BIG thank you for all you have done to promote HS soccer!
Posted By: Liverpool12105 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/20/10 04:16 AM
St. Joes over Heathwood Hall 3-0. HH came out strong in first 10 minutes and looked sharp but after score by Burnikel it was all SJ.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/20/10 07:48 PM
CN over pp 3-2 in OT
Posted By: FromThe18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 12:46 AM
Cardinal Newman Pinewood match went to PKs did not end in OT
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 03:14 AM
Do away with PKs..No dog in this match but I watched two teams play their hearts out to a tie..Both had advantages at times and to me..It was an even game..Why can't it end that way..No one lost or won today and PKs are just for show..Why does someone have to win? Can't we be satisfied with a hard fought even match..
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 03:43 AM
Pinewood = de-throned! Mwahahaha their little "legacy" is over.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 04:54 AM
dang... would like a recap on the cn pp game. but regardless pp seems to have loss a bit of swagger... should make the hammond cn game intersting!!!
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 05:41 AM
Liverpool or anyone else, there is a rumor floating around that Burnikel got seriously injured in the Heathwood vs. St. Joes game. Whats the truth?
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 12:39 PM
The truth is Pinewood is not as deep as they were in the past.. They are still a able force in the league. I saw them play yesterday and they just don't sit back and defend even when playing with a man down for the last ten minutes of the game and extra time.. Anyone thinking that they are not a good team would be surprised if not on their A game. Cardinal Newman Scored early from a Brilliant strike that set the tone for the game.. It was a fairly even game..

Let's remember this is high school soccer players graduate. .. This years Pinewood team have an extra hard task because of the standard set by other teams of the past..

Its not easy winning six companionship's in a row and I can understand why everyone would like to see Pinewood get beat..
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/21/10 03:41 PM
The Pinewood vs. Cardinal Newman game was a good one. Yes, there could be complaints about the officiating but there always are.

The only one I have is the yellow card that was given to a Pinewood player for drinking a Gatorade on the field while down 2-1 for "time wasting". The player then committed his 1st foul, which was yellow card worthy, but being sent off shouldn't of been the case.

Pinewood went down 2 starters, one on a soft red, and one on a straight red. The possession percentage was about even. It was a great effort by both teams.

Everyone is always looking to beat Pinewood, and Cardinal Newman succeeded, congrats on the win. I will be looking forward to watching the next meeting of these two teams.

Pinewood Prep: Goals- Brandon Phinney and Taylor Katsanis(Brandon Phinney)

Cardinal Newman: Goals- Nick O'Rourke and Joey Schiano

Posted By: DirtyMone Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/22/10 02:27 AM
I was not there, but talked to someone who was there. I heard he was carried off the field - his knee. I heard two HH players hit him high and low at same time and both benches cleared resulting in 9 or 10 yellow cards when it was all said and done. Heard it was extremely chippy leading up to that.

I hope it is not an ACL, but if anyone hears what the result of tests on his knee are, let us all know.
Posted By: LeGrazie Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/22/10 02:59 AM
Pinewood v CN was a very good game. Pinewood lost a starter on the double yellow (bizarre h.s. rule), and CN played without three starting players due to injuries and one being at US national team camp. Obviously, with the game going to p.k.s it was a real nail biter. Both teams have skilled players, and a lot of heart. A fun game to watch -- could have gone either way. I agree that the next game between these two will be worth watching.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/22/10 03:37 PM
Burnikel tore his acl, mcl and possibly a ligament in his knee. I would say its safe to say hes done for this year next years club season, and maybe even next year H.S.
Posted By: Manchester Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/23/10 01:36 AM
Terrible news about the ACL and broken foot Alex sustained. I know all of his school and CESA 92 teammates wish him the very best. Alex is a tough player and one of the most talented right backs you'll see play the game. If anyone can mount a complete recovery from this it's this young man.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/23/10 04:01 AM
Oh man that's terrible. I have torn my ACL and meniscus in the past. it Was not fun at all. Best of luck and hope he has a speedy and healthy recovery!
Posted By: Gentleman Dave Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/23/10 11:49 AM
the pp v cn game - i can see getting a yellow for wasting time if you are winning, but you cant really be wasting time if your team is losing. who got the straight red in that match and what for?
Posted By: icecoldlover Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/23/10 05:54 PM
Word on the street is that Joey Schiano of Cardinal Newman actually bribed the referees with 3 free slices of Schiano's pizza, thus resulting in the two red cards that were given to the Pinewood players. I don't blame the referees, that's an offer you can't pass up, but common couldn't they be a bit more professional. hope the ref's can get their act together and that Joey can just play fair. What's colder than being cold? ICECOLD! icecoldlover out
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/24/10 01:27 AM
Hammond 3
Heathwood Hall 0
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/24/10 02:31 AM
Are you sure it was pizza? I heard it was rare duck bacon, a surefire Italian Stallion delicatessen found on the golden hills of florence. I ate Schiano's Pizza the other day and oh boy oberto i thought i could fly, its like Papa Johns and Little Ceasers had a baby, initially named him mario, but realizing greatness was only attainable with the name Schiano. so after heavy court debates, Attorney Harrison Wayner obtained the name change, and the world of pizza would forever be changed.

