SC Soccer
Posted By: 90 Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 01:10 AM
Playoffs are coming up and it seems like the lowerstate has some great matches ahead...what does everyone think?
I think all of our minds are set on Northwestern winning the upperstate, so who plays NW for the title?
Posted By: zokker_king Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 02:20 AM
i know Spring Valley is lower state, is Dutch Fork? Irmo? Hilton Head, Wando, James Island ... seems to me any one can knock off anybody.. second round games could be killers.. Winner of Spring Valley - Wando. Who travels to Hilton Head? Region 7 plays R8 first round, what about second round region matchups? info
Posted By: Hawk.. Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 02:38 AM
if Irmo's and Dutch Fork's region stay this way and both of them win their 1st round of playoofs HH would play Dutch Fork 2nd round and Irmo 3rd..
Posted By: 90 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 02:41 AM
That is a tough schedule for HH. I believe Wando is in that section of the bracket as well.
Posted By: benp Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 04:39 AM
It was brought to my attention tonight, that if NW and SA win out (which they certainly should) the game between them would be played at South Aiken, which would make a big difference in that game. I certainly still pick NW to win it all, but winning the upperstate first isn't going to be easy...even if jamal is only 80%.
Posted By: futbol05 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 04:40 AM
What is the update with Jamal?
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 11:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by benp:
It was brought to my attention tonight, that if NW and SA win out (which they certainly should) the game between them would be played at South Aiken, which would make a big difference in that game. I certainly still pick NW to win it all, but winning the upperstate first isn't going to be easy...even if jamal is only 80%.

Along those lines...

I know that tiebreakers within the regions are determined by each region, but how is home field advantage determined when the same seeds meet in the playoff if they didn't meet in regular season?
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 12:02 PM
Cornerflag, "If two teams finish in the same position within their respective Region, the bracket will determine the host.", that is from the 4a handbook. I guess you would have to see the bracket to actually see who would play at home. But as I am looking at it right now I can tell you it is South Aiken that would be hosting Northwestern in the third round on May 6 if both teams win through.
I also see Wando(and these are my picks) hosting Irmo in the second round with the winner playing at the winner of the Dutch Fork/Hilton Head game.

May 4th and May 6th will have some great battles that will leave some good teams behind. Lower state playoffs will again promise some great soccer.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 12:05 PM
For lower state I have these teams facing off in the second round(becuase the first round is mostly a joke)....
James Island at Spring Valley
Ridge View at Summerville
Irmo at Wando
Dutch Fork at Hilton Head
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 12:13 PM
Anybody else with lower state picks? I dare not prognosticate past the second, I mean this is high school and you never know who will show up, reall.....will SV play in May? Can Irmo fix the kinks in time? Wando Wandon't? Will the constant red cards shoot HH in the foot? Will DF ever come back from Europe?.....So, how about BE for 2A?
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 12:32 PM
As Peter LeFleur said in the movie Dodgeball...

"Thank you Chuck Norris!"
Posted By: Hawk.. Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 12:34 PM
who cares about 2 AA. wow.. i didnt see Wando was playing against Irmo 2nd round this years playoffs could be the year for good teams to play against each other. If a team from Lowerstate wins it all then because of the bracket they didnt just play easy teams.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 12:42 PM
Yeah the 2A thing was a joke becuase we all know BE will win. I have Wando(and again, those are my predictions for finishes) winning their region and beating Beaufort in the first round, Irmo finishing 2nd and beating South Florence to face Wando AT Wando. Lower state will definately be rough, that winner will most likely still be licking wounds on May 13th.
Please no offense to a great Northwestern(and guess I shouldn't count out SA, Lexington, or fort Mill) team, but if you can make it through lower state, then you deserve a state title!
Posted By: Hawk_08 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 03:30 PM
quote:
Anybody else with lower state picks? I dare not prognosticate past the second, I mean this is high school and you never know who will show up, reall.....will SV play in May? Can Irmo fix the kinks in time? Wando Wandon't? Will the constant red cards shoot HH in the foot? Will DF ever come back from Europe?.....So, how about BE for 2A?
Wow Chuck, Lower state is looking to be as climactic as Walker Texas Ranger.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 03:54 PM
So.. this is where things stand as of today in 4A.. (though much is still to be decided)

