SC Soccer
Thanks!
Barnwell 4
Silver Bluff 2

Good luck Silver Bluff on the rest of your season. Coach Holt has done a great job with this team.
Darlington - 3
GSSM - 2

Great game! Darlington went up 2-0 in the first half. GSSM scored 1 half way thru the second half, then got a PK. (was a legit call) With around 2 minutes left Darlington put one in. Great game by both teams. Great job by the refs!
anyone know anything about SV v SA? that is tonight isn't it?
SV-5
SA-2

Will someone give Spring Valley a little respect!
Cardinal Newman 4

O'burg Prep 0
I'm pretty sure I was right on with that one. haha they've always had my respect despite a few struggles early in the season. They are definitely a top 5 team in my opinion.
sa was without its starting keep, but idk how much differnece tht would make
Dorman 2
Boiling Springs 0
From The Greenville News:

Greer 7, Clinton 4
Eastside 6, Wade Hampton 0
Greenville 3, Travelers Rest 0
Riverside 9, B. Ridge 0
Southside Christian 7, Ware Shoals 0
Christ Church 10, Byrnes 0
Hillcrest 4, Gaffney 1
Landrum 4, Chapman 2
Seneca 5, Berea 3
Goals -- S: McClure, Rothell, Messick, Soler, Wall. B: Ramirez, Gutierrez, Murillo. Assists -- S: Soler 2, Glenn. Records: Seneca 6-7 (4-4), Berea 3-7 (2-7).
Marlboro County- 3
Lakewood- 2 in OT
@ WA
WA 2
Lincon 3 PK's Lincon 4 WA 3
Tied 2-2 at end of regulation and OT.
Waccamaw 6
Loris 0
@ Fox Creek
Blackville-Hilda 3
Fox Creek 2
March 26-

White Knoll- 3
Batesburg-Leesville- 2 (OT)

2-2 at end of regulation
March 27
at Clinton
Clinton 8-1 Union

Halftime: CHS 5-1 UHS
Goals: CHS Gerson Garcia 3, Eli Watts 3, Stephen Bryant, Chad Romines; UHS Sparky Page.
Assists: CHS Gerson Garcia 2, Eli Watts, Stephen Bryant, D.J. Long, Matus Gregus.
Shots: CHS 23; UHS 7.
Saves: CHS Hampden Thomason 5, Brooks Young 1; UHS David Roark 12.
Fouls: CHS 5; UHS 7.
Cornerkicks: CHS 5; UHS 3.
Offsides: CHS 1; UHS 1.
Records: CHS 5-7-0 (2-4); UHS 0-7-0 (0-5).
@ Heathwood

Cardinal Newman 3
Heathwood Hall 0
Summerville 3 Fort 0
Lex 4 Aiken 0
3/27 @ Northwestern

Northwestern 5
South Pointe 0
Wilson 4
Crestwood 1
Lugoff-Elgin - 4
Chester - 0

2-0 at the half

Goals:
Ricky Taylor (2) [Senior]
Hunter Buchanan (2) [Junior]

Assist:
Matt Thornton [Senior]

Jack Weatherford in goal for the full 80 to ensure the shutout.

Ricky Taylor scored the first two goals flying solo (one of which was a left footed strike that he roofed at a pretty intense angle - very nice).
Hunter Buchanan would take care of the scoring for the 2nd half with a solo effort of his own as well as a volley about 10yrds out with service from senior Matt Thornton.

The win brings LE back level to 3-3 overall for the season and 2-2 in region play. The match against Dreher for this Thursday is being rescheduled.
DF 5
RV 0

White Knoll 1
Irmo 0
Not a misprint.
Pinewood - 14
Hilton Head Prep - 0
Someone please post Info on the WK-Irmo Game. I heard Irmo was missing starters for the Aiken game, were they still out tonight?
OK Midlandsoccer17...

Don't drop a bomb like that without giving some details...

...What's in the water at White Knoll? They handed Aiken a Loss, just last week
Lex 4 - 0 Aiken

Yo Crazy ....Check with Midlands 2 posts before you...if true.... insert REM song here ...it's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine

I understand that they missed this game as well. hard lesson for all...if true.
Berkeley 1
Stratford 6
What does your post mean futbol, I dont understand it, can you re-state it in a diffrent way. Im not trying to annoy anyone i just want the scoop on the game.
All I was told is

1- it was 0-0 at half
2- "starters" were suspended for both Aiken and WK game

I do not know how true, if true, or if WK actually won

If it is true then the R E M (band) song..."It's the end of the world as we know" is appropriate. You may have heard it at the beginning of "Independence Day" movie...
Blythewood 3 - 2 Camden (OT)

