SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Rivalry - 02/04/05 02:08 AM
What do yall think is the best soccer rivalry in the state of south carolina?
Posted By: muppet Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 02:18 AM
greenville vs mann or
greenville vs eastside
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 02:19 AM
summerville and wando
Posted By: benp Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 02:56 AM
The Ben Lippen Cardinal Newman game is usualy an exciting rivalry game, that usually matches up two of the best scisa teams in the state.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 03:53 AM
Dixie v. Ware Shoals
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 04:01 AM
South Aiken and Aiken?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 11:04 AM
Dutch Fork - Irmo
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 01:46 PM
greenville vs. mann
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 03:51 PM
Dreher vs. BC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 04:21 PM
Ridge View and Spring Valley

Irmo and Ridge View

Irmo Spring Valley

Wando and Summerville

Hanna and Mauldin

Dreher and Flora
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Rivalry - 02/05/05 05:17 AM
L-E Dude and Shearer
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 06:08 PM
Go Dude! You da man, Dude! Shearer is always drunk on his brown ale!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/04/05 07:53 PM
Irmo and Dutch Fork. Those two just hate each other and if you think that's bad, you should check out the fans and what they do to each others schools...
Posted By: Wayne Re: Rivalry - 02/05/05 01:35 AM
I beg to differ. While I agree that Irmo v DF is a very good rivalry, one of the best...our kids do not hate each other. They are friends in many ways. Matches are hotly contested, but I seldom see evidence of real animosity between players.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/05/05 04:17 AM
GREENVILLE VS MANN...it's been one of the most exciting games over the years also the riverside vs eastside is always a great game to see and now that they are in the same region the rivalry will grow even more
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/05/05 01:28 PM
DF vs Irmo

I agree with Wayne - lots of pride and bragging rights involved and trash-talking goes on, but rarely any real dirty stuff is seen in their matches
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/06/05 05:29 AM
Hasn't had much of an impact on state championship or anything like that so I'd hesitate to rank it as the greatest rivalry but Walhalla vs. Pendleton is always a grudge match! Both teams really don't like each other and the rivalry is broader than that spilling over into basketball and other sports.

The winner of the season series nearly guarantees the region title. Last year we had to play an extra match after the regular season to decide the regular season title. This will almost assuredly be the case this year as Palmetto has moved out of our region leaving us with just three teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/05/05 09:06 PM
I would say South Aiken vs. Aiken could possibly be the biggest. Just go to one of the games and see how it is. I know that the South Aiken fans are ruthless and i have pitty for people who play them at home. I've seen players complain to the refs about the fans talking so much trash to them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/06/05 03:46 AM
chapin and BE...they met 5 times in a row for the state championship until last year...that match up had always had championship implications on it until this year...many of those state championship matches went into overtime or pks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/07/05 05:36 AM
I agree Shank. Judging by the rise in content on these boards (and increase in message edits by kyle) during the Aiken vs. South Aiken match, theirs would have to be the biggest, especially considering the level that the two play on. Emerald vs. Greenwood is generally a heated contest also.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/07/05 07:49 AM
Southside Christian vs. Christ Church
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/08/05 03:21 AM
hasn't christ church killed ssc in previous years shouldn't it be close for it to be a good rivalry game
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/09/05 07:25 AM
They did last year, but this year's a new year. And just because they had a better team than we did last year doesn't mean that we don't still want to cleat them in the face. But that's another issue. And who is mannsoccer7 cuz I noticed you back up Christ Church all the time, why's it your business?
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Rivalry - 02/09/05 02:25 PM
Northwestern vs. Fort Mill.

It's the only important game played due north of Columbia and whoever survives wins the region.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/09/05 10:02 PM
all i'll say is that i still play for mann...and basically cause i have friends at christ church and well i hate southside kids every one of them and if we ever played them i would be out for blood...not that southside would stand a chance at all...DCA6767 if southside beats christ this year i'll never post again and i'll personally buy you dinner but it isn't gunna happen
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/09/05 10:11 PM
Yes those are all good rivalries...but i would have to go with Suth Aiken vs Aiken High mainly bc I go there and i know what we do to each others schools and how close the games are the last game that ended in regulation for both teams between each other was 3 years ago.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/10/05 08:01 PM
Hands Down WANDO Vs. IRMO, played in a few games, and watched a few games when my bros played. All Wando Players ever think about is when is the next time to play Irmo. Second Rivalry would be in my view Wando Vs. Summerville for the deep south.
Posted By: Greenville Red Raider 15 Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 12:29 AM
posted by Hurst 66

Northwestern vs. Fort Mill.
"It's the only important game played due north of Columbia and whoever survives wins the region."

you might wanna check out some of the AAA rivalrys b4 u say that b/c Greenville/Mann/Riverside/Eastside have some close games and they aer always battles
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 12:35 AM
West Florence and South Florence
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 01:27 AM
DUE NORTH of Columbia.

