SC Soccer
Posted By: Jack Rozier Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:04 PM
Yes, it's that time again. Back by popular demand is the Poster's League Championship..affectionately known as the PLC.

2005 Poster's League Championship

Last year's PLC, the 1st Annual Poster's League Championship, featured a select group of www.scsoccer.com posters. Those posters were chosen based on a number of factors and posting attributes. This year's PLC will be a little different. To avoid bickering and random nominations this year's field is simply the top 40 posters as of April 24, 2006 (the end of the PLC regular season). All statistics and information used to select the field is from the date of registration to 4/24/06.

Some may say that this method is not representative of the www.scsoccer.com posting community. However, the 40 posters selected for this year's PLC combine for a total 25,054 posts of the 62,921. Essentially the field selected represent 40% of all posting since the current edition of this site was formed around Christmas 2001.

..having said all that crap.

The selections for the 2006 Poster's League Championship are as follows:

Kyle Heise
Whiskey & Easy (username as of 4/24/06)
L-E Dude
2004Striker
Kevin Heise
Hurst66
laplageauxfolles
benp
Chico
Shearer
CornerFlag
scskeeper
Chapindad
swimmer1
The One and Only
Cola Fan
the voice of reason
futbol(soccer)
Chuck Norris
Andrew Foley
Lowerstate4A
BDad11
irmo4now
The Hammer
Soccer Watcher
Paruthed
DCA6767
Sexual Grapefruit
aleksandrus11
WhatDoesItMatter
cap'n walt
kickman
Wayne
mbsocfan
Striker33
LF
Anthony Pelton
GOOB
Talon
shut^&play

..congratulations to those selected. And also a congratulations to last year's PLC co-champions Steak $11.95 and Soccerboy(The One and Only)..best of luck in the defense of your co-title.

Edit: This just in..there may be some possible complications with a number of the participants..PLC representatives are investigating allegations against several of this year's elite posters. More later as the news becomes available.

Side note: This year's PLC WILL feature color pie charts and Excel tables.. a virtually infallible combination.
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:09 PM
Hey I am the poster formally known as goob. I got a new comp and forgot my password so I just changed it.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:10 PM
..way to screw-up my whole system!
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:11 PM
Haha sorry about that but you could just add the posts ive had as the count to the ones I had as goob. The math shouldnt be too hard for you Jack.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:30 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

As some of you may or may not know..the PLC as a suborganization of www.scsoccer.com is unfortunately (through much red tape and BS) subject to the governing of the SCYSA.

Having said that..upon the selection of the 2006 PLC field the SCYSA informed the PLC commission that several posters were possibly in violation of SCYSA forum posting/other nonsense bylaws and regulations.

Those posters are:

Chico
Chuck Norris
Kevin & Kyle Heise
mbsocfan

Apparently, Chico and ChuckNorris are under investigation for violating SCYSA substance abuse legislation. SCYSA officials have evidence that Chico has used "performance enhancing" substances to boost his posting vigor and efficiency. While ChuckNorris is under investigation as Chico's supplier.

The SCYSA has also ruled that under a certain interpretation of a bylaw..posts between the hours of 2AM and 6AM are invalid. Therefore, a majority of mbsocfan's posts are null and void.

As for Kyle & Kevin Heise. Both have been ruled inelligible by the SCYSA..not for being administrators. No. The SCYSA's official statement was: We don't like them.

Unfortunately.. I am just the messenger..I wish there were more I could do.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:37 PM
why would you post between 2-6 am, much less even be awake???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:45 PM
The_Count's new total as of now would be 322, there i did the math for you!!! he would be between irmo4now and thehammer!!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 03:59 PM
LEdudeman,
I am sure that probably 35 more posters are ineligible due to their violation of 'posting on issues outside of their respective districts'.(See below) This was similar to the 'BIG' CESA violation, and they were busted. So how about those 35 posters?

SCYSA SPECIAL COMMISSION OPINION :
After assessing and evaluating all of the information presented by both parties and reviewing the SCYSA Rules and Bylaws pertaining to this issue, the SCYSA “Special Commission” made the following opinions:

*SCYSA Rules and Bylaws are specific regarding the organizational structure of SCYSA as they pertain to District territories and geographic boundaries for clubs within each of our three Districts. Refer to SCYSA Bylaw 109, item 3 and 4, SCYSA Bylaw 321, section 1 and 2, and SCYSA Bylaw 322, section 1, 2 and 3.

*It is apparent to this “Special Commission” that SCYSA Rules and Bylaws clearly indicate that a club must “operate” in a specific geographic District as defined by the SCYSA BOD. However, the definition of “operate” is not clearly defined in the SCYSA Rules and Bylaws.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 04:08 AM
..unfortunately.. I have some more bad news to report.

In my efforts to contact the remaining participants I have come across some rather disturbing information.

Striker33 and Sexual Grapefruit are missing. There is an Amber Alert in effect. If anyone knows their whereabouts..please contact the proper authorities. The pair was last seen somewhere in the Vista with a 40oz of King Cobra, trying to hail a cab for Massachusetts.

Paruthed has also disappeared. He was last seen on vacation in Aruba..and is suspected to be the true Holloway kidnapper.

It brings me great sadness to report that our estranged friend Andrew Foley was cut down in his prime last summer in a tragic Sea World accident. RIP good buddy.

swimmer1 apparently realized that this is a soccer site and abruptly quit the boards for www.scswimming.com

Unbeknownst to the PLC commission the statute of limitations for DCA6767's account has run out..and is therefore inelligible.

Lastly, ..I found out what REALLY happened with GOOB. Turns out some Hadisdic Cabalistic Jews discovered that GOOB is a derivation of the true name of Satan. A team of elite Jewish assassins were dispatched to kill the spawn of Satan before he realized his potential beyond the messageboard! The poster known as The_Count ..is merely GOOB's dupe replacement.

So this basically narrows the field to:

L-E Dude
Whiskey & Easy
laplageauxfolles
2004 Striker
CornerFlag
Hurst66
Chapindad
benp
The One and Only
Shearer
the voice of reason
scskeeper
Lowerstate4A
ColaFan
irmo4now
futbol(soccer)
Soccer Watcher
BDad11
aleksandrus11
The Hammer
cap'n walt
WhatDoesItMatter
Wayne
kickman
Anthony Pelton
LF
Talon
shut^&play
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 04:35 AM
Will there be mandatory drug testing after the winner is announced?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 04:41 AM
there will have to be that is the only way to determine a winner!!!
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 09:13 PM
Just give me the trophy already!
Posted By: Shibumi Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 09:54 PM
>>[LE-Dude] Apparently, Chico and ChuckNorris are under investigation for violating SCYSA substance abuse legislation. SCYSA officials have evidence that Chico has used "performance enhancing" substances to boost his posting vigor and efficiency. While ChuckNorris is under investigation as Chico's supplier.<<

There appears to be a bit of confusion here. I'll try to straighten it out.

Chico and ChuckNorris formed the "ChicoNorris" partnership that was deemed illegal by the SCYSA. However, Chico and ChuckNorris then formed the ChicoNorris alliance which was ruled "good." While there was absolutely no difference between the two except for the name, as we know the bard got it wrong when he noted a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

The following is a chart illustrating the current situation.

-

Now, admittedly, some posters do not like the ChicoNorris alliance and have complained that Chuck Norris is allied with, in the words of "Momma" in "The Waterboy", "the devil." The devil has been ruled by the SCYSA as being "not good"; however, since "good" is currently being defined by a special SCYSA committee, it may be that the devil is actually "not bad" in which case there is a rule 73.2.a.1, which in whole states "Butterfly wings exacerbate west", which may be interpreted in a manner as the SCYSA sees fit. The devil, pictured below, obviously feels betrayed by those that he considered not just his minion but loved ones with whom he had not just a physical relationship but a deeply spiritual one.

