SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/16/06 11:20 PM
Who is gonna be the Top 10 in 1A this year and how does Bamberg Ehrhardt Rank with Academic Magnet, Barnwell, Branchville, and Blackville?
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/17/06 07:25 PM
Not sure if I can list a Top 10 in 1A but I will try. This is primarily based on last years stats. Not sure who graduated.

1.Christ Church
2.Academic Magnet
3.Southside Christian
4.Dixie
5.Blackville-Hilda
6.Gov. School
7.Bamberg-Ehrhardt
8.Lincoln
9.Indian Land
10.Tie b/w the other 5 or so teams because they won't complete a full season of games.

Also, you can't compare Bamberg and Academic Magnet. It's like comparing a elephant with a mouse. Congrats. on making Lower State but they were and are on a different level. Blackville-Hilda is a team that you just never know.. If they don't have those two big defenders then they probably won't be as good this year. I know they lost their star keeper. Branchville just plain sucks. They don't even play a whole season, so they aren't worth talking about. As for Barnwell, it doesn't really matter to me since they are 2A.

Good luck to you guys this year. My advice though, work on your techniques and skills instead of relying on the 'boom ball' with you fast guys up front.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/17/06 11:55 PM
Boom Ball is gone our guys up front graduated soo did our keeper, we are playing a slower paced but better passing offense. We'll See what happens
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/19/06 06:17 PM
I would like to know if Buford is still rebuilding or if they have something this year. Use to be really good??? I probably would put them somewhere from 8-10 in the rankings above.
Posted By: Bruticus Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/19/06 06:59 PM
We'll let your signature be the answer to that question. One down year and we're already has-beens...

I love this game! [Smile]
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/19/06 07:11 PM
I wouldn't say has-beens but from a team that was consistently going to the Sate Championship or lower state championship to last year’s team is quite a difference. I was just wondering if you've improved and received new talent to be solid or if you’re still in a slump.

Besides, I don't want you and your team to psyche yourselves up on a post that you misinterpreted.

Good luck to you guys.
Posted By: Bruticus Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/19/06 07:52 PM
I'd say we're movin' on up. We'll see, though. I didn't misinterpret; I was only having good-natured fun.

Get psyched up? We're not the Carolina Panthers. Though, we could use a Stevonne Smith, as every team could.

Good luck and hard work to your team, as well. Soon, the fun starts...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/25/06 01:37 AM
I, like any alumnus, would like to see Buford be competitive once again. However, Bruticus, will J Morris be able to fill in the big shoes the other Morris left? I haven't seen the team play, but I'm quite sure they're still pretty young, and still are a long way from the level they were once at. The good thing about it is that youth doesn't have to be a bad thing in 1A soccer. I once remember hearing the team lost like 13-14 players after 2002, and somehow made the state championship with 2 seniors and a special trio of juniors in '03. Anyways, give me a little feedback Brute. This ol' fogey doesn't hear much news about anything anymore.
Posted By: Bruticus Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 01/25/06 07:12 PM
Franklin,

We have a scrimmage on February 21 at home, 6:30 pm. You're to be the honored guest of the head coach if you'd like to visit. Only one rule: No scouting! [Smile]

That or the tournament the following weekend should answer many questions. Of course, young teams mutate over the course of the season, usually for the better. Some blame coaching; I suspect the weather.

Alas, the boots of certain players like yourself or a certain #7's can never be filled. We just find new players who kick it in their own fashion...and then cobble them towards perfection from there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/09/06 02:11 AM
What are the results of and thoughts on the scrimmages that have been played so far this season?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/09/06 03:06 AM
GSd, I don't think a lot of 1A teams have had a scrimmage yet. I did notice Dixie only winning by 1 against Mid-Carolina. Kind of surprising. Were you guys missing people??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/09/06 03:08 AM
GSd, I don't think a lot of 1A teams have had a scrimmage yet. I did notice Dixie only winning by 1 against Mid-Carolina. Kind of surprising. Were you guys missing people??
Posted By: Loc Dog Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/09/06 03:14 AM
Stevonne Smith? who is that?
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/09/06 06:00 PM
Have a few still playing basketball and a very young team. We are still trying to see where some players strenghts and weaknesses are so there were many changes during the match.
Posted By: Bruticus Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/11/06 05:39 AM
Stevonne Smith? Best receiver in the NFL... Often mistakenly called "Stephen" Smith by lazy NFL Fox announcers who overlook obvious research...

Ring any bells?
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/10/06 07:18 PM
So, how are teams like CC, SSC, and AM looking this year. I assume the same as always. Just curious on the comparison from last year to what you guys think you are going to be this year.
Posted By: AN21489 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/11/06 12:33 AM
(((((((How are teams like CC, SSC, AM, and Bamberg-Ehrhardt looking this year)))))). Give a little respect to Bamberg for getting far enough to play AM in lowerstate last year even if they did get beat.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/11/06 05:46 AM
Lets not go there this early into this season.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/12/06 12:27 AM
Didn't you already say that your team (Bamberg) are a young team that lost the "boom ball" players up front and are working more on techniques this year??? You guys already gave a report. Again, congrats. on making it that far but these teams (CC and AM) are on a different level. Remember the elephant and mouse scenario (in earlier post) you guys got beat like 8-0.....
Posted By: MPSCplayer73 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/12/06 03:13 AM
Academics team is not at all as strong as the team last year their lackin a lot this year but should still be strong in 1A
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/20/06 06:35 PM
How many players did AM loose last year? Which will suffer the most offense or defense?

~Was wondering (even though it doesn't really matter right now) if they made a mistake and put Blackville-Hilda in the top 5 by accident and meant to put Bamberg-Ehrhardt??

~How is SCS this year? Still haven't heard from these guys. They are usually always on here saying stuff.

~Blackville-Hilda has a weak schedule for starting out in #5. When you play 5 teams(10 games) that their combined W/L is 7-50. That will probably hurt your seedings again at the end of the year.