Upperstate
R1 - Greenwood
R2 - Byrnes

R3 - Fort Mill
R4 - Aiken*

R1 - T.L. Hanna
R2 - Dorman

R3 - Gaffney
R4 - Lexington*

R3 - Northwestern
R4 - North Augusta

R1 - Wren
R2 - Hillcrest

R3 - Rock Hill
R4 - South Aiken

R1 - Easley
R2 - Mauldin

Lowerstate

R5 - Spring Valley
R6 - Hartsville

R7 - James Island*
R8 - Summerville*

R6 - West Florence
R5 - Ridge View

R8 - Fort Dorchester*
R7 - West Ashley*

R7 - Wando*
R8 - Beaufort*

R5 - Irmo
R6 - South Florence*

R8 - Hilton Head*
R7 - Stratford

R6 - Sumter*
R5 - Dutch Fork

*pending
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 03:59 PM
Come on LEdude, what do you see past that?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 04:17 AM
I see My boy Kyle H going down and beating Summerville.They are all f-ed up right now. Watch out!
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 04:49 AM
Which #1 seeds are essentially locked?
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 05:50 PM
i agree with Chuck, the lowerstate has more teams of quality in it. Upstate has what 3 maybe 4 good teams? Most of the teams in the playoffs from lowerstate have a chance to make it to the state finals. The team that works the hardest and comes out of lowerstate deserves the state tital. No offense to Northwestern or SA but they just dont have to play strong teams in the playoffs, until each other.
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 05:51 PM
PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 05:56 PM
Didn't have time to go into detail (I actually go to class sometimes)..plus it has been suggested that I let Benp handle all the predictions.. I'll live dangerously though.

With Aiken being their next match after losing out on #1..I see Lex coming out strong..securing #2 - Decent showing at PC and 3-4 Dreher..they aren't hot ..but a quality side.

Wando's 5-0 win over WA tells me their upset after the PC..they looked REALLY good at times against SV..I think they'll secure #1 in region against JI.

JI has two tough matches coming up.. I think they end up #3.

Hilton Head takes #1, S-ville is on a bad skid..maybe it was just being in Cola..but their match is at Ft. D ..Ft. D takes #2..and so on.

Sumter/S.Flo depends on if Sumter beats Hartsville..neither make it past the 1st round..
..shall we continue?

Upperstate
Greenwood
Byrnes

Fort Mill
Aiken

T.L. Hanna
Dorman

Gaffney
Lexington

Northwestern
North Augusta

Wren
Hillcrest

Rock Hill
South Aiken

Easley
Mauldin

Lowerstate

Spring Valley
Hartsville

West Ashley
Summerville

West Florence
Ridge View

Fort Dorchester
James Island

Wando
Beaufort

Irmo
South Florence

Hilton Head
Stratford

Sumter
Dutch Fork

2nd Round - Upperstate

Greenwood
Fort Mill

Dorman
Lexington

Northwestern
Hillcrest

South Aiken
Mauldin

Lowerstate
Spring Valley
West Ashley

Ridge View
James Island

Wando
Irmo

Hilton Head
Dutch Fork

QuarterFinals - Upperstate
Fort Mill
Lexington

Northwestern
South Aiken

Lowerstate
Spring Valley
James Island

Wando
Dutch Fork

could be Irmo/HH or any combination of those

Upperstate Championship
Northwestern
Lexingtong

Lowerstate Championship
Wando
Spring Valley

State
Northwestern - 4
Wando - 2

..happy?

(I'd laugh like hell if anything past the QuarterFinals actually happens)
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 06:14 PM
Yeah, I'm looking at the same thing. Although I have JI as the #2 seed in region7 playing SV in the second round. So that knocks on of them out then. After that I have SV playing Summerville for a shot at Lower state. As for Wando, Irmo, HH, And DF...well like you alluded to anything can happen there.

Upper state I figure the same, with NW marching into Stone with a purpose!
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 08:06 PM
LE....... How did you get into my excel spreadsheet?
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 08:10 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Mauldin upsets South Aiken.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 08:28 PM
I'm not completely sure of this, but region 2 in 4A (Dorman/Mauldin) has not been decided yet. According to the schedule, they still have to play each other one more time, as well as win their other region games.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 09:32 PM
Brackets

quote:
Originally posted by futbol(soccer):
LE....... How did you get into my excel spreadsheet?