-

Be that as it may, the ChicoNorris alliance has been deemed as provisionally acceptable unless and until (a) it is effective in helping anyone or (b) someone at the SCYSA changes their mind.
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 09:56 PM
quote:
As for Kyle & Kevin Heise. Both have been ruled inelligible by the SCYSA..not for being administrators. No. The SCYSA's official statement was: We don't like them.
That is CLASSIC, but oh so true! [Wink]
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 10:06 PM
So does this mean that ChicoNorris is going to beat the crap out of people by throwing statistics at them???

It's effective but just ever so not the same...
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 10:23 PM
Come on Jack im being robbed here!!!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/29/06 11:09 PM
Count- You would have us believe that.. wouldn't you!

For the record, ChicoNorris alliance, ChicoNorris, Chico, Norris, ChicoNorris partenership, and any derivation thereof are all deemed inelligible.

On a personal note: I always enjoyed your charts and economic banter Chico. But after this revelation..I'm not sure what to think. You have potentially lost my Poster's Hall of Fame vote.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 12:44 AM
LE Dudeman,
Yes!! YES!! I am glad you have finally taken off those 'CESA-Red' colored glasses and seen thru Chico's and CESA's evil plans to take over first Columbia, then Cayce-West Columbia, then scsoccer.com, then he assumed the form of the 'Devil'. There are further unconfirmed reports that the Chico-Chuck US Club Soccer- sponsored alliance has plans to 'borrow' several big tractors from the SC Dept. of Transportation, and in the steal of the night, vandalize the NECSA classic fields.
I am overjoyed that this evil dog-man has been declared ineligible for the PLC.
lol. simple as that. lol
i think u guys are just posting to get ur posts up. I think these posts in this topic should not coun't
LED --

ChicoNorris Partnership = ChicoNorris Alliance = double talk

Could two more disparate posters be paired? Tarzan and Einstein? Sherman and Kant? Dismiss this ploy out of hand. Make each poster stand on their own.
Pretty upset that I didn't make the cut.

MY boy Samuel L Jackson and I would have made a considerable tandum. Not really sure how we'd get along though seeing as how he's Samuel Jackson a great black actor and I'm Clayton Bigsby the only black and blind white supremesist in history.
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 03:19 PM
I sure you guys will be shoe ins for next years contest Clayton. As long as you and Sam can keep from having a race war.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 03:44 PM
ATTENTION!

The format of this year's PLC will be as follows.

There are two "teams"..distribution of posters to their respective team was determined with a complex algorithm. (alternating)

It's pretty simple. Whoever survives the longest is crowned PLC champion and will receive THE GLORIOUS CUP!

..without further delay.

Team 1
L-E Dude
laplageauxfolles
CornerFlag
Chapindad
The One and Only
the voice of reason
Lowerstate4A
irmo4now
Soccer Watcher
aleksandrus11
cap'n walt
Wayne
Anthony Pelton
Talon

Team 1 Stats:
 -

Team 1 Posting Distribution:
 -

Team 2
Whiskey & Easy
2004Striker
Hurst66
benp
Shearer
scskeeper
Cola Fan
futbol(soccer)
BDad11
The Hammer
WhatDoesItMatter
kickman
LF
shut^&play

Team 2 Stats:
 -

Team 2 Posting Distribution:
 -

First round matches will take place May 2nd.

-
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 05:24 PM
Although this bracket is tougher to fill out than the 3A and 4A playoffs, I am certain it will be LE-Dude winning in the championship over the infamous BenP. Whose idea was it to start the PLC last year?
Posted By: Thierry Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 05:31 PM
The person who talks the most wins...seems pretty bogus that this stuff is brought up right before playoffs - the only ones that care are the ones in the actual brackets
Posted By: James Gray Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 07:59 PM
Whatdoesitmatter is just going to get crushed in the first round....experience always wins.....
This is actually unfair for everyone other than me. The only person who can win is someone with "reason, truth or honesty" in their screen name. Since I am The Voice of Reason, I am the only one qualified to win this tournament.

Please send me a private message so I can find out how I collect the trophy, prize money, week vacation and honor that goes with this prestegious Championship.
i forsee defeating either benp or possibly Shearer in the finals. Also, the VOR team has been undergoing intense training in a remote area in order to fully prepare for this tournament.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 08:50 PM
 -

CNN SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN
Remote Area-
Paintball shots were heard in the vicinity of the VOR walled compound in the Remote Area. Several shots hit some of the unarmed VOR team members. VOR, himself, took one for the team in the upper arm. The attack lasted only minutes, yet benplippen was observed to be the leader of the rag-tag, disorganized paintballers. He was identified by his green BL jacket.
 -
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 09:15 PM
Since LE has Heise in his back pocket, he will punish 2004striker for adding graphics and bogging down his system. Keep up the good work Stroke. This will make it easy for me.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 09:23 PM
 -

NEWS BULLETIN
Greenville, SC-
Additional tragedy struck the Chico-Chuck Alliance today during a CESA board meeting. After being declared ineligible for the PLC, Chico called a special board meeting to discuss further areas of the state for CESA to invade and conquer. Graphs and charts were prepared, and a plot devised to covertly enter the un-democratic corporate headquarters of the PLC. One disgruntled board member, who opposed further takeover missions and Chico's radical style, threw and hit Chico with one of his own pie charts. Chico is said to be slowly recovering at home.

-
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 09:28 PM
i think i will be able to go pretty far!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 04/30/06 09:31 PM
why am i ineligible???
The paintball attack shortened our scrimmage versus a local tribe. However, I am glad to report that we did escape with only minor bruises; however, they did capture our flag. Apparently, we were in a soccer scrimmage/paintball tournament double header.

I have checked with the travel company and there are no more such double-headers planned during our stay. i must go now as there is limited electricty.
I am hoping for the best in this tournament and have been training for weeks.
its amazing that chico was wearing a trashbag during a meeting and happens to get hit by a pie. really creative..
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 12:25 AM
STRIKER,

you don't see chuck norris in that picture because he's on the other end killing those involved with a plethora of roundhouse kicks to the jugular. The morgue was notified and caskets were put on order.
Posted By: Thierry Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 12:29 AM
this is related to soccer how
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 03:08 AM
Does this one non-soccer related thread..bother you as much as the 17 "OMG #13 should B AL-State" threads?

Thank you for your valuable input.
Posted By: Thierry Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 03:26 AM
First off, those threads would be tossed immediately - in my opinion it does bother me because it directs all its attention to "posters" who have nothing better to talk about - i.e. - throwing pies - than soccer ...I would rather talk about NW all day long than read this nonsense - People come to this site to talk about high school soccer, and most do not want to listen to these "popular" ones who no longer play the game and love the Poster League - I would rather hear your insight on the game than this garbage
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 03:36 AM
Manu,
Lighten up! There are plenty of threads on this site to talk serious soccer. This one is just for fun. I do not believe that the website rules and procedures make it mandatory that every visitor read every thread. For instance, I hardly ever read anything in the girls soccer forum. Just try it. It may work for you.
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 04:11 AM
ManU is probably just jealous bc he didnt qualify for the PLC
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 06:11 AM
Yeah definately he is a hater!!! hateraid drinking fool. Why dont you just become a baker since you cake so much!!!
Posted By: Wayne Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 10:56 AM
Do my posts on www.sccalcio.com, the Mafia-controlled version of scsoccer, count? If not, I am afraid my cousin Guido Sarducci, of Sicilian descent, might arrange for tournament organizers to swim with the fishes.
Posted By: Shibumi Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 12:29 PM
>>[LE-Dude] For the record, ChicoNorris alliance, ChicoNorris, Chico, Norris, ChicoNorris partenership, and any derivation thereof are all deemed inelligible.<<

I find your perspicacious reasoning and instinctual aptitude with respect to this decision to be second only to the SCYSA in its genius.

>>[LE-Dude] On a personal note: I always enjoyed your charts and economic banter Chico. But after this revelation..I'm not sure what to think. You have potentially lost my Poster's Hall of Fame vote.<<

I was responding only to your keen sagaciousness regarding my covert and illicit actions which ultimately caused you to expel me from this laudible and exalted competition.

