SC Soccer
Posted By: Agoraphobia Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 03:43 PM
I don't have a twitter and can't find anyone posting scores from today's matches. Any idea who won the A game? And is the AA game underway yet? Updates from those luckily enough to be at the games would be greatly appreciated. I'll do my best to keep them coming once I make it out after work today. Good luck to all the teams involved.
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 04:35 PM
Min 10 of second half
Christ Church 5 - 1 Charleston Charter

The last 3 Christ Church goals were by there bench players!
Christ Church has showed great possesion of the ball, there goals have been created from great plays.
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 04:45 PM
Min 16 second half

Christ Church 6 - 1 Charleston Charter
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 04:48 PM
Min 20 of second half

Christ Church 7 - 1 Charleston Charter.
Posted By: sandman Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 05:17 PM
how many girls does christ church have on the team?
Posted By: TheOnlyHBK Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 05:18 PM
None, they have both a varsity men's and women's team.
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 05:20 PM
Full Time

Christ Church 7 - 1 Charleston Charter

Great game from both teams. Christ Church took lead with 2 early goals in the first half. Congratulations to Christ Church for the 2011 South Carolina 1A State Championship! This is Christ Church's 11th State Championship in a row, a new National Record! And also congrats to the success Charleston Charter had for there first year having a soccer program!
Posted By: Brock Scott Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 05:54 PM
Jeez, what a final. Had everyone gripping the edges of their seats the entire match. Just how a final should be, so close, so "competitive."

11 straight state titles.... you call that fair?

How can that title possibly feel glorious when it was so easy? That's what I don't get...
Posted By: sandman Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 05:54 PM
does chas charter have a girls team also?
Posted By: SharksFutbol Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 06:48 PM
Quote:

does chas charter have a girls team also?

If I read correctly, they have about 5 girls on the Boys' varsity team.....
Posted By: James Gray Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 07:17 PM
Brock, I feel your pain. I don't like that private schools get to compete in the HSL either. We have the same problems here in Illinois where I live now. Peoria ND, Quincy ND, Boylan Catholic, etc....all dominate much larger schools. At least here, when most of those schools have to go up against the monster public schools in and around Chicago, they usually meet their match.
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 07:57 PM
I don't see the problem your stating, private schools should have a disadvantage over public schools because they don't have such a big population like public schools!
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 08:23 PM
But private schools are allowed to 'recruit' players. Aka go to the best players in the state and offer them a 'better education' and waive their tuition. Plus private schools don't require their coaches to also be teachers and can pay their coaches more thus making the job more attractive than a public school job. And that hold true for any private school sport, not just soccer.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 08:50 PM
Don't get me started lol....I know for a fact that many players around here get "academic scholarships", or scholarships for being "poor" to attend the soccer powerhouse private schools in the area. How do I know this? I referee with many parents that send their kids there, and they tell me that they have reduced tuition/no tuition costs to come play soccer for these schools. It is a little hard to argue why these schools are so good year after year when they continue to recruit the "best" soccer players off of the local club teams.
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 09:06 PM
Irmo?! ..... Yea, enough said!
Posted By: Brock Scott Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 09:09 PM
Irmo is a public school..............
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 09:29 PM
Yea exactly, I bet Irmo would kill all the private schools .... For example:
Cardinal Newman SCISA 3A State Champions. Irmo killed them 4 - 1!
Posted By: Brock Scott Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 09:39 PM
Irmo is 4a.

Anyhow you're completely missing the point.

If BE was 3a and CC was 2a they wouldn't win state nearly every single year. I think what everyone is asking for is more competition. Make it fair. Both private schools would still compete for championships in a higher bracket but I doubt either could compete in 4a.
Posted By: Chicharito14 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 09:59 PM
I get what your saying, but I just watched both of these teams play and they clearly out worked there opponents. Im pretty sure CC would of beat Gilbert and BE could have given a great game against Mrytle Beach or Eastside. I get your point but before talking watch an know how these teams play before judging them.
Posted By: sandman Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 10:28 PM
Quote:

I get what your saying, but I just watched both of these teams play and they clearly out worked there opponents. Im pretty sure CC would of beat Gilbert and BE could have given a great game against Mrytle Beach or Eastside. I get your point but before talking watch an know how these teams play before judging them.

give it up brock, he won't be getting it anytime soon
Posted By: James Gray Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/21/11 10:33 PM
I just gave up too...not worth attempting to explain anymore
Posted By: Brock Scott Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 01:21 AM
Lol, i get that. I have beaten BE as a player in a state championship match. I also coached against them three times in a state championship match. I know about them. I know all about their training facilities, their economic situation, and their youth system.

I give up sandman.
I have been following this discussion and the guy must be on crack. How in the world does he think tiny little Christ Church w 300 students could absolutely smoke a school like J.L. Mann with almost 2,000 students, 6-0 two weeks ago. The same J.L.Mann who played for the 4A upstate championship and only lost to Irmo 2-1 in that game. I guess there are just that many great episcopal players around Greenville. Sorry but they recruit and they let kids attend free, not many kids could afford 20k a year.
Link to pictures of the Christ Church/Charleston Charter game

CC vs CC

Posted By: Spartan Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 02:26 AM
Nice shots...must have been a Big Lens holding up that eos
Gilbert vs Bishop England Picture Link

Mrytle Beach vs Eastside Link to Pictures

Last but not least

Wando vs Irmo Link to Pictures

Posted By: USNA82 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 04:24 AM
http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/22/1828635/national-no-1-irmos-first-loss.html
Posted By: jimmy2469 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 05:49 AM
Quote:

Yea exactly, I bet Irmo would kill all the private schools .... For example:
Cardinal Newman SCISA 3A State Champions. Irmo killed them 4 - 1!

And less you forget, Cardinal Newman beat Wando rather easily, something Irmo is obviously incapable of!
I guess he also forgot that Christ Church manhandled JL Mann, 6-0, just two weeks before Irmo struggled to beat them 2-1 with a questionable non-call
Posted By: blazer23 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 03:01 PM
Dude I bet Christ Church could manhandle Irmo as well
Probably so. The Cole Seiler kid from CC is , as a junior , much more talented than any of Irmos players. I watched him totally dominate Lunceford at a combine last year.
Posted By: sandman Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 03:14 PM
you know, after seeing the competition in the boys A championship, chas charter is my favorite team of the weekend & i never heard of them before. not even a senior class yet, the little team that could, playing in its CORRECT division. its a good story & mix of boys & girls.
i think i agree with brock & others, the whole christ church & BE thing doesn't pass the smell test anymore.
schsl should wise up, apply some fairness & common sense & move those privates up for those dominating sports
Posted By: blazer23 Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 03:52 PM
CCES dominated Mann in every aspect when they played. Cole Sieler had 6 assists from what i remember. Yes, Christ Church is only a A school, and their competition isnt that hard, but much respect goes to their coach who trains them to play bigger schools. such as JL Mann. Irmo would not be able to keep up with them.
Posted By: WormBurner Re: Championship results and discussion - 05/22/11 03:58 PM
Congratulations, WANDO!!! Well done!
© SC Soccer