0 - 0 at halftime; Blythewood battles back from being down 2 - 0 to win at Camden. Good luck to Coach Graham and Camden this season!
gotcha thanks for clearing that up. Im just sitting here astonished.
The way i heard it was that a White Knoll foward broke loose shortly after half time and scored. They then held Irmo's attack of for the rest of the game.
Kyle paradise?
That would be my guess... great rebound from problems earlier last year. I thought he was moving to Valley at one point...
Dreher-1
AC Flora-0
SA 8
north augusta 0
Didn't watch the game so I can't offer much insight, but I believe it is 6 Irmo players that didn't dress. 3 or 4 starters with 5 out of the 6 gettin pretty significant playing time.
what players?
SHS 3
FDHS 0
1-0 SHS at half
shots...
SHS 13 - 9 on goal, FDHS 16 - 8 on goal
fouls...
SHS 14, FDHS 9
corners...
SHS 2, FDHS 4
GK saves
SHS 8, FDHS 6
Great game. Closer than the score indicates. Good luck to the Fort til next time.
Joseph Toughy must have been suspended. am i right?
Plenty of upset Flora fans and coaches...2 red cards on Flora asst coach and a fan for dissin the ref. Cant say I blame them much, Dreher, in the last 10 min. committed 2 clear fouls IN the box with wave-offs on both...that will p*ss someone off everytime! OTHERWISE a very close and entertaining game.
Darlington - 8
Lake City - 0
Chapin 1 BC 0 in 2OT

Winning goal was scored a minute or two in the 2nd OT. Great match and both teams played hard.
Even WK would have to admit that Irmo dominated them tonight but couldn't buy a goal, dispite countless near death opportunities. White Knoll managed to score on one of two, maybe three attampts on goal on a nice cross from just outside the right side of the box to an attacking back post player. Irmo will recover for the rematch and win by 3 to 5 goals.

Final Score Tonight: WK 1 - Irmo 0
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
...Mr. Cunninghan is scheduled for your next match...AAAH..HAH That
He is certainly not. I have looked!

If you check the playoff brackets, 1st place in Region 4 is not a great spot...It might be a good strategy to play for 2nd or 3rd ??
where can i find the playoff bracket?
well i shouldn't laugh. That is certainly the most striking upset I've heard of this year, actually a couple.
http://www.schsl.org/2006/2006-2007%20AAAA%20Handbook.pdf
Myrtle Beach 9 Georgetown 0... Georgetown moves to 0-9 on the year...
Thanks Spartan, you are right about the draw in the playoffs though. Region champion out of region 4 will most likely play Northwestern in the third round while the #2 and #3 seeds could hold off playing them until the upper state championship game if one of the teams were to get that far.
@ Walterbro
WA 4

CCHS 1
@ West-Oak

Pendleton 2
West-Oak 0

Finishing is starting to be a recurring issue for our team, hope to get it straightened out (in some cases literally) before our next match against Walhalla!
@North Charleston
Bluffton 11 North Charleston 0
Fort Mill 3
Clover 0
Strom Thurmond 0
Airport 2
@ Andrews
Garrett 2
Andrews 1
PK's 3-2
Shots
Andrews 27
Garrett 14
Garett GK played great (15 saves). Congrats to Coach Murray and his team. They wanted the win much more than Andrews.
northwestern-7
rock hill 2
Mauldin 2
Hillcrest 1
Wilson 2
South Florence 1 in OT
Final:
GSSM - 2
Aynor - 1

Decided by Penalty Kicks, GSSM - 4, Aynor - 3

At the half: GSSM - 0, Aynor - 1
At the end of regulation and overtime: GSSM - 1, Aynor - 1

Now the referee question of the day (certified referees only): Does a player have to be on the field at the end of the OT in order to be eligible to take a PK in SC High School soccer?
Wait, forget the certification stipulation on my question. Let's have coaches and players give their opinions and experiences, too.
James Island 3
Berkeley 0

JI came out with two quick goals off the bat, then capped the win with a third late in the second half.
@ Chester
Blythewood 5 - 0 Chester
2-0 at halftime
Marlboro County- 9
Eau Claire- 2
From the 2006 -2007 SCHSL Handbook:

5. No match may end in a tie. During the regular season there will be two full five minute overtime periods. If a tie still exists, penalty kicks by anyone on/off the field will determine the winner.
Coach Cady the ansewer to your question is no they do not have to be on the field. You may use anyone on your roster.
Thanks for the source of the rule, I did not find it in NFHS rules I had. The Ref didn't buy the fact that I had been doing this for years and had brought players off the bench many times. He said he had been doing it for a long time too (although he was about 20 years younger than I). Lesson learned, bring the handbook to the games also. Knowing the rules is not good enough, you have to be able to prove them.
Edisto 3
Barnwell 2

Edisto went up 3-0 on their first four shots of the game. Barnwell made a great attempt to come back but it was too little, too late. Barnwell had atleast twice as many shots as Edisto. Edisto's goalie did a great job, as did their defense to make every shot difficult and contested.
We had the same problem last night at a JV game with Hilton Head. Refs said only the players on the field at the end of OT could do the first round of a shootout. Excuse was it is a FIFA rule.
Coach Cady,

A short few years ago (I lose track now) the rule was that a player had to be on the field at the end of OT to participate in PKs, but that rule has been changed several seasons ago...perhaps your ref who had been "doing this for a long time" had a flashback to yesteryear...
In Williston 3/29
Blackville-Hilda 2
Williston-Elko 1
Waccamaw - 7
Aynor - 0
Coach Cady, look at p.75 of NFHS rule book
Woodruff 3
Southside HS 1
1-1 at the half
@ CN

