SC Soccer
Posted By: Anthony Pelton Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 03:32 PM
It was a pleasant surpise to me a few weeks ago when I saw that Frank had been named the Region Coach of the Year in Region 3 4A. This is an honor that is often reserved for the region winner or runner up and I applaud the other region coaches for recognising his contributions this year.

I sopke to a parent over the weekend that attended Gaffneys banquet and I felt I had to share this. Apparently the team has a large number of Hispanic kids(all great kids) some coming from difficult home situations. They never want practice to end and leave everything on the field.

When it was announced that Frank had won the honor apparently all of the kids stood clapping, some wildly and some crying saying "We love you coach!"

What a difference he has made for alot of these kids and again I applaud other region coaches for seeing it.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 03:41 PM
Couldn't agree more, Anthony! I heard the same story on Friday and I congratulate those region coaches for acknowledging the progress that Gaffney made this season. Kudos to "Uncle Frank" for being such a positive influence in the soccer community for the better part of some 40 years!
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 04:03 PM
This is why you coach. Great Job Uncle Frank!
Posted By: ghs26 Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 04:18 PM
Congrats to Frank!! Being a Gaffney Alum Im always happy to hear good things from the program.
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 04:40 PM
Congratulations Frank! Good job!
Posted By: Scott Ruggles Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 05:38 PM
Totally agree with all, Frank has done a great job where ever, he has coached, with talent and "not so much " talent.
"Uncle Frank" is a freind to all
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/23/11 05:51 PM
Uncle Frank where's the party at?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/24/11 03:50 PM
Congrats Coach!
Posted By: Mike Hazel Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/24/11 10:46 PM
Well deserved honor to someone who has always done a great job.
Posted By: Coach J Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/25/11 01:32 AM
Congratulations Uncle Frank!
Posted By: soccer10 Re: Coach Frank Ridlehoover - 05/25/11 04:01 PM
Congrats Coach. You don't know me, but we had some pretty good games with y'all.
© SC Soccer