SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/22/02 11:10 PM
What are the predictions for the championship in the 4A division?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/23/02 02:40 AM
RV, Irmo, Dorman, or Sumter
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/23/02 04:45 AM
I honestly believe Sumter can go all the way this year. They have two great strikers, and a first class goalie. I hate playing them(luckily we don't this year), but as a fellow Sumter county school they got my support.

HOLLA AT A PLAYA
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/23/02 04:58 AM
You betta believe RV...they want it too bad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/23/02 02:24 PM
Good luck to all teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/24/02 01:02 AM
summerville.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/28/02 11:23 PM
Def. either Irmo or Sumter!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/01/02 05:41 AM
yall cant leave SV out of this thing. they always put out a good team and are capable of doing alot. just wait.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 10/23/02 09:25 PM
Im telling yall watch out for South Aiken!!!Were gonna be nasty this year!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 10/28/02 02:00 AM
i wouldn't count to heavly on rv...the lost like 15 seniors or something...it would take a bus load of people to make up for it...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 11/02/02 09:45 PM
i agree with js3 ridgeview did loose alot of seniors last year. Unless they got some new players that are are as good as Hughes, Lorick, or Steir then they will not have a chance. Don't get me wrong, they have a good team, but it will not be good enough to defeat Irmo or Dorman. My predictions for the finals will either be between Irmo or Dorman for upperstate and Spring Valley or Sumter.
Good luck to all of the schools.
cokersocr16
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 11/04/02 12:55 AM
Hey, sorry to bust your bubble but Irmo is no longer an Upperstate team! [Big Grin] Irmo is in the lower state, so all i can say is beware RV and Sumter, you have got a new rival [Razz] . Dorman, well they might not be that talented this year. South aiken will have the best chance at winning upperstate [Eek!] SV umm...no Aiken...no Mauldin..maybe Northwestern..yes they will be good
any comments? [Confused]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 11/13/02 02:45 AM
does wando still have that 8 foot keeper (practically)? or did he graduate?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 12/07/02 09:15 PM
I heard that Lower Richland is going to be a strong contender in 4a ball this year. they have a new coach and are led by junior Nick Draewell and Senior Jason Vik. Let me know what yall have heard
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 12/09/02 03:29 AM
lower richland???? get real...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 12/10/02 02:21 AM
I'm not about to hate on any team, but really who does Wando have, besides Cody Natile, yea he's good, for his age, he wont be able to handle an Irmo, Dorman, or Sumter Defense. And SV, they have a chance to be good, but i heard that they lost some players do to behavoir. Irmo, always has a good showing. RV, dont know about them. Sumter, i heard they lost a big player do to behavior, but still we be able to come out on top. Im thinking its gonna be Irmo and Sumter in the semi's, in that game it'll just be who wants it more, bc sumter's gonna have the best defense in the state.
Wando has a Spanish exchange student that I hear is an incredible keeper.The Darby kid at 6'5 has excellent touch for his size and I have been impressed with many of their club players that should make the team again.These guys will be a force in the Lower State,make no mistake!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 12/15/02 08:29 PM
SUMTER-Hear that Damon?Good luck from your old Dreher JV boys, ect.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 12/19/02 09:04 PM
Hey guys, I hear that South Aiken had a squad of freshman that ran the show last year and took them to the playoffs. I bet now that there sophmores there nasty. Yall just better watch out for SA. Oh, and by the way, they only lost three seniors last year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 01/27/03 08:56 PM
yeah i dont think that lower richland should even be in the same topic with these other good teams as far as winning the state goes......get your crap straight
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 01/30/03 06:32 AM
Russell Shelley's legacy lives on in the few players that remain at Sumter High. This is probably the last chance Sumter has to compete for the state championship in soccer and I think all the players know that, and for this reason, Sumter will win the 4A state championship.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 01/30/03 03:49 PM
u crazy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/10/03 11:30 PM
south aiken is going to rip the playoffs up. they have an excellent offense that is led by joey and jamal up top. no one can stop them.
the midfield and defense are off the chain too
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/18/03 01:18 AM
SA soccer SA is right. we are going to kill everyone this year. it wont even be close.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/18/03 02:10 AM
ha...that comment is somewhat funny...but its mostly SAD [Frown]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/18/03 12:23 PM
i would seriously look for ridge view, mauldin or sv for upperstate. wando has a buynch of guys with great touch, and they get in your way and make things happen. i wouldn't count irmo out, but i hear they're not as strong as in the past, but i may be wrong. but i don't agree with js3.
he said:

"i wouldn't count to heavly on rv...the lost like 15 seniors or something...it would take a bus load of people to make up for it..."