Cardinal Newman 5
Cathedral Academy 0
at O-W
Stratford 9, O-W 0
From The Greenville News:

Mann 9, B. Ridge 1
Wade Hampton 4, Clinton 0
Riverside 4, Eastside 3
Greenville 5, Seneca 0
Carolina Forest 9 Georgetown 1
Hammond 3 Heathwood 2 @ Heathwood.
Post deleted by holtsc
Silver Bluff 4
Jasper 1

Good luck to Jasper on the rest of thier season.
3/29 @North High School

Eau Claire- 2
North - 4
@ Burke
Andrews 4
Burke 0
Lincoln - 3
MB - 2
1v1 do you have any information on the hammond heathwood hall game. interested to see how everything played out and who scored for each team.
@Lugoff
Lugoff-Elgin - 3
Camden - 0
@ Darlington
Darlington 5
Mar. County 2
Summerville 0
Beaufort 0

Summerville won on PK's, Great game by both teams. Beaufort sure missed #5.
Mauldin 1
Dorman 0
@ West Ashley
WA 4
Battery Creek 0
Lexington 3
Irmo 1

Lexington scored on a long throw 48 seconds into the match, the ball got deflected into the air and then headed in around the six. Pretty even game from then on with Irmo fighting to get an equalizer. With about three minutes left in the match Irmo got a long throw which was flicked into the side netting of the back post by #16 Garrett Lay. In stoppage time Lexington scored on a through ball to their left outside mid who made a run into the box and slid past the keeper side netting. With a few seconds left Irmo pused everyone up which left #9 Reel Callison alone for a breakaway with the keeper. Pretty even match up with Lexington having a few more chances at goal. Should be a great match up later in the season.
Umm i have to disagree with you alexander from what i saw lex dominated the game! I think it could have easily been
4-0 (if lex could finish which they have had a problem with all year and somthing that could come back to haunt them)either way it was not as evenly matched as you are saying!
4-0?
Alright if you say lexington dominated thats fine but 4-0. Come on Irmo hit the crossbar on a header from a corner, had another one ball bouncin around in the box that got headed over. Yea lexington had more chances but 4-0, lets not get carried away.
Lexington dominated the game physically...i dont remeber a time when i didnt see an irmo player on the ground...but good goal by irmo nice header! couldnt be more perfectly placed!
irmo had all of three chances and only one dangerous shot on goal compared 2 lexingtons more than multiple chances the game could have been a blowout if lex had had a few better shots
3/30/07
RV4
RNE 0

Great game by Brandon McMenemy the RV keeper, he had 15 saves. Alot of those saves were good shots by RNE. He truly keep RV in the game. Good luck RNE with the rest of your season.
Waccamaw - 6
Hannahan - 0
Academic Magnet - 3
Christ Church - 1
Academic Magnet 3
Christ Church 1
airport-0
Chapin-2

i thought a good game overall airport stuggled a lil on offense but had a good number of chances chapin worked the ball around a good bit and played a good game and scored with about 5 minutes to go in each half and airports defense did a good job all around keeping it a low scoring match
SA 3
WK 2

SA was completely flat the first half, however, they overcame a 2-1 half time deficit and dominated much of the 2nd half. 21 had a great game winning shot
Friday's Wando vs. Berkeley match has been postponed due to funeral services held at BHS for the two Moncks Corner police officers who were killed in the line of duty last Sunday. Our community has lost two outstanding officers...and good friends.

Girls/boys matches have been rescheduled for Tuesday, 4/10.
Sorry to hear about your loss Will. My prayers go out to the families and the community.
Anyone know the score to the Palmetto v. Abbeville game from Thursday night? Mustang9? Elcid?
Fort Mill 7
Rock Hill 1
Woodruff 0
Southside Christian 7
Hurst how did Fort Mill look
From Manchester meadows: NorthWestern 10, BC 0
From Manchester Meadows: Fort Mill 2, Aiken 1

Aiken scores very early in the match. Game gets a bit physical. Fort Mill midfielder gets red carded with 15 minutes to play. 10-man Fort Mill scores two goals in the last ten minutes to pull out the victory.
From Thursday @ Hilton Head
Bluffton 2 Hilton Head 1
Does anyone know the results of the West Florence vs. South Florence game. Interested to see how that game turned out. South Florence was winning the region with West Florence in second and riding a four game winning streak.
Palmetto Abeville canceled due to no refs
West Florence 2
South Florence 0

32nd min- Chamaillard from Kapoppulous
60th min- Bryce Reese-free kick
Interesting game- 6 yellow cards in the 2nd half.

They also celebrated Billy Andrews 30th year as head coach at West Florence Only mens soccer coach since the school opened
thanks soccermom, that games usually a pretty spirited one and sounds like last weeks game was no different. That's a great result for West Florence.
Waccamaw - 7
Marion - 0
Hilton Head- 2
Hilton Head Christain- 1
© SC Soccer