On a less serious note, it has come to my attention that tighty Whities are now a mandatory dress code for scisa players due to Robert Beebe's slick coercion of Scisa officials threatening to save their son's PK shots in due time. I think this is outrageous especially for St Josephs who we have come to find have a tradition of wearing unwashed silk boxers with their names embroidered acoss the back. How will this effect team Chemistry?? Is this an advantage for Pinewood, a team notorious for Tighty Whities, I mean come on who are they fooling??? THEY ARE SPONSORED BY HANES UNDERPANTS!

Any thoughts?
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/24/10 02:38 AM
thats their secret advantage finally brought to light! thats how theyve done it these past years! who woulda knew.... just shatters my universe
Posted By: Liverpool12105 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/24/10 08:40 PM
Just returned from MRI where results showed it is a torn ACL. Game way way out of hand and the refs had no control. Burnikel personally had 3 yellow cards against him. He also broke his foot earlier in the game. He will have surgery next week and be back hopefully end of August.
Posted By: sweet feet Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/24/10 09:28 PM
Quote:

Just returned from MRI where results showed it is a torn ACL. Game way way out of hand and the refs had no control. Burnikel personally had 3 yellow cards against him. He also broke his foot earlier in the game. He will have surgery next week and be back hopefully end of August.

Wishing Burnikel a full and speedy recovery.

Liverpool was there contact when Burnikel tore his ACL and if so, was there a card issued?
Posted By: Liverpool12105 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/24/10 10:40 PM
Yes there was contact. There are cleat marks on the upper thigh and a bone bruise on the outer knee. A yellow card was issued.
Posted By: soccer17 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/25/10 08:20 PM
very unfortunate for burnikel, one of the best players in scisa. It's going to be interesting to see how St. Joe's does the rest of the year conseidering burnikel was their ENTIRE team.
Posted By: TRAVELER Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/25/10 09:30 PM
Burnikel personally had 3 yellow cards against him.

I hate to hear of anybody tearing an ACL and certainly wish Burnikel a speedy recovery. I have to ask, how can he still be playing with more than one yellow card, let alone three?
Posted By: HappyDaddy Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/25/10 09:45 PM
I read that to mean that three players had been cautioned for fouling him.
Posted By: TRAVELER Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/26/10 01:22 AM
That clears it up.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/28/10 09:22 PM
Any predictions for the Hammond vs. Cardinal Newman game on tuesday?
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/29/10 07:32 PM
No talk about the big upset last friday? My favorite team (guess who played an outstanding game and defeated St. Joes 2-0. St. Joes thought Ben Lippen was such a cake walk and even played a tourney game before hand. With precision passing and excellent communication, Ben Lippen was able to find the loopholes in the defense. I also want to congratulate the boys on keeping their heads during the very physical game, an attribute that will come in handy later in life!!
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/29/10 07:42 PM
And in terms of Hammond vs. Cardinal Newman, Newman better lock down the defense better than they did against BL as Ben Mandish, one of the underrated players in SCISA, ran all over them. Hopefully the bribing of pizza from Shiano and flinging of hair gel from Fernando will cancel each other out and produce an evenly matched battle with extremely unsportsmanlike behavior
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/30/10 02:32 AM
I love me some Schianos Pizza! Sprinkle some of Fernando's pure Colombian white powda on top and mmmmm.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 12:52 AM
CN hammond playing tonight looking for any score updates
Posted By: MidlandsKid Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 02:20 AM
CN 3
Hammond 0

I think that explains itself. Nice win CN.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 02:45 AM
Ayyyyyyy. Glad to see my lads on top! Glad to see CN beating Hammond. Oh do I miss those days but anyways clinical win!!!! Shout out to my bruh NickO with the two goals.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 03:55 AM
guess that leaves no question about whos on top in scisa
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 01:13 PM
I believe it still does leave a question to who's the top team in SCISA seeing as Pinewood lost in a horrible P.K shootout that finished 8-7. Anything could happen in the next meeting. I didnt get to see the Hammond/Cardinal Newman game, what was the analysis on that?

