SC Soccer
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Pre-Game - 03/14/06 04:32 PM
Any rituals out there?

Personally I always have to get my music going (before games I listen to techno and some metal) and juggle a ball for at least 15 minutes.
Posted By: Nasty19 Re: Pre-Game - 03/14/06 04:50 PM
Playing 4 vs 2 keep away is probably my favorite pregame exercise. But basically it's just lots of passing, touches, and stretching.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 05:05 AM
listen to some music and pass the ball around & take a couple of shots
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 05:07 AM
whatdoesitmatter....the ironic thing about your name is that the answer to your question is "WHAT DOES IT MATTER."
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 05:16 AM
geez man its just a simple question, just interested.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pre-Game - 03/14/06 06:54 PM
Whereas you listen to metal, I try to listen to something peaceful to help me relax. I don't like playing a frantic soccer game, so I tend to warm up in a very laid back manner.

Mostly stretching for a good bit, pass the ball around with my mid-field buddies, and then play some 5v5 keep away in a big coned off area. Oh, and I always lace my boots up the exact same way.
Posted By: aleksandrus11 Re: Pre-Game - 03/14/06 07:38 PM
I listen to techno or occaisionally rap. It all depends on my mood. I also make sure that I juggle.
Posted By: benp Re: Pre-Game - 03/14/06 08:03 PM
Its not really a pregame, but I wear a Real Madrid jersey to all the Ben Lippen games...
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 02:40 AM
we try to sacrifice a goat or small child before each game. Oh and we listen to jack johnson to calm everybody down.
Posted By: chucktowngoalie Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 02:42 AM
We listen to the Disney Robin Hood theme(cartoon one) it sounds wierd but so far it has been good luck
Posted By: The_Count Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 02:46 AM
Thats an awesome song chucktown.
Posted By: goals66 Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 03:02 AM
i think its funny when schools play hard core rap and then edit all of it and it just sounds like 2 minutes of scratched techno
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 03:06 AM
we used to listen to mortal kombat
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 03:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by cap'n walt:
we try to sacrifice a goat or small child before each game. Oh and we listen to jack johnson to calm everybody down.

I noticed you also have a pretty unique ritual of..not playing. Very interesting tactic Walt.

----------------------------------------------

Worst pre-game ever..

Went to Georgetown.. they were playing O.A.R. ..it was 90+ degrees and the place smelled like feces.

M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 03:35 AM
haha cause georgetown is one big paper mill.
but OAR is extra legit. if i had my way.. we would warm up with some bob marley.. some dylan.. dispatch.. ben kweller.. dave.. we would prolly win every game
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 03:50 AM
I wish you could play the game with the music on. That would be fun. maybe run around with an ipod?
Posted By: benp Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 04:13 AM
we had a discussion about this last year.
Posted By: JUGULAR Re: Pre-Game - 03/15/06 02:02 PM
how would you communicate with your team while listening to an ipod. think before you post
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: Pre-Game - 03/16/06 12:40 AM
and i guaruntee your ipod would break because just playing with it on would **** everyone off and make them want to hit you even more.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: Pre-Game - 03/16/06 12:45 AM
i like to just chill with my teammates before the game and listen to rock and metal and just playin around with a ball to loosen up.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: Pre-Game - 03/16/06 12:46 AM
"play"
Posted By: beginnersluck Re: Pre-Game - 03/16/06 01:12 AM
my friend plays baseball and he has to eat a taco and a coke before every game. but that's baseball.

if we did that, im pretty sure us puking everywhere would make that georgetown paper mill field smell beautiful.
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Pre-Game - 03/16/06 01:23 AM
i used to eat sushi before alot of summer workouts
Posted By: lookatmeimatree Re: Pre-Game - 03/16/06 02:48 AM
Prayer is the only way to go. And some hardcore like as i lay dying will do just fine no metal though.
© SC Soccer