SC Soccer
Thursday, April 27, 2006

Winthrop University men's soccer coach Rich Posipanko has organized a tournament for next spring that is sure to be a highlight for the participating programs.

Four Palmetto State high school boys soccer teams -- Aiken, Brookland-Cayce, Fort Mill, and Northwestern -- will help kickoff opening year festivities of the new $12 million Manchester Soccer Complex in Rock Hill on Saturday, March 31, 2007.

Seven men's collegiate teams and one professional squad will also take part in this inaugural event: College of Charleston; Clemson University; Davidson College; University of North Carolina-Wilmington; Old Dominion University; University of South Carolina; and Winthrop University. The Wilmington Hammerheads of the United Soccer Leagues will represent the professional ranks.

Schedule Of Games:

SESSION I (College/Pro)
Field I -- 12:00 PM, South Carolina vs. Wilmington Hammerheads
Field II -- 1:45 PM, Winthrop vs. Charleston
Field I -- 12:30 PM, Davidson vs. UNC Wilmington
Field II -- 2:15 PM, Old Dominion vs. Clemson

SESSION II (College/Pro)
Field I -- 5:30 PM, Wilmington Hammerheads vs. Davidson
Field II -- 7:15 PM, South Carolina vs. Old Dominion
Field I -- 6:00 PM, Winthrop vs. UNC Wilmington
Field II -- 7:45 PM, Clemson vs. Charleston

SESSION III (High School)
Field I -- 3:30 PM, Northwestern vs. Brookland-Cayce
Field II -- 4:00 PM, Fort Mill vs. Aiken
I thought they were alot closer to finishing that project then 2007...(to bad no USC vs Clemson game)
The complex will open this summer and Manchester will probably be hosting tournaments as early as August 2006.

This is a great event that Winthrop has organized.

Would SCYSA block out Saturday, March 31, 2007 as a "NO play date" in order to give everyone an opportunity to attend some of these matches?
© SC Soccer