P.S. I have both sad and happy news to report. The SCYSA's "Is Good Good?" committee suffered horrific and irreversable brain damage when all of the members en masse suffered brain anyerisms when each realized the question they were to resolve was in and of itself recursive. Fortunately, this has not impaired their ability to serve in the SCYSA in the slightest, and may in fact significantly help each of them function better in their roles in the SCYSA.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 01:24 PM
WTF is going on here??? Let me tell you something a**-eyes, let me tell you ALL something: war has made me very PARANOID! and when you get to eye-balling me, makes my Agent Orange act up, makes me want to KILL! Oh man, somebody is getting ready to receive a first class vacation to Gotmya**kickedville! The all inclusive trip begins with a warm up punch to the baby maker and after much pain and missery will conclude with a romantic foot across the face.

DQ'ed my butt!!Everybody has an alliance, US/Britian, Germany/Italy, Lavern/Shirley.... guess we will just have to join a greater association!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 01:47 PM
Fools. All of you. Let me break it down for you and ruin this little 4 page party.

Clue #1

L-E Dude is on the list

Clue #2

L-E Dude picks the winner

Do you need a Clue #3?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 01:48 PM
That said...I should win it for figuring out this cruel, cruel game.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 01:56 PM
Stroker, If my wife looked like this I would ignore her and stay on the message board 24/7 also.  -
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:01 PM
Well, she has gotten over her long, debilitating illness and added some needed weight since that pic.
I WANNA KNOW HOW YOU GET NOMINATED FOR THIS SO I CAN MAKE THE CUT NEXT TIME!!!!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:04 PM
Well, thats good to hear. Maybe we can all chip in and get her some new clothes, but then again I don't think the cover of darkness would be enough to hide that monstrous butt!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:06 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA

oh..wow..

You all seem to be in excellent form..tomorrow's matches should be unreal.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:08 PM
Jackson, first you have to quit making movies like this Bad Movie then you have to quit yelling in everyone's ear!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:10 PM
...and watch out for condemning alliances.
quote:
Originally posted by Jackson, Samuel L.:
I WANNA KNOW HOW YOU GET NOMINATED FOR THIS SO I CAN MAKE THE CUT NEXT TIME!!!!

Listen here "bro". Next year you and I will clap these muck a** fools no doubt fo sho. HOLLA BACK
MY MOVIES HAVE GROSSED MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE EVER!!!
THIS IS OUTRAGOUS!!!
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:16 PM
Someone better make a special exemption before samuel l puts someone's a** on blast
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:19 PM
I think no exemption should be made, unless he changes his name to John Travolta.
JOHN TRAVOLTA SUCKS!!! TALKING ABOUT BAD MOVIES!!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:21 PM
Sammy,
Did not never see Saturday Night Fever?
UMMMMM NO!!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:25 PM
Did you ever see the one where he pushed the caps lock button and made the little green light go off?
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jackson, Samuel L.:
JOHN TRAVOLTA SUCKS!!! TALKING ABOUT BAD MOVIES!!!

What??!! Have you never seen his movies?
I suppose yours are brilliant. Deep Blue Sea?! That was a bad one.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:29 PM
Sammy,
This is real acting -
 -
CHUCK YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK YOU FAKE, SELF-IMPOSED SUPERHERO, WASHED-UP, BO-FLEX SELLING LOSER!!!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 02:44 PM
"Self-Imposed Superhero"? Hey I was properly given that title after the "Superman", C Reeves broke his neck. As far as washed up, you only wish you could be 66, looking 36, with a 26 year old wife!
I HEAR YA CHUCK!!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 03:00 PM
Yeah, hey, they've done studies, 60% of the time I am right every time!
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 03:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckNorris:
"Self-Imposed Superhero"? Hey I was properly given that title after the "Superman", C Reeves broke his neck. As far as washed up, you only wish you could be 66, looking 36, with a 26 year old wife!

god that is a loaded statement
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 04:17 AM
John Travolta has nearly reached God status with his great films!!! I mean face-off come on no one has seen that only once!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 04:19 AM
This should be reason enough to ban Chucky..

FYI: Think I found a picture of our boy Chico..

-

Seems like they're running an excercise equipment scam together too...
I AGREE!!!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 04:35 AM
Screw you dude! In the words of the improper Engrish of the many backwoods posters on this board, this is why you should be BANDed...  -
Ok, the first one didn't work, but try this one.
...and, yes, I know I spelled English wrong!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 04:37 AM
Image Hosted by TRIPOD www.tripod.com

..i don't get it.

Loser.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 05:00 PM
Chuckie,
I am disappointed in your conduct. I just flushed my Chuck Norris action figure down the Johnnie.
 -
 -
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 05:03 PM
Thats fine, I am tired of you trying to lure young boys into your house with it!
On a lighter note Samule Jackson's new movie is coming out soon. They put a stamp on it....  -
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 06:03 PM
Hey Chuckie,
Is that lpaf on alto sax?
What!!!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 06:14 PM
I don't know. What the he** is an alto sax? Oh, wait, you mean the thing that Bill Clinton likes to blow on. No I think he is the one tooting the tuba!
Yeah, him and ledud(orange pants) led a riveting rendition of Clown Walk-Arounds!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 07:09 PM
clinton s is a flaming homosexual that should have never been in office!!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 07:11 PM
6 posters have just been eliminated. Congrats.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 07:51 PM
I have taken a lot of time off this year due to being very busy. Then again, somebody has to be the bad ref that everyone is always complaining about....I am back to defend my cup. It is full of half molded beer at the moment. I must defend my title, but I have been too nice this year. I must start to defame people....who to start on first???
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 07:58 PM
Chuckie, Chico, Samuel....take your pick.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 10:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
Chuckie, Chico, Samuel....take your pick.

Whatever pringles can.

the "stache" went out with Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck.

Why can't I have this guy in the first round?
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/01/06 10:43 PM
shutdown,
You won't get past lpaf.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 02:06 AM
Ok. It's 10:00, Jack Bauer has proved to the world the hero he is by recovering the incriminating tape against the weasel president and now I am refreshed and ready to go for tomorrow.

Watch out.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 02:16 AM
i'm actually quite surprised i haven't brought up as a cinderella story.....after "riding the pine" all year, i think it is time for cap'n walt to shine in the PLC.
i have 2 exams before my competition in the PLC tommorrow i hope i am not to tired...
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 03:12 AM
Let's just hope it's not an english exam...
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 03:28 AM
I would love to see the Cap go far. I mean, I know that I'm a lock for the Cup, but it would be nice to see him make some noise. (He wouldn't be the first touching story from BL with that samkon kid in the NFL)
no not english...electrical and java...
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 11:17 AM
He's too busy working on his other world.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 11:35 AM
Soccerboytoy, you are automatically disqualified for leaving half a beer undranken(??!! undrunk?-hell, half empty beotchas). That is a disgrace and you should be banned!

Benp, the only thing you are a shoe in for is as an extra in Lord Of the Rings, you troll! You are definately on your way to being an official, the way you bow down to everything that is soccer. You have your head so far up Columbia coaches butts you can suck their teeth!

Who in the heck mentioned chapindad?? Anybody that wants anything to do with that guy needs to be shot! He is such a patsy, he couldn't handle this board and had to go play with himself at www.wishmykidwasabettersoccerplayer.com !
speakin that chingy chang ching chang. We can't understand youuuuuuuuuu. Go back to your coooooounnnnnntry.

This quote is so apra po(sp).

