SC Soccer
Posted By: The Real Henry Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/09/06 09:55 PM
What will the score be? How's this game going to turn out?

I say:
NHS-3
Mauldin-1
Posted By: J Tella Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/09/06 10:39 PM
4-2 NW, Mauldin and Northwestern games are usually scrappy with a lot of physical play by both defenses, but Mauldin usaully gets one or two. NW defense will be key, if they can handle the speed of Mauldin they will have no problem
Posted By: newcastlemagpie Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/09/06 11:19 PM
3-1 nw

close first half but nw opens up in the second.
Posted By: The Real Henry Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 12:13 AM
you gonna be there geoff?
Posted By: newcastlemagpie Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 12:20 AM
na gotta take care of the kids...be there on sat. for sure. casy will be there though
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 12:59 AM
If Mauldin has an edge in one thing it is probably being more physical. Maybe they will use it to their advantage. And Mauldin does have a very fast forward that could slip by.
Posted By: irefsoc Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 01:37 AM
Does Mauldin play at the high school?

thanks,
irefsoc
Posted By: benp Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 03:18 AM
5-0
Posted By: 22 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 03:23 AM
I have to agree that this is not going to be a close game....
Posted By: futbol05 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 04:30 AM
It's an upperstate championship game, it will always be much closer than anyone expects. Very scrappy, very physical..

After a tight first half, NW opens it up for a
2-3 goal margin.
Posted By: socrmom13 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 10:34 AM
GO MAULDIN! Brophy is a great coach and I've watched Mauldin play many times. They have some great players with heart. Hope they take it all the way!
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 01:21 PM
i cna't imagine this will be a close game. i've heard nothing of mauldin all year and i know NW is talented. dont get me wrong mauldin could be amazing and come out with a big win here, but i doubt it.
Posted By: wolfgang Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 01:34 PM
down went irmo, down went south aiken, down went ft mill, down went hilton head....strange things can and will happen in the playoffs. will it happen to the trojans? they will win but it probably wont be a blowout unless the team that smacked farragut 10-1 shows up.
Posted By: 1977 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 01:51 PM
Mauldin have forwards with speed and ball control if they continue to release the ball quickly instead of hotdogging they will win this game
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 02:54 PM
NW-3
Mauldin-0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 03:54 PM
should be a good game
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/11/06 04:19 AM
Mauldin beat Spring Valley earlier in the year so they must be good.
Posted By: sideline24 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/11/06 04:43 AM
dj and sneed that played for the 87 cesa premier play up top i think for mauldin are sick ..they also have a very talented freshman in the middle that will be great someday this will be closer than most percieve.. my guess is 3-2 mauldin
Posted By: Scarlet Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 05:16 PM
The "freshman in the middle" is Michael Valencia from the cesa 90 premier team.
Posted By: socrmom13 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 06:56 PM
Don't forget about David Erhbacher in the defender position for Mauldin - One of the toughest and most tenacious players I've ever watched - Made the All State Team this year!
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 08:07 PM
Yeah, all of those players are going to have to play great to give Mauldin the chance to win this game. Especially David because he holds down the defense but I think they can do it. Mauldin 2-1.
Posted By: dreherheckler Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 08:43 PM
i dont see this as being close, mauldin did not impress me here on senior night even with george rushe not playing the majority of the game. their goal came off a mistake where one of our guys came up to draw them offsides and the didnt time it right. but thats just one game, could be different story tonight. but im gonna go nw 4-1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/10/06 10:49 PM
NW will WIN. No Doubt bout it. Sorry Mauldin but yall will be beaten once again by the new POWERHOUSE in the state. Should be a good game but im callin it 3-0 NW will score 2 in the second half finishin Mauldin off.
Posted By: BL25 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/11/06 02:59 AM
2-1 NW, enzo martinez and mitchell gullick scorers for NW. It was very physical (although the only yellow cards were given to Mauldin)...twice a Mauldin player pushed a NW player after a play was over
Posted By: BL25 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/11/06 03:00 AM
2-1 NW, enzo martinez and mitchell gullick scorers for NW. It was very physical (although the only yellow cards were given to Mauldin)...twice a Mauldin player pushed a NW player after a play was over
Posted By: futbol05 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/11/06 04:10 AM
Northwestern and Mauldin seemed even as far as being physical goes, Mauldin just seemed dirtier. 5 yellow cards I believe, a couple for punches and pushes after the play. They seemed extremely frustrated at times. this was a great game to watch, both teams played well. Mauldin definitely proved themselves in the playoffs this season. Northwestern had two or three shots hit the post, one or two of them were 1 vs. 1 with the keeper.
Posted By: NOTREBMALHH Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/12/06 10:36 AM
sideline24
Only DJ played for the CESA U18 Premier. Sneed did not make the U18 Premier Team. He did play on the U17 Premier team. He played U18 Challenge along with Erhbacher, Klas and C. Valencia. Still all are good players.
Posted By: sideline24 Re: Northwestern vs. Mauldin - 05/12/06 11:24 AM
oh thanx for the info
© SC Soccer