After my March Madness fiasco..I've gone to great links to avoid similar episodes..

CF- You are correct. I saw 8-0 and assumed (incorrectly) that they were done with region play.

Chuck- If i've thought this out right..and under the assumption that JI is a #3 seed..then they'd play SV @ SV (note again..on MY bracket) ..so i'd have to give an edge to SV..
Posted By: Import Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 09:43 PM
Thanks LE, appreciated the info. A real learning experience for me. Lower strong. Hope they don't beat up on each other to much.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/19/06 10:35 PM
..for the lazy ones out there.

-
(Save the image..use paint or whatever to make your bracket)

Like so...
 -
Posted By: 90 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 12:58 AM
I believe Irmo will defeat Wando. The Yellow Jackets have a stronger squad with more individual talent. Although Wando works better as a team, I believe the Warriors will fall to the Jackets.
I also believe that Fort Mill will triumph over Lexington, and wouldn't it be somethig if the T'Breds beat NW?
(All of my predictions are depending on no upsets in the first few rounds.)
I may be walking out on a limb..what does everyone think about those predictions?
Posted By: OldRef Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:44 AM
Hey Dude - You make some interesting predictions. I'm not so sure about James Island @ Fort D. I think I favor JI, but Fort could make it very interesting at home. Dutch Fork @ Hilton Head should be a great game. I like HH since they don't have to make the bus trip. You're probably safe with Beaufort losing to Wando since they are playing in MP. Summerville @ WA could be interesting, but right now they still have a chance to beat Fort D for #2 seed and could still win the region. S'ville lost to WA early, but both teams are pretty equal. Over all I like Spring Valley to come out of the top half of the lower state draw. The lower half is much tougher and more balanced. If HH is good enough to beat Wando on the road, I like their chances playing them or Irmo at home. It's a 3 hr bus trip from Irmo. HH has a big hurdle to jump Friday vs Beaufort. They have some big wins this year and will be ready to play.
Posted By: 90 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:55 AM
I agree with you Oldref that James Island will take Fort D. However, I don't see Hilton Head defeating Dutch Fork. Many may say Dutch Fork is overrated, but I believe when those boys are ready to play, they are a tough match. I agree with your prediction that Spring Valley will take the top half. With my knowledge of the teams, I believe Irmo will squeeze a win over Wando...despite Irmo's trouble between the pipes.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 03:09 AM
I admit..I have seen very little of the Charleston area teams (just Wando)..so those predictions were based mainly on results and 2nd hand info.

Should be quite interesting.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 03:18 AM
LE Dudeman,
Great report on Irmo/Daniel game! You must have picked up some pointers from benp. You know I enjoy every opportunity I get to disagree with you (especially since you SOLD out to CESA for 40 pieces of silver)............
So here is my take on 4A - Lexington may not beat Dorman, but if they do they will not beat Fort Mill. But the Upper in already decided - NW.
For the Lower: HH has a tough road to a final with NW, but they are my pick. HH should take DF due to its incredible offensive weapons, and the game is at HH. HH v. Wando will be a war, but HH prevails. HH will take SV at HH to make the final.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 03:30 AM
Dude..do you have any idea how hard it is to keep the minutes straight when the clock counts down from 40! My brain was not meant for such high math..
Posted By: benp Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 04:22 AM
 -
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 04:29 AM
not sure what region 5 teams it will be, but i agree lowerstate will be a region 5 showdown, and upperstate will be a region 3 matchup with northwestern and fort mill
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 04:55 AM
Benplippen,
You need to sharpen your crayons.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 05:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:

You need to sharpen your crayons.

..heh..true.

Clean 3A Bracket
 -

My picks.
 -
NMB/Dreher should be a battle.. I give Dreher the edge b/c of homefield..and the lost of John Ross Cramer

Dreher gets the edge over BC due to re-injury of JC Gypin.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 01:59 PM
I can see how Dreher will make the finals (much easier bracket than upstate), but how do you figure they will beat Greenville? They can't put 4 goals on the board v. Greenville. Maybe 2 at the most.
Greenville, is after all, # 1 in the whole entire nation!!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:06 PM
"much easier bracket thatn upstate"??!! How can you say this with the powers of Crestwood, Bluffton, Marion, Wilson, and Lakewood representing?

