SC Soccer
Posted By: goals66 5/1 results - 05/02/06 12:53 AM
benp says
CN 3-2 wilson hall in overtime.
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: 5/1 results - 05/02/06 02:19 AM
from what i've heard....Cn down 2-1, gets a goal with a small amount of time on the clock....david allen puts in a header 3 minutes into the first OT.
Posted By: benp Re: 5/1 results - 05/02/06 02:21 AM
Good back and forth game. Thomas Winstead scores on a pk with around 30 minutes left in the game. Brenden kight answered around 10 minutes later putting in a goal just past the keeper near post. Wilson Hall's second goal came off a ball played by Rafael Abreu (not sure who put it in), and Cardinal Newman picked up their intensity for the last 10 minutes of the match. With 15 seconds left in the 40 minutes of clock time in the second half. Matt Winstead followed up a beautiful free kick that just hit post and put away the equalizer. After 4 minutes of stoppage time, overtime began. 3 minutes into the first period, David Allen headed in the corner to put the cardinals up for the second time of the match, this time, they wouldn't lose thier lead, and they held on to finish second in region.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: 5/1 results - 05/02/06 02:32 AM
Congratulations to Cardinal Newman for a very well played game.CN is a well coached, talented group. I thought CN might be down a little this year, but here they right back with a very good team.

The Barons laid it on the line tonight, but came up a little short.Hopefully the boys can pick themselves up off the deck and play well against a fast closing Hammond team.
Posted By: BLStriker20 Re: 5/1 results - 05/02/06 03:03 AM
Wow sounds like an intense game. seems to me like playoffs this year are going to be closer than ever! good luck to both teams
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: 5/1 results - 05/02/06 03:38 AM
Bdad,

Thank you for the kind words. The WH boys played outstanding tonight. You guys are a totaly different team w/ #11. And YES 5 goals different. He was a handful. Best of luck in the playoffs and not it to play you guys first round!

Best Wishes,

Will Eudy
© SC Soccer