SC Soccer
Posted By: Coach D Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 05:04 PM
4/7/05 Blackville-Hilda At Bamberg-Ehrhardt has been postponed.
Posted By: benp Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 07:00 PM
can anyone tell me whether BC Dreher is cancelled? I am planning on attending and I would like to know if it is still going on. thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 07:09 PM
Cheraw postponed todays game against us because of the weather.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 07:56 PM
Where are the days when you played in ice and sleet? In tornadoes and hurricanes? In downpours and floods? Soccer is supposed to be for real men, who are too quick to play football. Lets play soccer!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 08:17 PM
People get concerned about their fields getting messed. Looks to me like a perfectly fine day to play though.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 08:26 PM
Remind me again why games are cancelled right now....I remember it raining for about 20 minutes and now it's been fine for about 3 hours. I agree, what ever happened to playing in the rain. As long as it doesn't lightning and maybe thunder (not sure about that one) you should play. I hate when teams call that crap off.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 09:46 PM
GSWide, buy a clue. Our AD cancelled the game because there was standing water on the field and it couldn't be drained in time.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/07/05 11:27 PM
buy a clue.......really who says that....
Posted By: Lowerstate4A Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 01:50 AM
How do you drain your field? Does it have a plug that you remove like in your bathtub?
Posted By: centermid06 Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 02:55 AM
haha i love it Lowerstate thats hilarious
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 03:44 PM
i would personally rather play the game on the date it was scheduled. who cares if there is standing water. we played our homecoming game last friday night, it rained all day and through the game. i think it is more fun when it is raining. it shows who really has more skill.
Posted By: Coach D Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/09/05 04:08 AM
Unfortunately, many if not most high school soccer teams play on the football field and with springtime grass starting to come in, the AD or head football coach does not want damage done to the football field. Therefore, the final word is out of the hands of the soccer coach.
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 05:44 PM
Coach D, I think that's a poor excuse. Football is in the fall and soccer is in the spring. Period! I don't keep up with A football, but I do know that B-H is usually pretty good. Is your football coach also the Athletic Director? If they are the same, then you probably have a problem. If not, then the A.D. should make a stand. Wasn't B-H in the State Championship in A soccer?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 06:22 PM
We dont cancel due to rain.Our field is not in the best shape right now, but we dont have any makeup games to worry with.
Bgamble Dixie Soccer
Posted By: Coach D Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 07:22 PM
Cola Fan,
We have not canceled any of our home games thus far due to rain. The game with Bamberg was away. We have a great relationship with our AD and our football coach (not the same person). I was referring to many schools in the state. And yes B-H did play for the state championship three years ago.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 08:09 PM
Yes, our AD is a football/baseball coach. Besides, the football coaches throw enough of a fit as it is about the soccer team even using THEIR field(some crap about the cleats hurting the new grown grass). Anyhow, the final point is that it wasn't our decision to cancel the game.
Posted By: count zero Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 10:01 PM
Does anyone know if the Ben Lippen Hammond game has been canceled?
Posted By: benp Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 11:50 PM
Ben Lippen Hammmond has been cancelled
Posted By: whsweeper Re: Postponed games due to weather - 04/08/05 11:59 PM
crap! i was looking forward to see the score of that game
© SC Soccer