SC Soccer
Posted By: Hawk.. Best Strikers - 03/30/06 03:40 AM
Who you guys think is the best in the state i know we have alot but i just want a countdown of 5 strikers
Posted By: benp Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 04:44 AM
1 Jamal Geathers-South Aiken (just talked to him tonight, and he plans to start playing again in 2 weeks or so)
2 Zack Prince-Irmo
3 Kyle Hughes-Ridge View
4 Andrew Evans-BC
5 Enzo Martinez-Northwestern

By no means are these supposed to be the best. But these are certainly 5 of the best. I'm sure there are some lowerstate ballers that I haven't seen. And NMB probably has someone. I believe Kevin Ruck is a midfielder, but I've seen him score some unbelievable goals.
Posted By: OnTheField Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 10:36 AM
Is Jamal injured?
Posted By: futballer117 Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 01:24 PM
preston meyers only a freshman and making a huge impact
Posted By: Hawk.. Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 02:31 PM
This is my list..

1. Carlos Chrinos (you cant reach the same speed he has and how hard he hits the ball.

2.Zack Prince.. i saw him like a year ago and he was really good.

3.dont know his name but he plays for Wando tall kid. i think # 7

4.Jamal Geathers.. his quick..

5.The guy from dutch fork i think his a senior. nice skills
Posted By: benp Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 09:51 PM
Who is Carlos Chrinos? He goes to Hilton Head right?
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 09:58 PM
Carlos Chirinos is a senior forward for Hilton Head. He's very good and is one of the top 3-4 players I've seen this year. I've been familiar with him since the Seahawks have played in the past three Palmetto Cups and he's been outstanding. Look forward to seeing HH April 12-15 in Cayce/West Columbia!
Posted By: Crabb Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 10:00 PM
Hilton Head's Chrinos is most certainly one of the best offensive players in the State, no question. However, Christian (HH) is also a heck of a stiker although I feel he plays the game better at center mid. He is a good striker but an awesome center mid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 10:42 PM
Yes both Carlos and Christian should be on that list I have played against both and they are both very good players. They are very accurate with there shots I think thats what they are so good at and they are super quick. Im not sure if yall have heard of Diego Miranda but he is on Bluffton and he is a good striker as is playing well for our team right now he has scored more than 4 goals in the last 4 games I think.
Posted By: city of aiken soccer Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 10:44 PM
From who i have seen play this year...
1. Jamal (as soon as he starts playing)
2. Skyler Reardon (considering what he has to work with)
3.Zach Prince (irmo makes him a superstar)
4. Kyle Hughes (considering who he has on his team)
5.Andrew Evans ( hes going to carolina rigth? )
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 11:29 PM
how can you have jamal on the list if he is not even playing. That is pretty unfair to the people who are putting up goals this season while he does nothing...
Posted By: OnTheField Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 11:45 PM
Why is he not playing?????
Posted By: Nasty19 Re: Best Strikers - 03/30/06 11:49 PM
Carlos from HH is unbelievable. If you havent seen him play than trust me. A combination of speed and power that has got to be up there with the best in the state.
Posted By: mbplay4life Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 12:43 AM
if you have ever seen Jamal play or even heard of his game you would know why he is on the list.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 01:35 AM
what about alex acree from irmo, incredibly fast with fantastic ball skills
Posted By: Always Right Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 01:40 AM
If Geathers isn't playing high school then how can he be selected this year? As for Acree at Irmo there might be too much baggage with that player.
Posted By: pappy15 Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 01:42 AM
It's actually pretty simple why Jamal is listed even though he isn't playing. He is better than everyone else.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 01:44 AM
If that is the case, you should list Arroyo!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 02:53 AM
city of aiken soccer...we arent that bad so shut up
Posted By: benp Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 03:00 AM
No, Arroyo will not play this year at all. Jamal will be back in 2 weeks. Yes, Arroyo would be more than likely included in the top 5, but he isn't a high school soccer player anymore, while jamal still is.
I also look forward to seeing Carlos at the Palmetto cup. Maybe after the tourney, I'll be able to include him in such a prestigous list.
Posted By: DHSocca06 Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 03:00 AM
Always Right...what do you mean by too much baggage? This forum is not here to learn about anything other than what happens on the field. The topic was best strikers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 03:10 AM
Robert Wright from West Ashley has incredible speed and a knack for finding the net. Why aren't there any references to WA?
Posted By: benp Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 03:13 AM
Baggage or not, Acree is probably top 20, but probably bottom 10 of that.
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 03:51 AM
Very good point...If you can list Jamal then freaking list Arroyo. You say Jamal can be on the list because he is still better than everyone else even though HE IS NOT PLAYING. Well the same can be said for Arroyo...
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 04:16 AM
robert is THE FASTEST player i've seen, however his touch is very weak and needs a lot of work.
Posted By: city of aiken soccer Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 12:52 PM
We need more lists...who are the top five? And with Arroryo, What did he do agianst quality teams last year, i know North Western always has a pretty week sch.
Posted By: ihs12 Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 03:34 PM
how can you compare players that arent playing??? SIMPLE, you canNOT compare players that are not playing, so imo i think Jamal and all other players that are currently not playing should be NOT be listed. i agree he is a great player but we should keep the "lists" to current players. hence the word "play" in players.

benp, why Acree so low?
Posted By: pappy15 Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 06:30 PM
If Jamal just sets foot on the field for the playoffs SA has a chance to repeat. With a already solid team Jamal could take them to the top again.
Posted By: pappy15 Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 07:27 PM
Alex Acree is a good player but he does have some baggage thats for sure. He looked to possibly be better than Zach and Christian when he was younger but some behavior problems have slowed his progress. He is still a great player though.
Posted By: benp Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 07:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ihs12:

benp, why Acree so low?

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. The top 5 I listed are incredible players, and Acree is too, but just not quite on the same level. To be included in the top 20 is still fantastic. I know that Acree would probably be the best player on nearly every team in the state, but he is simply not a top 5, and probably not top 10. (hell, I'd love to be top 50, but i can't even get the ball to the goal from outside the 18).
Posted By: city of aiken soccer Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 09:01 PM
who are you benp
Posted By: ihs12 Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 09:28 PM
pappy15, i am going to have to disagree. i really would like to know what baggage you and a few others mentioned.
if even he does possess this so-called baggage, how does this effect his play on the field?

this so-called baggage, imo is irrelevant
Posted By: benp Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 10:13 PM
I'm Benp...I support Ben Lippen...what more do you want to know?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Strikers - 03/31/06 11:56 PM
Dude, give that NW weak schedule a break.

He can score on anyone in the league and is currently scoring on all the D2 schools during the CESA college tour.

Skip the weak schedule crap. If you still think DF is a 1 or 2 ranked team, then the entire 4A is weak...
Posted By: WhatDoesItMatter Re: Best Strikers - 04/01/06 12:29 AM
allstate-status how about a report on how arroyo is doing? some stats maybe?
Posted By: pappy15 Re: Best Strikers - 04/01/06 01:45 PM
IHS12, I do not know this for a fact but a couple of my friends played for Irmo last year and i think he was kicked off the team at some point and expelled from school.
© SC Soccer