Soccerboy you may go back and finish your beer.

benp, you may return to the shire. Take gollum with you. No one ever liked him.

chapidad may return to his website, the tiny midget sister who's never let out of the house of scsoccer.com

O, and Chuck may return to bad infomercials on the tv guide channel
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 01:02 PM
For once(and the only time), I agree with you Chuckieboy. For last year's champion to not be able to finish one small 4 oz. cup of beer from the PLC cup is a disgrace! He said the PLC cup is half full of moldy beer! Is that any way to appreciate the victory and the cherished Cup? He should be stripped of his 2005 championship.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 03:13 PM
Hope everyone has pasta packed and is ready for an eventful day!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 04:33 AM
Well, benplippen has already declared that he is a lock for the Cup (probably cause he and LEdudeman partied together at the Palmetto Cup), but I predict I will fight thru to the lower state final, only to fall to benplippen in a purely political decision. My good money is on VOR for upper state and a good NW-style rout of benplippen in the championship.
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 05:17 PM
I protest my elimination!!! Not everyone has only one job!!! My contributions to this board should not be ignored!
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mbsocfan:
I protest my elimination!!! Not everyone has only one job!!! My contributions to this board should not be ignored!

Sure, no problem. Just call 1 - 800 - YOU - LOSE
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 05:33 PM
If you live at Myrtle, that is too classy an area to care about winning the Cup. This is a Cup for the little, normal people of America who can't even afford to vacation at Myrtle.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 05:55 PM
Isn't Myrtle that high classed resort on the eastern part of the state? I've always dreamed about getting enough money to go there.

maybe someday...
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 06:00 PM
Corner,
If you win the Cup you could melt the plastic down to get enough petroleum byproduct to then refine into .1741 cents worth of gas for your trip to Myrtle. Thats what I plan to do if I win.
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 06:11 PM
Yes...it's expensive to vacation here...but think of all the little people it takes to make this place a vacation haven!! The bonus for living here is...I've got the beach practically in my back yard....if only I could get a day off to go there!! Actually...I just got back from a 4-day hiatus to the Mountain State...

Cornerflag and 2004...Thanks for the reality check...I've got to get back to WORK now!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 06:33 PM
You'd think with all the high society tourists that come to MB they'd tip better..
I would just like to point out that i have the highest post per day percent in the whole PLC league...
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 07:28 PM
What does it matter?
Posted By: James Gray Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 07:47 PM
Now now....it was not a 4oz beer glass, it is a 12 Oz beer cup. Thats a lot for those of us that don't have time to drink anymore.....
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/02/06 09:03 PM
I would just like to say that if 2004 makes it to the lowerstate final, then I will withdrawl, for fear he will molest me. (my fears are more based than just the pictures that flood his computer).
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 02:23 AM
Well..day one of the PLC playoff hunt for the cup has officially come to a close. These are the match recaps as they have been reported to me from around the state.

First Division:

L-E Dude enjoyed the first round action from the affluent splendor of his 6th floor penthouse suite. The original posting legend will get some much needed R&R before his 2nd round appearance on the 4th.

Despite a clear advantage in PPDP and general posting aptitude Women's forum juggernaut lapflaglasaurus was upset by shut^&play. While lagplaf sported nearly 1000 more posts than his opponent.. shut^&play's 1337 street skillz and posting efficiency were able to put him ahead and sneak away with the victory.

In yet another upset..experience pays off over brute force. While CornerFlag attempted to bombarde LF with a slew of insults and occasional substance..LF was able to weather the storm and pull off the upset for the Women's forum contingent. LF was quoted after the match as saying "I just wanted to come out and give 110%. I played good. He played good. I just wanted to give a 110%. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." . . .

Facing LF in the next round will be kickman. Simply enough..Chapindad failed to show-up for the match today. Sources report that Chapindad may be participating in a foreversoccer.com poster's championship..featuring Chapindad vs Chapindad.

Though WhatDoesItMatter put up a valiant effort..tonight The One and Only/Soccerboy began his march towards a 2nd PLC championship. WMD is to be commended for his effort..also..there is some speculation that Dennis Cook may have posted under the reigning champion's username. A thorough investigation has been launched..and an investigation of that investigation has also been launched for good measure.

The Hammer vs the voice of reason was a classic battle for sure. And in true PLC fashion..the outcome was decided by a completely arbitrary and asinine factor. Yes, the battle of the THE's was determined by the number of words in each opponent's handle. the voice of reason won't be the one and only poster with a four word handle when he faces The One and Only in the next round.

With only his sister-in-law and twin brother present, BDad11 defeated Lowerstate4A in a match that frankly..no one cared about. Lowerstate4A just couldn't keep up with Big Daddy (who really wasn't that impressive) ..Lowerstate4A had just beat himself up so much in preparation for the PLC..what a shame..

Rounding out First Division action futbol(soccer) advanced past irmo4now. After the game the defeated Irmonite was quoted as saying, "..maybe ..uh.. irmo4nextyear!" when asked about rumors he'd change his username in the off season. Say it ain't so Schmo!

Second Division:

What was expected to be a quality match between Soccer Watcher and Cola Fan sadly did not live up to the billing. Cola Fan along with the officials and crowd waited over a hour and forty-five minutes only to find out that Soccer Watcher was out cold at the Tree Lions Pub after watching a re-run of Chelsea/ManU.

In the battle of the How-the-hell-did-they-get-here's scskeeper moved past aleksandrus11. The two minors battled back and forth relentlessly till nearly a minute was left in stoppage time. Then in a stroke of pure genius..or utter and literal confusion/stupidity.. scskeeper asked aleksandrus11 where he got his Spaulding knee-high/ankle protector shinguards. Last I heard aleksandrus11 was recovering from a ruptured vessel in his brain.

Due to the structure of the PLC..tonight cap'n walt made his first starting appearance ever..in anything..against seasoned imbecile Shearer. As was the case last year.. Shearer attempted to confuse his opponent with an onslaught of mindless drivel and babble. However, old T-walt being an avid fan of bad music/OAR was able to thwart Shearer's efforts and record his first victory ever..in anything. When asked how he felt about the accomplishment after the match..cap'n walt said, "So.. does this mean I get to play next time?!"

Sadly.. benp advances tonight past Wayne. Sources report that Wayne's Sicilian connection may have had confused the translation of his hit order. The Broad River is being dredged as we speak. My thoughts are with Wayne's family, the DF faithful, ..and Kipp Amaker too ..i suppose. This means a battle of the Ben Lippen bench stars in the next round. Best of luck to the both of you!

Hurst66 limps away from the pitch tonight with a victory over veteran Anthony Pelton. Pelton pounded away at Hurst IN ALL CAPS from start to finish..but Hurst persevered as Pelton succumed to his own strategy and had to leave the field of competition.

In final action from the first round of the 2nd annual PLC playoff..2004Striker thoroughly annihilated Talon in what many considered to be an evenly matched pair. Talon had a decided edge in experience..but the Stroke's persistance caused Talon to fold under the pressure.

Lastly.. sitting pretty and safe at the far end of the bracket is Whiskey & Easy..who by some anomaly of bracketology (that I can't figure out) will not face anyone until the Quarterfinals. So it goes.

For those that can't read/2004Striker, ChuckNorris, & Shearer:
 -
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo it is all over for me...so sad...time to start training for next year...
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 02:51 AM
Uncle Vito is not going to be happy about this. He says that he is going to visit Clemson tomorrow and "make things right".

What time are your classes tomorrow Jack?
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 02:55 AM
I'll be on Bowman all day with my entourage. Tell "Uncle Vito" to come get some!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 03:21 AM
Hurst66,
Sorry bout this PMbuddy, but I will make it quick, so you won't feel much pain.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 03:58 PM
o snap dawg,

I feel my streak coming to an end though for some reason.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 04:08 AM
Why, becuase you are facing the only loser on this board who has any say in his own made up stupid fantasy? He played at LE for God's sake!(yeah, I think they lost another first rounder to Seneca last night, 7-1. Will there ever be a day when teams like that are just relegated to playing there own "playoff" tournament and leave the soccer to real teams?) ....anyway, I digress.