but since when has all the upperclassmen decided who the team is??? the upperclassmen take the leadership of the teamits everyone who makes up the quality, and the skill of the team. i believe the year after RV lost 11 seniors, darlingtons first year, they were playing in the state finals against irmo, with a young team. so just because they are young, don't count them out!
As a longtime resident of the Midlands, I find it curious as to why everyone wants to write off Irmo this season. Based on what I saw last year, they should have a good number of returnees. Did they lose some players other than what graduated last year? If so, who and why? Who are some of their younger players expected to contribute?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/19/03 12:37 AM
Cola Fan~ Nobody should write off Irmo this season by any means. They have a great amount of talent and have the ability to win state this year. Everyone, well actually the sophomore classes in Aiken, are the only people really talking on this message board. If you haven't noticed, the better teams avoid talking crap on the internet because actions on the field speak much more than an internet message board. Look out for Irmo this year, they got the players(Saul Stoner, Brent Jordan, Chad Domis, and many more). I'm not writing them off for this year, so everyone shouldn't be surprised when they are playing on May 17.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/19/03 01:22 AM
RNE beat CN 5-2
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/20/03 02:09 AM
im not tryin to count irmo out, u never count out a team who has some where between 14-18 state championships, under on coach! im just sayin that i've heard they're not as strong as in teh past, but we'll see come game time
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/20/03 06:46 PM
All i know is that if you are not talking about SA and tha sophmores that they got then you dont have a clue about sc high school soccer. They going all tha way and thats all there is to it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/21/03 01:26 AM
Personally i think TL Hanna will come out on top they have plenty of talent and now that Matt Morris is back they are going to do some damage. Mauldin please... who do they have besides shutler.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 02/21/03 04:49 AM
it's amazing how difficult it is to have a decent discussion about who's really going to contend for the 4A championship. when the entire south aiken team is talking about how great they are all the time, it's hard for anyone to actually talk about teams that will actually do well. i think everyone should think of it like this, not one of us knows anything about south aiken except that they're egotistical and love to brag. let's have some serious posts here.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/12/03 04:18 PM
Sumter has got the championship in the palm of their hands.. Ive heard alot about them over the past couple weeks. As of right now i have alot of confidence that they will win..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/12/03 06:39 PM
Sumter. theyre nice. they've played club soccer together forever.. most of them have anyway. strikers work well with each other.. so does the midfield and defense. they have my vote
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 12:02 AM
Sumter definatly shouldnt be counted out, thats for sure.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 12:59 AM
Whoever wins the lowerstate this year will be the state champs. I'm not sure about which team will win the lowerstate, though, but my top three are(in no particular order) Sumter, Irmo, and Wando.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 02:10 AM
The battle in lower state will be simple...Irmo lost all there good players except brent jordan and Endress, Wando has no goalie and are over ranked. It will be between Dutch Fork and Sumter.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 02:14 AM
advantage: sumter
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 02:27 AM
Higgo- Are you telling me that Saul Stoner (possibly the best back in the state), Chad Domis, Grayson Mullins, Brandon Brashier, Zach Zavitz, and Marq Cobb aren't good? They are all talented players and get better every game. Especially since Dutch Fork lost to Lexington 5-1, how could you even compare them to Sumter, Irmo, or Wando?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 03:03 AM
there all good player especially saul...but my bad i dont know your roster like the BACK OF MY HAND..we lost to lexington due to injury and we beat them 3-0 in preaseason
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 03:34 AM
Higgo, I do not think you know what you are talking about. Wando has an excellent goalie. I played with him in club. He took us to the championship game. I do not believe Mauldin has a very good chance. When we,PG, played them we only lost 1-0. If you cannot beat a scisa team better then that, you will have trouble in 4A. I also believe summerville has no chance. They only beat us 1-0. My money is on wando. They beat us 3-0. They have 2 great forwards in Darby and Costanza. Thier midfield is tall and physical. Thier defense is very fast, and thier goalie is great. But, I do not know how Irmo or Sumter are because I have not seen them play.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 04:07 AM
the easy vote here is wando if you've seen them play. they're strong throughout the entire team, their forwards, their midfield, their defense, and their keeper. their keeper is definitely not weak. right now, they seem unstoppable, and although the easy vote is with them, i believe they will be upset during the season and in the playoffs. just a prediction.
