SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 03:04 AM
Eastside is awesome and they will win state no problem. Sorry socastee.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 03:06 AM
i agreei think eastside is the best team in the stae including 4A...socastee will have a tough time
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 03:07 AM
you guys are correct...... not socastee just needs to play their game
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 03:11 AM
yeah socastee needs to play their game to even have a chance and even if they do play well they will still have a tough time with eastside
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 03:16 AM
see bravewarrior you have no clue what you are talking about...eastside is sick, and will destroy your team. The will win no matter what. how hard socastee plays just determines if there is even a challenge for them.
i'd be embarrassed if my season ended 6-0. Maybe that's just me but, ok, ya, come on to scsoccer and post. I'll drink to that and to the Braves win
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 03:19 AM
of course i'm not happy about the way it ended, but thats no reason to not post. and atleast we made it this far. how far did you get?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 12:29 PM
what a bunch of haters, haha socastee will bring it to lower state, you'll see....thackray with 1 off the bench
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 01:59 PM
wfcm05 - Have you even seen Eastside play? Have you seen Socastee play?

I saw Eastside play in the Northwestern Tournament and they were nasty. Just plain sick nasty. wfcm05, they would treat West Florence like a dirty and Socastee. It would give me nightmares if I were Socastee.
ya but you're not, you lost a while ago [Frown]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 08:05 PM
my predictions is that eastside wins 3-0.
Who are the real stars on Eastside? Do they have anyone that is just amazing?
Normally..I would be all hardcore "Lowerstate has a chance".. but..wow.. After seeing MB/Socastee last night in person.. and seeing Eastside beat Daniel (who i've seen play) 6-0.. There is no question about it... Eastside wins by multiple goals..

I hate to say it more than most..but..straight-up #4 is all Socastee has..and..it won't be NEAR enough..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 10:18 PM
True
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 10:19 PM
esp now sense socastee has no keeper...his splen was taken out and some broken ribs maybe...

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/11627810.htm
Yeah..that is really unfortunate. Props to him..he played a pretty solid match though he wasn't tested much...he certainly SHINED in comparison to the MB keeper. The hit he took was pretty hard..but he played through (i guess) about 20 more minutes..including a pretty crazy series at the end.. I wish this kid the best..and that Socastee can keep it in single digits..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 10:53 PM
Jack
Not a pretty game to watch,you are right.But you should realize the psychology of high school players? The emotion of the game(with the state championship on the line) will disrupt their play. Especially when both teams are cross town rivals.Neither team wants to let the other do a thing.It was not a good representation from both teams, but they played with heart and faught until the end. Unfourtanetly you were only were able to see these teams play once this year so your judgements are very limited and I will leave it at that! As far as your comments for our keeper. Yes he made a mistake but when it comes to defending set pieces the whole team is at fault.Rodolfo has done an unbeliveable job for us all year and has been a blessing to the team! Hats off to Abee,get well buddy!
JB
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 11:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mbplay4life:
Who are the real stars on Eastside? Do they have anyone that is just amazing?

yeah....most of the team...number 16 in the middle...number 3 in the middle...number 2 and 20 up top....11 and 12 on the wings....and some others that numbers i don't remember i'm thinking it was #10 and #7.....so yeah....
You're right..I've only seen these two sides once..but even after the first 20..when everything was really hectic..there (at least it seemed to me) was little structure in either side.

Socastee seemed content to boot the ball out of the defense..just to let MB come at them again. I'm convinced if MB had pulled the trigger more often they could have taken the match(your quote in the paper about being complacent is certainly applicable).

I understand you defending your keeper.. but in the first 10 minutes of the game.. when the MB offense was setting up a corner.. the keeper was squatting inside his six... just didn't seem to be in the game mentally.. I would hope it was just one match..but sadly for you guys it was the wrong match.

