SC Soccer
Posted By: james Upset?? - 05/13/11 03:25 AM
Can riverside beat Irmo??? Irmo looked strong with the 4-0 win against dorman but I hear riverside is quality..what are the chances there is an upset?
Posted By: morethanyouthink Re: Upset?? - 05/13/11 04:28 AM
I wouldn't put anything past Riverside. But I just don't see an upset here. Irmo may have to work a little harder but I think Irmo wins this one. If Riverside does win it would definitely be an upset to everyone posting on this message board.

Good luck Warriors.
Posted By: MacheteSquad Re: Upset?? - 05/13/11 05:08 AM
Any details on the IRMO/Dorman game?
Posted By: usasoccer Re: Upset?? - 05/13/11 12:48 PM

No upset here.......look at Riverside last 10 games......too much up and down. Irmo has been most consistent and that will carry them to State Championship.
Posted By: morethanyouthink Re: Upset?? - 05/13/11 09:06 PM
Maybe Riverside should move a couple of those girls over to help out.
Posted By: Always Right Re: Upset?? - 05/13/11 09:12 PM
No chance at all for Riverside! The Warriors have a lame duck coach, have given up three or more goals six times in the last month, and are 6-4 in their last 10 games. Irmo rolls easily!
Posted By: Dender Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 02:17 AM
Quote:

No chance at all for Riverside! The Warriors have a lame duck coach, have given up three or more goals six times in the last month, and are 6-4 in their last 10 games. Irmo rolls easily!

A lame duck coach that has 2 state championship rings in 5 years of high school coaching! Enough said.
Posted By: GUCCI MANE Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 03:16 AM
POW!
Posted By: The Chief Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 03:48 AM
To say "No chance at all...!" is to walk out a little far on the branch! I would say Irmo will be heavily favored, and if you look at Riversides losses and close games they have been against 4A power houses (well FM is not 4A anymore) so that does not bode well for them. They got by Rock Hill in a close one again and they really have no "signature" win over a strong 4A team (would count JL Mann early in season but they lost last time so not sure what to think).

I think Irmo is gonna welcome them to the 4A bigdog playoffs and those 2 3A rings are not gonna mean much to them. Follow the goals math would say Irmo 4 better then Dorman who was 2 better then Riverside= Irmo 6 Riverside 0
but to be safe Irmo 5 RHS 1
Posted By: ElNino Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 03:35 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say RHS wins this one today. 3-1
Posted By: James Gray Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 04:21 PM
Irmo hasn't given up more than one goal all year, and you think that Riverside has that potent of an offense? I'm not sure there are many teams in SC that could score more than two goals on Irmo, and even then I don't think that two goals are going to be able to win it.

ElNino, I'm willing to bet you $100 that there is no way on God's green earth that Riverside can put 3 goals in against Irmo.
Posted By: ElNino Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 06:54 PM
No bet, but I do have a feeling. RHS did knock off Greenville back in '06, who was also number one in the nation. it was also 3rd round, and they had Sebastian. I'm still going with RHS today. I'm sure that if Irmo wins i'll get blasted, but i'm staying with my pick.
Posted By: MacheteSquad Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 10:06 PM
I don't know why at this point in the season you would predict Irmo to have 3 goals scored on them in a playoff match. They have maybe let in 10 all season, no more than 1 in any game, and when they do get scored on it is rarely with the starters in play.

Irmo 5-0 over Riverside.
Posted By: The Chief Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 10:13 PM
Heck only reason I gave RHS 1 was to cover myself and I think that if Irmo gets up by 3 to 4 they will start to rest the starters (still got a upstate game to play) quicker than RHS so RHS might sneak one in there. Shutouts are nice but playoffs and risk of injury in a "blowout" game make no sense get the goal and getem out and resting develop the younger bench players against a good team is the way to go.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Upset?? - 05/14/11 11:43 PM
25 minutes in and it is 2-0 Irmo.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 12:04 AM
just started the 2nd half....3-0 Irmo.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 12:13 AM
4-0 Irmo with 30 min to go....
Posted By: James Gray Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 12:14 AM
Make it 5-0 Irmo.....
Posted By: The Chief Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 12:19 AM
Come on RHS get 1!!!!!!!!! Just 1!!!!!!!
Posted By: coach jc Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 12:26 AM
Aren't you supposed to be working??
Posted By: The Chief Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 12:33 AM
Thats the cool part about my job! I am!!!!
Posted By: MacheteSquad Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 02:16 AM
CALLED IT.
Posted By: The Chief Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 02:38 AM
Yes, yes you did! I was close thought they could squeak 1 in late as Irmo would start to pull back and rest as few for next game. Oh well least I got Irmo's score right.
Posted By: ElNino Re: Upset?? - 05/15/11 03:19 AM
wow..... This being my first time seeing Irmo, i admit, they are amazing. Crowning your 2010-2011 state champions.
© SC Soccer