SC Soccer
Posted By: Warrior All White Jeresey Question - 05/23/17 09:31 PM
I thought the SCHSL rule stated that you had to wear all white jerseys with no stripes or piping. Is that not correct? It seems several schools wore alternative shirts this year and I wanted to know if the rule had changed.
Posted By: Alister DeLong Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/24/17 02:46 AM
The rule hasn't changed.
I know of one school that the coach ignored the rule or didn't know the rule and the fine was cheaper than buying all new uniforms.
Posted By: Dasser Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/24/17 10:54 AM
What can be enforced? Are the refs not going to allow that team to play? Fines? That's nothing. The High School League has no teeth or backbone! Do what you want to do!
Posted By: SharksFutbol Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/24/17 11:25 AM
Yeah.......many schools now are adding "color" to their home kits. I've never liked that rule
Posted By: ghs26 Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/24/17 12:18 PM
Unfortunately some of the refs don't know the actual rule anyway. I had 3 different refs say to me this year, "has anyone said anything to you about your shorts? Supposed to be white" We wear gold shorts at home. Nothing in rule book about color of shorts. Only the jersey and socks.
Posted By: eMnAvA Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/24/17 11:42 PM
You ask the question, yet in the championship games, did anyone notice the tape on the socks? I saw players with black electrical tape like other teams do all the time. You have anal officials who still say tuck your jerseys in and no black tape and then you have those who say nothing and just let the kids play. It's really annoying; From the ALL-WHITE rule to making everyone use the same exact ball for playoffs. We've even had officials complain about Under Armour.
Posted By: James Gray Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/25/17 04:04 PM
As an official, I can't prevent a school from playing with uniforms that don't meet the standard. I can only report them to the high school association. I will say that I do agree that it is annoying that some of the referees let things slide so that when I have to referee a team that isn't complying with the rules, they always gripe to me that the last referee let them play like that. I just tell them I am not the other referee, and that I have standards. If all referees aren't enforcing to the same standard, it turns into a mess.
Posted By: SharksFutbol Re: All White Jeresey Question - 05/25/17 04:18 PM
I would hope a ref doesn't cancel a game because a home team had a secondary color on their predominately white uniform.....

As for the tape, I'm pretty much used to it by now. I tell my boys to bring the matching colors because who knows what the ref will say about it. It's annoying, but I see it no differently than the refs who call any handling foul and the refs who allow volleyball rules in a game. Part of the strategy
© SC Soccer