I definitely have my fingers crossed for Socastee..but there is VERY little light at the end of this tunnel.. both MB and Socastee (and even NMB) are to be commended..it says a lot about the region and all involved with the programs..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/12/05 11:50 PM
Don't sleep
I think that Socastee will make a game out of it since everyone is bashing them, but that being said, they still wont have enough to beat Eastside.

Eastside 3
Socastee 1
Based on these rosters, can anyone say which CESA or Coastal club teams these guys play for:
Eastside-
http://www.eastsideathletics.com/Spring_Sports/Soccer/Boys/2005/varsityroster.htm

Socastee-
http://www.hcs.k12.sc.us/high/sh/athletics/final/index.html
Generally speaking, one half of Eastside's team plays for the U18 Premier team, the other plays for the U17 Premier team. There are exceptions of course, but the majority of that team is a CESA Premier team.
That is very strong. As much as I want a lowerstate champ, no way that Socastee can compete with that. Club ball is what has made Eastside so good.
quote:
Originally posted by CornerFlag:
I think that Socastee will make a game out of it since everyone is bashing them, but that being said, they still wont have enough to beat Eastside.

Eastside 3
Socastee 1

I really really really really hope it's that close.. (that's FOUR really's!) ..but I doubt it..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/13/05 05:49 PM
yall are sleeping on socastee
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/13/05 10:18 PM
I know you played for Socastee so you must pull for them, but Eastside is very good.
no keeper = no chance for socastee.. sorry boys.. great year
never have i ever seen such bashing from those who couldn't hack it into the state finals.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/14/05 03:00 PM
ok shut up and play....like i said before how far did you get?....yeah thats right so you need to shut up....and have you seen eastside play?.....thats what i thought...again shut up...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/14/05 05:10 PM
the kids in the game dont care about the other team as much as yall do...just chill and wait for the outcome...who ever wins wins!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/14/05 05:11 PM
this isnt shane so dont say stupid remarks about that either
quote:
Originally posted by whatever's clever:
ok shut up and play....like i said before how far did you get?....yeah thats right so you need to shut up....and have you seen eastside play?.....thats what i thought...again shut up...

you have no clue who this is

FAR

and YES
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/15/05 01:05 AM
For all the ones that said Socastee was going to get killed YOU WERE WRONG!!! Our team is sick and just to let yall know one goal is not getting killed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/15/05 02:12 AM
hmm the guys who were bashing socastee saying they we're going to get killed where are you guys now? kthx thought so...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/15/05 02:15 AM
i will admit eastside raped socastee in the first twenty minutes, but no doubt this game was far from a blow out as eastside had more and more trouble towards the end handling socastee, eastside's composure seemed to drop big time after they got the lead, they seemed content to just sit on it, and it about came back to bite them, but almost doesnt count and eastside still one, shame socastee keeper was out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/15/05 02:41 AM
defender i think you meant won not "one" haha...but yes it is a shame that matt abee (GK for socastee) was out...i think it might have made a big difference in the outcome of today's game
I'm here..and I'm more than happy I was so wrong.. major props to Socastee..a MAJOR accomplishment!
Eastside appeared to be one of the most talented teams in the state, but after they went up 3-0 looked to coast and not have much of a head for the 2nd half. I think if Socastee would have played their backup keeper instead of their best defender in the net the first half they would have had a real chance to win. Socastee wanted it more than Eastside, but talent prevailed in the end. As good as Eastside is though, I don't think their fitness would have held up much longer.
Big props to Socastee's boys tonight!!! They really came out and dealt with quite a bit of adversity. I guess the trounced 6-0 D.W. Daniel squad can stuff it.

