SC Soccer
In 40 minutes time we have a real treat for you ladies and gentlemen. The big one, Irmo vs Wando. As always, your loyal, your faithful, your adored and renowned all over the world broadcaster will be here for you, holding your hand and giving you information!
what colors are on the field & does the irmo gang sport the bleached mops?
As the fans are sitting (some stumbling and slurring their words on the way) down and the teams finish their warm up we are about to start the AAAA final. Does Wando know their playing for a state championship? Hardly any fans are here! Irmo has brought the entire parish it seems...

We're about to kick off here in a few minutes!!!
Irmo looks to be wearing white while wando is in the all black strip. And yes as per tradition irmo is sporting the bleached hair.
Excuse me. Irmo is in the blonde yellow white white strip.
Irmo with their obligatory 30 person coaching staff has brought plenty of muscle to badger the referees with. They have to be thinking to themself: Well since NW isn't here, surely we can win this one!

Wando looks like they either can't be bothered to be here or don't particularly care for all the pomp and circumstance. I cannot tell
Now Wando seems to be getting fired up! The kickoff inches ever so close now! It's about time to kick this game off!
Irmo starts the match! They look lively but Wando spreads and passes well out of pressure. Wando earns a very early free kick for a shirt tug. A rumble in the box forces a good save. Irmo for all their pageantry, and edge may fall here early in the match. Wando passes well!
Chance for Irmo as a cross comes in but it is pushed away out of the back by Wando! Good start to the match. Both sides really lucky not to have conceded early. 5th minute.
Goal!!!! WANDO! Oh my Wando has just stunned Irmo! A long throw in produces a goal on the back post! Unmarked, Bailey from Burkholder. Burkholder threw the ball about 40 yards on a rope!
Beautiful goal!
Oh my goodness it's now 2-0 as Sullivan makes a major gaffe in the back! He waits too long to play a back pass and Hamilton Carlin tackles, gets up, and pushes it home! How unnecessary! Irmo has dug themselves a huge hole early!

2-0 32 minutes left in the first half. There's still plenty of time but Irmo is absolutely stunned.
No sooner do I type that than it's 2-0 wando. Let's go warriors.
Who does these updates, me or you?

At any rate. Irmo seems to have recovered somewhat from their early stupor. The #1 team in the country is on the ropes but not out.
Go Wando
wando better step it up because irmos game is coming.
Irmo has had Wando's number in the semis the last couple of years, lets hope Wando doesn't have Irmo's number for this game....
23 minutes until half and it's still 2-0 Wando. Wando has looked every bit up for it after having what I would call a lackluster warm up. Perhaps the now boring and unoriginal "sucks" cries after each name was announced really lit a fire under them. It's hard to root for Irmo when they display class such as that.
Quote:

Irmo has had Wando's number in the semis the last couple of years, lets hope Wando doesn't have Irmo's number for this game....

just so theres no misunderstanding...
go wando
lol, no, you need to root for Irmo....
I must say Emmett Lunceford has yet to show up and impress in 100 minutes of State Championship action in 2 years. There is a lot of hopes and dreams riding on the back of this young man. I just wonder if his favorite player is Torres
i like watching irmo & the atmosphere they bring.
last season at wando they were superfast & all over the place, looked like they all had rabies they were so pumped up.
20 minutes left in the first half and it's still 2-0 Wando.
irmos got the experience to get this back & wando D hasn't impressed me as of late.
Lets hope Irmo does their normal and comes out strong in the second half......but there is still 20 minutes left this half. Neither of these teams will be willing to give much.
A chance goes begging for the Yellow Jackets! Lunceford on the break finds a mate who attempts to play it back across but it's broken up and Irmo wind up with a corner. 15 left in the half
i'm assuming wandos playing 11 keepers now.
Lunceford sends the corner out of play...poor service from a player of that caliber.

Irmo needs to try my remedy for performance axiety...Enzyte.
Enzyte? Sounds like ENZOOOOOOOO
Sieverding tries to score from his own side of the center circle. What a boot and the keeper is forced to parry over the bar! Again, nothing comes of the corner
Great battle between Dunbaker and Barreto! The two of them have been going at it for the first 30 minutes.