Yeah, yeah, I already know...don't count out "insert your favorite bad team here", they will suprise somebody!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:08 PM
..there is no reason.

If the four horsemen arrive and the last judgement is upon us..I want to be the first one to call it.

Edit: Dreher does need to watch out for Lakewood though.. apparently those kids scored 48 goals in two matches. Rushe might have to take some Yellow Jackets and a case of Red Bull to keep up with these kids.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:13 PM
Jeez, who in the heck were they playing the Crestwood Cones?
Posted By: OldRef Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:25 PM
Article in paper yesterday revealed that Diego Miranda is out with back injury for the rest of the season for Bluffton. They have some other good players, but I don't see them getting past BC in the second round. Dude's pick for 3A semi seems like a lock. Those four teams are as good as any in the state. I give the edge to Greenville over Daniel. Have not seen Dreher, but they have the only win over NW, so you have to like their chances over BC.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:27 PM
Well if Lakewood puts up 10 on Dreher by the half, then I hope they will display good sportsmanship and only put up 3 or 4 in the 2nd half. Lakewood must have some of the Sumter Darrell brothers to be able to score 48 goals in 2 games. They also beat S. Florence twice this year. How is Rushe gonna get any sleep til May 4?
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:34 PM
Lake City Sitters actually..
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:39 PM
Lake City finished with 1 GF and 122 GA. Can we get Chico in here to provide a detailed statistical analysis(with color charts) of what percentage of those 122 GA can be attributed to the powerful Lakewood Bombers?
Posted By: dmlynch Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:43 PM
I heard a rumor that Greer would not be going to playoffs due to a brawl with Union. Does anyone know anything about that?
Posted By: futbolpk10 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:45 PM
I just heard yesterday that the High School League upheld their suspension of West Florence. So they arent not going to the playoffs.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:50 PM
Way to divulge this info after I made my bracket! Only a one point loss though..no big.

..I miss color charts.
Posted By: futbolpk10 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 02:52 PM
Yeah sorry bout that LE Dude Region 6 is still kind of questionable. Hartsville should be in but Conway and MC are fighting for 4th. MC could maybe get in with 2 wins to end season. Idk though. Dont think it matters. Dont think any region 5 team will have problems.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 05:42 PM
Hey Benp & LE... Lurker just posted that West Florence has been pulled from the playoffs by the SCHSL. have to redo the first round but nothing changes after that.

Just noticed that I am late in the news...
Posted By: ghssoccer10 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 05:56 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if UNION and GREER faught.. union shouldnt even be allowed to play soccer.. their fans are horrible and the players are worried about hurting the other team then winning.. but yeah is it true that they faught?
Posted By: LITO Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/20/06 06:16 PM
ALLFUTBOL stop running your mouth!
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/21/06 11:55 AM
"PLAYOFFS!!!! DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS!!! PLAYOFFS!!!! I'M TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO WIN OUR NEXT REGULAR SEASON GAME AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!!!
Posted By: upstatemom Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/21/06 07:22 PM
For what I hear a player at Union took a swing at a Greer player. Then the Union players cleared their bench. I think they had 2 red cards and 8 yellow cards. I heard Greer had 2 yellows. Greer didn't get in any trouble because their coach and players broke up the fighting. For what it is worth.
What I do know as fact is that the union parents (different game) were offering their players money to injure the opposing teams players. How do you expect the kids to act with that kind of parental support?
It is very frustrating to be the team that loses every game. It should be worse though to forfeit your season. I wish there was a little more parity between teams in each group but that just isn't possible.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/21/06 07:25 PM
mom,

Good point. Testosterone fueled boys will take only so many double-digit beatings before they lash out. SCHSL should realize the playing ground is not level and do something about this.
Posted By: FutbolFiebre Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/21/06 08:17 PM
What about 3A?
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/21/06 08:25 PM
Probably Greenville vs. Dreher in the finals. But Daniel, Eastside, or Riverside could win upstate and Brookland Cayce and NMB could win lowerstate. Upperstate will probably win the finals.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/28/06 09:06 PM
Well time to relook at the brackets...

first round upsets (if you can call them that)