Pinewood- 2
Hilton Head High- 0

Pinewood scored both goals with in the first 8 minutes or so.

Goals- Justin White (Brandon Phinney) and Justin White (Taylor Katsanis)
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 01:52 PM
No. 1 Cardinals top No. 2 Skyhawks
The State
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 05:20 PM
I was at the hammond-cardinal newman game. It was dead even for 60 minutes. Both teams had some good looks on goal. Hammond hit crossbar a few times and cunningham made some great saves. The first goal cardinal newman scored was an own goal and Hammond sent troyer and fernando up top to get the equalizer and cardinal newman struck again on a easy goal by o'rourke. 3-0 doesnt really give a great representation of the game it was a close match..very intense. Congrats to CN.
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 05:59 PM
Cat Stratch it looks to me like ya'll got beat at home against CN. We all know how the refs are down there so based on my analysis ya'll are definitely not the number 1 team since ya'll loss. That match was played out last night and ya'll were no part of it.
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 06:20 PM
Not that it matters but 803 is a little off. Hammond had the play the first half, the rest speaks for itself:

Goals:

42:45 Mike Collins(Jono Cleary)
44:20 Nick O'Rourke (Kyle Maitland)
56:30 Nick O'Rourke ( Jono Cleary)
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 06:25 PM
Congrats to Cardinal Newman staff and players on two big wins. All preseason Hammond is touted as the number one team in SCISA.
I mentioned that Cardinal New is number One
Reasons – Cardinal Newman is # 1 - Because of better Coach. Will always get his team ready and organized
Hammond is #2 - Because coach cannot handle the pressure in the big game and the players full their coach. The team is the most talented of the three.
Pinewood # 3 - Because they lost too many experienced players from last year. Inconsistent play from current team

I saw both games, so excuses for the loss doesn’t matter at this stage 803baller

By the look of it this would be very close for anyone of these teams
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: SCISA 2010 - 03/31/10 07:05 PM
Congrats Coach Eudy......

Good stuff. You are definitely proving your coaching abilities.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/01/10 01:51 AM
Cardinal Newman 2 (overtime)
Dutch Fork 1

Not the best game by Cardinal Newman, Coach Eudy didn't seem too thrilled. Gotta give the credit to CN as they continue to find a way to get the win. CN didn't have that many chances while dutch fork hit crossbar and CN's goalie stopped a breakaway. First goal for CN was unintentional as a player on the wing tried to cross the ball and it chipped the keeper. DF had a wonderful strike from the top of the box and then CN scored off a flick header in overtime. Congrats to CN on the win.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/01/10 02:37 AM
If your saying i was off in regards to the time of the goal watever good call. I would say the rest of the post was pretty accurate. And soccer is life what does the players full their coach mean?? I would say adrian can handle big games considering Hammond beat pinewood last year and until then not one other scisa team in six years could say that
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/01/10 11:14 AM
803 I'm not going to argue over the stats.. Right now Cardinal Newman is the best team in SCISA. The coaching staff is doing a heck of a job. Hammond had two chances at Pinewood last season.. When it mattered most Pinewood won. You're right they did beat Pinewood
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/03/10 04:05 AM
Hammond 4
Wilson Hall 0

game was 4-0 at half, completely dominated by hammond
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/03/10 01:59 PM
Way to rebound..
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/04/10 04:37 AM
Pinewood to play in the Wildcat Classic Monday-Tuesday and then the Palmetto Cup Wednesday-Saturday.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/04/10 07:22 PM
Does anyone know how Pinewood did in those tournaments?
Posted By: Hatem Ben Arfa Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/05/10 11:56 PM
How did Pinewood Prep do against Frederica (GA) on Saturday? How about today in West Ashley's tournament?
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/06/10 04:17 AM
Pinewood beat Frederica 2-1 on Saturday, completely dominated the entire game just couldn't put it in the back of the net.

Pinewood then beat St. James today 5-0, resting alot of the starters throughout the game for they still have the Palmetto Cup to play in later this week.

They are to play West Ashley in the finals tomorrow night.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/07/10 01:17 AM
Pinewood dominated the final against West Ashley, scoring 2 early in the first half. In the second half, Pinewood scored another, and held it 3-0 for majority of the half, while resting players for the week ahead of them, the game finished out 3-2 with West Ashley scoring 2 last goals.