~ Bamberg's schedule is the worst. Granted they are playing 2 top 5 teams in 1A. There W/L ratio for 8 of their 13 games are 4-31. You guys know you need to pick up more games (atleast 16 total)or your seedings will be horrible at the end regardless of what you've done.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/23/06 05:30 AM
what's up with the governor's school?
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/22/06 06:26 PM
Will the real BE please stand up, please stand up!
oh wait, the real BE is 2A(and ranked), my bad!
Posted By: littleplayer316 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/22/06 06:33 PM
In case you dont know Gov school is only Jr. and Sr. year of high school so we get half a new team every year, so you really never know with us, and neither do we. We lost our scrimmage against West Florence 7-1, but thats exactly what it was, a scrimmage. It doesnt mean anything. We're playing West again thursday, Camden saturday, and another team saturday in the WF tourny. Oh by the way, we have 25 people on the team so no shortage of subs.
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/23/06 12:59 AM
Who has the strongest team in 1A?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/25/06 03:54 AM
EDIT: This post has been deleted, changed, what-have you, etc., etc. I hate politics...
Posted By: bigmacwmayo Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/26/06 07:53 AM
Governor's School scrimmaged 4A West Florence at the Chik-fil-A Invitational and lost 2-1 in a close game. At the end of last season they were ranked 2nd or 3rd... I think a lot should be expected of them again this season.
Posted By: ehs1 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 02/27/06 12:54 AM
chuck norris, why dont u just go give someone a roundhouse kick and when ur gonna post on a topic make sure its relavent
Posted By: AN21489 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/05/06 04:54 AM
Chuck Norris, Bamberg is ranked in 1A
Posted By: statechamps Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/06/06 02:58 PM
lincoln is goin all the way i dont think ac or cc can hang with lincoln.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/06/06 04:22 PM
Congrats. to Lincoln who beat Waccamaw. How did that happen?? How are you guys looking this year? Do you guys know of any teams playing in the First Baptist Tournament? Good luck to you guys this year.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/06/06 06:40 PM
Lincoln is tough this year we beat a good waccamaw team then hung with a very good north myrtle beach team for about the first twenty minutes or so. I have to say that i dont think anyone in 1a can hang with Lincoln. They're going all the way
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/06/06 06:45 PM
You may be good but it's a little to early to say your going all the way. At least wait till you plal Academic Magnet next week, then you can start making those types of predictions. Remember Christ Church beat #3 Emerald 5-0 and you guys beat Waccamaw #4 by 1. Still, congrats. to you guys and I look forward to hearing about you guys. I'm always for the under dogs!!!
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/06/06 06:56 PM
CC is a really good team I think Lincoln might be biting off more than they can chew with these comments.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/06/06 07:48 PM
i may have gotten a little ahead of myself on my earlier post but we do have a good team this year and we should contend i guess the picture will be a little more clearer after we play academic magnet
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/07/06 04:36 PM
Lincoln will be 1 of the top runners in there region again this year
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 02:42 AM
Lincoln 4-3 over Porter Gaud I think that we have a little room to talk now that we took out the #2 SCISA team a team that tied Bishop England but there is still a long road ahead before the end of the season so we will know where we really stand at the end of the year
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 03:11 AM
a score was just posted saying Dixie beat SCS 4-1. What do ya'll think? It looks like 1A will be a much stronger league this year than many people tend to give it credit for.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 03:50 AM
So what happened in the Lincoln PG game? Who scored first and was their any outside circumstances that caused this outcome? If not then i must say you guys are pretty good.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 03:52 AM
Also i think 1A is as a whole better this year. Its a great thing to see the little schools building good programs and trying to keep active in soccer during the off-season.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 03:57 AM
I figured SCS lost all of their good players since I have yet to hear from them this year. CC is still the dominate team in the upstate and AM in the lower state. Lincoln, you guys could prove me wrong next week with a win over AM. Good luck to you guys.

I agree about the small schools. I would love to see a Dixie/Buford vs. Lincoln in the State Championship
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 04:42 AM
Yeah i think a lot of people would like to see that. I do believe SCS were made up of a lot of youngsters but they werent a bad team. We played at a very high level tonight which is something we've been missing this entire season. Hopefully we can play that way against AM this weekend.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 06:25 AM
It's good to see the bar has risen a bit in 1A this year.

I'm glad to see Dixie get over the hump and beat SCS. I know there's been some close matches in the past, and they finally came through.

Congrats to Lincoln also. You guys have come a long way since my senior season ('04). Keep it up.

Good luck to both of you against Magnet.

Does anyone know how good Christ Church really is this year? Obviously they reload year after year, but I'm certain they don't have another Tomek. I know they beat Emerald, but I heard Emerald lost a lot from last year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/09/06 05:10 AM
So what happened in the Lincoln PG game? Who scored first and was their any outside circumstances that caused this outcome? If not then i must say you guys are pretty good.

Nothing happened except lincoln showed great skill and it probally should have been 4-1 but lincolns keeper made minor mistakes enabling PG to score
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 06:30 PM
I just wanna give props to Ben Guyette of dixie. He has great ball skill and he killed SCS last night. Im sure anybody from that team would concure that he is one of the best players in 1A
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 06:58 PM
Does anyone know how Buford did last night against Marlboro County?
Posted By: Bruticus Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 07:59 PM
Marlboro 0 Buford 8
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 11:04 PM
Has anyone heard anything about academic magnent have they played any games yet
Posted By: Numba13 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/08/06 11:21 PM
they play friday against Dixie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/09/06 04:02 PM
SCS is very young this year, we lost 9 seniors, 8 of them started, i am one of three seniors on the team this year, we have one junior, 6 sophmores, and 5 freshman, the are very inexpearienced, and still learning to play together, this season will be some what of a struggle for SCS. props to dixie, i was expecting another boom ball game, but they possesed very well, and impoved a lot from last year. also props to their goalie who had a very good game, a lot of key saves for his team.
Posted By: Youth Soccer Fan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/11/06 01:45 PM
Instead of asking what happened to other teams who play Lincoln, you should be asking why is Lincoln so good. 5 reasons; Preston, Adrian, Terrance, Nick, and Darwin.

These 5 players have been involved in Club soccer and ODP since they were 9/10 years old. In addition, Jamal Geathers came from the same small town (McClelenville). The remaining six players for Lincoln don’t have the skills the top 5 have, but they are very fast, very strong, and do not give up. NMB beat them easily simply because that team has been together since they were born (lol). Unfortunately, this will be NMB’s last Hoorah for a few years because they will only have 2 starters returning next year.

Back to Lincoln; It’s simple, 11 athletes and 5 skilled players in key positions on the field.

