SC Soccer
Posted By: shmasey Top 3a teams - 12/18/10 07:01 AM
who do you guys think will be the top teams in 3a. i think fort mill is going to go very far. what are your opinions?
Posted By: Import Re: Top 3a teams - 12/18/10 06:07 PM
Eastside and BC always tough. FM has some talent and status of a few players would have an impact.
Posted By: RWBfan8 Re: Top 3a teams - 12/30/10 04:38 PM
Ahhh I love when this time of year rolls around!!!! I expect Eastside looks to have upperstate in hand as of preseason. Lowerstate will be more of a battle. BC might have a chance but with Chapin moving back to lowerstate look out for their young team as well. North Myrtle might have a good shot at lowerstate as well
Posted By: bar25 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/07/11 05:59 AM
Wheres Achmed when you need him???

Let me throw some stats at you:

2009-2010: BC 1 - 4 SA

2009 Round 1 : BC 0 - 1 SA
2009 Round 2 : BC 1 - 2 SA

2010 Round 1 : BC 2 - 0 SA
2010 Round 2 : BC 1 - 2 SA (OT)
2010 Round 3 (Lower State Finals) : BC 1 - 2 SA (OT)

Also, the one win BC had? SA was out their best player who seemed to play a big roll in the first OT win and an even bigger one in the LSF.

Now they are gone. Who will you be hoping to beat this year just to be let down by the Bearcats and The Cage as always
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Top 3a teams - 01/07/11 01:15 PM
What are you trying to say? I'm confused. At first it looks like your argument is against BC with the cute South Aiken stats. Then it looks like it is positive towards BC with this "Who will you be hoping to beat this year just to be let down by the Bearcats and The Cage as always."

Consult your ELA teacher so we can clarify this. I hate to live in limbo.
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: Top 3a teams - 01/07/11 02:48 PM
Awwwww Here it goes!!
Posted By: wakaflockamyers Re: Top 3a teams - 01/07/11 02:52 PM
Heads on your shoulders Toby don't come back!
Posted By: The Chief Re: Top 3a teams - 01/07/11 09:10 PM
Quote:

Ahhh I love when this time of year rolls around!!!! I expect Eastside looks to have upperstate in hand as of preseason.

FM might be new to AAA but if Eastside is looking past them already, well I guess that's just fine. Look at the records and matchups from last year and tell me who looked better on paper? Eastside has solid history of good teams but FM has also been playing some good soccer against some tough teams, heck they have played the 4A state champs more than anyone else in the state over the past few seasons.
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 01/10/11 02:10 AM
Quote:

Also, the one win BC had? SA was out their best player who seemed to play a big roll in the first OT win and an even bigger one in the LSF.

So what was your excuse for losing the State Championship game? Goalie not paying attention to a J.L. Mann throw in 30 yds. from his net?

Not real sure what anything you said has to do with 3a, as you and Mann will be in 4a this year...
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 01/10/11 02:28 PM
That being said, I think Dreher and Chapin have a good opportunity to impress in their region as BC and Airport lost a good group of seniors. A.C. Flora should still be good for this season playing in this region.

It appears that the midlands region won't have a team qualify for playoffs by default this season...they'll all have to earn it.
Posted By: bar25 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/10/11 03:16 PM
The JL throw from thirty yards that actually went out at midfield? Hmm. The same one the refs didnt even understand? Hmm. The same goal that even the JL players questioned if counted? If you say the keeper wasnt paying attention then it looks like SCHSL needs to fire that whole crew of refs because they knew just as much about it.
Posted By: shirtless bernie Re: Top 3a teams - 01/10/11 03:39 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! gettin' hot in hurr. Bernie tryin' to take his shirt off
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 01/10/11 08:20 PM
Uhhh, play to the whistle? But hey, you lost by 2 so what do I know?
Posted By: Enduring Vision Re: Top 3a teams - 01/11/11 06:41 AM
The only reason it was 2 was because south aiken pushed up late and JL Mann had a counter attack. Which would of never of happened if the refs were paying attention to the first goal.
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/11/11 03:20 PM
So, what we're saying is, in part, that high school officials are incompetent? Once again, I'm shocked. Shocked!

I have watched (ad nauseam) poor officiating in high school basketball and football. Soccer is worst of all. I estimate that, last year, I watched approximately 40 high school matches. I'd estimate that the outcome of 5-8 was impacted by suspect officiating.

For a while, I thought itt was just my parental bias. Then, I watched 10-12 matches not involving mine, and I arrived at the same conclusion.

It stinks.

(Which is why you ALWAYS play to an audible whistle; you bust your tail to build an un-screwable margin; and you keep your mouth shut.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/11/11 04:51 PM
Backscreen,

Before you paint all HS soccer refs (as incompetent) with the same brush, how many of those 40 high school matches that you saw were played in York County?
Posted By: Realist Re: Top 3a teams - 01/13/11 08:27 PM
Quote:

(Which is why you ALWAYS play to an audible whistle; you bust your tail to build an un-screwable margin; and you keep your mouth shut.