Pinewood will travel to Brookland-Cayce tomorrow to face northwestern at 12.
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/10/10 04:07 PM
Hammond 3
Heathwood 1

Great rivalry game
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/13/10 02:34 PM
Pinewood is to play Bishop England Friday at BE.
The biggest rivalry game of the year for both teams. Last year ended in P.K's and Pinewood won. The season before that Pinewood beat BE 1-0 at BE and 4-0 at home. This match should be a good one.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/14/10 03:34 PM
Hammond 3
St. Josephs 1

Hammond dominated the game without Fernando Posada allowing one goal off of a long free kick by austin bernikle that was deflected in. Braedon Troyer had 2, Matthew McClam had 1. # 17 from St. Joes scored.
Posted By: BOOM Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/15/10 02:20 AM

Hilton Head Prep 2
@ Pinewood Prep 6

Pinewood dominated the game, outstanding teamwork. Justin White scored 4 goals.
Posted By: EagleMan25 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/16/10 01:32 PM
Florence Christian 11
Orangeburg Prep 1
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/16/10 03:08 PM
Heathwood Hall 2
Ben Lippen 0
@ HH
Posted By: Birch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/17/10 12:08 PM
Pinewood Prep - 1
Bishop England - 0
@ BE
Goal Scored by Brandon Phinney
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/17/10 11:02 PM
Hammond 3
Ben Lippen 1

Score was 3-0 at half, goals scored by Braeden Troyer (2) and Pat Hutchison.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/20/10 01:04 PM
Pinewood - 4
Academic Magnet - 1
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/20/10 08:18 PM
uh seems as though pinewood has rebounded nicely from their early season slump. Lookout SCISA!!!
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/21/10 03:23 AM
Heathwood Hall 2
St.Joseph's 1
@ HH
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/22/10 05:17 AM
Hammond 10
Augusta Christian 0

Hammond starters scored 5 in the first 15 minutes and then came out. Hammond has scored 25 goals in the last 5 games.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/22/10 02:28 PM
yea against some pretty stiff competition too. Bin Lippen, Augusta Christian, Heathwood....
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/22/10 05:30 PM
Great input scholes...pretty sure were all aware of the overall competition in SCISA with the exception of 4, sometimes 5 teams. Its the fact that Hammond's finishing is beginning to peak as playoffs near and hopefully they can apply this in the next matchup against Sir Eudy and the almighty cards. Crazy things happen on that Hammond field, its about time we see another 30 min post game talk between an upset CN team and Eudy. Im not predicting this... but wont be suprised if it happens.
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/22/10 09:38 PM
Scholes18, I would appreciate it if you could at least spell my favorite teams' name right when you are bashing it. Also Heathwood? They have played some tough teams close. I was lucky enough to attend the game between Heathwood and Cardinal Newman as Ben Lippen had the night off and Cardinal Newman was extremely fortunate to beat them as Heathwood looked like the much better team for most of the game.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/23/10 12:12 AM
Hammond is to play Cardinal Newman on Saturday correct? Predictions?
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/23/10 01:54 AM
Hammond 3
Wilson Hall 1

Wilson hall scored off a penalty kick and a key player to hammond suffered a concussion on what looked like a headbutt straight to the forehead. But yes, Hammond plays @ Cardinal Newman @ 1:00
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/23/10 12:47 PM
No the game is at Hammond 1pm Saturday.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/24/10 09:29 PM
CN 2 hammond 1
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/25/10 12:01 PM
CN is the team to beat, no doubt about it after yesterday. Keep finding away to win matches
Posted By: 803Prodigy Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/25/10 06:44 PM
How can CN keep beating Hammond, when Hammond clearly has more skill?
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 01:19 AM
thats a good question. once the playoffs start it will be a tossup between hammond, cn, and pp
Posted By: 803Prodigy Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 01:33 AM
Heathwood isnt too bad either. The second time they played Hammond, it was a lot closer than the score looked.
Posted By: LeGrazie Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 01:37 AM
Heathwood is a good team. Kevin Graves has them playing smart soccer (best off-side trap of the season), and they are always competitive.
Posted By: 803Prodigy Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 01:38 AM
I agree. I dont know if Hammond could beat them three times in a row if it came down to it.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 02:57 AM
Quote:

How can CN keep beating Hammond, when Hammond clearly has more skill?