Aiken over FM
Hillcrest over Wren
Ridge View over South Florence

Second round

Lex over Dorman
Ridge View over Summerville
Irmo over Wando

FYI picking lower seed over higher seed
Posted By: keeper4 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/29/06 04:02 AM
how are the ties decieded....cause york was tied with rock hill but they beat rock hill how does rock hill get to go to the playoffs and not york?
Posted By: BL25 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/29/06 05:09 AM
goals scored i think...and rock hill is playing south aiken
Posted By: smooth_soccer Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/29/06 05:16 AM
keeper4. Lancaster swept york, york swept RH, RH swept lancaster. 3-way tie. Not positive on what the tie breaker was but RH advanced.
Posted By: green eggs and ham Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/29/06 08:49 AM
OK call me crazy but I'm pretty sure these are the proper brackets at least thats what the SCHSL says...which as everyone knows...they are probably wrong.

This is organized by
TEAM NAME, STATE RANKING, REGION PLACEMENT

UPPER STATE
Greenwood(14) #1
Doesn’t Matter #4

Northwestern(1) #2
North Augusta #3

Dorman(11) #1
T.L. Hanna #4

Lexington(8) #2
Gaffney #3

Fort Mill(3) #1
Aiken #4

Wren(15) #2
Hillcrest #3

South Aiken(5) #1
Rock Hill #4

Mauldin (13) #2
Easley #3

LOWER STATE
Spring Valley(4)#1
Conway #4

James Island (10)#2
Fort Dorchester #3

South Florence #1
Ridge View #4

Summerville #2
West Ashley (12)#3

Wando(6) #1
Beaufort #4

Irmo (7) #2
Sumter #3

Hilton Head(2) #1
Stratford #4

Hartsville #2
Dutch Fork (9) #3

and some predictions, based on absolutely nothing
H Denotes Home team otherwise the exact same

SECOND ROUND
UPPERSTATE
H Greenwood(14) #1
Northwestern(1) #2

H Dorman(11) #1
Lexington(8) #2

H Fort Mill(3) #1
Wren(15) #2

H South Aiken(5)#1
Mauldin(13) #2

LOWERSTATE
H Spring Valley (4) #1
James Island (10) #2

Ridge View #4
H West Ashley (12) #3

H Wando (6) #1
Irmo (7) #2

H Hilton Head (2) #1
Dutch Fork (9) #3

That was pretty easy...I basically just picked all of the teams that were ranked...This is the first year in quite some time where no ranked teams are forced to square off in the first round. And only 1 game contains two teams that are not ranked, (Ridge View VS South Florence). I just went with history on that one.

The upstate also seemed to work out better since all of the 1st and 2nd seeded teams were ranked. The lowerstate had two 3rd seeded teams that were ranked that just happened to lock up with the only two 2nd seeded teams that were unranked.

Ok, and next.

Surviors, the second round games will be dynamite. You won't be able to find a bad game any where in the state.
THIRD ROUND
UPPERSTATE
H Northwestern(1) #2
Lexington (8) #2

H Fort Mill (3) #1
South Aiken (5) #1

LOWERSTATE
H Spring Valley (4) #1
Ridge View #4

Irmo (7) #2
Hilton Head (2) #1

I had know there are going to be some upsets in there. But I see most of them in the low country. The annual Irmo Wando playoff game will be a pleasure as always. And of course Region 5 ruins everything all over again. Since the region that involves the columbia area teams is always stacked. With the exception of Ridge View. Which as far as the numbers go has some how managed to pull the easiest of the 4 spots. Irony Irony Irony....and so goes highschool soccer!

From here on out its anyones guess but I'll give you mine anyway.

UPPERSTATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Northwestern (1) #2
H Fort Mill (3) #1

LOWERSTATE CHAMPIONSHIP
H Spring Valley (4) #1
Irmo (7) #2

Of course after this round should be the classic Valley Flop or Clark Choke whichever you prefer. The Northwestern V Fort Mill has everything required for a great paper write up.

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Including Score
H Fort Mill(3) #1 2
Irmo (7) #2 1

Thank you for taking the time to listen to someone who has no clue what there talking about and is making guesses on games that can go anyway depending on how you tie your shoes. So good luck to all the teams involved, cause this year...your gonna need it!
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/29/06 06:17 PM
I am going to say Northwestern vs. Spring Valley for the 'ship. I just think in Upperstate, NHS is going all out and wants it the most. In Lowerstate, the Flynn brothers will pull through and ride Spring Valley to Stone Stadium.