The schools you mention are in the Upstate, northwest of Columbia.
Posted By: MegsByMo6 Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 02:04 AM
(1)FORT vs. (2)WANDO..as long as i don;t play left wing like i did today...well be one unstoppable team...sum one please beat BE....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 02:25 AM
Hurst66...of course you are going to say Northwestern and Fort Mill when you are from Fort Mill. There are just as good rivalies due north than those two. I am from that area and never heard about that rivaly too much...a good rivaly, you hear about it all over the area..Lancaster and Andrew Jackson are just as good. Clover and York are good too.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 03:21 AM
Sure all those rivalries are passionate, but what's the net result?

Where is the winner of Lancaster vs. Andrew Jackson at in May? HOME!

Where is the winner of Clover vs. York at in May? HOME!

Where is the winner of Fort Mill vs. Northwestern at in May? Playing Irmo for the state AAAA title!
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 03:30 AM
I dont even go to Wando, and I know WANDO and IRMO is huge.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 04:08 AM
actually when was the last time fort mill was there in may...kinda one sided huh..don't get me wrong both teams are good but you act like that it is the only rivaly due north well i think you are wrong and bias
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 04:41 AM
after the brawl last year, summerville and hilton head will also be a good one this year
Posted By: Scott Ruggles Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 12:04 PM
I am in the posting mood this morning, The rivarly I personaly enjoyed was Stratford-Fort Dorchester, I know the Fort and Summerville is bigger, but The Stratford and Forts teams were close in talent and play and always when to the end, the teams played hard, but at the end there was great respect by both sets of players, I think I direct reflect of Coach Anthony Pelto and Coach Billy Gibbs
It is fun when both teams lay it on the line, but are man enough to shake hands not because of a formality, but with great respect.I may be wrong, but I feel there was never"hate" when we played
Again These are true rivarlies to me that are pure, and what high school athletics are all about. Good luck to all teams this season.
Posted By: Anthony Pelton Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 01:25 PM
Coach Ruggles, I totally agree that the Fort-Stratford rivalry has devloped into an intense yet freindly game.You and Coach Poole have always run a quality program with the Knights.
Even going back to my Summerville days those dog fights ended with freindly handshakes and genuine respect.It makes you feel that you really have good kids when they can fight so hard (almost to the point of puking) yet win or lose with such class.I miss your contributions to the game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/11/05 07:39 PM
I agree with previous posters who have said Wando Vs Irmo is the most intense rivalry...although they dont meet as frequently as others mentioned I know that theres bad blood between the programs. As far as the "deep south" goes Wando vs. S'ville is the biggest around
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/12/05 02:08 AM
socastee and myrtle beach
Posted By: littleplayer316 Re: Rivalry - 02/18/05 03:53 AM
Aiken vs South Aiken is definately the most heated rivalry in almost every sport. I too feel sorry for each team. The fans go crazy and i would hate to be a player on the field.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/24/05 12:44 AM
pinewood:Porter Gaud