so your meaning to say Hammond "clearly has more skill" when CN has beaten them twice now at CN and at Hammond. hmmmmmmmmm you sir are a fool. CN has sooo many top notch quality players. Coach Eudy is one of the best coaches in the state. Hammond needs to get their weight up and maybe then just maybe you can say Hammond clearly has more talent. when all they have is.... Mcclam the ginger, good ball player sure but when it comes down to it wont be there when he needs to be. a Colobian man Fernando with a mansion and blythewood. hes got some skill but plays more for the back of his jersey and not the front. the only real player hammond has is braedon troyer. hes a quality player with a great knack for the game.. when CN has so many offensive threats and a powerful defense and the 2009 goalie of year. hmmmmmmm
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 02:34 PM
funny you should say that Gucci Mane considering several cardinal newman players admitted after the game that they were extremely lucky and capitalized on their two chances all game. I will give CN credit, because they somehow continue to find a way to win... Even the referees were talking about how Hammond was the far superior team in terms of style of play and possession. Cardinal Newmans style worked by playing a 60 yard long ball over the top for a one on one break away. The possession and shots on goal was not even close... Also, how can you say that about matthew and fernando when they both have around 10 goals on the season accompanied by the equal amount of assists...
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 02:41 PM
hey man a wins a win. if hammond is really that good then they will win when it counts. right now cn is gonna be region champs
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 03:38 PM
gucchi mane you are an idiot. Did you watch the hammond vs cardinal newman game. Hammond completly controlled the game. Cardinal newman really had two looks on goal one off of a hammond mistake due to the fact that the starting centerback was out with a concussion. If Cardinal Newman is such a good team with sooo many quality players and such a good coach why couldnt they even get the ball past midfield the whole second half. Cardinal newman is a disgrace to beautiful soccer ive seen rec league games with better passing and ball movement. Hammond is the better team Cardinal newman is the lucky team. Oh and by the way Matthew McClam crossed up two players and crossed it to fernando scoring on a scissor kick for hammonds goal so apparently mcclam does show up and fernando is on the same page as his teamates. you sir are a fool.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 04:21 PM
Quote:

If Cardinal Newman is such a good team with sooo many quality players and such a good coach why couldnt they even get the ball past midfield the whole second half. Cardinal newman is a disgrace to beautiful soccer ive seen rec league games with better passing and ball movement. Hammond is the better team Cardinal newman is the lucky team.

Holy crap! By Achmed's definition....the team that wins is the better team (however you git-r-done)
So if Hammond is more skilled and Willy and his boys still win....I would say that makes him a good coach.
One can try to argue with Achmed's logic, but one can not win.

Now......
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 06:15 PM
Quote:

gucchi mane you are an idiot. Did you watch the hammond vs cardinal newman game. Hammond completly controlled the game. Cardinal newman really had two looks on goal one off of a hammond mistake due to the fact that the starting centerback was out with a concussion. If Cardinal Newman is such a good team with sooo many quality players and such a good coach why couldnt they even get the ball past midfield the whole second half. Cardinal newman is a disgrace to beautiful soccer ive seen rec league games with better passing and ball movement. Hammond is the better team Cardinal newman is the lucky team. Oh and by the way Matthew McClam crossed up two players and crossed it to fernando scoring on a scissor kick for hammonds goal so apparently mcclam does show up and fernando is on the same page as his teamates. you sir are a fool.

Beautiful soccer!?!?! I'm tired of hearing that crap. Just win games/matches. You want beautiful soccer go check out my boys in La Liga, ie Real Madrid or Barca. Your a disgrace for not taking the 2 L's like a man...excuse me boy.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 07:55 PM
If you dont appreciate watching soccer being played beautifully the way its supposed to be played then obviously your not much of a fan of soccer. Achmed- Last saturday tottenham beat chelsea 2-1. Does that mean that tottenham is better than chelsea.. No. It just means that throughout the course of the game tottenham executed on their chances. I think most would agree chelsea is the better team and could beat them in another meeting. I give eudy credit his strategy works. I think its ugly though and i think that in the playoffs Hammonds skill and style of play will pay off. So I think all of yall should hop of CNs knob for two seconds.

Joga bonito
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 08:11 PM
Your probably on the end of trying to play beautiful and get the #### beat out of you trying to hang in there pinging it around. News flash buddy there are only 3 teams I can think of in SC that ping it around and are dominate. Teams that win have a relentless attack and put the ball in the back of the net. You sound like Eric Wynalda. Bum
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 08:43 PM
Was that even english you illiterate idiot? Who the f**k is Eric Wynalda? Cardinal Newman won and they didnt have close to a relentless attack, they didnt even cross midfield second half? So why dont you get your facts straight and bring a thesaurus next time you post so you dont say stupid stuff anymore. Thanks

Joga Bonito
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/26/10 08:54 PM
Word play's nothing playa. Gettin touchy there huh? Not use to getting what you want huh? Probably's gonna remain that way you bum.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 12:14 AM
BOW BOW BOW! 10-17 bricksqqquuuaaadddd! Hollla eyyyhh bruh why don't you just quit yo b******* and just accept the fact Hammond has lost twice to CN now. You can say all you want bout who had more posssesion or etc it don't mean shite. A win is a win. Get yo weight up you weak azzz bich.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 01:52 AM
Quote:

If you dont appreciate watching soccer being played beautifully the way its supposed to be played then obviously your not much of a fan of soccer. Achmed- Last saturday tottenham beat chelsea 2-1. Does that mean that tottenham is better than chelsea.. No. It just means that throughout the course of the game tottenham executed on their chances. I think most would agree chelsea is the better team and could beat them in another meeting. I give eudy credit his strategy works. I think its ugly though and i think that in the playoffs Hammonds skill and style of play will pay off. So I think all of yall should hop of CNs knob for two seconds.

Joga bonito

Holy Crap....803ball, you be idiot.
Wakflock and Achmed not even say anything positive about CN in our posts, but mr. potty mouth so paranoid in his delusional state that he assumes we did. Re-read them...idiot. Achmed tired of hearing...we played better...so tell us we're great, so I feel better. If you want to feel better...tell your boys to win.
Some teams know how to get-r-done and some don't.
So what is Hammond going to do different in the play-offs? That "playing better strategy" hasn't worked yet, why do you assume it will suddenly work now? Idiot!
Achmed never seen them give the state trophy to the team that played better...unless of course they win.
But at least one thing came out of your mindless post...Achmed now dislike Hammond!
Go Cardinal Newman!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BroseidonLordOfTheBrocean Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 02:05 AM
your right, apparently you don't have to play beautiful to win and congrats to CN on region champs, but until they finally follow through, their still just the first loser in SCISA
Posted By: 803Prodigy Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 02:05 PM
Hammond is a good team that can play soccer. CN has been able to slip past them twice which i will give them props about. I just dont think that it will happen again. The better team will come out on top. That being Hammond.
Posted By: brosefus Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 03:26 PM
It is Official.

The names:
wakaflockamyers
GUCCI MANE
SmallSODAMAN

are all priestly wizards of Cardinal Newman who have been payed by ZEUS himself to spend countless hours blogging on a forum in order to pick up ladies at Cardinal Newman High School. I congratulate you on your unprecedented rhetoric, your eccentric logic, and unfailing arguments. Your abilities to surpass your peers with phrases such as, "Get yo weight up you weak azzz bich," "Holy Crap....803ball, you be idiot," and "Word play's nothing playa" are talents truly intangible to mortals. So lads, continue on with your mysterious personas! Be somedbody you are not! The substance to your statements will forever prevail!

To conclude this post I would like to reveal perhaps the most brilliant comment in scsoccer history:

"Achmed never seen them give the state trophy to the team that played better...unless of course they win."

So smart, so serious, so beautiful. Your perpetually comical comments always just dominate your contemporary bloggers. So to you three, today is your day! Be fruitful and multiply!
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 03:35 PM
I'm glad you think so highly of me! Remember this is a message board you prick! You feel better now about yourself?
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 03:40 PM
maybe it's time we get a Budweiser Real Men of Genius commercial done just for them.......... "Here's to you
kings of blogging on scsoccer forums....without your infinite wisdom droves of scsoccer.com wannabe posters wouldn't have a clue what was really going on in the state of SC soccer......"
Posted By: shut^&play Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 04:18 PM
Or you old money hammond sciser's could go and actually win a game that matters...

Just a thought.

Shut^&Play.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 04:21 PM
Quote:

To conclude this post I would like to reveal perhaps the most brilliant comment in scsoccer history:

"Achmed never seen them give the state trophy to the team that played better...unless of course they win."

Thank you, Achmed like this one too!!! Especially when pointing out man child whining about "We Played Better, but didn't win"
But Achmed prefer his "Achmed tired of hearing...we played better...so tell us we're great, so I feel better. If you want to feel better...tell your boys to win" statement.

I notice you left off 803baller and his "yall should hop off NCs knob for two seconds" statement.
That's pretty brilliant too!!!
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 04:22 PM
I've never even set foot on the campus of Hammond - but I do know Erik "coach I can throw the fade" Kimery has a heck of a football program over there!
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 04:33 PM
Who do you think will meet in the finals this year?
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 04:41 PM
never count out them old money Pinewood Prep sciser's they always seem to win the ones that matter - but Eudy is due and he seems to get his teams to leave every ounce of talent and energy they have on the field.
Posted By: TugJobber Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 04:45 PM
Somebody say old money?
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 05:23 PM
Quote:

I've never even set foot on the campus of Hammond - but I do know Erik "coach I can throw the fade" Kimery has a heck of a football program over there!