Parting Quote;

“I can coach a player to play any game, but I Can’t Coach Speed” - Jimmie Johnson (Dallas, Miami, & The U)
Posted By: Numba13 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/11/06 02:23 PM
Did Terrance transfer to Lincoln this year b/c lsat I heard he went to garret.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/12/06 01:45 PM
Well AM stomped us(dixie) on friday night. But it was a good learning experience to see where our program needs to be to compete with AM/CC. However we did beat North charleston 7-2 saturday.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/13/06 02:47 PM
looks like the matchup between am and lincoln this thursday will be a good one especially since academic magnet is coming off a big win over dixie. Is Dixie good this year what happened friday against academic magnet
Posted By: Coach J Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/13/06 03:09 PM
Number 13 happend to them. He can score on anybody, I not sure what school he came from but in our game in feb he was very impresive. We will see how we do with him tonight as we have out regular season match. Last game ended 3-3 but that was early in the pre season. Should be a good game tonight.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/13/06 04:12 PM
AM is a very good team. They are athletic and skilled. However we did not play our best. Our team became very frustrated and disorganized towards the end of the firts half and let 3 goals in during the last 5 minutes of play.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/14/06 03:57 AM
Dixie plays BHP tommorow anyone know what they are about?
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/14/06 07:59 PM
who looks to be the best teams in 1a so far this season and who are some sleeper teams that might make a run at state
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 01:05 AM
From the looks of things, the upper state seems to have better teams. Everyone knows about CC and AM, which unless a miracle happens will be in the State Championship game (but I am for any under dog team to take one of these teams down!!!)

As of now:
1.)CC
2.)AM- Very weak schedule this year though??
3.)Lincoln- Had a great win over Waccamaw, needs some good finishes against AM, Mrytle Beach and Hanahan keep thier #3 ranking.
4.)Dixie- Needs to do the same against their ranked opponents. They need to step it up to even have a chance because loosing 8-1 isn't going to cut it. AM is just as good as CC.
5.)Buford- Weak schedule and haven't really played anyone except Dixie in a preseason tournament. I could see this team dropping out of the top 5. What happened with the Lancaster and Lewisville games???
6.)SCS- This is a young team and I don't expect to much from them. I expect them to stay around here.
7.)Gov. School- Have a weak schedule compared to others (no ranked teams outside 1A). Have lost 5 games already but 3 of those were only by 1 goal. We will after they play Buford.
8.)Bamberg- Haven't played anyone and weak schedule. Quit putting Hunter-Kinard-Tyler on your schedule they always forfeit.
9.)Indian Land- Are you guys only playing 10 games this season?? We will see after tonight when they play Buford. They both beat Rock Hill by 1 goal.
10.)Blackville- Yea...have lost 0-34 in 4 games. I think it's easy to say you guys are out their to have fun. Again, quit putting Hunter-Kinard-Tyler on your schedule they always forfeit
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 02:06 AM
Dixie beat BHP 2-1 tonight. Our keeper Christian Kay made a few really nice saves to keep us in the game. It was pretty hard to score considering they stacked it in against us most of the game.
Posted By: statechamps Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 02:17 PM
thurday is going to be the game of the weak or the month ac vs lincoln i predict 3-1 us lincoln
Posted By: lurker Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 02:55 PM
"game of the weak".

That was probably not meant to be funny, but it was.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 07:45 PM
Thursday's game will be a good one but I don't want to make any early predictions on it but it will be close either way possibly a early glimpse of the lowerstate championship game and will be a deciding factor in who wins the region, and possibly the #1 seed.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 07:51 PM
It's 1A soccer, it was definately funny. Those crazy Fruedian slips!
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 08:04 PM
I agree that was funny?

Anyone know the score of Buford/Indian Land score?
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 08:12 PM
The Lancaster newspaper has the score:
Indian Land 5
Buford 0
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 08:23 PM
Chuck Norris what do you mean its 1a soccer.
Posted By: Bigsby, Clayton Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 08:49 PM
-Breathin all the other schools air-
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 10:46 PM
1a has quality teams that can compete with some of the bigger schools for example christ church lincoln and academic magnet all three have beaten quality teams this year from 2a and 3a so we're not breathing the air of the bigger schools it's just the bigger schools have plenty of kids to play for them so it's not as hard to field a competitive team but the smaller 1a schools don't have that advantage so it is more of an accomplishment for a 1a team to be competitive with the bigger schools
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 11:01 PM
Wow, that's the first time IL has beaten Buford since...2001. Must have been a bad night for Buford, or the running the flatback four finally caught up to them.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/15/06 11:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Biggsbee, Clayton:
-Breathin all the other schools air-

I hear you Clayton. 1A soccer, nothing but good for nothing lazy tricksters!
Posted By: Coach Cady Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 01:24 AM
The Indian Land - Buford score is quite interesting. (Note: I have seen papers switch the scores before - but no special reason to suspect that now - except maybe Frank Lampard's observation) If we could only expect that each team plays its best each game then we could assume that since Buford tied Dixie and Dixie lost handsomely to AM then an Indian Land - AM game might be fun to watch. But we know that teams have good games and bad games, that players get injured or disciplined, etc. The score may show that maybe we have a little more parity this year. Maybe not.

To those that like to poke fun at 1A soccer - why are you here? Why not do something constructive at another thread? Or better yet, take yourself outside, with a neighbor's kid and teach them all you know about soccer. The future would be brighter, no?
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 01:30 AM
Dixie: 6
Ware Shoals: 3