My money is on the boys from Sumter. i have watched these guys play through club and high school soccer and this team is talented,experienced,and motivated.There is no team as strong down the middle as sumter and I believe they are the most balanced offensively and defensively. Plus, they have an outstanding keeper who makes no mistakes.Sumter will not beat themselves. The one thing that could derail the gamecocks title chances would be a lack of depth.A key injury or suspension would be difficult to overcome. I'm pulling for a Sumter v Northwestern championship game. Coach Finotti against his old school.
IMO, Sumter only has four games on their schedule after the tourney in Charleston (Dutch Fork and Irmo). Too bad they're not playing in another high profile tourney against top competition to really test themselves. [Frown] Sumter didn't make it out of the second round (S'ville) last year and experience pays off down the line, so you can bet the teams mentioned and JI, RV, and Wando, will have something to say about how far the Gamecocks go this year! [Roll Eyes]

As for the upstate, look for Dorman and NW to challenge along with a dark horse like Hanna! [Cool]
As I said in my previous post, I think this is Sumter's year.They are a senior dominated team that knows this is the last chance for them to win the big prize.Also, even though they were knocked out early last year I think the these guys have enough big game experience in club soccer to make a run at it. But you know in soccer the best team doesn't always win.Look at the last 2 4A state championship games.If these were the best 2 out 3 I think the last 2 state champions would have been Ridge View and Irmo.(my opinion).still, I believe things will fall Sumter's way this year.It will be fun watching,anyway.
Sumter will not win region much less state!!! The lower state is loaded!!! THe upper state is more who shows up what night!!! The lower state rep at the finals will have had to play Irmo, summ, JI, Wando, sumter, HH, etc to get there!!!1 Lower state will dominated 4A this year! Mauldin and Hanna are very talented but lack the focous game in and game out!!! Darkhorse in the lower state is Dutch Fork. They play with a lot of energy and that can pay off in the long run!!!! Lugger(sp) is hell in the middle and the Riveras(sp) kid can fly!!1 they get great leadership from willingham and will be in the hunt!!! Their weak spot is GK!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 06:44 PM
You can count out Dorman this year. They will barely, if at all, win their region. I watched them play this year, and boy are they complacent. Their D is just ok, nothing in the middle, nothing up front. If they win anything, they'd have to stay lucky as they have been so far, and so much luck is not available in the whole world.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/13/03 11:11 PM
LEXINGTON not saying they comin home with gold around their necks but they are gonna make a nice lil run in the playoffs, they've beaten RV already and have NW tomorrow night gonna be a good game. they are definatly a sleeper and will pull an upset or 2 but i dont think they have a great chance to make it to the state championship, but you never know
holla
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Will come out on top in the AAAA Championship? - 03/14/03 01:18 AM
i say the blackville-hilda hawks. have you seen the video highlights from the last game? those guys have a mean "one-two" punch. and boy can they run fast after they sock their opponent. HA!
Zelda, when did BH make the astronomical jump from AAAA to A? Read and think before you type. By the way, I like all high school soccer, but that A division is the worst for competition. One good team out of 17-20 teams shouldn't qualify that for a "championship". Why doesn't the League realize this and combine the AA/A game again?
© SC Soccer