The only thing I know about them is the Rev. Al Sharpton will be visiting there soon about some sort of Racial uproar that took place there. Oh yeah Erik use to dump those passes to Mike Gasparado in the spread formation.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 05:32 PM
Quote:

It is Official.

The names:
wakaflockamyers
GUCCI MANE
SmallSODAMAN

are all priestly wizards of Cardinal Newman who have been payed by ZEUS himself to spend countless hours blogging on a forum in order to pick up ladies at Cardinal Newman High School. I congratulate you on your unprecedented rhetoric, your eccentric logic, and unfailing arguments. Your abilities to surpass your peers with phrases such as, "Get yo weight up you weak azzz bich," "Holy Crap....803ball, you be idiot," and "Word play's nothing playa" are talents truly intangible to mortals. So lads, continue on with your mysterious personas! Be somedbody you are not! The substance to your statements will forever prevail!

So smart, so serious, so beautiful. Your perpetually comical comments always just dominate your contemporary bloggers. So to you three, today is your day! Be fruitful and multiply!

im flattered by your sweet comments. basically CN is the better team its been proven twice and can and will be proven again. Eudy and his squad will win the crown this year!
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 05:45 PM
Quote:

Actually a rather incisive insight that cuts right to the heart of the question...it's the kind of obvious satirical comment that puts me in mind of Mark Twain or perhaps Ambrose Bierce. Seems I recall the same kind of "ugly soccer" comments being raised about the UNC women's team on their way to another national championship.

Flame away...not only am I impartial, I'm wearing my asbestos long johns.
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 06:45 PM
That's gotta itch!!
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 07:29 PM
Cardinal Newman and Hammond should just play each other for the championship.. Pinewood Prep doesn't have a say in this argument..
Posted By: Always Right Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 07:32 PM
Is it true that St. Joseph's from Greenville is joining the High School League next year for all sports? Some folks mentioned it earlier that they'll be 1A.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/27/10 09:00 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Actually a rather incisive insight that cuts right to the heart of the question...it's the kind of obvious satirical comment that puts me in mind of Mark Twain or perhaps Ambrose Bierce. Seems I recall the same kind of "ugly soccer" comments being raised about the UNC women's team on their way to another national championship.

Flame away...not only am I impartial, I'm wearing my asbestos long johns.

See brosefus....Coach Chass gets it, and he is wise beyond his years.
Posted By: Cayman Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/28/10 12:14 AM
Ha Ha Ha...I'm laughing at you fools. Take that whining over to the girls forum. It's not going to get that loss back.

Now, I'm not affiliated with either team, but I do have a little knowledge to drop.

The 5th year seniors for CN are 49-5 in region play. If they win tomorrow night they will be 20-0 over the last two years. The last time they lost at home was to Hammond in 2008 when Jordan Troyer(Brosiedon) dropped 4 on them. Over the last two years CN is 4-0 against Hammond with the aggregate being 11-2. That's not luck boys.

So you should have won one game. One. The fact is, good teams find ways to win. Stop whining and go prove that your better on the field. Because at the end of the day, goals are what matter. It doesn't have to be pretty.
Posted By: Cayman Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/28/10 12:16 AM
Oh Yeah...Achmed makes more sense than anyone. He's got it right.
Posted By: 803Prodigy Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/28/10 02:03 AM
Cat Scratch, I believe that Hammond and either Heathwood or CN will end up in the championship. Pinewood is a good team, but they can be beat in the semi's or before.
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/28/10 04:17 AM
i would not rule out pp with 5 state championships(or is it 6) in a row. i believe cn is the best team in scisa having beat both pp and hammond, but once the playoffs start it is anyones to have.
Posted By: the other man Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/29/10 02:58 PM
You cannot rule out Porter Gaud who just beat Heathwood and has a record of 17-3. They have to be in the mix!!!
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/29/10 07:20 PM
Porter Gaud is dangerous, I see they are playing Pinewood Prep tonight. 16-3 record beating Academic Magnet and Heathwood recently
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/30/10 02:38 AM
Pinewood - 4
Porter Gaud - 1
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/30/10 06:07 PM
SCISA Quarter Finals
Monday, May 3rd

#1.Cardinal Newman vs. #8.Hilton Head Christian
#4.Porter Gaud vs. #5. Heathwood Hall
------------------------------------------------
#2.Pinewood Prep vs. #7.Flo.Christian or Wilson Hall (loser of game played today)
#3.Hammond vs #6.Wilson Hall or Flo. Chistian (winner of game played today)
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 04/30/10 06:12 PM
Seems like CN have an easy path to the championship.. Great work all season.. A new Champion will be crowned this year.. Hammond over Pinewood in Semifinal.. CN v Hammond 3.. Lets see who would win the big one..
Posted By: EagleMan25 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/01/10 01:37 AM
Florence Christian 3
Wilson Hall 1