We should pull some of the real players on this board and have our own Cup...Oh wait, chapindad has already done that, and he won by default since he is the only entry!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
D***,

Chuck Norris is f-in up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 07:11 PM
i am feeling an upset for me, i think i will move past cola fan!!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 07:17 PM
All is as it should be. I will crash and burn in a blaze of glory...
I was bamboozled. I demand a recount. The ref's were against me....
Posted By: James Gray Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 08:18 PM
I swear...Dennis Cook had nothing to do with my victory.....It was all me!!!! wink wink
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/03/06 09:18 PM
Chuckieboy,
Please do start your own Cup. I can get you a good deal on a used specimen cup for your contest.

lpaf,
How could you lose to such a downer as shutdown?
I do believe that you were done in by the pics that someone shoved under the PLC Chairman's bathroom door.
im glad that the season has come to an end, well atleast swansea's is, and just have fun.
Posted By: goals66 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:46 AM
good luck benp take out the captain.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:50 AM
OH no..i got the formidible, the infamous, the shrine of all highschool soccer, benp.....it looks good....i really dont understand this whole winning thing, or starting...or even playing...but it isn't too shabby....
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 06:26 AM
too bad I don't live off of an exit near I20 or I could comment.

I'll let LE Dude share his thoughts
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 12:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by cap'n walt:
OH no..i got the formidible, the infamous, the shrine of all highschool soccer, benp.....it looks good....i really dont understand this whole winning thing, or starting...or even playing...but it isn't too shabby....

Come on el capitan, you cant be afraid of a waterboy! once the match begins you will find it quit easy, as benplippen has 13 toes and and a brother named frodo.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:00 PM
Lexington Fan. He's about three million registered users before you. A founding father, if you will.

On an unrelated note, why did you delete your post about the Wando job?

Lapf and I met for Bloody Mary's this morning. He seems to be taking the loss well. He's focusing on his league form now.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:24 PM
I want to lose now so I may enjoy bloody mary's!
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:30 PM
Speaking of Bloody Mary's(at 9am) Tommorrow is Cinco de Mayo!!!! So get to your favorite Mexican cantina and remind them that they won the battle but lost the war! Then enjoy Margaritas and chimichangas!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:46 PM
Chuckie,
You may want to contact Shearer if you need a drinking buddy for Cinco. I need to know by no later than the end of the business day today if you do want me to obtain the used specimen cup for your own Cup contest you are starting up. Since you were not even selected for the Real PLC contest, thats a great idea. Good luck with it, but again, do let me know ASAP about the specimen cup.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 01:51 PM
Kickman,

You need to know that LF won by staying and hiding on the Girls message board and avoiding all my challenges. It was so obvious who the better poster was that LF must have paid off LE in order to win. In order for you to win you must get dirty, and I mean dirty. A really important person from the 90's once said: "Trust No One". Heed that warning.

Remember, corruption starts at the top...
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 02:52 PM
kickman,
You may consider purchasing my PLC book, which gives you all the info you could ever need on how to win the great Cup. I will have my table set up out front at the Lexington Bi-Lo from 9 am to 2 pm on Sat. Only $69.95 or 2 for $139.95.
 -
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 03:30 PM
..shouldn't you be able to read to write a book? Or is it just stick figures and symbols?
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 04:15 AM
Hey stroke...

You didn't win it last year so how can you write a book about it?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 06:42 PM
It's a "What not to do..." book.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 07:02 PM
I am deliberately flying under the radar, and it appears that the strategy is succeeding. However I have to admit the referee asignements by mr. Cook leave something to be desired.

It was a tough match against Irmo4now, but came through in the end... I played well, he played well, we gave it all they gave it all...

LF??? Is that you? how did you get my ID???
Posted By: LF Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/04/06 10:00 PM
KM: Dude.. I own you!!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 03:44 AM
As a preface to tonight's PLC results..I would like to take this opportunity to say:

Irmo lost to Wando tonight 4-1. I repeat, 4-1.

That being said..

First Division

For the 2nd year in a row PLC founder and scsoccer.com legend, known by commoners as "L-E Dude" failed to reach the podium. In triumphant fashion shut^&play beat L-E Dude at his own game. Utilizing a combination of rapier whit, ironclad factual information, and first hand impeccable synopses..shut^&play battled to a split decision victory over a poster who transcends the spacial plain between reality and posting perfection.

Facing shut^&play in the PLC First Division Semifinals will be the obscure but dilligent LF. The match between kickman was well played by both sides, indeed. LF set the tone, but kickman didn't miss a beat and contested LF's every move. However, in the end after regulation and 2 OT periods the match was decided by a sudden death True/False question. Surely LF being a true Lex fan knew that the original mascot for LHS was indeed "The Mighty Mongoose"

On the other side of the First Division, in a long username derby the PLC's defending champion The One and Only took on scsoccer.com veteran grammar nazi the voice of reason. The first half was relatively uneventful with play being pretty much even and no real advantage either way. But just as the 2nd half was set to begin..The Only and Only got word of Irmo's 4-1 loss to Wando..and abruptly ran to a local crop circle. Investigator's report is still pending..but it appears all across the state there have been mass suicides and ritual sacrifice of Irmo alumni.

The final representative of the First Division will be none other than futbol(soccer).. it has been reported to me that futbol(soccer) put the match on ice when he revealed to BDad11 that "futbol" is indeed "soccer" in Espanol.

Second Division

In the spirit of the Blue Devils long time Midlands representative Cola Fan took scskeeper to the woodshed tonight. scskeeper was quoted saying, "COLA FAN WAS TOKNG ABOUT FORMATIONS AND STUF!1!1!!11 WTF I WANT MAH MOMY1!11 WTF" - PLC officials are still trying to decipher what exactly was said.

Meeting Cola Fan in perhaps the upset of the decade will be old goofy cap'n walt! On a day that will go down in INFAMY cap'n walt revealed that all this time he has been luring us into a false sense of security. As benp was approaching the scorer's table to claim what he felt was a sure victory..T-walt hit benp with a barrage of socio-economic soccer specific logistical theories. When the dust settled the infamous benp was infamously out cold while cap'n walt had already left to prepare for his match with Cola Fan.

In final action of the night 2004Striker (affectionately known as "Stroke") cruised past an unsuspecting Hurst66. Good ole Stroke dug deep down to muster yet another shining performance, while Hurst66 was expecting Stroke to fade away into oblivion like most others in the Flora community. Perhaps there is one last chance at glory for the Region 5 wanna-be Flora contingent.

Visual Aid:
 -
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 03:53 AM
BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I definately want a recount. I was at the match, I witnessed every minute of it. Benp outshot and outplayed cap'n walt. I think someone posted a wrong score...I was there!!!!
Posted By: LF Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:01 PM
Well said!!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:06 PM
Whiskey,
I don't know how you got a bye til this round, but your time to shine has come. Are you up to the task? And don't try to ply me with good whiskey. I only imbibe the best shine (with lemon twist) from my West Florence boys best stills.

benp,
Your loss had to have been a ref error. Maybe a missed handball? A missed foul in the box? An unseen high kick? Or possibly an Irmo ghost goal not cleared off the goal line.
But your best protest is always to blame the refs.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:10 PM
benp....go to goirmo.com...they have the video you can challenge the calls for sure it was a mistake....

When started with my holmes and eses Bdada did not have a prayer.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:14 PM
Just bumping this up:
 -
2004striker
posted May 04, 2006 10:52AM
kickman,
You may consider purchasing my PLC book, which gives you all the info you could ever need on how to win the great Cup. I will have my table set up out front at the Lexington Bi-Lo from 9 am to 2 pm on Sat. Only $69.95 or 2 for $139.95.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:16 PM
So thats what that word (futbol) means!!! If Ida known that I would have totally changed my game plan and been much more aggressive. Oh Well.....
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:45 PM
bdad,
You shoulda had your son take some shots on goal. With over 100 in his career, surely he had a few to spare to help you out in the PLC contest.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 01:49 PM
He's not much help these days....Strangely, just as he recovered from a case of mono,another more insidious disease grabbed him....Senioritis!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 02:51 PM
thats messed up!!! there is no way i lost!!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 03:12 PM
For all of you 2006 PLC 1st and 2nd round losers, and I use the term loosely, a hotline has been set up to receive your individual complaints. Please go to: blametherefsforeverythinginlife.com
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 07:17 PM
Our match-up is a classic event of Good vs. Evil. All that is right with the boards and all that is wrong. I hope that Spaceballs quote proves false...
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 07:27 PM
"Evil always wins because Good is dumb!"