NHS-3
SV-1

Playoffs have yet to began but this is my prediction!
Posted By: tigerman Re: Playoffs anyone? - 04/29/06 09:21 PM
Upperstate
Greenwood - Northwestern
Dorman - Lexington

Fort Mill - Wren
South Aiken - Mauldin

Lowerstate
Spring Valley - James Island
Ridgeview - Summerville

Wando - Irmo
Hilton Head - Dutch Fork

Upperstate
Northwestern - Lexington
Fort Mill - South Aiken

Lowerstate
Spring Valley - Summerville
Irmo - Dutch Fork

Upperstate
Northwestern - Fort Mill

Lowerstate
Spring Valley - Dutch Fork

State Finals
Northwestern 2 - 3 Dutch Fork

This is all assuming that DF has gotten their stuff together. I don't know if this has happened and if it hasn't then they will lose when they travel to Hilton Head. If they can make it past Hilton Head then I see them making it to Columbia to take on Northwestern. Dutch Fork's entire run will lie in their second round game... should be a good one down in Hilton Head.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 01:24 PM
green ham.... check the SCHSL site the Home teams are already selected for the 3rd round and upper and lower finals. I do not think you have them right

Cornerflag is telling me that I may be wrong on the home field situation....
Posted By: Soccer$U Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 09:13 PM
Anyone else have any predictions on 3A? Particularly lower state?
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 10:17 PM
NW & FM will make it to Upper Final, with NW on top.
HH has a battle to get to Lower, but should make it v. SV, and will win with size and speed v. small SV team.
Final -
HH v. NW - My money is on HH if they play up to their potential.
HH 3-2
Posted By: lookatmeimatree Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 10:20 PM
HH? are u serious
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 10:22 PM
Duh, yes. They beat FM in Palmetto 2-0, while missing 4 or 5 starters.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 10:23 PM
Lower State Final:

Spring Valley vs Irmo

Upper State Final

NW vs. SA

Finals:

SV vs NW

Champion: NW
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/01/06 11:54 PM
I doubt FM will still make it to the upperstate finals since they lost their starting keeper who probably keeps them in alot of games.
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 12:00 AM
HH can beat NHS if they play up to their potential.. That is basically true for a lot of teams. It just matters how you play on that given day and when NHS comes to play, they aren't very likely to be beaten.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 12:24 AM
wait how long ago was palmetto cup? yea... while ago.
Posted By: 90 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 12:47 AM
Hilton Head will have their hands full with Dutch Fork. Everyone down in Hilton Head seems to over look that game. Dutch Fork may have lost some of their spunk but, they are still a very talented team. They have had a tough road this season being in Region 5. They took SV and Irmo into PK's, and SV beat Hilton Head 3-0. Anyone who knows anything about soccer knows that three-nil is a pretty thorough beating.
Posted By: tigerman Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 02:27 AM
The HH and DF game will be tough and the winner will be riding a pretty big high. However if HH does win, I don't see them going much further, possibly beating Wando/Irmo but then losing to SV. On the other hand, I don't see them winning that game period. If DF has their act together then they are the team to beat in the lowerstate. They were not preseason #1 just for the heck of it. They have an extremely talented squad from front to back and have the ability to beat anyone on any given day. My pick is still DF... if they are beat then I think SV walks into the state championship and gives NW a heck of a game.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 02:29 AM
That possible Irmo SV game wcould be an interesting one. Have you seen that SV feidl...its like a midget field or something. I think it is really like a rec U-12 team field. It is maybe 100 yards long, it is a small field. The better teams that play on bigger fields have issues on that small field. Even if SV does beat whomever and goes to the state championship, they will get destroyed in the finals due to the small field. When they played on Irmo's field, they got beat 2-0...then they play Irmo at their dinky field, and you get a 0-0 tie into PK's. SV plays that boom ball type of game, up to the strikers....not going to be effective agaisnt a good team on a normal sized field.
Posted By: OldRef Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 02:48 AM
HH did lose to SV 3-0, but it was their first game of the season. I don't think you can base any predictions on that game, as HH was experimenting with different players at key positions and getting used to a new coach. HH has very good speed up top, play tough defense, and pass and possess the ball very well. They are loaded with experienced seniors and will not self destruct. They have a very tough path to the finals. If they get there, they will have earned it. I am looking forward to the DF game if HH can get by a very tough Stratford team. There are no easy games now.
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 03:25 AM
is that a joke. "a tough Stratford team??...that should be a cake walk for them. HH should be able to beat them with only 7 players on the field. i kno they lost to summerville but there's no way that game should even be close.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 04:20 AM
I didn't see a "boom ball" game from SV this year. I only saw one game..but they were playing pretty solid possession (@ Airport) with the Flynn brothers and Clements.. Irmo on the other hand plays "get the ball to Zach Prince and everyone else catch up" ball...