Irmo has had a few opportunities but not afforded themselves any luxuries from it.
5 minutes left and both of these teams are very good. There hasn't been any scissor kicks today but Irmo still finds themselves down and not playing very well.
One of Irmo's players just threw up on the field...I'm dead serious actually.
The half ends 2-0 for Wando!
Posted By: sG Re: ESPN Match Day Live - AAAA State Championship - 05/21/11 11:49 PM
IRMO SHMIRMO!!!!! GO WANDO!!!!
Its obvious that Irmo was the only area hit by the Rapture. Maybe next year Jackets..........
One of the Irmo fans is trying to shock this crowd into life. Like Mike Tyson once famously said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"...

And then he went and committed a sex crime and got a facial tattoo.
Slow down. He have a half to play. I hope irmo can get one or two through and make it real fun.
The 2nd half kicks off and Irmo will have to really put their work in here. Wando still look to attack. Carlin is on a hattrick and looking for more. As a very huge semi-professional wrestler looking man in the box next to me just said, "Irmo isn't pressing the shots."

Irmo has 38 minutes to get SOMETHING
With 35 left Irmo has a cry for a penalty as they were taken down in the box there. However, from my viewpoint it was a legal and clean challenge. All ball. Wando responds well with Smalls firing wide. Irmo now on their 7th corner as Wando is blocking well in front of the net.
Dunbaker has been the real inspiration. If his team is going to get anything out of this game they might want to think about following his lead and not the lead of the other captains.
30 minutes left to play and Irmo really need a goal. They look fully capable as Wando has had to defend these first 10 minutes for the most part
I'm a completely biased fan having no dog in this fight; is it just me or has this ref been on the shotty side?

Edit: I mean unbiased. And maybe I'm not completely unbiased as I would like to see Irmo lose, but I am just here for some good soccer. And so far so good.
24 left and Irmo have a set piece in a dangerous area and they SCORE!!!!!!! SIEVERDING HAS BREATHED LIFE INTO THIS STADIUM!!!!!!!!!

2-1 WANDO!
Here we go!
Game on now. Sieverding really got up there.
Irmo has another set piece and the ball is delivered superbly but it is clear for a corner that ends in a good save by Wando. Now Wando is on the ropes!
Good save by Sullivan to keep his team in it! McKellar with a strike forces a good save and Irmo were lucky to clear there! 20 minutes to play!
Unbiased, it's hard not to be leaning one way or another on this one but when it comes to Irmo/Wando for most other teams in state this is like the Iran-Iraq war! Who do you cheer for?
The official is having a tough go of it. It's a tough game to call with all the eyes and mouths on top of you. I've seen worse and I've seen better.
Crunch time
Quote:

Unbiased, it's hard not to be leaning one way or another on this one but when it comes to Irmo/Wando for most other teams in state this is like the Iran-Iraq war! Who do you cheer for?

mutual annilation?
Posted By: sG Re: ESPN Match Day Live - AAAA State Championship - 05/22/11 12:21 AM
These refs are being paid by irmo for sure...this is ridiculous
19 minutes left and mostly the tactical switch to put Freeman in the back and place Sieverding in the middle has done well for Irmo. They still need another but have a long throw in attempt. Should be a great final 18 minutes
It's bad both ways
extratime anyone?
Quote:

Quote:

mutual annilation?

