SC Soccer
Posted By: Jack Rozier 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 02:24 AM
L-E defeated Camden tonight 5-1

3-0 at the half with goals from Matt Harris(2) and Chauncie Thrift(1)...we basically controlled the first half working the offsides and passing through Camden's mid and D.

In the 2nd half we starting taking more shots and passing less...and Camden scored on a PK from a handball in the box. The other two goals came from Matt Harris and a very nice shot by Will Roberts.

Nice relatively clean match. Can't wait till we play at Zemp..DING DING DING...j/k..seriously..i'm just kidding.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 02:31 AM
Irmo 9 0 White Knoll
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 02:40 AM
Pendleton 3
Palmetto 2

Could someone from Palmetto let me know who scored, had assists, and keepers name? I didn't get them. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 02:51 AM
Lexington beat Dreher 5-2 in OT. lex was up 2-0 at half and sat on the lead and dreher put 2 in and then Lexington went crazy and scored in the first minute and didnt look back
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 02:54 AM
Lexington's GK did not impress me. For someone to get on the Boards and talk that much stuff I thought I was going to see the next Hunter Gilstrap!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 02:58 AM
Christ Church-8
Southside Christian-2

I think Dixie, 96, and some of the public schools will have a shot at SSC this year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 03:03 AM
well bout lexingtons goalie, he didnt start tonite the back up did, dont know why somethin bout practice.but hes only been back from bball about 3 weeks so hes just gettin in his groove and when u say sophmore keeper, that means young, and he makes mistakes. tonite was an off night. and also he works a lot with hunter, but those are big shoes to fill but i think he will fill them in the next few years. and that dreher goalie made a few nice saves. got lucky on a few tho kinda jumped into a shot late in the 2nd half but made some pretty saves none the least
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 04:07 AM
I think both teams were "fredbeibered" tonight. 3 penalty kicks on "handballs" that were totally unintentional, inadvertant, and were no where near the goal. I would have expected better judgement from the ref. All that aside, the best team did win but the game was closer than the final score.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 04:30 AM
Yeah, good game to LE, they were the better team tonight. We've been struggling with the loss of 12 players (9 starters) this year, and we have a young team. Hopefully our next meeting will be a good one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 08:10 AM
The Lexington game shouldn't have been close tonite. The only time when ALL of L-Town's starters were in and they were not angry and out of their game was in overtime when they scored 3 goals in a span of 7 minutes. L-Town's goalie played well tonite, and will keep them in a lot of games. I hope the players play well in practice and good luck against Northwestern Friday because I have a feeling the Trojans will be MUCH better than Dreher.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 03:54 PM
York - 11
Union - 2

I'd like to know who the uppperstate 3-A teams to beat are...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/13/03 05:44 AM
How did Lex. get 5 goals?Who scored for Dreher?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/13/03 05:52 AM
South Aiken(4a) beat Edisto(2a) 9-1 yesterday! Very Good Game!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 06:39 PM
Lower Richland-3
Lakewood-7

Three goals by one of our freshman, one within the first two minutes. Two of LR's goals were from their #15, who scored off long balls b/c he was faster than we were.

Lakewood #7
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 08:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SilverPlayer:
The Lexington game shouldn't have been close tonite. The only time when ALL of L-Town's starters were in and they were not angry and out of their game was in overtime when they scored 3 goals in a span of 7 minutes. L-Town's goalie played well tonite, and will keep them in a lot of games. I hope the players play well in practice and good luck against Northwestern Friday because I have a feeling the Trojans will be MUCH better than Dreher.

To say that the game shouldn't have been close is a wrong statement. Dreher played horrible the first half and was down 2-0 at half. Lex DID play w/o dom and maupin the first half...but did play them in the 2nd half...and dreher tied it 2-2 at end of regulation. also, there were 3 handballs that were called for pks(2 for lex 1 for dreher) none of them should have been called as they were not intentional. If the game shouldnt have been close then why say lex's goalie played well tonight??? i mean if they dominated us then how do u figure that he had to make any saves?? he did play well but u r contradicting urself when u say that the game shouldnt have been close and then say that their goalie played well. also, dreher lost in pks to Chapin and should have won it in regulation(goal called back b/c player was called offsides and wasnt even in the play)...and Chapin beat Northwestern in pks. so i am wondering how you figure northwester is "MUCH" better than dreher?? don't have anything personnel w/ u but i am stating the facts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/12/03 08:56 PM
Is York good this year or are they the same from last year... somebody let me know
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/13/03 02:20 AM
DF beat RV in PK's 3-0, DF's goalie stopped 3 PK's in a row.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/13/03 02:31 AM
Cardinal Newman 4
Ben Lippen 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/13/03 03:23 AM
nick key and aj higgins where the ones that scored in tha palmetto/pendleton game. Duncan joy was the goalie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/13/03 12:58 PM
Thanks for the names xpalmettox.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/14/03 03:28 PM
Dolphin14 - -

On account of how we shape up this year, I'm looking forward to a good season. We did lose a couple seniors past season but have picked up some excellent freshman. As soon as the team works out the injuries that we have run into, a solid team will be playing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3/11 Outcomes - 03/14/03 06:16 PM
Good...it will be a good game when we play each other both at York and at Andrew Jackson...we split games last year and hopefully it will be close again like last year.. good luck to York
© SC Soccer