SC Soccer
Thanks!
Monday, April 9
at Clinton
Eastside 9 - Clinton 0

Halftime - Eastside 5-0 Clinton
Goals - EHS: Jonathan Woolford 2, Ryan Fowler 2, Ben Caldwell, Miguel Teos, Matt Henderson, Thomas Valikonis
Assists - EHS: Miguel Teos 2, Jonathan Woolford, Matt Henderson, Brian Symmes, Thomas Valikonis
Shots - EHS 16; CHS 2
Corner Kicks - EHS 6; CHS 0
Saves - EHS 2; CHS: Hampden Thomason 5, Brooks Young 0
Offsides - EHS 3; CHS 1
Fouls - EHS 0; CHS 6
Records - Eastside 11-3-0 (7-1); Clinton 5-10-0 (2-7)
Riverside 4 Greer 0
Batesburg-Leesville 2
Barnwell 1
What is the 14th month called?? lol. jk Kyle.
Chapman 1
Woodruff 2 (6-8-1 overall)(5-1 region II2a) (6-3 2A)
all losses to ranked teams except 3a Clinton HS.

Lex 3
WK 0
Brookland-Cayce 12-0 Strom Thurmond
The Cage @ Cayce, SC
Records: B-C (9-9-2, 4-1 Region 4-3A); ST (8-6, 2-3 Region 4-3A).
at Stratford
Stratford 3, West Ashley 0

Good luck to West Ashley the rest of the way.
Palmetto 4
West Oak 1
Pinewood - 8
James Island - 2

Sloppy defense by pwood...two own goals
Eastside 8
Union 0
Nope. Sloppy defense by James Island. JI scored two own goals. PP scored one own goal. Congrats to PP.
Airport 5 - Swansea 0
Walhalla 2 (OT)
Pendleton 1

Scoreless at halftime, Pendleton Sophomore Zack Sears scored 5 minutes into the second half but Walhalla's Abi Diaz countered about 3 minutes later. Second half came to a close tied 1-1. In the first overtime Walhalla (sorry, didn't get a number) scored a nasty goal off a back heel flick. Pendleton pressed hard, particularly in the second overtime but was unable to get the equalizer. With the win, Walhalla (6-0) secured at least a tie for the region I-AA title.
The goal against Walhalla was an own-goal off a Walhalla defender. Good game by both teams.
Goals are goals, whether they are own goals or flukes or whatever. The end result is the same, goal is scored.

For some reason some find it necessary to try to either come up with reasons for shortcomings, or worse, discredit the other team.
And sometimes it's just to explain what happened in the game so that fans that weren't there can keep up with what happened. Not everyone is "out to get" other teams. Most people reading these boards don't just want a score with no explanation or they would just look at the Eurosport scoreboard.
I disagree about the own goal assessment as it was a shot fired from inside the 18 that deflected off the defender (standing near the 6). The defender made no motion at kicking at the ball and really was a bystander who happened to get struck with the ball on its path to the back of the net.

When I think own goal, I think of an innocent ball which by direct action of the defender winds up in the back of the net though if left alone would not have.
@ Academic Magnet
AM 5 Bluffton 4 (2-1 Double PK's)
Hard fought match.
Correction:
"Chapman 1
Woodruff 2 (6-8-1 overall)(5-1 region II2a) (6-3 2A)
all losses to ranked teams except 3a Clinton HS."
Other unranked team loss was to Mid Carolina in Clinton Preseason Tourney.
Does JI play Wando tonite?
Any news on the BE v.s Summerville?
Bishop England 1
Summerville 0
Dorman 3
Hillcrest 0
Daniel 2 (OT)
Irmo 0
Any news on the Aiken Derby?
4/9

White Knoll 6
Heathwood Hall 2
@ Heathwood

4/11

Heathwood Hall 5
St.Andrews, GA 4 Overtime
@ Heathwood
Can anyone give me any info on the Daniel Irmo game. how the goals where scored and how the teams looked?
Riverside 10-0 Clinton
April 12
In Blackville
Bamberg-Ehrhardt 3
Blackville-Hilda 0
region II 2A Match
Woodruff 4
Carolina Academy 1
Palmetto 2
Pendleton 1
Great game, well played by both teams. Good play & good refereeing. Makes a difference.
Amen!
Pendleton 1
Palmetto 2

Palmetto led 1-0 at the half, Pendleton tied it and then Palmetto scored the game winner off a cross from the deep corner that struck the far post rebounded off of the keeper and into the net. Palmetto hangs on for the win and moves into second place in region I-AA at 4-2 while Pendleton sits at 4-3 in the region. I rarely, if ever, comment on officiating but I will say that there was very solid officiating and only one yellow card this match.
sorry coach, you posted yours while I was writing mine. Good game tonight.
4/12

Heathwood Hall 3
Augusta Christian 0
@ A.Christian
@Stall
Bluffton 13 Stall 0
Summerville 2 West Ashley 1
4/13/07 @ Eagle Stadium (Airport HS)
Brookland-Cayce 2-0 Airport

Goals: (B-C) Peter Koutrakos, 25:12; Tim Duzan, 55:22.
Assists: (B-C) Koutrakos.
Saves: (B-C) JC Gypin, 5; (A) Tyler Newton, 5.
Shots: (B-C) 14; (A) 7.
Corner Kicks: (B-C) 1; (A) 2.
Offsides: (B-C) 4; (A) 0.
Fouls: (B-C) 14; (A) 20.
Weather: 70 Degrees, Clear.
Officials: (R) Richard Sidebottom; (AR) Oleg Alexeev; (AR) Chuck Hodge.
Records: (B-C) 10-9-2, 5-1 Region 4-3A; (A) 5-12, 3-5 Region 4-3A.
at Wando

Wando 4, Stratford 1
Dorman 4
Boiling Springs 0
MB 2 NMB 4

MB 1-0 at half, NMB showed up in the second half. MB had many chances and being consistent(this season) did not capitalize. Great second half NMB! This region is going to be very competitive come playoff time. On any given night the top 3 teams can beat one another.
Pinewood - 12
Beaufort Academy - 0
Eastside 8
Greer 3
Wren 6
Easley 0
Aiken 2
White Knoll 1

Kyle Paradise hit an early goal within 20 of the first. then as usual white knoll fell apart and aiken took advantage. Can wk hold off to make it to playoffs?
Mauldin 7
Gaffney 0
Socastee 6
Ridgeview 0

Looks like White Knolls fall to fourth in the region is beginning to take place. They have a crucial match with Irmo next Thursday with the winner most likely finishing third in the region (facing Fort Mill 1st Round), while the loser will finish fourth in the region (Northwestern in the 1st Round)
Friday, April 13
Clinton 2-11 J.L. Mann
Good rivalry game the other night between BCvAHS. Physical and very hard faught game by both teams.
@ NMB
NMB 2 - BE 1
MB 5

Ridge view 2
© SC Soccer