FC won the Region Title and looks like they will be playing Hammond on Monday Night.
Posted By: 803baller Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/01/10 05:15 PM
Hell yea soccerislife. That would be an awesome game. It would be a war.
Posted By: Benlippen4life Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/01/10 06:41 PM
I dont think Cardinal Newman and Hammond should look too far past their semifinal games. Both teams, especially Hammond with a likely matchup with Pinewood, would be facing some tough competition. Also, heard the championship game is going to played at Stone Stadium.
Posted By: pnedvedpcrouch2391 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/03/10 09:03 AM
Agreed, i think Heathwood's a team that could surprise people in the playoffs
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/03/10 05:24 PM
pnedvedpcrouch2391 my old nemesis. we meet again...
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/03/10 05:39 PM
CN vs HHC has been moved to Tuesday May 4th at 4pm at CN.
Posted By: pnedvedpcrouch2391 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/03/10 07:30 PM
Scholes18.....
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/03/10 09:27 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU&feature=related goes perfect you guys
Posted By: EagleMan25 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/04/10 12:45 AM
Pinewood 6
Wilson Hall 0
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/04/10 03:08 AM
Heathwood 2
Porter Gaud 1
@ Porter Gaud
Posted By: fifa2010 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/04/10 03:31 AM
Hammond 3
Florence Christian 0

Hammond will play at Pinewood on wednesday for the state semi-finals.
Posted By: icecoldlover Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/04/10 03:45 PM
Spitters are Quitters. Keep it clean Hammond. My only advice to give Pinewood is to wear goggles. IceColdLover out
Posted By: soccerislife Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/04/10 07:34 PM
Can you please expand?
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/05/10 02:33 AM
Hammond girls and Hammond boys are to travel to Pinewood on Wednesday May 5. The girls will play the first round playoff game at 4:30 and following that match up will be the semi-finals at 6:30. Pinewood Prep vs. Hammond. Should be an exciting game to watch.
Posted By: Birch Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/06/10 01:48 AM
Pinewood Prep - 2
Hammond - 1

Game was tied at half.. Pinewood Prep went up 2-o, with goals by Thomas Ferro and Jarrett Londergan
Hammond got a Pk for a hand ball with 10mins to go.

Game was very spirited from the first whistle to the end.
Hammond had the better run of play in the first half, Pinewood had more goal scoring chances. Second half Pinewood controlled the proceedings until the PK was awarded, then the game got interesting..

Hammond was well prepared, the players played hard and played some good soccer hats off to Coach Adrian.
Posted By: greenacres Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/06/10 03:02 AM
I heard the match was more than spirited, supposedly there was an all out brawl that required the police. Anyone got details?
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/06/10 03:35 AM
pinewood blows major wood... their dynasty is over. its cardinal newmans time, they are way to strong and ready for this. pinewood is donezos!!!!!
Posted By: Scholes18 Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/06/10 05:29 AM
oh no not another PP-CN final. hopefully this time it'll will pass without a horrible ref call making the decision.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/06/10 01:08 PM
Pinewood won when it mattered and will be in the SCISA 3A State Championship for the 7th year in a row.
Posted By: oldskoolpinewood Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/06/10 02:04 PM
Quote:

I heard the match was more than spirited, supposedly there was an all out brawl that required the police. Anyone got details?

It was a very spirited match. Hammond played very, very well but simply could not create enough scoring opportunities.

Green Acres, you heard the grossly-hyperbolic version of events. A single Hammond player momentarily lost his composure after the match and "jumped" a Pinewood player. The officials and coaches did a great job preventing "an all out brawl." There was no law enforcement involvement nor was there need for any. The Hammond player was red-carded for his post-match conduct. He did appear sincere in his contrition when he apologized to Pinewood coaches before boarding the Hammond bus. He's a very talented player who let his frustration over a tough loss get the better of him.
Posted By: cat scratch Re: SCISA 2010 - 05/09/10 07:47 PM
From the start of the season, to the state championship final, this very young Pinewood team has grown a lot.

This team consisted of 2 8th graders, 5 freshmen, 2 sophomores, 7 juniors, and 2 seniors.

With the seniors graduating and new players coming in, on top of the state championship experience the younger players were able to endure, I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out next season.

Through the past 7 championships, the game played on Saturday was seen to be the toughest of them all. Great efforts by Cardinal Newman.
© SC Soccer