SC Soccer
Posted By: GUCCI MANE TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 01:10 AM
who are the top goalies in the state. year and what team do they play for?
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 02:53 AM
I know all the usual suspects will get mentioned but the young man who is the Varsity keeper did an excellent job tonight. He made some amazing saves and kept the score from being far worse.
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 02:55 AM
Quote:

I know all the usual suspects will get mentioned but the young man who is the Varsity keeper did an excellent job tonight. He made some amazing saves and kept the score from being far worse.

From Richland Northeast
Posted By: Cesc_Fabregas Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 04:15 AM
sam faris is fantastic
Posted By: Barcelona10 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 04:43 AM
Sam Faris is a great goal keeper and NHS wouldn't be as good without him.
Posted By: Brock Scott Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 08:19 AM
The goalie from Midland Valley is an exceptional athlete in the goal. HUGE goal kicks and punts. Also a very solid field player.

* Will post his name when I find roster.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 10:57 AM
Quote:

The goalie from Midland Valley is an exceptional athlete in the goal. HUGE goal kicks and punts. Also a very solid field player.

* Will post his name when I find roster.

His name is Manny Medina (SR) and I could not agree with you more - very good goalkeeper and field player!
Posted By: Germany Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 12:30 PM
Thanks for the compliment on Manny - the problem is when he is in goal we lack depth in the field and when he is in the field we lack experience in the goal. He has really been tested in goal this year.
Posted By: TugJobber Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 02:14 PM
Since we're naming GOALIES I'll rattle off a few of my fav's

Patrick Roy
Marty Brodeur
Marc-Andre Fleury

And who could forget possibly the greatest net-minder of all time. "The Dominator" Dominik Hasek.
Posted By: Torres Chelsea's Number 9 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 06:37 PM
The Dorman Keeper is quality as well
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/23/11 07:13 PM
Bouche is a good goalie to bad he lost in a shoot out last night.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 01:37 AM
Timmy Cunningham for Cardinal Newman is outstanding
and Robert Beebe for Pinewood Prep is great. (he signed with South Carolina)
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 03:23 PM
If there's a great keeper at Dorman, should he be known as "Dorman-ator"? (Homage to Hasek.)
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 03:25 PM
The goalkeeper at Carolina Forest is very good as well. I believe his name is Chris Glodack.
Posted By: Backscreen17 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 05:03 PM
Don't know his name, but I would concur. Good get, Kevin.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 06:23 PM
That guy at Carolina Forest is extremely good. His field presence and feet being his best attributes. He will do well at the next level with the command he has on a game.
Posted By: Celtic9 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 07:27 PM
Zach Woolever, Dorman Keeper
Posted By: WheresYourPapers Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 09:34 PM
ben gause for dreher is great and only a sophmore
Posted By: elprofe Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/24/11 10:25 PM
Dorman---Z. Woolover
Brynes---T. Eggers
Wade Hampton---G. Aucoin
Mauldin's---???
but the best I have seen is Alex Young of Greenville. He could be the best fld player or keeper wherever he plays.
Posted By: charles9 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/25/11 03:26 AM
Rob Sullivan- IRMO
Posted By: socdad Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/27/11 02:05 AM
I have heard that Irmo has 5 goalies on the squad who all play at the "elite" level in the club season. Most if not all would be starters on most teams.

Whoever Savitz starts must be a pretty good keeper because Savitz has forgotten more soccer than most of us on here (certainly myself included)would claim to know.
Posted By: SJE Soccer Pro Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/27/11 02:25 PM
Sophmore starter for Airport. His name is Daniel Islas.

He doesn't stand out much because of their record but if not for him Airport would have been scored ten times more if he wasn't their. Excellent keeper that gives it his all and never quits. Would be an excellent keeper for any team out there.
Posted By: gadudensc Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/27/11 03:04 PM
Will Victor of Aiken is showing well.
Posted By: bar25 Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/27/11 03:31 PM
Will Victor is a much improved keeper from years past. Still nothing compared to the young goalie across his town, but he is a very good and has been way better now then in the past.
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: TOP GOALIES - 03/28/11 10:39 AM
Quote:

Dorman---Z. Woolover
Brynes---T. Eggers
Wade Hampton---G. Aucoin
Mauldin's---???
but the best I have seen is Alex Young of Greenville. He could be the best fld player or keeper wherever he plays.