score was 5-0 at halftime. Dixie subbed in several JV players and inexperienced varsity players in the second half.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 01:38 AM
Also to assume that we(dixie) played our best against Buford or AM would be false. Against Buford we were moving kids around like crazy trying to see where they played best. Also two of bufords goals were controversial one being almost surely offsides and another coming from a questionable given PK. And as for AM they are a very good 1A team. We didnt play our best that night by any means but I still think we have a long way to go to be on that level though.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 01:47 AM
No one assumed anything The_Count, re-read the coaches post.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 01:51 AM
I did read his post. However i know how imaginations get around here. So i just wanted to set the record straight before anyone decided to make the post about wow. Indian land must be the second best team in the upstate now sort of thing.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 02:25 AM
all u people that like to talk about 1a soccer I guarantee that the best players in 1a are as good as the players in 4a. Look at the thread on best underclassmen i think you'll see someone in 1a that is probably better than most 4a forwards so if you dont like 1a then get off the thread. We don't go running our mouths about how the only reason the 4a schools are good is because they have 2,000 kids to choose from to field a team. Or that they can afford the best equipment or coaches. some 1a schools are as good as the bigger schools and have just as good of players. So don't make assumptions just because we're small schools soccer can be just as competitive as big schools. christ church can compete with almost anyone in the state so saying we breathe the big schools air is an ignorant post. so like i said before if you don't like 1a soccer and have nothing good to say about it get off the thread!
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 02:54 AM
Very well put. Ive decided to just post 1A scores on this thread since so many people have a problem with the scores of "lesser" teams being posted on the main thread for a dates scores.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 01:29 PM
tonites the big game between lincoln and academic magnet should be a good close game but I think and I hope that Lincoln will come out on top.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 02:52 PM
Does anyone know anything useful about Bamberg? I stress the word useful...
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 02:55 PM
oh man, and I was ready.....JK
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 04:01 PM
I meant to ask the Lincoln players if Preston, Dawin and Adrian are freshman or did they come to your school this year? Last year you won a lot of games but didn't really play anyone and went out in the 1st/2nd round. Your team seems to have done a 180 from last year. If these guys are freshman, I look forward to seeing you guys over the years build and become State champs a couple of times. Good luck to you guys this season (and the future)
Posted By: Lincoln Coach Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 04:24 PM
This is Lincoln's 3rd year with a soccer team. Darwin has been a team leader since the beginning and is a junior now. Each year we have had a talented and hardworking squad, but each year we have struggled with numbers. Many of the wins and losses from the last two years were in games in which we came with as few as 7 and often times only 10 or 11. Character (classroom success, behavior, work ethic) and health have been essential to our team's success. This year we have lost some key players and gained some key players (Preston and Adrian are both freshmen). Our success however will continue to depend upon our character.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/17/06 05:13 AM
Well said coach. Good luck to you guys tonight.
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/16/06 06:28 PM
Lincoln Coach sounds like your kids are lucky to have a top shelf coach. [Wink]
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/17/06 01:46 PM
Lincoln Academic Magnet AM wins 5-4 close game on both sides of the ball Lincoln would have went up 3-1 on a pk but someone crossed the line so they had a rekick and missed then am got a pk and made it 2-2 at the half then back forth the whole game till the final minutes when am scored their 5th goal. well played game and hard fought. Next game should be just as interesting.
Posted By: statechamps Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/17/06 02:00 PM
we lost to AC 5-4 Lincoln we had them in our hands but we did not put them away early we hit the post 4 times, I miss a pk, we miss to many breakaway, we miss 4 wide open goals. we control 65 percent of the game. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THE WE WILL WIN LOWERSTATE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/17/06 07:53 PM
Bold statement Broadway Joe.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/17/06 08:02 PM
Posted By: santee Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/22/06 04:00 PM
Lincoln will win lowerstate!1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/22/06 04:09 PM
CC plays Am on saturday at CC, any predictions or opinions on the outcome of the game?
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/22/06 04:48 PM
CC in a close one.
Posted By: santee Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/22/06 06:57 PM
CC WILL DOMINATE AM. AM ONLY BEAT LINCOLN BY A GOAL.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/22/06 07:27 PM
i hope that academic magnet wins since they beat us by 1 but i think it will be a close game probably go to cc.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/22/06 08:03 PM
I don't think this game will be as close as everyone thinks. I take CC by 2-3 goals.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/23/06 01:11 AM
Saluda 2
Dixie 1

Very close game good effort all around. A good measuring stick for the hornets against 2A competition.
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/23/06 04:11 AM
I think the game will be really tough one. In the past, CC has won by one goal, both times in OT. (2-1 PKs regular season, 1-0 State championship OT). It will be a very good match up.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/26/06 04:37 AM
with AM winning over CC 1-0 and beating Lincoln 5-4 looks to be real tight in 1a. Lincolns got another game with AM on the 6th which will decide the region and possibly the #1 seed in lowerstate. looks like the 1a state title may be coming to the lowcountry this year. Any predictions on what may happen during the playoffs and who will win the statechampionship. I will have to be truthful and biased and say that Lincoln should win their upcoming game with AM and since AM beat CC Lincoln has a legitimate shot at winning a state title in just there 3rd year with a team. Predictions???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/26/06 07:53 PM
AM has a very good shot at winning the state championship, but so do Lincoln and CC. I was at the game, and CC was for some reason missing their best player. #10(Arman) he usually controls the midfeld, and the entire game for CC. CC falls apart when they dont have him, they had no one in the middle to control the game for them!!! AM should of had 5 or 6 goals for them, they several very good opportunities to score on CC. 3 or 4 one on one's with the keeper, and the AM player shanked them wide or over the bar. that black dude #13 in the middle for AM definately dominted the game, he could of easily had a hat trick if he had put his shots on goal, he had one or two one on one that he missed. CC had a lot good chances to score on throw ins, and corners but couldnt find the back of the net. props to the keeper from AM, he had several keys saves in the final miniutes to keep his team ahead.
Posted By: santee Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 02:46 PM
LINCOLN DOMINATED HANAHAN 5-0 ON FRIDAY. LINCOLN HAS A VERY STRONG CHANCE IN DEFEATING AM ON THE 6TH.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/28/06 05:46 AM
What happened to CC? Props to AM.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/28/06 05:48 AM
What's up with my boys in B-ville?How yall doing this season?
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/28/06 05:49 AM
LOOK 1A SOCCER IS EQUIVALENT TO 3A AND 4A GIRLS SOCCER!!! LETS STOP TALKIN ABOUT 1A SOCCER FOR GODS SAKE!!!!
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 06:22 PM
this is a 1a soccer thread so hows about you stop talking about 1a soccer and go to a different thread and talk about 3a and 4a
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 06:23 PM
^This is coming from a guy who plays for Lakewood. HAHAHA, go back to your Gator classic tournament. Don't you know that Sumter and Soccer don't mix??....
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 06:24 PM
good one
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 08:15 PM
STRIKER33 I THINK YOU PLAY REC. OR YMCA SOCCER!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 08:39 PM
Get lost Jackson. Do you even play soccer?! I bet you are so bad they put you on the girls jv team, punk!
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 08:46 PM
PUNK I'LL SHOW YOU A PUNK!!!
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/27/06 08:49 PM
IF I WENT TO A 1A SCHOOL I'D TRANSFER LIKE GEATHERS DID!!!!
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 03/28/06 01:43 AM
no you couldn't transfer because you're probably not even good enough to play for a 1a jv team or even so to even mention your name with jamal is a stupid comment there are plenty of players in 1a that can play for the bigger schools oh yea and what team do you play on jackson or what team did you play on?
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/03/06 12:49 PM
Lincoln vs academic magnet on thursday looks to be a good match. Lincoln will come out on top this time though we are at home and are playing strong right now i think that the 1 goal loss will give us the determination to win this one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/03/06 02:59 PM
am is looking very strong right now, but good luck to Lincoln!!!
Posted By: the peoples champ Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/05/06 01:58 PM
1A soccer is WEAK. If it was up to me I would cut all those teams out. No fans come to the games. i don't even know any 1A team names.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/05/06 03:25 PM
Well dont worry about it then!!! If you dont know any teams name then why come on a thread about 1A soccer? And just for your information Christ Church a 1A school produced a national player of the year a couple years ago so i guess not all 1A schools are terrible.
Posted By: the peoples champ Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/05/06 03:49 PM
Yes they are, when i played club for DSA which used to rule the state before they joined with GFC, we practiced at christ church, and christ church's best prospects sat way down next to the water cooler.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/05/06 09:32 PM
So Tomek Charowski was terrible? I dont think so.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/05/06 11:43 PM
what good do you get out of coming on this thread if you hate it and its not any good of running your mouth about soccer any soccer is good soccer and some 1a teams compete with other bigger schools 3 to be exact academic magnet lincoln and christ church so i dont see why you have to keep coming on this thread and saying those ignorant things my team has one of the best players in the state in preston meyers so obviously 1a soccer isnt that bad so why all the hate for 1a any soccer is good soccer and if you dont like it then dont read it simple as that!!!(period!!!)
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/06/06 02:27 AM
What's up with the Gov. School this year. It must be an off year for you guys? Guess that happens when you loose half your team every year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/06/06 02:57 PM
Tomek Charowski was the one of the greatest high school players SC has seen i a while, i would say he was better than Jamal Geathers, dont get me wrong jamal is very good, but i think tomek was better. now tomek is one of the top soccer college players!!! his freshman year, he lead duke in assists, and was second in scoring, not bad for a freshman!!!
Posted By: BubbleWubble Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 01:37 AM
...so what's hot with any of the 1a soccer teams lately? I haven't heard anything lately
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 01:48 AM
Dixie upset 2A number 3 Saluda 1-0 tonight.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 03:20 PM
lincoln has been playing consistent soccer lately and so has academic magnet. what are some playoff predictions whos going to advance and whos going to go home early. i know its kinda early but playoffs start in may
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 03:22 PM
congrats to dixie for the big win!
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 04:32 AM
Well from the looks of it Lincoln and AM have the lower state final on lock. Upper state should be a little more interesting.
Posted By: CC Player Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 05:39 PM
Upstate will be CC

