SC Soccer
Posted By: imaking JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/29/06 03:49 AM
Big game comin up on Thursday at West Ashley field. With a JI vicotry, there would be a three way tie at the top with JI, Wando and West Ashley. Any predictions and thoughts? West Ashley displayed their superior quickness against Wando so I feel like that could be the difference. Also, will JI come out completly motivated after their tough loss tonight? Should be a good one...
Posted By: imaking Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/29/06 03:50 AM
Friday...my bad...
Posted By: soccer2888 Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/29/06 02:32 PM
I think JI should handle West Ashley. If they keep their heads up and play their game they should take care of business. I think it'll be 2-0 JI.
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/29/06 04:35 PM
JI is a much better squad than WA. If they come out to play, dont let up, and put one away early they should have no problem. JI 2-1.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/29/06 08:22 PM
JI should win as long as they come to play but WA is still dangerous so they cant have any lapses in the defense. JI 2-0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/31/06 03:01 AM
You think just because JI has a higher ranking that WA cannot win. The speed of the two forwards, toughness on defense and a home field advantage will prove to be the difference. I disagree with you all. WA WILL WIN 2-0!!!!!
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/31/06 04:28 AM
Who do you WA kids think yall are now? ever since yall beat wando yall havent shut up. yea it was a great win for yall but you think your done now. well surprise theres more than half the season left so good luck.
Posted By: Coach J Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/31/06 02:51 PM
Lampshade you need to stop disrespecting us.. You do not give us any credit. You talk all the time about your team. Whats the problem. No one is saying anything that is bad. You have pride so do we. Lighten up and worry about your game tonight.
Posted By: imaking Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/31/06 04:47 PM
I agree with J...fans will be fans and finally the WA fans have a team to be proud of. The girls team has overrshadowed their accomplishments since the school was formed in 2000. This team outhustled and showed more heart and pride when they played Wando and they deserve to be in the spotlight now. JI is in a for a rude awakening if they think tonight is going to be an easy game. Tonight will be a close and competitive game and I am looking forward to it. Lamp, you just need to settle down and accept the fact that maybe somebody else is stealing some of your spotlight. You can't always be on top and as of right now WA sits at the top at 4-0. Facts remain facts and JI couldn't put Wando away and WA did....no arugment needed...
Posted By: Crabb Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/31/06 04:51 PM
I agree guys, West Ashley should certainly get some respect simply because they deserve it! Should be a great game, wish I could see it. This game could go either way, but I am sure the team that wants it the most will come out on top.

Best of luck to both teams...
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 03/31/06 06:13 PM
wildcat no one said that JI would win because they were a higher ranking. JI will win becasue they are a superior team. If JI comes to play, the will come out on top.
Posted By: imaking Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 02:16 AM
JI wins 1-0. Very great game with a close second half. I would congratulate JI but after the victory their players waltzed around our fans outside of the stadium handing out pieces of paper called "Things that West Ashley plaers have said". On this paper were quotes from this website with things that people had posted that were taken extremly out of context. Here is an example: "JI is in a for a rude awakening tonight." When you can scroll up and read that I also said "Tonight will be a close and competitive game and I am looking forward to it." I am a very unbiased party because I graduated 4 years ago and am now working the scoreboard for community service and I found this to be the most unsportsmanlike act I have ever seen. I never played soccer for WA so I am obviously not a "player on the team". This was a great game to watch and my experience was ruined by some bratty high schoolers who obviously haven't learned manners and respect. I hope that this action will not be represented at their return match later on. This is not only a bad image on their team but on their coaches and their fans. I hope that this act wasn't accepted by their coach because he might have lost alot of respect from alot of people in the coaching community. Other than that incident I had a great time at the game. Just learn to grow up and act like adults when the next match rolls around.
Posted By: OnTheField Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 03:11 AM
Red Necks
Posted By: Coach J Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 03:41 AM
It was a great game. 1-0 JI at half. First Half JI had most of the possesion and out played us.. Second half we turned it up and it was a very intense half. We had at least 2 chances that I felt we should have finished and had a goal. Our keeper made a big save to keep us close. James Island is a good team and were very good sports both during and after the game. It is tough to lose this way but that is the way this game goes. The region is going to come down to the end and I must say it is going to make for some very good soccer over the next few weeks.
Posted By: OldRef Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 04:56 AM
Coach J: I think you are a class act!
Posted By: benp Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 05:04 AM
I thought it was a classy post, coming after imaking's.
Posted By: imaking Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 05:33 AM
Just thought I should share my thoughts after I witnessed a classless showing
Posted By: 4Astriker7 Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 05:40 AM
I agree with coach J. The next couple of weeks should be fun for teams, parents, and the fans. Soccer is a game of class, and everyone should treat it like that. Off the field it is fair to be friends and make jokes with the other team, but when the time comes to play the game it's every team for themselves. We wont stop playing hard, and neither should WA (not saying they were going to) because this season will end on a great note for Region 7.

Lotta Heart Wando, Lotta Heart!!!
Posted By: hardcoldtruth Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 06:39 AM
darn hooligans those james islanders
Posted By: imaking Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 07:03 AM
Sorry about my long post but I just got caught up in the moment. Great game tonight and I hope the next one is just as good.
Posted By: Coach J Re: JI at West Ashley- JI Wins 1-0 - 04/01/06 11:55 AM
Thanks old ref and benp.
© SC Soccer