every single sport its arch-rivalry mania!
its just freakin crazy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/25/05 05:04 AM
south aiken vs. aiken. no doubt. the hatred between the schools is unmatched. i know that isnt really a good thing but it sure does create some interesting games. (john odom your a cheater you dirty hand ball cheater we all hate you just so u know)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/25/05 05:08 AM
HOLY crap that was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/24/05 08:24 PM
i cant believe that the ref didnt see that. the whole crowd exploded. everyone within a 3 mile radius saw that hand ball. we still lost and i cant say that we would have won if we would have gotten that call but aiken would have been playing a man down for the RED CARD that odom SHOULD have gotten for that blatently intentional foul.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/24/05 09:17 PM
Irmo vs. NW is becoming an intense rivalry. The frequency that the teams have met and always being in a final of some sort made the last match played between the two teams extremly intense.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Rivalry - 02/24/05 10:26 PM
The last three Irmo - Northwestern matches have been tremendous.
Posted By: Liverpool Re: Rivalry - 02/27/05 05:11 AM
West Florence and South Florence is really intense. If you would have seen the game tonight you would agree. 3 red cards, including WF coach, and and five or six yellows. A goal by each team in the last two minutes of the second overtime tied it up 1-1, and sent to PKs, where South won 4-3.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/28/05 05:24 AM
were u in the stands for west or south hardcore? or do you play?
Posted By: Liverpool Re: Rivalry - 02/28/05 02:09 AM
South...this is Tim from Wilson, I was goin for yall, I love watchin West get beat.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/28/05 02:40 AM
im sure you would like to WATCH us get beat after that 7-0 whippin we gave yall
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 02/28/05 04:16 AM
none the less i think the West/South rivalry in soccer might of escalated from last year. Only like 2nd time we've won in 8 or 9 years. I've been playing JV/V since i was in 7th grade and this is my 6th and final year. We beat west my sophomore year on Varsity and then this is only the 2nd time since i've been at Southside/SF.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/06/05 02:10 PM
eastside and riverside
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/07/05 07:07 AM
Seriously "Tim"... your playing days are over, let it go.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/11/05 01:43 PM
I think Bluffton and Hilton Head will become a very intense rivalry in a few years since Hilton Head just split.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/11/05 02:23 PM
Wando Vs HILTON HEAD
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/12/05 03:25 AM
daniel greenville is starting to become a pretty good rivalry....we'll see you in play-offs again greenville....until next time, goodbye
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/13/05 03:48 AM
Daniel and Senca...pretty hardcore soccer
Posted By: dreherheckler Re: Rivalry - 03/18/05 09:46 PM
dreher vs bc has become a pretty heated rivalry. Its almost bigger tahn dreher flora
Posted By: Greenville Red Raider 15 Re: Rivalry - 03/18/05 10:29 PM
seth ur the man......(thundertoe) and yess we will not lose in the finals this year
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/19/05 04:09 AM
Irmo vs. Wando is a good one but i would have to give it to south aiken vs. aiken
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/19/05 06:07 AM
daniel vs. seneca is definitely a good rivalry although daniel is so much better
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/20/05 02:21 AM
i disagree copper dragon just because seneca left the grass grow to be like a foot so that danel couldnt play long balls or through ball
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/20/05 02:24 AM
and a week later daniel won like 5-0.....you know what daniel is sick they goin to win the region.... sorry copper dragon you were right daniel is so much better
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/21/05 02:38 AM
i'm always right
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/21/05 02:48 AM
why come they arent any lower class, 1 and 2A rivals in here, yall dont care bout none of us
Posted By: Steve Brown Re: Rivalry - 03/21/05 03:01 AM
Congratulations to Coach Russell and the Camden Bulidogs. The Camden/L-E rivalry was one of the fiercest in the midlands for many years. Neither teams are soccer powerhouses but, the games were exciting and well played. This year the first meeting ended in PK's. Both teams played well with enthusiams and passion. Hopefully, this tradition will continue. sb
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/21/05 03:05 AM
Northwestern vs. Irmo
Hilton Head vs. Wando
Wando vs. Irmo
Aiken vs. South Aiken
Posted By: benp Re: Rivalry - 03/21/05 03:10 AM
Ben Lippen vs. Cardinal Newman
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/22/05 11:16 PM
guest1234....are you blair...and is sam lowerstate7...i'm just tryin to keep it real. i guess i'll see you guys at one of those club games. yeah, peace.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/23/05 12:14 AM
yeah CASC 88...were gonna win regionals...
Posted By: MustangSoccer9 Re: Rivalry - 03/23/05 03:32 AM
someone asked about 1 and 2A rivals... there seem to be alot.. southside christian-christ church, pendleton walhalla, pendleton-palmetto, palmetto-broome (the two teams have only played once and there was somethin like 7 yellow cards an two red cards) ive heard also that dixie-wareshoals is a big game too. is there any more from 1 or 2A?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/23/05 04:41 AM
b-c and airport...they already have a great rivalry but with both teams in the same region and both teams doing very well it will make things more interesting
Posted By: player4theteam Re: Rivalry - 03/23/05 04:58 AM
Wade Hampton and Barnwell, we are always playing tough games against each other. u need to come and watch. i cant beleive it has not been posted yet.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: Rivalry - 03/28/05 07:49 PM
Heathwood vs. Hammond
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rivalry - 03/29/05 01:30 PM
Blackville-Hilda and Wade Hampton(H) always is a fierce game that usually goes down to the wire and most times than any the home team wins. Blackville and Bamberg is a new and upcoming rivalry in 1A considering them moving from 2A to 1A and into Blackville's region.
© SC Soccer