Christ Church beat JL Mann (3A) 3:2
and Dorman (4A) 1:0
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 05:47 PM
The_Count, I don't believe that is true at all. We all know that CC will go to state from Upper state. No one else has proven they can come close to upsetting them. Atleast in Lower state the game will be a good one between Lincoln and AM. I am always for an under dog (go Lincoln) but if I was a betting man I would say you will see a repeat from last year. Good luck to all.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 06:08 PM
Yeah well there are two spots in the upper state championship game. Thats what i was referring to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 07:22 PM
Upper State will be CC and either SCS or Dixie!!!
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/18/06 09:27 PM
Looks like either Indian land is decent or Buford fell apart as well.
Posted By: littleplayer316 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 02:28 PM
As for Gov School, it is a little bit of an off year for us, but all our games have been really close, weve only lost like 2 games by more than one point (not counting the preseason tourny). It also doesnt help when you loose your starting keeper and your two starting central mids to academic reasons. The results of our games dont really show how they were played. We consistantly have multiple strikes that go off the crossbar every game. Our defense holds its own, we just need to learn to finish, and were starting to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 02:53 PM
i didnt even know indian land is was good, does anyone in 1A upperstate play them?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 02:53 PM
SCS-2
Landrum-1
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 03:18 PM
Well Buford is considered an upper state team now if im not mistaken. Im not sure about Indian land or GSSM but unless Buford lost some players or something a 5-0 or 5-1 win over them is somewhat impressive.
Posted By: BubbleWubble Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 06:52 PM
i didn't even know was indian land had a team...i thought yall were talkin about a theme park...
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 07:22 PM
and by theme park BubbleWubble you meant the kiddy rides right...

On a serious note, is Indian Land upper or lower?? I believe they are lower but am not 100% sure.
Posted By: Coach D Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 07:29 PM
Indian Land is in the same region as Buford, IIIA, upperstate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/19/06 10:59 PM
Indian Land should make things interesting in the playoffs. I'm seeing them as the 3rd seed in the Upperstate. By common opponent, Buford, IL does have a slight advantage over Dixie. However, I don't buy too much stock into preseason tourneys, and I believe Dixie will have 2nd seed.

Count, Buford has lost a lot in the past two years. This year they are a very young team, and are a bit shaky on the defensive side.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/20/06 12:48 AM
Dixie will be the 2nd seed in the Upper state because of their strength of schedule. They play better opponents and more of them. I don't think the common opponent is going to play much of a factor. That's only when the 2 teams are close in comparison. Indian Land should get the 3rd seed (if they win out), Buford 4th, and SCS 5th.

As for Lower state it will be AM, Lincoln, then a toss up b/w Blackville-Hilda, B-E, and Gov. School.

I think it's pretty much clear there are overrall better teams/competition in the upper state this year as far as 1A is concerned.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/20/06 03:12 AM
Another big win for the dixie hornets tonight. We downed Pendleton in Pk's. Very exciting match too by the way. Our keeper Christian Kay came up with 19 saves in regulation then saved 3 in the PK shootout. For the full story check it out under the results for tonights games.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/20/06 02:57 PM
The_Count, congrats to yall for the big win, that is huge for yall!
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/23/06 04:28 AM
Upperstate versus Lowerstate in the smaller classifications (A boys and AA/A girls) is a bit ambiguous. This is because in the past few years, one of the "states" (usually the Upperstate) has a significantly larger number of temas. This has resulted in the seeding committee pulling one region or sometimes individual teams into the Lower state. If they did not, then you would need to win 2 games to win the Lowerstate but the Upperstate would need to win 4 games.