Mauldin- Evan Roger
Posted By: chelseablues Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/03/11 02:27 PM
I really think SCISA has some top goalkeepers this year with: Robert Beebe, PP, and Timmy from CN
Also, as I went and watched the Wando tournament earlier this year, Pinewood's second string goalkeeper had a great second half in the championship game, he should be a solid keeper later on
Posted By: Manchester Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/03/11 04:35 PM
Gotta give a shout out for our IRMO keep 'Sulley'. Fortunately, he's not tested much, but when he is he's spot on.
Posted By: morethanyouthink Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/04/11 02:10 AM
Congratulations to Carolina Forest Keeper - Chris Glodack on making the Clash of the Carolinas Team.

Not sure but I guess that means you are pretty close to the top in South Carolina.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/04/11 12:18 PM
Yes, yes it does. And congrats to Glodack. He'll represent us extremely well this summer.
Posted By: dropkick99 Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/05/11 04:41 AM
Irmo Keepers
(Alphabetical by year)
Alex Hibschman - Senior
- SC United 92 Elite
Antonio Lazaro - Senior
- SC United 92 Elite
Rob Sullivan - Senior
- SC United Dev Acad
- Former Columbia United 92 Elite
- SCYSA ODP
Eric Bykowsky - Junior
- CESA 95 Premier
- USYSA National League
- Region III Premier League
Raad Wullner - Junior
- CESA 93 Premier
- USYSA National League
- Region III Premier League -3 years
- 2010 ODP Region Pool
- Former SC United Dev Acad Dev Player
- Former Columbia United 93 Elite (6 years)
Posted By: Barcelona10 Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/05/11 04:31 PM
Sam Faris from Northwestern High School
Posted By: The Chief Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/05/11 05:26 PM
Not knocking Sam, but last year NHS gave up about 28 goals in 28 games and this year they have already given up 18 in 10 games. Last couple of years NHS has not had a lot of pressure (in general) put on the D becasue of all of the scoring they have done. This year not nearly as many goals scored so the pressure is way up and they are giving up the goals under the pressure.

I guess what I am saying is that you will have to judge him on what he does this year to know how good he is vs how good his team was.
Posted By: TugJobber Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/05/11 06:15 PM
Barcelona10 is clearly a NHS homejobber. Understandably so given their recent dominance.
Posted By: GTCHSCoach Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/06/11 06:24 PM
Greenville - Alex Young

Mauldin - Evan Roger

GTCHS - Royce Herbert
Posted By: morethanyouthink Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/07/11 02:46 AM
Myrtle Beach keeper isn't bad. Evidently he is hard to score on. Could be good defense as well.
Posted By: WilsonTiger24 Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/07/11 03:08 AM
Wilson's keeper, although still only a junior, is a very underrated player. Definitely not one of the top in the state, but one that not many people probably know about. At the Sandhills Tournament he was without a doubt the best player on our team.

Unfortunately we didn't test Myrtle Beach's Keeper so well, but he seemed pretty good.
Posted By: morethanyouthink Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/07/11 03:28 AM
Myrtle Beach keeper has only allowed 4 goals that is fewer than any team in the top 5 in 3A or 4A.
Posted By: who loves soccer? I do Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/27/11 06:46 PM
ben gause and dan islas are both good keepers and timmy cuninngham and josh boatwright
Posted By: carolina'sbest Re: TOP GOALIES - 04/27/11 07:00 PM
I don't know all of them, cunningham and beebe are among the best. Who does Myrtle play?
Posted By: FYI Re: TOP GOALIES - 05/12/11 03:50 AM
Robert Bebee - Pinewood
Chris Beasley - Fort Dorchester
Dillon Creech - Summerville
Posted By: IrmoFan10 Re: TOP GOALIES - 05/12/11 07:58 PM
Quote:

Quote:

From Richland Northeast

The keepers name is Jonathan Smith, and he is a freshman.
© SC Soccer