SC Soccer
Posted By: Cesc_Fabregas AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/17/11 03:57 AM
Will it be more of the same with Irmo and NW or will a Mauldin or someone be able to pull something off?
Posted By: Import Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/17/11 05:23 PM
I don't believe it will be the slam dunk as in the past. There could be a few teams from Region 2 that make some serious noise. Looking at Lexington having a slight edge coming out of Lower.
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/17/11 10:41 PM
what about the usuals in the lowerstate like summerville wando and fort d? how are they this year?
Posted By: Hatem Ben Arfa Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/17/11 10:47 PM
Quote:

what about the usuals in the lowerstate like summerville wando and fort d? how are they this year?

Believe this starts and ends with Wando. Only challenger in Lower State this year might be Lexington or perhaps South Aiken. Irmo and Northwestern are both Upper State!
Posted By: FromThe18 Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/18/11 06:35 PM
What about Beaufort? Havent they won Region 8 3 out of the last 4 years? and made it to 3rd round in 2 of the years including last year?
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/18/11 06:43 PM
It may start with Wando, but it certainly doesn't end there. Lexington should be very competitive. I think Fort D could be pretty good -- Lamoreux, Eads, a couple of pretty good jayvee kids last year. Beaufort? Maybe. I see Ashley Ridge as a darkhorse newcomer to the Class AAAA ranks. And Summerville has a new coach, rght?
Posted By: Chevy Chase Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/19/11 03:00 AM
In the Upper State, I'll go out on a limb and say the winner of Northwestern/Irmo goes to the final! In the Lower State, I definitely think this is Wando's to lose. They're loaded and way over due for a championship game.
Posted By: That Guy Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 01/19/11 03:05 AM
I'll agree with it's Wando's to lose in lower state. I also think Lexington should be able to make a push, although I admit I don't know much about their team makeup. Just seems that a school that size and with their resources, they should be able to make a push for the final.
Posted By: papageorgio90 Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 02/17/11 09:18 PM
I think the state playoffs this year will be pretty awesome especially when it comes to the upperstate and lowerstate final. Irmo and Northwestern should easily take the upperstate, and I see Lexington and Wando fighting it out for lowerstate. In the final I believe that Irmo will face Lexington (which would make for a good final since the two schools are big rivals in the first place), and I think Lexington will pull off the win. Although I am making these predictions early I believe that it will be accurate. Good luck to all of the teams!
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 02/18/11 12:13 AM
They will do well I believe, they have some size and speed and like to attack with outside backs. I believe they are a bit young this year but they could make some noise.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 02/18/11 02:20 AM
too bad lexington just lost to Cardinal Newman... Wando would run over Lexington in the lowerstate final
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 02/18/11 09:58 AM
Quote:

They will do well I believe, they have some size and speed and like to attack with outside backs. I believe they are a bit young this year but they could make some noise.

Dutch Fork that is.
Posted By: soccerfanatic6 Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 02/20/11 11:25 PM
I think that Dutch Fork will have a decent chance this year! With many of thier JV players (their JV had an amazing season last year) soon moving up to varsity Irmo and Chapin better watch out! Sonn Dutch Fork will be claiming their turff!
Posted By: Barcelona10 Re: AAAA Upperstate Predictions? - 02/22/11 02:50 AM
Rooney, Dutch Fork will have to grow first before even thinking about a State Championship, you're right they had a GOOD JV team, now we stepping up with the big boys and is not easy. No chance.
© SC Soccer