In the past few years, it has been thr rural schools near Rock Hill that have been pulled down to play higher seeded Charleston area teams. I also think that Edisto (Orangeburg area)has played as an Upperstate team b/c of the imbalance.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/25/06 10:31 PM
Dont Count Bamberg-Ehrhardt out against Lincoln, They dont have much of a shot against magnets game, but Lincoln is no Magnet
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/27/06 04:19 AM
SCS-3
Dixie-2

the game went in to PK's and SCS won 4-2. the game was back and forth the whole game!!! both teams had multiple chances to put the game away, but both keepers came up with some amazing saves down the stretch!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 06:44 PM
this is where Blackville-Hilda stands. We have about 7 senior starters on the team. We still lack some skill but have improved greatly since the beginning of the season. Nobody expects us to do well in the play-offs so we have nothing to lose. Just expect us to come with everything we have.
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 06:51 PM
Things are about to get exciting...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 07:03 PM
Can someone list the 1A teams for upper and lower state that will be in the playoffs.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 07:08 PM
upper state is SCS, Dixie, CC, Ware Shoals, Landrum, and Indian Land. i think that is all of them if i am not mistaken!!!
Posted By: Coach D Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 07:17 PM
You forgot about Buford, they are in region III
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 09:09 PM
LAST YEAR's playoffs were as follows:
Upper State:
1 Christ Church
2 Southside Christian
3 Dixie
4 Buford
5 Indian Land
6 Landrum
7 Bye
8 Bye

Lower State
1 Academic Magnet
2 GSSM
3 Bamberg-Ehrhardt
4 Blackville-Hilda
5 Lincoln
6 Branchville
7 Williston-Edisto
8 Bye

Usually at least one new 1A team is created each year as soccer teams are gaining popularity, but I 'm not too sure
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 09:13 PM
Oh, and Congratulations to Coach Troy Bennage of Academic Magnet on his 400th career victory with AM's recent win over Bamberg!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 04/26/06 09:45 PM
congrats coach, awesome coaching career so far!!!
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/05/06 02:47 PM
does anyone know the score between AM and Bamberg last night.
Posted By: Coach Cady Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/05/06 09:43 PM
According to the online version of the Charleston Paper, AM won 5 - 0.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/06/06 01:18 AM
Congrats to all who are advancing to the upper and lower state championship games. Hopefully the games next wednesday will be a little more exciting than most of the matches to date.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/07/06 08:43 PM
yea good luck to dixie as they play CC next wednesday!!! i will be there to watch the game!!!
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/08/06 12:52 AM
Does anyone have a prediction on Divie vs. CC?
Posted By: BubbleWubble Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/08/06 02:04 AM
after hearing about both these teams, im gonna say CC 2-3 Dixie 0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/08/06 07:18 PM
CC-5
Dixie-1
Posted By: guardrail22 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/08/06 07:32 PM
Dixie by one
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/09/06 12:33 AM
i say
CC-6
Dixie-0
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/09/06 01:27 PM
Who will win the Lincoln vs. AM game??? I believe this game will be much closer then the CC vs. Dixie game.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/09/06 01:35 PM
the Lincoln AM game will be very close and will probably be decided in the final minutes just like the last two games. I dont want to make a prediction on whos going to win but i know that after losing twice in the final minutes lincoln will want it that much more.
Posted By: BubbleWubble Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/10/06 04:43 AM
On the other hand, AM has gone to a state championship and lost in the final minutes. This is probably enough to make them want it that much more as well.
Posted By: soccer_4life Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/09/06 05:08 PM
CC will win pretty easily over Dixie. Then they will go to state and play a rematch against AM but with Armon this time and will win state again. I'm not a fan of any of these teams so this isn't a biased statement simply reality.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/09/06 07:20 PM
shaun, we are not for CC, at least i didnt think we were!!!
Posted By: soccer_4life Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/10/06 06:22 PM
Like I said Jared "I'm not a fan of either team I simply stated the truth. Dixie isn't very good and they aren't as good as us. So you know what CC will do to them. Just watch.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/10/06 07:11 PM
are you going to the game shaun?
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/11/06 12:20 AM
if you want to have a conversation with him don't do it on the message board!!!! SCSKEEPER!!
Posted By: futballer117 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/11/06 02:28 PM
Lincoln with a big win over AM 3-2. We beat them when it really counted and third times the charm.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/11/06 03:03 PM
great win for lincoln, good luck against CC!!!
Posted By: cutiger28 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/11/06 03:31 PM
I didn't go to the game, but congratulations to Lincoln and good luck at State. I just wanted to comment on the previous pages' comments on Coach Bennage. He has won a lot of soccer games, but I assure you that most of them are not due to his coaching or preparing his team. I played for him, I know. He has thrived off of having a good amount of kids playing on his teams that have grown up playing soccer on the club level, etc. And most of the teams that the Magnet plays have enferior talent. With the amount of soccer talent that comes and goes through that school, he doesn't utilize resources to improve anything in the program. The program could be a lot more competetive with local soccer schools given a more suitable coach that is organized.

This isn't really a flame, I just didn't want to sit back and watch all these people praise a guy that really isn't a good soccer coach. I'll congratulate Lincoln, but I will assure you that there is no way Magnet should have lost that game with a 2-0 lead, and I'll assume that coaching had a great deal to do with it. I know we lost games because of coaching while I was there. I don't really care much anymore, but the school could do a lot more with its soccer program with a better coach.
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/11/06 09:29 PM
CUTiger-
If you feel so passionately about your opinion, then step up and put your name on your post. Also, for your opinion to have any validity, it is important to know if you were a 3-4 year starter or if you decided to play soccer your senior year and wound up sitting halfway down the bench for every game.

The coaching staff can do nothing about the two major problems at the Magnet.
Posted By: no1scisafan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 01:38 AM
Just think, if CC would just go over to SCISA, you'd have your first public school 1A championship match - Dixie vs. Lincoln. Academic Magnet has players from all over Charleston (different than McClellanville or Williston or Blackville, huh?), so it's not like the other 1A schools. I think Lincoln would kill Dixie, but at least there would just be just public school players on the field for the 1A game. Hanahan used to get to the 2A final, so they've already had 2A all public school championship games, right? It's just a matter of time...
Posted By: Striker33 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 02:16 AM
Before last year, we could have also said this. AM came down from 2A two years ago and if CC was in SCISA we would have been saying this over and over again.