::shrug::
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 01:36 PM
Who said that HH was overlooking the DF game? Palmetto was spring break which was about 3 weeks ago smart one. HH respects DF and knows not to overlook them at all. Preseason tournament had Sweeper Chris Sankowski at mid field and other players at different positions. If you want to use that as the basis for HH now, great overlook us.
Posted By: Superstar11 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 01:43 PM
soccerboy, Spring valleys field is the biggest field I've ever seen, its much longer and wider than Irmo's field, or anyone else's for that matter, are you stupid? I bet if you ask anyone who's played there or even seen it would think you're stupid
Posted By: Superstar11 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 01:45 PM
yes, you're stupid
Posted By: James Gray Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 07:53 PM
Hey superstar, I have played on it, and I have reffed on it. So I think I have seen it a few times. Can you come up with a more productive post than calling me stupid? It is a matter of my opinion, I could call your opinion stupid, but I would have to say it is more irrelevant.
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 08:25 PM
well its not really opinion. the field is either small, average, or larger than average. and you said it was "dinky" and superstar said its the biggest he's ever seen.

one of you is lying!
Posted By: benp Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 09:05 PM
I would say that the Spring Valley field is average to a bit above average. I'm guessing its around 65-110. The only thing dinky about it is the one sandspot, but other than that, its a pretty good field, and the sand would only hurt Spring Valley's style of play.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 09:12 PM
..seriously.. is the pitch at W.C. Hawkins supposed to be any bigger/better? If so.. I must be going to the wrong place.
Posted By: 90 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/02/06 09:24 PM
Well regardless of the fields I'm going to say SV vs. Irmo in the Lowerstate Finals. If both of these teams make it this far, the game will be played at SV because SV placed higher in the region than Irmo did. Hope the field doesn't get in the way of the outcome Soccerboy.

As for the DF vs. HH game, I think DF will take it 2-1.

Good Luck to all the teams that have made it into the playoffs and may the best team win!
Posted By: 90 Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/09/06 02:29 AM
So with four teams left...and my Lowerstate prediction bashed...who wins?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Playoffs anyone? - 05/09/06 09:18 AM
Just to add to tad about SV's field to the posts made weeks back. I played on it for its inaugural season and year after. It was hard at the time becuase a transition had to be made coming from Harry Parone. That truely had to have been one of the best fields to ever host a soccer game. (I remember SV vs RV games in 2001 when the stadium would fill to football game sized attendences. And its for that reason I think Parone should host the state championships just because it offers a very good enviornment, atmostphere and a 120 x 70 diminsions...not to mention excellent elevated observance for the spectators on BOTH sides)

anyway
The quality of the field has substantially decreased then from when it opened in '02 and our inaugural game against Brookland-Cacye. The field was in impeccable condition. Now, while its still in 'good' maybe just above average condition compared to most, it saddens me to see it not what it was because I distinctly remember players complimenting us on the quality of the field and I took great pride in that as a testiment to seriousness, dedication, and tradition our school has always had to the sport. But in the matter of its size, I felt it was well above average. (not much more I could say then that)
I always thought Ridge View's field was substantially small, aswell as Sumter's. The worst field I played on was Northwestern's...maybe two years was it? two years before they made their new one. Now that field, that had to have been the worst field I played on. Such unever terrain. But not to rag on Northwestern, they now have a beautiful field.

Ahh, too much nostalgia for one post.
© SC Soccer