My fall back on plan is:

"...if you defeat me, I will become more powerful than you can imagine."
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 07:41 PM
OH NO!!! I can only imagine only one other evil powerful, threatening force in the universe..........Chico. Does that mean when you lose you will be more powerful than the Great One?
Kool.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 08:27 PM
Now for the plan.....

<<<< YOU CANNOT WIN >>>>>>

Who is there? Who is that?

<<<< 'TIS I YOUR INNER VOICE, YOUR "VOICE OF REASON" >>>>>

Argghhhhhh!!!! get him out of me!!!!

(Shatner speak) I.... must... resist...

<<<< RESISTANCE IS FUTILE >>>>

Picard?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I will triumph!!!!

(to be continued)
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 08:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by futbol(soccer):
Now for the plan.....

<<<< YOU CANNOT WIN >>>>>>

Who is there? Who is that?

<<<< 'TIS I YOUR INNER VOICE, YOUR "VOICE OF REASON" >>>>>

Argghhhhhh!!!! get him out of me!!!!

(Shatner speak) I.... must... resist...

<<<< RESISTANCE IS FUTILE >>>>

Picard?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I will triumph!!!!

(to be continued)

Oh, the shame..... I lost to a trekkie!!!!
Wow... You guys really get into this crud don't you? Well I hope to be in it next year. I will probably be left out because of my skillz, but that doesn't bother me... off to the gym!
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 08:53 PM
Hey!!!!... there are no latino trekkies.... was there any?

Come to think of it you never did see the clean-up crew....

Hey!!! wait a minute, How did you know it was trekkie speak???? huh? Closet trekkie???
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 09:06 PM
Come to think of it you're right.....No latin presence at all...We had a drunken Scotsman,a gay navigator, a pointy eared half-man,and whatever the heck Kirk was, but no Latino's...This calls for a boycott of all things Trek related and Priceline.com.No Boston Legal either....
I request to be entered into the quest for POSTER LEAGUE CHAMPION as a wild card. Not only will I bring glory to this subject (which you happen to be lacking), I will also be able to look back and know that I should have won it all!
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 10:48 PM
No you're new, sorry
Ummmm. Wait for one second........................
nope don't care. I think that your scared.
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/05/06 10:55 PM
After reviewing the tapes, it was pretty obvious what happened in that match. But despite the referee error which has cost me maybe the most important award i could have ever recieved. I would still like to congratulate Cap'n on a game well played. Although you were the lesser team, and didn't deserve to win, the gift the referees gave you should be cherished, and I hope you don't get embarrassed in the next round like you nearly did agaist me.
Yeah right. You just feel bad because you lost.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 12:06 AM
Hey book,
You refer to the PLC as 'crud' and then you expect to be included in the contest? There is a 5 year waiting list before you can even submit your application, and then the first question on the application is: 1. Have you ever refered to the PLC as 'crud'?
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 02:14 AM
futbol- Your trek-speak post..was by far one of the saddest things I've ever seen on this site.. even sadder than the Stroke attempting to form a coherent thought..or Shearer trying to post sober.

I loved it.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 02:23 AM
I'm surprised that you young-uns actually know who Picard is.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 02:27 AM
..shiii son..

Anyone else notice Deanna Troy in Crash?
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 03:37 AM
Haven't seen it, but I'll watch it just for that.
I have to tell you guys that you must be wrong about Chico. I mean look at this dog!
[URL=http://www.scsoccer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00001734 ]web page[/URL]
And if I am not mistaken, the thing on his neck says "Welcome to the proving ground." which is referring to the Disney tourney. HA HA Chico I am on to you!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 01:28 PM
My apologies for ignoring this topic for so long. Following that black line on bottom of pool tends to be distracting.
Who's left in the play offs?
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 02:18 PM
Deanna Troy is one of the most unapreciated hotties of all-time!!!
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 02:27 PM
Now that I think about it... I think that it's Troi, not Troy.

Love that tight jumpsuit from the early days.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 06:12 PM
My bad.. *Deanna Troi/Marina Sirtis.. ..most underrated Babezoid of the late 80s - early 90s for sure.
Posted By: The_Count Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 08:10 PM
She was only half Badezoid you racist...
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 09:54 PM
Lt. Natasha 'Tasha' Yar, anyone?
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/06/06 10:01 PM
Everyone has done predictions for the regular playoffs, but I'm surprised no one has done any predictions for the PLC! Any guesses?
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 12:14 AM
I will smite you,

obviously
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 02:54 AM
seven of nine, different show but wow...
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 02:57 AM
Troi's an original, but Seven of nine blows Troi out of the water.

Did you ever see her without the Borg garb?

WOW!
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 03:01 AM
7 of 9 (Jeri Ryan)
http://www.keebler.net/blog/2005/07/13/jeri-ryan-moves-to-orange-county/

Deanna Troi (Martina Sirtis)
http://www.hadler.de/Galileo74/sirtis.html
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 03:04 AM
And to think... with posts like this I was kicked out in the first round.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 03:05 AM
Pardon me while I post these PLC results in the "I <3 Deanna Troi" thread.

First Division

Meeting to advance to the PLC Semifinals tonight were LF and shut^&play. LF came to play, while shut^&play may have still been in a bit of a daze after the monumental defeat of the one known as "L-E Dude." However, shut^&play eventually found his rhythm. When all was said and done..LF returned to Wildcat Hollow to lick his wounds while shut^&play advances.

Challenging shut^&play will be the voice of reason.. who is peaking in his post proficiency at just the right time. futbol(soccer)'s mind bending logic strategy just wasn't enough as the voice of reason remained calm and collected, securing the win.

Second Divison

On the other side of PLC action.. dark horse cap'n walt continues his improbable run deep into the post season. Surprisingly, Cola Fan took his defeat well exlaiming, "PLC what?! BC/Dreher! SV in Lowerstate! OMG OMG OMG!"

Rounding out the field of four will be the bane of all our existence. 2004Striker easily defeated a distraught W&E..who after falling just short of TL Hanna eternal glory..hit the bottle hard and was barely conscious for the whoopin' old Stroke gave him.

-
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 04:52 AM
With myself, Lapf, Hurst, Wayne, BenP, and LF out I realize that the point of the competition is not to win. Look who is left. Would you want to be any of those posters save voice?
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 05:22 AM
WOO-HOO!!! Shut^and play!!! Bring the Cup to the Coast where it belongs!!! I'm rootin for ya buddy!!! (please note...this post makes it in before the 2pm curfew...)
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/07/06 03:01 PM
Yes, I would want to be me
Well, I still want to be a wild card but..... I guess I go for shut^ too.
Posted By: JP11 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 01:05 AM
Aw dang Mr. Chavaria. Just couldn't quite pull it off. Maybe next year?
Posted By: Irmostriker06 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 01:10 AM
We all know who the real champ is. Who caused the most controversy on the board and made just about everyone mad. It was fun while it lasted. I should at least get the Jack@$$ award or something like that.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 01:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Irmostriker06:
We all know who the real champ is. Who caused the most controversy on the board and made just about everyone mad. It was fun while it lasted. I should at least get the Jack@$$ award or something like that.

or maybe the reward for the lowest poster iq.

I could make a hat with a pinwheel on it if you'd like. Undoubtably it'd entertain you for hours on end.
Posted By: mk#11 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 02:02 AM
and i thought this was a high school soccer forum...im lost
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 02:51 AM
This just in:
Benp and Cap'n Walt agreed to a rematch of their round tonight by way of a boxing match out at the Gainey's property in "the middle of nowhere" South Carolina. The rules were simple. 1 and a half minute rounds (until submittion), mouth peices head gear and gloves worn at all times, and no hitting below the belt.