On another note, it is what it is....So, good luck to both teams this Sat. I would love to see Lincoln win and knock CC of it's 1A Championship run.
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 04:58 AM
Wonder how Tony Meyers would feel about his little brother knocking off CC in the finals?? Coach Almeida stopped in to see me tonight...he's so proud of all his boys...If you look back on our U14 OSSOC challenge team that won state, you see players that are now leaders at Lincoln, Wando, Summerville, BE, MB, Socastee, Waccamaw and Academic Magnet. It is so much fun seeing all these guys making a difference at their high schools. Best of luck to all those playing this weekend.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 05:06 AM
that's what quality training does for an individual. You OSSOC guys should be proud of all the players you've raised over the years [Smile]
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 05:18 AM
Something I would like to say as a coach for dixie high school is that I am proud of our guys. Despite the beating by CC I am proud that we were able to get over the "hump" by beating SCS which dixie never got a win over in my days there.

The program has come a longggg way since I was a freshman when we lost to SCS 8 or 9-0. I make no excuses for our programs lack of ability to compete with the private schools that have dominated 1A for so long but Dixie has had only two players with any sort of club experience since there has been an A playoff. I understand that thats no ones fault but our own. To be able to make that next level we are going to have to get our kids interested in club soccer and year round interest. Thats why we are developing along with other schools an Abbeville, Anderson, and Greenwood county soccer summer league system that will hopefully keep kids in this area thinking about and training in soccer during the off-season. Again I would like to congratulate my kids for another succesful season and for advancing farther than a dixie high soccer team has in a very long time.
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 06:00 AM
Did I forget to say...I'm proud of you too...
Posted By: Lincoln Coach Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 11:23 AM
I would just like to comment a little on the points raised. First of all, with Academic Magnet in our region they are the team and program I am most familiar with and I have a ton of respect for their coaches and their team. We have played 5 times in the past two years and I can honestly say that I have learned more as a coach by watching what they do then I have learned anywhere else--and I think it paid off. I could not pay for the lessons that I got from Troy Bennage's team defeating everything I have thrown at him (and yes, I have tried something different every game). Not only that, but as far as organization he is the leader in 1A soccer and has been tremendously helpful to a new coach learning the ropes.
Secondly, the success we are having right now would not be nearly as meaningful if we were not able to play high caliber teams like Academic Magnet and Christ Church and I for one am glad for the opportunity and the competition.
Thirdly, I am very proud of my team also!
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 12:39 PM
Dixie makeing it to upperstate final should of never happened
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 02:53 PM
shut up matt!!! you are an idiot!!!
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 03:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scskeeper:
shut up matt!!! you are an idiot!!!

Yes that is the reason everyone hates you on this message bored who is matt?
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 09:06 PM
Why should dixie have not made it to upperstate? They beat SCS twice the first time was not even close even though the team improved by making certain lineup changes later in the season. Even though the team lost to CC badly so did SCS twice. No one in the upstate had anything on CC this year but dixie was second best.
Posted By: Tool09 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/12/06 10:47 PM
You wouldnt say Indian Land was 2nd best to CC? They didnt lose AS badly (they still obviously lost by a good bit) and they seemed to have more shots on goal than Dixie did against CC. Too bad Dixie and Indian Land did not get a game together this season. But still, I highly resent the statement that Dixie shouldnt of made it to the Upperstate Playoffs.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 12:01 AM
I agree that there could be a gripe there on indian lands part. However I have learned over the years that comparative scores means very little in soccer or any sport for that matter. Also usually if a team like CC puts in 5 goals it could have probably been 7.
Posted By: Tool09 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 12:12 AM
Yea i totally agree..but it is nice to see some half way decent teams here in the upstate now in 1A. Indian Land had alot of seniors this year and i dont know about Dixie but with Indian Land's geographic location and the new growth there in the area around Charlotte..they may be pretty decent in 1A from here on out if they can stay in 1A in the 2008-2010 alignment.
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 12:48 AM
Well as I stated earlier a lot of teams in the abbeville,anderson,greenwood area are trying to start a summer league program since club ball has a hard time competing with football around here.

I hate to hear that indian land could be moving to 2A. Although I want dixie to get better as a soccer program my more prominant concern is that the 1A division flourish. I give CC all the props in the world they are one of the states best soccer programs. However I feel that their dominance of A has caused what little interest the division had to dry up. I would love to see many more A schools gain soccer programs and it would be nice to have some club players as well in some of the smaller programs.
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 02:03 AM
yeah no one in upperstate could match up with CC this year
Posted By: The_Count Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 02:18 AM
Well to be very honest no one in upperstate has ever been able to match up with them. When A first received the right to have a state playoff tomek was there and he stopped anyones chance of beating them. Last year was the best year to knock them off and magnet almost made it happen. Like i have stated earlier until players in A start to take soccer more seriously everyone else has little to no chance of beating them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 03:00 AM
we only lost to them 1-0, and 2-1, last year, we had chances to beat them, but couldnt just finish them off!!
Posted By: johnhalka Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 01:23 PM
This message is in response to cutigers28...
I went to Academic Magnet and played there all 4 years for Coach Bennage. I also just finished up at Clemson and don't really have an idea who you are. Who are you to be badmouthing the coach on a message board of all places? If you really have such a problem with the guy, tell him. Also, perhaps we should consider that our under-achievement over the years was a result of our general lack of discipline as players and not as a result of coaching. That being said, my last 2 years there I thought we played quite well.
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/13/06 01:39 PM
sour grapes taste bad. Hats off to Dixie.
Posted By: no1scisafan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 03:50 AM
scskeeper - are you kidding me? you guys have never had a prayer against cc, and it's not like they're the greatest team ever - they lost 6 games this year and barely won today (??). I heard you've had one goal in the past 10 years against them (and just one shot, too)!!! You guys at scs make a lot of us laugh out loud!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 05:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by no1scisafan:
scskeeper - are you kidding me? you guys have never had a prayer against cc, and it's not like they're the greatest team ever - they lost 6 games this year and barely won today (??). I heard you've had one goal in the past 10 years against them (and just one shot, too)!!! You guys at scs make a lot of us laugh out loud!!

dude you are an idiot!!! that is not true!!! i dont know where that info came from but it is not true!!! five years ago we played them at there place, and lost 2-0 i believe, then we played at our place and beat them 5-0, then lost 3-0 in the upper state, not sure how all of this happened, but it did!!! i dont know who you play for, or if your are even good enough to play!!! you are prolly on here just to talk!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 05:53 PM
Nistelrooy, you better be able to back up what you say in six a side this summer!!!
Posted By: guardrail22 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 09:32 PM
its worht pointing out that AMHS beat both the CCES girls and boys teams on the CCES field this year.

