SC Soccer
Posted By: uihwki Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 03:41 AM
Dorman 3
Carolina Academy 0
Pinewood Prep 3- Seneca 0
Hat trick by Ben Allen--way to go!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 05:13 AM
Walhalla 2
Byrnes 1
Greenville 5-0 winner over Greer
Hillcrest 5-0 winner over Hammond
NMB 5-0 winner over Christ Church
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 06:14 AM
5-0 over Christ Church.. nooice.

Coach Merricks.. don't get my hopes up again this year! You guys kill me come post season!

Best wishes to you and your squad.

(by the way.. i was in Surfside for spring break.. as you probably know.. surfing in 50 degree water without a spring suit is NOT advised [Big Grin] )
Posted By: benp Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 06:27 AM
Interesting scores. NMB! Hammond??? Pinewood! Looks like Dorman NMB is gonna be a really good game. Pinewood Hillcrest should be interesting. Greenville will dominate and on points make it to the final. I'm guessing that NMB and Dorman will be close, and Pinewood will get enough points on Hillcrest to make it to the final.
NMB 2-1 Dorman
Pinewood 3-0 Hillcrest
Posted By: Coach J Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 12:01 PM
NMB is a solid squad.. they play very fast and know each other well. Thier defence is very good and they have guys who can find the back of the net. We played them in the pre-season and they are for real... They should get the finals aginst Greenville. That will be a great game. Good luck NMB and Coach Merricks.
Any updates today?
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 10:06 PM
NMB lost to Dorman by 1 and Hillcrest defeated Pinewood. It will be Hillcrest and Greenville in the finals. I'll take Greenville 3-1
Posted By: benp Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 10:17 PM
Hammond 2
Seneca 1

Hillcrest 2
Pinewood 1
Interesting result, Pinewood gave up a dissapointing goal off a free kick.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 10:19 PM
Greenville 5-1. Hillcrest cannot handle Gville.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/01/06 10:21 PM
thats a prediction by the way...
Posted By: neen1961 Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 01:02 AM
Walhalla won by forfeit.
How do you win a game in a tournament with a forfeit? That's total bush league!
Posted By: benp Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 02:12 AM
Who forfeited?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 03:07 AM
Hammond school went home because of a family emergency so they forfeited that game.
Posted By: benp Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 03:10 AM
Interesting, what is the word on the Dorman Pinewood, and Hillcrest Greenville games? And who does NMB play?
Posted By: Bear Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 03:12 AM
Dorman 2
Pinewood 0

Scoreless for 60 minutes. Enjoyable match to watch.
Posted By: NOTREBMALHH Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 01:57 PM
Is there an all-tournament team ?
Posted By: GFCPOP21 Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 02:03 PM
They said that the remainder of the all tournament team will be announced later. The twins (Jack & Jeff) from Greenville were announced that they were on the team and Blair Rushing was MVP.
Posted By: GFCPOP21 Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 02:06 PM
Greenville - 4
Hillcrest - 0
2 - 0 at half. Greenville is big, strong and fast. Very well disciplined and coached team, they do not make many mistakes.
Posted By: The Hammer Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 02:33 PM
Looks like Greenville is the best team in the state this year!
Posted By: Play on Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 09:12 PM
Always Right looks like you might be wrong this time...I encourage you to checkout the Sports page of The State today for some clarification of Hammonds forfeit...You can also find it on Thestate.com if the paper is not available to you...For even more information on the trials and tribulations of this fine young man try caringbridge.org/sc/ericlayer/index.htm...
Sometimes its best to know the story before one concludes that its "bush league"
Posted By: benp Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/02/06 09:59 PM
What about NMB's 3rd game?
NMB 6 Carolina 0,
Fun, friendly match, both teams subed heavily.
Carolina has a good team,they were banged up like everyone else, but played with alot of heart and enthusiam. Great Tournament, thanks Nick. Kyle Turner - Senior Midfielder for NMB was named to the All-tournament team, he stepped up big when the team needed him to.
NMB has to be a joke.. They lost to Dorman who didnt even make it to the finals.. So what place does that put NMB for the tourny.. Enough said Gville will win 3A.
Posted By: punter Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/03/06 10:37 PM
G UNK, did u ever have bad game? They lose one game and they're no good, hmm didn't grnvlle lose one. Hey Newt how's that.
Posted By: benp Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/04/06 07:33 PM
Perhaps Dorman should have "run up the score" on NMB...
Posted By: GFCPOP21 Re: Greenville Soccer Showcase Scores??? - 04/04/06 07:38 PM
Kickman - Hillcrest only allowed 1 goal prior to the finals. Did you see the Pinewood game? If so you know the score should have been somewhere around 5-1. Hillcrest missed at least three uncontested wide open goals. They simply did not finish. Beating up Hammond, I assume youe mean running the score up to 5. You know Carlos would have liked to have scored more goals just for that particular reason (goal differential), but they didn't. Dorman beat Hillcrest in their regular season game by PK's. I think the best teams on that day in this tournament made it to the finals. Simple.
Not many close games in this tournament. A suggestion would be better brackets for the future! Not much competition for Greenville.
© SC Soccer