Round 1. The Cap came out firing hoping to catch the much smaller Benp off guard. After a few bruisers, he soon tired out and was susceptible to a few head shots thrown by the Infamous himself. This round went fast, and they quickly found themselves back in their corners with their coaches (Cap'n with BL's sweeper, and Benp with Falconstriker#20)

Round 2. Cap'n Walt again decided to throw his stregnth into the first few blows. I don't really remember much after that...

Round 3. Cap'n Walt was obviously tired, and tried to take numerous breaks throughout the minute and a half, and paid for it through some of the hardest shots Benp's 5'5 frame could muster. Mr. Walter through in the towel directly after this round, and thus gave up on his claim that he "truly won the original match with style.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 03:19 AM
Cap'n walt in the final four?
Cap'n Walt in the big dance?
Cap'n walt losing a boxing match to a much slower, much weaker, much more stamina and much less lazy ben p....

i do belive so

Good luck stroke, i hear some people are comparing me to a better george mason.
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 03:24 AM
come on now...much slower?

I think confidence was the key tonight people. I've never been in a competition I didn't think I could win...that's why I fought the Cap instead of Luke...ha
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 04:13 AM
Anybody got some background on this cap'n walt?
Another Benlipper? A benp mini-me clone? Better or worser speller than benp? (Does dey teach spelling at BL?) I ain't figuring to be too much very worried myself.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 02:03 PM
Ben/Taylor: The thought of you guys "boxing" makes my head numb. I want to laugh..or cry..or beat myself in the head with a rubber hose.
Wow L-E, that's kind of scary. When I say scary I mean that its almost as scary as watching Micheal Jackson and Ricky Martin hugging each other in speedos.
I think I'll go for Shut^, just because I like his name, so whimsical..yet..so fatal.
Posted By: who_me? Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/08/06 10:24 PM
As a disinterested observer, I have to point out that the refs in the benp defeat were obviosly unqualified, blind, from the low country, probably paid off under the table, and yes I'll go away now.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 12:25 AM
It's unfortunate benp can't complete his physical test so I can get him to ref my match.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 12:29 AM
Well..I don't even think I could bench your ego.. give ole chicken legs some credit.

<benp3
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 12:31 AM
His ego ain't gonna last long when VOR gets ahold of him.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 12:34 AM
Ego? The only ego I see resides in 2004striker mustache. You have to have some brass down yonder to think that's fashionable.

but in regards to benp's physical, it's a joke because he never has time to do it. I would never offend the internet diety that is benp. My computer would probably shut down.
Well, 231 posts since December 2002 is not a whole lot of posts. However, it is quality over quantity. This will be a tough test and my team will have to bring their "A+" game in order to defeat an opportunistic poster in shut^&play.

However, the curcuit training seemed to pay off after a difficult preseason, and I remain confident.

In order to lighten to mood a bit, we're going to watch some MTV Blocks and the original Head Banger's Ball. We are also warming up to a tape (yes I said tape) featuring Poison, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue and AC/DC on it.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 12:47 AM
..might as well listen to O.A.R.! ..what's wrong with you people?!
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 12:48 AM
Voice of Treason,

Whatever man. I've got "Eye of the Tiger" on constant repeat. I also play the film "Miracle" while I sleep. I think the subliminal training is paying off but I can't stop overstressing the "a" consonant and talking like I'm from Massachussetts.

I'll also be wearing my ipod while our match takes place like Juventus GK Gigi Buffon.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 01:04 AM
ah...i love miracle...deffinately my favorite practice of the year....right above the hair bleaching practice. Oh and stroker, my background is simple...i'm much taller, and better good looking than ben p. I also have a more prestigious history of ben lippen soccer.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 01:22 AM
I hear your 4 minutes of PT tonight were quite "presitigous"..
Posted By: benp Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 01:57 AM
Bah, more prestigious my fanny.

And to shut up, shut up, i got it done, i ran 1.8ish miles in the 12 minutes of required distance running, 34 second 200 and i'm not going to state my 50 time, cause i didn't rest between the three events in order to allow the test giver to get to his game on time.
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 02:09 AM
It's ok benp, don't worry.

Fred Beaver can't touch you there anymore. I'll protect you.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 03:36 PM
BWAHAHA!

..oh lawd.
Why won't you enter me as a wild-card? I swear that I would pass the drug test (you don't have one right?), and you know that I would rule the PFC box-office with my only the help of my brainpower.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/09/06 09:35 PM
Dudeman,
Please give this Talking Book my spot. I am old and I tire of this contest. Plus I know I will face my good and reasonable counterpart, VOR, in the final and I cannot, in all good conscience, defeat one so rational as I. VOR will make a great and dependable Champion. And will most definitely cherish the Great and Holy Cup.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/10/06 12:59 AM
Where is the real Stroke? The real Stroke would never say that.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/11/06 05:07 AM
Well..it won't be long now my friends. In a few short days there will be a new PLC champion among us. The torch shall be passed from one posting legend to another.. I can only hope that the 2006 Poster's League Championship has been as fulfilling for you..my fellow posters..as it has been for me. Without further adieu.

First Divison Finals

Before the start of this match there had been many rumors circulating about the health of shut^&play. Word was that after yelling at his opponents so much.. telling them to "shut up and play"..he'd severly damaged his esophagus (though there are other theories as to how it really happened) Despite the rumors..both shut^&play and the voice of reason did meet for their posting showdown tonight. Though shut^&play brought an intense "in your face" style to the match..the voice of reason remained true the method that had been good to him since day one. The two pushed eachother to a level of posting that has rarely been seen in all the intarWeb..but when all was said and done..one poster had to go home empty handed. In a split decision..with officials Beaver and Spanish-Teacher-at-Dorman scoring in favor of the voice of reason...the voice of reason will advance to represent the First Divison and Team 1 in the PLC Championship match.

Second Division Final

In the battle for the other side of the bracket were two improbable posting machines. Relative newcomer cap'n walt had made a name for himself as the darkhorse of this tournament. Once thought to be merely a sideline poster..the scsoccer.com world took a step back and a deep breath..when this wizz kid "hit us with some knowledge" ..facing ole T-Walt was ever sensible poster's arch-nemisis.. 2004Striker(The Stroke). Since the dawn of man..before the time of Chuck Norris..and in the wake of the 2nd coming of Shearer..The Stroke has plagued www.scsoccer.com with posting ineptitude and scandal. In perhaps the most important match in PLC history..two very important factors would come into play.

1) Despite a rock solid reputation of being a complete moron. No other poster in PLC records came close to prediciting the Great Merge of 2000-whenever. This foresight (though possibly a pact with Satan) has and continues to be the strong suit of a posting fiend.

2) ..and most importantly.

When you look like this:
 -
..you're bound to lose.

Poster League Championship - Saturday May 13th

the voice of reason VS 2004Striker
..call your local cable provider for broadcast information

-
Posted By: shut^&play Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/11/06 06:01 AM
O me o my!

Well at least I didn't get owned like Capn' Walt did. That kid got set up from day 1.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/11/06 10:54 AM
lame lame lame lame lame lame....at least we are going to state.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/11/06 01:16 PM
I am ready VOR. It is appropriate that the two most rational posters in this forum are left to do battle. (Chico is rational, but in an obsessive-compulsive statistical kind of way).
VOR, I must warn you that I have been at Golds Gym for 67 hours straight, listening to Bad Company on my cheap mp3 player. Even my mustache is in fine shape for the contest:
 -
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/11/06 01:37 PM
If I may quote the cap'n, "lame lame lame lame lame lame"!!!!!!! Stroker, now that is one guy that is proud of his LACK of manhood!
AHH,
A match-up for the ages. The VOR team is now focusing on specific deatils of their game as their overall strategy was determined weeks ago.

This has lead to a level of confidence never before seen in the PLC Tournament. The VOR team is peaking at the right time-- playoff time!