Upstate 1A has a ways to go and its a challenge. 1A schools don't tend to be in large population centers, which is where the club activity is and the likely don't have a great deal of support in the schools compared to the three favorits - football, basketball and baseball.
Posted By: no1scisafan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 10:37 PM
scskeeper, check your facts - you continue to make yourself look extremely foolish. Ask your AD about the last (haven't there been 6?) many years against 1A opponents. A 5-0 victory over CC at your place never happened (was that meant to be a joke?), and would be as unlikely as your becoming President (or First Lady). Guardrail - congratulations on your post. You must feel proud. Good luck next year. Didn't you predict Dixie to beat CC by one? Aren't you somebody's grandfather or something???? Nothing better to do????? I'm out of here. My Ben Lippen boys lost, and I've had enough of this until next Spring. By the way, we lost to CC on their field, but hope to beat them next year at ours. I think Pinewood was the best private school, followed by BE, then CC, then us. Again, SCS couldn't score a goal in SCISA over an entire season. My Dreher boys lost, my Spring Valley boys lost, and CN girls even lost. It was a lousy Saturday for Columbia area teams. At least we were there, though. Check my state championship predictions on another thread. I'm even better than benp and LE Dude, don't you think? Lincoln may have lost (I really missed that one), but they've got the goods to be around for the next few years. Watch out 1A.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 10:44 PM
I missed Dreher/R-side.. and was adamant about Lincoln hanging with CC.. I feel pretty good about my predictions.. who cares what nobodycaresNo1fan predicts?!

Let me know when you reach the big leagues. [Wink]
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 11:02 PM
quote:
Upstate 1A has a ways to go and its a challenge.
Huh? Christ Church has claimed all six Class 1A State Championships and until this year really hadn't been tested for 80 minutes (much less 110). Kudos to Lincoln and that community for rallying behind the Yellow Jackets and giving their all for the entire match at Stone Stadium. Also, congratulations to the Cavaliers for rallying twice to get the game into overtime and eventually winning in the penalty kick shootout!
Posted By: guardrail22 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/14/06 11:54 PM
upstate PUBLIC 1A
Posted By: no1scisafan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/15/06 12:31 AM
Sorry, Guardrail, I just couldn't resist...
How big is Academic Magnet? Oh yeah, it's a HUGE 1A school, ALMOST 2A...
What is its geographic area that it draws from...oh yeah, Greater Charleston (urban/suburban, maybe SOME rural??)...don't forget, this is the biggest argument that the whiners have about BE and CC (SCS doesn't win anything)...
What are the demographics of the students at AMHS...oh yeah, fairly diverse, but PLENTY of "affluent" (another argument by the whiners) students are there.
Just wait until AMHS wins a few championships in a row (it is entirely possible, even likely). You will need to get your arguments together and get ready to defend your teams, because your school has many of the advantages that BE and CC have, and double (??) the student body of CC.

Can we create a new message board "Soccer Chatter For Grumpy Old Men That Are Bored" for Guardrail? He might even be angry, not just grumpy. I wonder why? Is he just mad because Lincoln (boys) and BE (girls) beat the AMHS teams in the playoffs this year? It seems MUCH more deep than that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/15/06 03:03 PM
yes, other than CC, the upstate has a ways to go, especially since SCS is alomst, if not the smallest 1A school!!! other than this year, we have finished third in the state every year!!! i think that is pretty impresive for such a small school that doesnt recruit!!!

scisafan, why are you even talking, lets see i have been on her two years, you have been on here 5 days, i dont think you have the right to start trash talking anybody!!!
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/16/06 04:29 AM
I just wanted to give special props to CC and Lincoln!! That was a very good game. I was especially impressed with Lincoln. They are a very talented team with some impressive players. Notable Preston Myers and Darwin Deas, I think, are very talented teams and college coaches should line up for those two guys. Both are very talented, quick, and very soccer savy. Also, I can't remember their names but #1, #10, #2, and #5, all are talented athletic soccer players. That is a very exciting team to watch and the state should take notice of those players and that team. Not to mention they are a young too. In my opinion, that was the most exciting interesting match in the state championships. I take back what I said about them.
Posted By: Nistelrooy Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/15/06 11:30 PM
What team's in 1A will be strong in 2007?
Posted By: guardrail22 Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/16/06 03:08 AM
scisa - you miss one very significant point. AMHS is a publicly funded academic institution who's admissions are based on academics. They have little if any control over who does or does not apply. And oh by the way afluence has nothing to do with getting into AMHS either.

BE and CCES are private schools who can and will recruit and subsidize athletes as long as they meet other academic requirements. No way you say - sorry but when my son was in high school up here it was experienced by players he knew.
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/16/06 04:06 AM
Congratulations Lincoln...on winning everybody's respect...IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE START TO TAKE NOTICE!!! Great game on Saturday...wish I could have been there...
Posted By: Youth Soccer Fan Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/16/06 01:26 PM
I Noticed...

quote:
Originally posted by Coastal Soccer Club:
Instead of asking what happened to other teams who play Lincoln, you should be asking why is Lincoln so good. 5 reasons; Preston, Adrian, Terrance, Nick, and Darwin.

These 5 players have been involved in Club soccer and ODP since they were 9/10 years old. In addition, Jamal Geathers came from the same small town (McClelenville). The remaining six players for Lincoln don’t have the skills the top 5 have, but they are very fast, very strong, and do not give up. It’s simple, 11 athletes and 5 skilled players in key positions on the field.

Club soccer and the gracious generosity of many parents in the Myrtle Beach / Mt. Pleasant areas turned this little school into contenders. In addition, the same group of parents and Jason (Aiken) were instrumental in getting Jamal (From McClelenville) to USC. I am so glad that these guys are still playing soccer and these athletes should be commended for their efforts. In addition, other soccer clubs should emulate this success and include those who are less fortunate in their programs.

“GREAT STUFF”
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1A Soccer!!!! - 05/16/06 02:58 PM
SCS will be pretty stong next year!!! only losing two seniors!!!
© SC Soccer