If only....
hey sconners if wando wins does that mean beaufort is better than irmo lol unfortunate bhs isnt in cola
Irmo sizes up a freekick here with 13 left to play. Wando still defending for their lives. Lunceford sends a 40 yard effort wide and high. Per the usual today.
Burkholder almost has a stunner. He certainly looked every bit of the player I've heard he can be on that effort. He sliced his way through the Irmo D and if it weren't for a good save by Sullivan he'd have scored. Wando now have a corner with 10 minutes left to play.
I'm guessing the boys would much rather be in Columbia than at the prom.
Dunbaker is called offsides on a breakaway. The Irmo faithful boo but the AR got the call right. It was close but he was off.
me too minus the prom
What a back save by Danna to save the score for Wando. Corner Irmo. 8 minutes
Lunceford has resigned to hanging out on the left hand side. Irmo's feeding him the ball but he's not really doing too much.
7 minutes to play and Irmo have to equalize!
Both teams are to be commended. Even though Irmo has made costly mistakes they have played hard and haven't lost the ability. Wando came out strong but are hanging on in this last 5.
two losses in two years both in the state final... ouch
Jablonski puts the game away!!!!!!!!!!! A break from 30 as Irmo are caught too high and he finishes the 1v1 with class.

3-1 Wando after the counter. 5 minutes left.
two losses in two years both in the finals... ouch
i said it twice two times
1 minute left as Dunbaker heads and attempt that beats the keeper but goes just wide.
Anyone familar with the idea of Karma and how bad Karma is worked off?
That's it! Wando has done it!!!
Let me repeat. This ref is horrible. Number 3 for wando just got tackled in the box. Looked like one of those wrasslin' moves you spoke of earlier in the AAA post. Thats a ridiculously bad call.
Its the only time they play any competition that they have no control over scheduling. Their obnoxious fans will have to wait another year,all i heard from them was how great they were and how if we wanted to see some real soccer to stick around..I guess they knew how good Wando was too!!!
I'm reminded of the many England teams of old here. I feel for Irmo but they really have only themselves to blame. They dug themselves an early grave and the 80 minute supply of air simply ran out. Hats off to Wando. They looked every bit the superb side, especially in the first half. Both sides created many chances and put on a great match. Thank you for watching everyone. Good night...and good luck.
Didn't Shilo win a state championship as a player with the Hanahan team in the late 90s?? If so, I believe he could be the first person to win a South Carolina soccer state championship as both a player and a coach. This is an honor very few of us were chasing.
Congrats Wando!
warrior woody
Wondering how long it will take for the Irmo fans start blaming the refs for the loss????
Great Job Wando!!! Thank you so much for quieting the obnoxious people from IRMO! They very obviously NOT #1 in the Nation they are not even #1 in South Carolina!!!!
Several said it was the Spalding soccer balls and start time. Whatever!
I'll go back to something I said a week or so ago:
Wando defeated Irmo for the same reason Beaufort defeated Lexington. That is, on this night, at this venue, Wando was the better team. And THAT'S what competitive sports is all about, my friends. Here endeth the lesson.
Quote:

Didn't Shilo win a state championship as a player with the Hanahan team in the late 90s?? If so, I believe he could be the first person to win a South Carolina soccer state championship as both a player and a coach. This is an honor very few of us were chasing.

I believe Dick Hiller won several as a player at Irmo and has won several as the (former) coach at Chapin. Either way, thats a feat I could never accomplish (only made it to the state semis during my playing career), and my hat goes off to the coaches and players who graced us with some terrific soccer today.
http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/22/1828635/national-no-1-irmos-first-loss.html
Congrats to the Wando Boys for pulling through and defeating the Number 1 team in the nation!
While Shilo was a great center midfielder for Hanahan, he did not win/play in a state championship game. Hanahan's two trips to the state finals came in 1996, a 1-0 loss to Christ Church, and in 1997, a 3-1 win over Chapin, a few years after he graduated. Really happy for him to get a state championship under his belt now. I think it is the first of many more in his young career.
Quote:

Quote:

go wando

Sandman...thanks for the clarification...you come to Wando's playoff games every year and every year your posts are critical of the girls & boys...with fans like you who needs enemies?!?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

go wando

Sandman...thanks for the clarification...you come to Wando's playoff games every year and every year your posts are critical of the girls & boys...with fans like you who needs enemies?!?

what are you talking about?
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/...ghschool-wp2370
Great goal! Terrible announcing! Who are those clowns?
Great win by Wando...Will Irmo ever step up in State Championships?Only time will tell
© SC Soccer