I think that's very good advise. Especially the keep your mouth shut part.
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 01/15/11 10:33 PM
Cause there was no chance at all that Mann could counter had they not scored an undeserved goal. I gotcha, my bad.
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 01/15/11 10:35 PM
Coach used to tell us that you can't do anything about the refs, no matter how bad or good they were. Just something you couldn't guarantee. You had to go out there and play mistake free soccer.

I've seen some referees show up 20 minutes into a game and immediately start calling things wrong. What made matters worse was that he was wearing a bad bandana and danced around like the karate kid. Terrible.

Then you have the guys who can't even make a call in plain english. Trying to make a call using the thickest of Russian/Ukraine accent and telling you to shut up.

But then you have pretty good refs like Cameron Azzad (sp?) who even makes mistakes, but still controls the game like he is supposed to.
Posted By: Salt and Pepper Re: Top 3a teams - 01/18/11 01:35 PM
There seems to be a lot of talk about Brookland-Cayce and the upstate boys, but how about the Myrtle Beach boys.

In the lower state, as far as I'm concerned, there is a lot of talk about them possibly making a run this year. That is it is their only shot. I believe 11 seniors. Anybody know anything about it???
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 01/18/11 06:41 PM
Beach teams pretty much go without saying. So is it MB or NMB that have 11 seniors? Either way they'll be good this season.
Posted By: McHenry Re: Top 3a teams - 01/18/11 07:41 PM
In the Lower State it seems to be a crap-shoot! No great teams, but some pretty good ones - no particular order: AC Flora, Bluffton, Brookland-Cayce, Chapin, Hilton Head Island, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, and Socastee. Appears to be wide open!
Posted By: Salt and Pepper Re: Top 3a teams - 01/19/11 01:04 AM
Myrtle Beach:

Graduated: 5 - 2 starters
Returning: 20 - 9 starters

(11 seniors) + (JV team went 14-0)

North Myrtle Beach:

Graduated: 9 - 8 starters
Returning: ? - 3 starters

Looks like Myrtle Beach has a good squad returning this year. They play Chapin in a scrimmage in the second game so they should know how good they are right off the bat.
Posted By: Chevy Chase Re: Top 3a teams - 01/19/11 03:02 AM
What's the scuttlebutt on Eastside and Greenville this year? Now that Mann and Riverside are gone, I expect one of them to challenge. What's Fort Mill moving down going to do to 3A? How about Daniel and that region?
Posted By: The Chief Re: Top 3a teams - 01/19/11 12:55 PM
While FM moving into 3A should make the Upstate teams take a little more notice of the York county area, do not forget that Nation Ford and South Pointe are also coming to 3A. While neither of these schools has FM's history they both have put some good teams on the pitch the last couple of years, playing at 4A, and can be expected to provide some challenge to upstate 3A teams they face.
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/19/11 03:41 PM
It will be interesting to see how Chapin will do this year. Hiller will definitely have his hands full after graduating 11 seniors, 10 of which were starters. There is ton of talent at Chapin but it looks to be a younger group this year.
Posted By: RWBfan8 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/21/11 09:34 PM
Chapin has had spurts of large groups graduating at a time but still find a way to make it challenging for everybody else in lowerstate. Just look after 2008 when they lost in the State Championship and lost 9 of the starting 11 to graduation and then last year when they played pretty good in upperstate losing 11 seniors is never easy to rebuild from, but we will see how this young bunch do. I however see MB being the team to represent lowerstate this year in the big game. They look to be a solid bunch this year
Posted By: Salt and Pepper Re: Top 3a teams - 01/22/11 12:45 PM
I second that RWBfan8, they have great leaders in South Carolina United team players Sr. Hart Zwing and Jr. Ryan Arambula.

Although it is only a scrimmage, Chapin vs. Myrtle Beach in early February should be a great matchup. And quite possibly could be the lowerstate game.
Posted By: Wits End Re: Top 3a teams - 01/30/11 09:56 PM
Don't like the officiating? Take the course and become one yourself, but don't just take the high school test because the SC High School League teaches you NOTHING. You should take the USSF course first and start off with the U12 youth games. Trust me, it's not as easy as you think.

Also, how many of these poorly officiated games had a 2-man system? This system stinks and should be eliminated from varsity soccer, expecially the higher level games. The referees miss too many calls when there is only 2 of them on the pitch. And please don't spew the same old rhetoric about money. Referees are paid peanuts and the schools can afford one extra referee. If nothing else, they should get a 3rd man for Region games.

Are there less than adequate referees? Of course, just like there are less than adequate players and coaches, but that's part of the game. You have to be able to play/coach to that referees technique.
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: Top 3a teams - 01/31/11 06:12 PM
FWIW, I recently had the opportunity to overhear about 15 minutes of verbal give-and-take at the end of a certification session, during which a visibly overweight "veteran" official whined about the poor work by teenaged ARs. in my opinion, poor officiating is the scourge of all youth soccer, and more often than not, it's the self-important veterans on cruise control who are to blame.