Eastside is a good squad but I will say that they are a little lacking on the personality side. Win with class, lose with class I always say. Maybe that's more a reflection on the coaching than the young players though
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/15/05 10:53 AM
I believe that not always the best team wins. Socastee showed that on Saturday. Eastside is the best team in the state? A few more minutes they would have seen who the best team in the state was.
Eastside's early pressure definitely was impressive, but I was equally impressed with Socastee's resolve in the second half not to "throw in the towel" down 3-0 and fought back to 3-2. BP65 you have a point when you say a few more minutes and SHS would have had a good chance as I felt the momentum had turned, but give Eastside credit for hanging on for the title. Good match with two very good teams.
Good job Eastside. Hopefully, we'll be there at the end next season! Go Warriors!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/16/05 04:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by random ripper:
For all the ones that said Socastee was going to get killed YOU WERE WRONG!!! Our team is sick and just to let yall know one goal is not getting killed.

yeah but three in the first 20 is
we all know the state championship was played may 5th when eastside and greenville battled it out into three ovetimes...socastee was lucky to get two and only allow three....the upperstate win streak lives on
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/16/05 04:03 AM
Why is it that you folks are trying to take away from Eastsides win? instead of congratulating and talking positively about the game, yall are saying how Socastee is the real champ, and how if it went on any longer they would have proved that.

Number 10 in the Nation
Number 2 in the SouthEast
Number 1 in the State.
Beat Greenville 2 times.
Beat Riverside 2 times.
Won the upperstate championsip 6-0.

try all you want, but you cannot take this away from Eastside. they had a magnificent season and deserve to be state champions. if you socastee folks think your team was the better team, and want to say it was better that they didnt quit, then so be it, but your son doesent have a medal around his neck. so quit your whining, pack your bags and go home..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/16/05 04:05 AM
I left at half-time expecting Eastside to win by like 6 or 7 goals they looked really dominant in the first half. When i got home and saw the final i could not believe it. Just from anyone who knows did Socastee come out on fire or did eastside let up?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/16/05 04:57 AM
eastside let up
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/18/05 02:28 AM
Eastside is no good i play for socastee. The real problem is we did not come out good but when we started to play we won 2-0 but eastside did win but if the game went 20 mins longer we would have won bc we were the better team and they know that so we will bring it home next year. We played greenville and they are not that good, and from what i have heard that is the only good team left up there. NEXT YEAR IT IS ON!!!!
I give your team kudos for not quitting and playing a good game, but you lose all credibility when you say that Eastside and Greenville are not good. Go back to school, you have a lot to learn.
Lowerstate,
I would just like to say that you are a complete moron. Had Eastside continued playing the way they can, they would have smashed you. If we took a poll right now I can guarantee you that 85% of the people would say Eastside is better. You were not the better team. Quit whining like a baby. Greenville is better than you. Next year, Greenville or Eastside will beat you. GUARANTEED.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/19/05 01:56 AM
Lowerstate7 that is the most retarted post I have ever seen. Eastside ran yall up and down! 3-0 with 20mins left. Sure they gave up some weak goals towards the end and I am sure they would be the first to say they were just ready to get out and get to their prom. They got the job done and put ya'll away early and thats why they went undefeated during the regular season! Have a bit of class and give them the respect Eastside deserves.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/23/05 07:49 PM
138 - 19. that was the goal difference this season for eastside. now would you like to tell me what eastside wasnt good at? they crushed yall early with exceptional crosses and perfect touches, and yall scored on weak easy plays. one was a bad ball off the goalie for an easy goal. so quit bein a little baby or another match will be scheduled, one in which their prom wont be following and well see if they can get it 10-0 like they did most everyone else this season.
sure are a classy group
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/24/05 01:20 AM
what does prom being after that have to do with anything?
b/c the team is just no good and ur tired of playing such a bad team and your ready to go to prom where u might actually have some fun....just the mind set might make u a little lazy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Congrats Eastside...Socastee is screwed - 05/25/05 09:57 PM
dear Mr. shutupandplay,

Are you referring to eastside in your sarcastic comment about class? because if i am not mistaken, i do not attend nor pull for eastside. they just have a very good respectable ball club and i was tired of seeing socastee kids and others on here saying how they quit.. socastee was the true victor because they didnt quit, eastside isnt that good blah blah.

so, mr. shutupandplay.. take your own advice, and shutupandpractice, because obviously you didnt do what it takes to get that shiny ring on your finger like the eastside players.
© SC Soccer