Look for this match-up to be an ESPN Instant Classic!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 12:04 AM
VOR,
Yes, it will truly be a match worthy of an Irmo State Final match. But I promise if I lose, I will actually attend the 2nd place ceremony and not throw the second place alluminum medal in the nearest trash can. I will assure you that I and my entourage will not invade your Remote Area, as did the skinny kid from BL with his dastardly paintball attack. Do you think that LEdudeman will accomodate us with live streamin video of the final? Or at the very least, a taped interview and pictures for the local papers?
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 12:27 AM
quote:
VOR, I must warn you that I have been at Golds Gym for 67 hours straight, listening to Bad Company on my cheap mp3 player. Even my mustache is in fine shape for the contest:
I've been quite disconsolate the past few days since I was eliminated in the PLC, but this comment from Stroke does not shock me. Way to go Blue Devils, more to come from me after you take care of Riverside.
The paintball attack did disrupt things for a bit. In response, we launched a relentless water balloon and paper wasp (or hornet) bombardment and eventually converted Sections 5-9 to VOR Team members.

We have since switched fortifications to a more beach front area on Folly Beach. If all else fails, we can enter the PCL Futsal Championships.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 01:45 PM
Beach front? And I am training in the sweaty, smelly Golds Gym? You must have some big money backing you. Possibly CESA? You will probably show up at the final all tanned and well rested. Drats!!
This is not gonna be as easy a final as I figured.
I will have to change my tactics a bit. Maybe its my training music - Bad Company. Maybe I need to go more upbeat, like Foghat or Lynrd Skynrd, or pull out all the stops and go with Oak Ridge Boys.
Fortunately, I have a hot instructor:
 -
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 01:47 PM
Wouldn't the Ruby Ridge Boys be more fitting?
Posted By: Coach D Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 01:49 PM
The "Soggy Bottom Boys" would be my guess.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 06:57 PM
maybe some O.A.R.?
On my warm-up tape, i have three Riverside warm-up tape staples....

1. Steppenwolf- Magic Carpet Ride
2. Beastie Boys- Brass Monkey
3. Quenn- Under Pressure

I recommend you stick with Kenny G and Michael Bolton and perhaps work in some Yani.
oops.... that would be Queen
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/12/06 10:13 PM
Yes, I may need some Yani to come down from my workout. I may have overdone it today.
 -
Posted By: FUsoccer14 Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 05:06 AM
any word on the PLC finals? Jack? I heard they were yesterday (13th)...?
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 06:54 AM
You heard correctly. The Poster's League Championship did indeed take place yesterday May 13th..and lasted well into the early hours of Sunday the 14th.

On this Championship weekend.. the PLC Final was not to be outdone by PK shootouts and clashing 4A titans.

Tonight new standards of competitive posting were set, bowels ruptured, women swooned, men became gods..and just as it began..it ended..the sun will still rise tomorrow..but this time under the reign of a new PLC Champion.

Perennial mudslinger 2004Striker arrived at the match today with his entourage of whiney mutinous AC Flora parents in attack mode. While the voice of reason crawled from behind the counter at Soccer Plus just in time to avoid disqualification.

As the two opponents became the focus of the crowd's attention..the voice of reason thought back to the glory days at Riverside High School. How he and Chet Milton had both scored hat trick heard in the demonation of Irmo. Or that time they played the All God team and thoroughly trounced the opposition. Meanwhile 2004Striker thought back to that time L-E Dude slid on Skylar Reeves Jr. and said "Better stay down, B**CH!" ..or the quiet afternoons before a match at Bolden Stadium when he would comb the field making sure all the hypodermic needles and condoms had been cleared.

But as the whistle blew they both snapped back to the present and fixed their gaze on eachother.

Posting was fast and furious..the match eventually settled into the equivalent of a brawlers slugfest. Hit after hit..these two posters pounded away at eachother until there was seemingly nothing left. But knowing the PLC Cup was on the line kept both posters conscious as their bodies demanded they throw in the towel.

Sometime after 1AM (3+ hours into the match)..an urgent message was received by officials in the press box. Over the loud speakers they announced to the crowd, "We've just received word from the experts at goirmo.com, that and I quote, 'The predicted merger by 2004Striker never actually happen. It has been a figment of our imaginations.'"

Without skipping a beat, the voice of reason went straight for the jugular. He quickly searched ever post ever made by 2004Striker..then spell checked, grammar checked, and converted them all to MLA format.

Due to this..voice of reason The Stroke had now seen in his own words..coupled with all the stress of preparing for this competition..and previously watching the Lowerstate lose..yet again. 2004Striker fell to the ground..and is believed to have had..a stroke (go figure?!).

Your 2006 Poster's League Championship winner is none other than.. the voice of reason.

Congratu-effin-lations..now do us all a favor and go be the Riverside coach..

Thanks to all the volunteers who made this all possible. Without you..I would have done this all by myself.. which.. I did. See you in 2007.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 06:58 AM
Enjoy the 2006 edition..of the GREAT CUP!

-
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 02:52 PM
very nice VOR.....congrats to all the participants...and a special thanks to you jack [Wink]
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 03:04 PM
WHAT???????????
IT CAN'T BE!!!!
ALL MY HARD WORK FOR NAUGHT?
ITS BLASPHEMONEY!
ITS ALL POLITICAL, JUST LIKE ALL-STATE!
RIGHT NOW I AM TEMPORARILY UNABLE TO SPEAK DUE TO THE MASSIVE STROKE I INCURRED THIS MORNING!
MY DOCTOR, SARA BELLUM, SAID I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY MORE ABOUT THIS TERRIBLE PLC UPSET THIS AFTERNOON. RIGHT NOW IT IS TOO DANGEROUS TO SAY MORE-
 -
To boworrow from Jou Gehrig... today, i consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. I have even printed the picture and hung it on my wall. There were many great competitors, and I am truly honored to be recognized as the best poster for this year!!!

A special thanks to L-E Dude for organizing this incredible tournament. I am going to revel in all the spoils that come with finishing #1- ladies, "A" list celebrities, but most importantly.... a new line for my signature.

To all the competitors, beware of next year. The Voice of Reason does not rest on one championship.... we press for more!!!
and of course we all know that would be Lou Gehrig.... seeing as I am shedding a tear during my acceptance speech, the letters are a bit blurred.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 06:29 PM
(My doctor gave me approval to make a brief statement until I recover further from the stroke, so I am using one of those long sticks between my teeth to type this) -
LEdudeman,
VOR was a worthy finalist and I wish him well with his Cup, but I demand an explanantion! Now I know how Irmo feels when they are robbed of a championship. What was it?
Bad refs? Bad uniform? The Spalding ball? My enmity towards your crude buddy shutdown? My unbleached hair?
I DEMAND THE NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, ADDRESSES, WORK PLACES OF ALL YOUR COMMITTEE MEMBERS. YOU AND YOUR RAGTAG PLC BOARD WILL HEAR NEXT FROM THE SCYSA WHEN I FILE MY PROTEST THRU MY LEGAL GURU, CHICO!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 06:56 PM
thanks L-E dude!!!
Posted By: mbsocfan Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/14/06 07:01 PM
2004...check this out...he disqualifies ME for posts between the hours of 2am-6am...yet, posts the PLC results during those very hours!! HMMMMM...
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Poster's League Championship 2006 - 05/17/06 05:59 PM
Have not heard much from the 'alleged' PLC champion, VOR. I heard a rumor that he was trying to sell the Cup on Ebay. It that anyway to show respect for the grand Cup? Last year's winner, soccerboy, left beer to turn to mold in his Cup. And now VOR is trying to get rid of his. A true champion, such as myself, would drink fine 25 yr. old single malt Ardbeg scotch every morning out of my Cup.
And so it goes..........
Don't you already drink that out of the cup you won from that beauty pageant in San Francisco? And where is VOR tryin to sell the cup, I would buy.
© SC Soccer