Want to clean up officiating?

1) Annual required minimal fitness test.
2) Annual on-site, in-game evaluation by fellow officials.
3) Random on-site, in-game evaluation by anonymous panel of club/high school coaches.
Posted By: NAHSsoccer Re: Top 3a teams - 02/01/11 03:20 AM
MIDLAND VALLEY MIGHT BE GOOD THIS YEAR
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 02/01/11 12:23 PM
Don't know. Maybe in the rest of your schedule but what about in region?
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/03/11 07:06 PM
Airport or BC. Everyone's opinion?
Posted By: Notsofastfriend Re: Top 3a teams - 02/03/11 07:52 PM
^Neither
Posted By: SJE Soccer Pro Re: Top 3a teams - 02/03/11 08:16 PM
Airport? BC? Really? If your talking about those teams then you forgot to mention OW.. I mean theyre in the same skill level...
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 02/03/11 11:20 PM
Since when did White Knoll become such a powerhouse? I forgot...they haven't. Didn't you clowns lose your best player to a private school? Don't you always complain about your coach and attribute that as the reason you lose games? I'm sorry, but White Knoll has just about as many thugs as OW. One would think that you would have more compassion for your thug life counterparts...they are your sister school after all.
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/03/11 11:27 PM
- - -
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/03/11 11:33 PM
Airport shows a lot of promise from what I hear, one of BC's best players is with them now. Honestly Airport will do good this year, they should be able to beat all the teams in their region. Midland Valley, LR, Chapin, Flora, BC, Dreher...
Posted By: Ray Finkel Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 12:14 AM
Whose this kid? Chris Ramirez? Please tell me that you're talking about Raymond Carter...what a hair line!
Posted By: Zebra Hunter Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 02:25 PM
I think airport getting a transfer is good every now and then considering b.c. signs a hand full of european free agents every off season. Gotta keep up with the competition
Posted By: Notsofastfriend Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 03:18 PM
Quote:

Airport shows a lot of promise from what I hear, one of BC's best players is with them now. Honestly Airport will do good this year,

IF they have been released by their coach from whom they came from.
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 06:56 PM
That wasn't even a complete sentence...you set it up with an introductory clause but didn't explain anything. Good try though. If you are going to say something at least make it sensible.
Posted By: Ray Finkel Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 06:57 PM
Agreed. And who would want to leave BC for Airport?
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 06:59 PM
I mean they are both okay teams, although BC should blow them out of the water this year. I guess he got tired of being the best one out there for y'all.
Posted By: Ray Finkel Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:04 PM
Don't know this kid, must not have been that good or else I would have gotten an update on my phone!
Posted By: Notsofastfriend Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:06 PM
Quote:

That wasn't even a complete sentence...you set it up with an introductory clause but didn't explain anything. Good try though. If you are going to say something at least make it sensible.

When you are out of bullets, I reckon you should throw the gun.
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:06 PM
- - -
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:08 PM
Oh good, another Crescent II kid.
Posted By: SJE Soccer Pro Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:09 PM
- - -
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:09 PM
actually they both play academy...green isn't a very good color on you.
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:14 PM
Seems to be Adams biggest supporter, probably Adam himself?
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:17 PM
No man I wish I was him, that would be a dream come true. I'm just a poor kid from Bangladesh.
Posted By: That Guy Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:21 PM
I'm afraid you'd be selling yourself short, then again maybe not
Posted By: ILIKESOCCER Re: Top 3a teams - 02/04/11 07:44 PM
- - -
Posted By: Ray Finkel Re: Top 3a teams - 02/05/11 10:06 PM
with holes cut out I'm sure...
Posted By: BennyHampton Re: Top 3a teams - 02/05/11 11:37 PM
Quote:

Airport shows a lot of promise from what I hear, one of BC's best players is with them now. Honestly Airport will do good this year, they should be able to beat all the teams in their region. Midland Valley, LR, Chapin, Flora, BC, Dreher...

I dont know about all that, Lets be honest Airport is a mediocre team at best, they lack the talant to really compete with the top teams this year,if they play great then they might get in the top 15 but thats still a stretch with the current squad they have, the only real talent they have this year is Garret Simms, but besides him the players are in the range of average-poor, thats my opionion from what i have seen from there returners this year, two words to sum up the airport soccer team would be Needs Improvement!,
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: Top 3a teams - 02/07/11 06:56 PM
Which Academy side does Beale play for?
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: Top 3a teams - 02/16/11 03:58 AM
CUFF YO CHICK
Posted By: Marcus H. Re: Top 3a teams - 02/16/11 02:18 PM
BRR
Posted By: jogaforever Re: Top 3a teams - 02/16/11 11:34 PM
Airport honestly lost EVERYTHING that they had going for them last year. The only decent player on the whole squad is Garrett.
Posted By: Soccer16 Re: Top 3a teams - 02/17/11 02:11 PM
Good luck winning region Airport. No disrespect to Garrett but he won't be able to carry his team.
© SC Soccer