SC Soccer
A lot of rumors going around about who will make it to the finals next year in Columbia... whose got predictions?
This is what I've been hearing around the forum for predictions for the 2010-2011 Boys Varsity Soccer season

4A: Irmo v. Mauldin
3A: Eastside v. Brookland-Cayce
2A: Bishop England v. Emerald
1A: Up in the air... Christ Church?
I understand that NW will not have the same offensive fire power that they have had in the past; however, I can assure that Coach Wren will formulate a strategy to compensate for that. Their defense will be a much more talented an experienced group with Kevin Ray as their anchor. Garbanzo will have to pay a huge roll next season since I have seen nothing from NW's substitutes. I do believe that they have some very talented freshman midefielders coming up from JV. I am taking NW vs Irmo in upperstate (Irmo is moving to upperstate) and Wando vs Lexington in lowerstate
Manchester,
Irmo and Mauldin will both be in the Upper State next year. The Upper State will be very strong next year:
I
Easley
Greenwood
Laurens
T.L. Hanna
Westside
Woodmont
Wren
II
Boiling Springs
Byrnes
Dorman
Hillcrest
J L Mann
Mauldin
Riverside
III
Clover
Gaffney
Lancaster
Northwestern
Rock Hill
Spartanburg
IV
Blythewood
Dutch Fork
Irmo
Lugoff-Elgin (All sports except FB)
Richland Northeast
Ridge View
Spring Valley
The addition of JL Mann, Riverside, Irmo, and Dutch Fork will add a great deal of talent to the ususal contenders.

Hurst,
How do you like the 4th star?
Why do you believe BC is going to be so strong next year?
Love the 4th star, looks like you left some room for a few more.

Are you going to miss FM next year?
I am sure we will have the opportunity to play a match or two! So, I don't think miss will be the proper word. I am sure AAA isn't too excited about them dropping down!
Yes, Upper State next year will be very competitive. I bet that Upper State title game for 4A will be better than the championship because Irmo and Northwestern has always been a very physical game.

Is it also true that South Aiken is moving back up to 4A? Thats another rumor I haven't heard the answer too...?
Quote:

Yes, Upper State next year will be very competitive. I bet that Upper State title game for 4A will be better than the championship because Irmo and Northwestern has always been a very physical game.

Is it also true that South Aiken is moving back up to 4A? Thats another rumor I haven't heard the answer too...?

2011-12 SCHSL Realignment
http://www.schsl.org/2009/2010-2012%20Realignment.pdf

There is no "rumor". South Aiken, along with Ashley Ridge, Lugoff-Elgin, J.L. Mann, Riverside, and Woodmont will join Class 4A.

Berkeley, Fort Mill, Hartsville, Nation Ford, South Pointe, and York will drop from 4A to 3A. Cane Bay, Southside and Walhalla will move from 2A to 3A.

Lake City, North Charleston, Stall, and Swansea drop from 3A to 2A.
Quote:

Quote:

2011-12 SCHSL Realignment
http://www.schsl.org/2009/2010-2012%20Realignment.pdf

There is no "rumor". South Aiken, along with Ashley Ridge, Lugoff-Elgin, J.L. Mann, Riverside, and Woodmont will join Class 4A.

Berkeley, Fort Mill, Hartsville, Nation Ford, South Pointe, and York will drop from 4A to 3A. Cane Bay, Southside and Walhalla will move from 2A to 3A.

Lake City, North Charleston, Stall, and Swansea drop from 3A to 2A.

Ashley ridge from 2A to 4A, that's quite a jump!
Wow lots of movements coming up this year! Will there be any contention in the 3A Lower State now for Brookland-Cayce or Myrtle Beach now that South Aiken has moved up to 4A.

Once again the upstate will be strong, but any possibility of 2 titles in 3 years for the lower state?
Academic Magnet moves up to 2A.

The VOR
Lexington will have a very strong team next year. They have a few spots to fill but almost everyone is returning.
BC will not have the firepower to go to state. Chapin will drop to lower state and it will be between them and north myrtle... unless they get some amazing foreign excahnge students that they will rely on... BC isnt going anywhere. I believe Eastside and Chapin for 3A next year.. chapin graduated MANY big names but the youngins are exceptional as well
McLovin,
North Myrtle will have their hands full with Myrtle Beach next year for the region and lower state title since the Seahawks (I believe) will be returing 20 people off last years team and 10 starters. North Myrtle on the other hand lost their 3 leading scorers.

But I agree about Eastside since JL Mann and Riverside have moved out of the region and up into 4A. The lower state will have a great shot at returning the title back.
that is true. the seahawks had just two seniors graduate from last years squad. last years squad had just 2 seniors, 3 juniors on it. look for this team to win state titles in the upcoming years. Last years squad was very talented, but young. they will become better and better with experience. watch out 3a. here come the hawks
Silly Rabbit Tricks are for kids! Do you not realize with Chapin and S. Aiken being in the same region with BC previous years they have been a penalty kick and a goal in ot away from advancing to the State Championship game the past 3 out of 5 years. BC will always be in the talk regardless of who is in their region.

On a sidenote, I Am Mclovin you Swagger Jacked me you bum!
THIS MOTHA-F'er JACKIN SWAG OUT HERE MANE
The seahawks will be a threat next year if they can replace their sweeper. he was very talented and held the defense together. The offense wil be their stong part so if they can find a way to not let goals in they can be a state title contender.
Gators that was well said. I believe Myrtle Beach made the championship in '04 and '05 with a very strong offense. Next years team will resemble that same championship team in many ways.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Myrtle Beach
Record: 11-11
Goals Scored: 71
Goals Allowed: 35
3-8 in 1-goal games
Notable Wins: PP (1-0); Socastee (4-1)
Notable Losses: Summerville (0-1); Wando (0-4); BE (0-4); Socastee (1-2); NMB (0-1); WF (1-2); Waccamaw (1-2); NMB (0-1)
Seahawks have not won region since 2005
the defender you are talking about is Chris MacMurray. he was a frshman last year so he'll be around for 3 more years. he was named to the all state team
The defender i was talking about was Mark Hubbard from myrtle beach he was a senior this year and 2 time all region
sorry thought u were talking about hhi still. have you seen that macmurray kid play? hes a natural centerback and leader. not even a hhi fan and i love watching him play.
radio gaa gaa,

the incident that happened at the socastee game killed the myrtle beach seahawks season this year. i heard from a parent that has a son on the team that after they heard the playoffs were being taken away from them, they knew the season was shot.

plus those 8 games they lost by 1 could have probabley gone either way and with those they could of been 19-3. i guess we'll see next year.
© SC Soccer